CAGcast #123: All You Can Eat

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

I highly recommend [GT Retrospectives] because I was able to follow the story better. Then you should read up on the MG Database...

not only did CheapyD mention that he saw some videos. he speciically mentioned the GT ones AND mentioned the Database.

I hope you get a ton of money doing this Gamespot thing. Cause I was seriously stunned when I heard you guys talk about it on the CAGCast.

I've always felt Gamespot was the CAG enemy.

thus it becomes even MORE important to know the difference between GameSPOT and GameSTOP. In spite of many of us not liking GameSTOP CAG has always 'supported' them in the sense that you always hear about their GamerDay Deals and such.

#122 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

I’ve never played a Metal Gear Solid game, and after learning that a guy shitting himself is a major (and recurring) plot pillar in the series, I have no plans to.

:lol: at the false assumptions

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#123 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

you stole that joke from Destructoid

Posted Image

Well, sort of.

I never saw that before my post, although I'll give it to you that its pretty funny ;)

#124 orko60

orko60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:02 AM

I never saw that before my post, although I'll give it to you that its pretty funny ;)

I'm pretty sure that EVERYONE'S going to make that obvious joke in some form or another. Don't be ashamed.
Posted Image

#125 liquidcross

liquidcross

Text and Violence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

Porting MGS4 to the 360 would be more difficult than people think. Aside from the obvious space constraints, the game is absolutely filled with Apple hardware and software (MacBook Pro, iPod, Apple Cinema Display) and Sony hardware (PS1, Memory Cards, SIXAXIS, Dual Shock, Dual Shock 3, PS3, Blu-Ray Disc), with multiple references to them directly in the story. Cutscenes would have to be completely redone, dialogue would have to be removed, and even gameplay elements would have to be radically altered and/or cut entirely. Plus, don't even get me started on Metal Gear Online...do you really think MS is going to let the Konami ID thing through on XBL? MS wants to charge MS Points themselves for content, not let a third party get all of the profit.

#126 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

I wasnt trying to be mean or anything. It was mostly an excuse to post that picture :D
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=3041#comments"][/URL]

#127 Hired.Geek

Hired.Geek

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:56 PM

Wind blown panties that is a lucky day you should say a pray of thanks to the pervert gods. Are you really a pervert for just looking? I mean if you are looking at eight and tweleve year old girls I think you are a pervert. But lets face it once they are fully developed, just looking is not so bad. When I look at girls I always imagine that they are eighteen years and one day old. If I was going to touch one of them I would demand to see two forms of ID, to confirm their age.

I have to disagree with you on the whole the woman is not a mother until the baby actually comes out. For the mother I think it is much more real to them right away because they feel a living person growing inside of them. I feel they are already a mother because they are actively caring for the child. Their daily habits and choices they make directly affect the child. If the mother drinks alcohol, the child has a high chance of coming out a window licking retard. So by eating right and taking care of themselves they are directly caring for the child. So really a mother’s day gift before the child is born in owed.

Cheapy, you were talking about getting some CAGs together to play some Metal Gear Solid IV online. Is there a form thread started to try to arrange an online get together? With your apparent love of toilet humor jokes, I honestly thought the cut scene with the guy suffering from the Hershey squirts inside drum would be the one you would enjoy the most!

Well Cheapy and Wombat said they wanted to see more micro transaction and less macro transactions. So it sounds like here come the micro transactions in the form of clothing for avitars. Honestly more stuff that should be free to market and promote games, and leave it to Microsoft to expect us the gamers to pay for yet more crap that really has no benefit. Gamer Pics, Themes, and now clothes, all stuff to help you spend those last 50 or 100 Microsoft Points that you have left over. It is bad enough that most of the downloadable games cost $10 let alone expecting you to buy clothes for an Avitar to help promote those games. I sincerely hope that game publishers are smart enough to include these free on the disk, or make them in game unlockables. Talk about a great marketing ploy, when people ask you how you got some cool shirt on your avatar and you explain that you unlocked it by completing some side mission or did something inside the game.

Whoever asked about IPTV, I agree that is a broken promise. A year ago I sent the GamerScore Blog a question about where they were at with IPTV. Did they read that question, no they read the question “Hey guys what do you think is behind the insane attach rate of the 360?”. Yeah way to field the real softball questions, we would really hate to see a marketing team answer real questions about their company’s products and services. And actually it was CES 2005 in Bill Gates and Robbie Bach said that it would be available to customers that fall. So yeah I think that is what I would call a broken promise.

#128 DreadMech

DreadMech

is the infamous Takamofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

not only did CheapyD mention that he saw some videos. he specifically mentioned the GT ones AND mentioned the Database.

I know, I listen to the CAGcast too. But I believe he said he started to watch the videos and not watch "all" of them, and when he was talking about it im not even sure Database was released yet..:bouncy:
XBL Gamertag: Takamofo / PSN: DaftGT