CAGcast #123: All You Can Eat

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 20 June 2008 - 04:53 AM

CheapyD finds a new sleeping aid and soon Wombat won't be sleeping at all. We discuss new releases, the latest video game industry and shopping news, your CAGbag questions and much more!

Listen to details on how to win 1 of 4 $100 GameStop Gift Cards!

Review us on iTunes!
Join the CAGcast Facebook Group

http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast123.mp3
Download
- 89 minutes, 36MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image [digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Picture
Kevin's Tony Roma's Roppongi Wedding Party
Posted Image

By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3

#2 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:52 AM

I think it's about time to get rid of the CAGs on News Theme.

Anyways, glad to see the show's up even though it's 2AM, will listen to the first half now.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#3 Froogin

Froogin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:55 AM

Listening now...:bouncy:

Edit: Happy Anniversary Cheapy
Posted ImagePosted Image

[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ciframe%20src=%22http://gamercard.xbox.com/Froogin.card%22%20scrolling=%22no%22%20frameBorder=%220%22%20height=%22140%22%20width=%22204%22%3EFroogin%3C/iframe%3E[/IMG]

#4 JMEPO

JMEPO

Drakes Deception

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:05 AM

isn't that kind of sad that I've been checking my computer every 5 mins at 1 in the morning waiting for a new cheapassgamer cast...

#5 OVERKILL1972

OVERKILL1972

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:06 AM

Anyways, glad to see the show's up even though it's 2AM, will listen to the first half now.

NOPE! I disagree! Keep the CAGS ON NEWS intro!

Wombat also needs to keep singing CAGS ON BAGS. :D

#6 nacho44

nacho44

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:23 AM

omg its finally out, hey guys a big hello from australia. ive been hitting refresh in itunes all day for cag cast 123 and now its here. thanks so much cheapy u make studying for exams bearable! btw i signed up jus to post this!

#7 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:29 AM

Good timing. I was hoping it would come out tonight so I would have something else to do.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#8 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:37 AM

OMFG Blades of Steel intro music, possibly my favorite game for the NES!

#9 MikeydCT

MikeydCT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:49 AM

Posted Image
Watch out for him Cheapy.

I was froze today!

#10 krazy14kraz

krazy14kraz

www.thatgamingsite.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

hooray

#11 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:30 AM

Yeah I think you can remove the "By popular demand the Cags on News Theme" because it's no longer popular. It was nice while it lasted but I think that's enough. Not funny anymore. Looking forward to hearing this on my way to work today!

#12 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:30 AM

Same CAG day...same CAG day....comments after!

1xz7eo.gif

#13 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

I know you were trying to make the CAGcast a better show by purchasing and playing MGS4 but I'd prefer it if you didn't purchase games just to talk about them. It's a lot like your JRPG arguement in that you shouldn't really go out of your way to play it just because its something to talk about. Do your wallet a favor next time and skip MGS5. It's also not like every other podcast isn't talking about that game. Stick to the games you think you'll enjoy please: it makes for a better show and you won't have people hating you for not liking "the greatest game evar!"

P.S. Check out these Double Dragons:
Spoiler

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#14 weevles

weevles

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:41 AM

Listening now.

As for Cheapy "buying" games he don't necessary like, I wouldn't sweat it. It's Cheapy's amazon/PA credits and he can do whatever the hell he wants with them.

It'd be lame for a gaming podcast not to talk about the biggest games just because they're big. If anything, it's good to hear converse opinions instead of sheep-like agreement with the masses.

And cheapy and wombat can discuss Veronica Belmont (or any lovely lasses') double dragons as much as they want.
Spoiler

MGS is a tough game to review...you either love the series and appreciate the cutscenes or you don't. For me, I'm not a big fan of series per se, but I had no problem with the length and quantity of cutscenes. The only thing I thought could've been done better was
Spoiler

#15 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:44 AM

I think the summer drought has just started to hit with Metal Gear Solid 4 now being out. The big game for the 360 and PS3 just hit, Guitar Hero Aerosmith is coming out at the end of the month, but for July, August and September, you basically have nothing. Yes, there is Too Human, but I have not been impressed at all by it, and yes there is Madden, but Madden doesn't mean a damn thing anymore in the eyes of a lot of gamers.

And Cheapy, if you want to bring up pricing for first party PS3 games, answer me why is Gears of War is still $60? And this "repackaged" one is $40 instead of $30 when it offers nothing besides free content in addition to the game? I'm just guessing the reason why Mass Effect dropped was because the PC version came out.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#16 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

And Cheapy, if you want to bring up pricing for first party PS3 games, answer me why is Gears of War is still $60?

It's $40. And when refreshed version comes out, the $40 one will probably drop down to $30.

#17 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:02 AM

It must've recently dropped. Because a month ago it was $59.99. It's still ridiculous it's $40 IMO.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#18 bardiya27

bardiya27

CAGausaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

It must've recently dropped. Because a month ago it was $59.99. It's still ridiculous it's $40 IMO.

So is it also ridiculous that Resistance is $40, and Twilight Princess $50? Even though they came out at the same time as Gears of War?

Posted Image

#19 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

So is it also ridiculous that Resistance is $40, and Twilight Princess $50? Even though they came out at the same time as Gears of War?

Yup. Although the Cube version of TP is on clearance at Target. Stretching high prices isn't a Sony exclusive is my point.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#20 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

It's funny that Cheapy spends a lot of time complaining about the long list of downloadable games than just jumping into it.

# = sharp, Cheapy.

I've run into a few games that were full of mics, so it's not like nobody uses mics in the game. The reason the guy is shitting himself, Johnny Sasaki, is explained later in the game. What cutscenes were you falling asleep to? You could certainly try out the MGS4 Database, as it can help you find out more about things that are confusing you in the story in a wikipedia-style interface.

I've been hearing the MGS4 on 360 rumors for years now that I just stopped listening to them unless Konami or Kojima actually come out and say it's coming to the 360 because it's just a conspiracy at the moment.

If the rumors are true, Wombat's already proven wrong about his prediction that only one of the fourteen games will be made since the two Wii exclusives are supposedly the only confirmed ones of the bunch.

If Alone in the Dark is Atari's only hope, then what is Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit?

#21 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:41 PM

i think you should just play Metal Gear Online its more just gameplay and not story the way you like it ..... and i hope u do create a CAG Sever Room that'll be fun

#22 John Ketch

John Ketch

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

isn't that kind of sad that I've been checking my computer every 5 mins at 1 in the morning waiting for a new cheapassgamer cast...

Yes. Yes it is.
Posted Image

Like Jam bands or ProgRock? Check out Umphrey's McGee podcasts.

Sorry for partyin'.

#23 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:16 PM

The reason the guy is shitting himself, Johnny Sasaki, is explained later in the game.

Let me guess, it has to do with the dude who shat himself in MGS 1 aka the nude dude with stars above his head.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#24 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

Cheapy, it's a shame that you don't get the MGS story. If you played the previous three games, it makes much more sense. There are a lot of info and in-jokes that are directly related tot he previous games. The guy shitting is an ongoing joke that's been done since the first game. He's actually pretty important for the story.

Btw, not all the cutscenes are just talking. There's a huge amount of action acenes which rival the best Hollywood action films. If you plan on skipping the cutscenes, I'll let you know which ones are worth watching for the action alone. They are terrific. You can skip the Mission Briefings if you want. They are mainly story-related and can be replayed anytime you want.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#25 steverl22

steverl22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

good show, posting from the iPhone version of the forums.

Nice job

#26 zengonzo

zengonzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

If you played the previous three games, it makes much more sense. ... The guy shitting is an ongoing joke that's been done since the first game. He's actually pretty important for the story.

It's all so clear now.

#27 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

yes get rid of it its annoying

Posted Image

#28 FasterTTW

FasterTTW

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

in regards to nintendo allowing game execution from the SD cards.. they can DEFINITELY lock down the execution to the wii that bought the games.. remember you can ALREADY put the games on the sd card, and if you try to copy them to another wii, it won't let you.

that check is already in place.. nintendo just needs to change whatever in their code is making the sd slot soooo slow. homebrew devs have the sd slot doing everything under the sun, at normal sd speeds.. while nintendo's software takes a full minute to copy a 2mb nintendo game to the thing.

something is wrong there.

#29 Simon D I

Simon D I

www.GamerClash.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 02:40 PM

I'm about to listen to the show, but...

NO MORE CAGS ON NEWS THEME?!!??!

WHAT??!?!??!?!?!?

Today is my birthday, and because of this...I will now proceed to cry.

#30 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:11 PM

Yes! Iron Fist! God bless you, Wombat, and your fellow comic book nerdery.

And Venom is indeed overrated as a character. Much in the same regard as Carnage, Superman, and Gambit, Gambit, Gambit.