Fat Princess - Gen Discussion & Info - $15 - 7/30

The Mana Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Frantic and fun, Fat Princess pits two hordes of players against each other in comic medieval battle royale. Your goal is to rescue your beloved princess from the enemy dungeon. There’s a catch though: your adversary has been stuffing her with food to fatten her up and it’s going to take most of your army working together to carry her back across the battlefield.

You can switch between five different character classes literally at the drop of a hat: the fearless Warrior, the steadfast Archer, the mystical Mage, the tireless Worker, and the deadly Priest. In order to triumph, players must combine their skills and work together. The name of the game is cooperation, whether it’s helping another player drag a log back to your castle, manning a battering ram to smash through the enemy’s front gate, or building a human pyramid to scramble over the walls.

Key Features

* Casual Single & Multiplayer Online/Offline Action – Cooperate with your team of medieval soldiers (up to 16 players on each side) to overthrow the opponent’s army, plunder their castle and save the princess
* 5 Character Classes – Change your avatar's character anytime by swapping hats: Worker, Warrior, Archer, Mage and Priest
* 10 Unique Maps – There will be 10 maps total, shared across single & multiplayer modes
* Experience intense frantic gameplay across diverse, charming and challenging environments
* Resources & Upgrades – Work together to collect resources to upgrade your primitive weapons and basic castle defenses into superior armaments and impenetrable fortifications
* Unique Game Modes – Select from several various game types: Rescue the Princess, Thwart the Invasion, and Medieval Games
* 32-player Online Skirmish – Jump in and join as many as 32 players online to wreak havoc on the battlefield and carry your stout princess back home during the conflict
Gametrailers
GAF
image.jpg

image.jpg

More images:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

At first I didn't understand what this game was, but after hearing 32 player online and seeing what it is, I actually have some interests in it now. This may be fun game for CAG nights. :D

This was shown at E3 as one of the PSN games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the game's premise. The princess has been kidnapped and stuffed full of candy so now she is fat so you'll need all the help you can get to carry her back.

Wow, they should have talked about this more at the conference, looks awesome, and thanks to gamesharing I love PSN games. Cag Fat Princess clan anyone?

You know, I first I thought it was an animal crossing game until I saw all the blood. ;)

Who is developing this and is it multiplatform?

This game looks awesome. If we can get enough people on CAG to play, I'm sure matches and voice chat will be downright hilarious.

Here's IGN's hands-on (Greg Miller's Game of E3 atm):
IGN

[quote name='evergoo']This game looks awesome. If we can get enough people on CAG to play, I'm sure matches and voice chat will be downright hilarious.

Here's IGN's hands-on (Greg Miller's Game of E3 atm):
IGN[/quote]

Solid.

[quote name='Serpentor']Looks cute and funny title too, can't wait for the demo.[/QUOTE]If there's a demo, that's the big question (since games were proven to sell better without one).

Regardless, I'm liking the impressions I've heard.

this game makes me wish that they'd try to add some DLC (free) to calling all cars; I'd love for people to get back into that game, perhaps with more players too.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']If there's a demo, that's the big question (since games were proven to sell better without one).

Regardless, I'm liking the impressions I've heard.[/quote]

So is that a Mana-ism or what? I would like to see where you got that from.

On 1upyours they talked about people using a canon to shoot someone on top of the enemy castle. Also the ability to build new types of defenses, starting with a door, but presumably more later. Sounds like it will actually have sufficiently complex gameplay to keep it interesting. And if people were playing it the game may actually come out soon :pray:

[quote name='smiggity']So is that a Mana-ism or what? I would like to see where you got that from.[/quote]
I think Sony had some stats to back that up.

It looks cute - a redone "Capture the Flag". Definitely looks worth getting. Wondering though, could you do a local 2-player match with AI helping? I know my wife and I would have a blast!

This game just beat the shit out of Microsoft. Sony not only won E3 now, but they also won a free INTERNETS to go with it. I'm buying this day one.

[quote name='Vanigan']Heh, it looks like you have to feed the princess as well.[/quote]

That's how she gets fat, she starts thin but you can find food and make her eat it to get her fat. And if she's fat it takes more people on the other team to carry her out the door.

There's a "sizzler" trailer on PSN right now that showcases various new PSN titles.
There's 13 HD seconds of this game in it.

[quote name='happy']That's how she gets fat, she starts thin but you can find food and make her eat it to get her fat. And if she's fat it takes more people on the other team to carry her out the door.[/quote]

That's just hilarious.

Not to mention a cool game dynamic. I see they thought out the gameplay a lot too. You have classes you can change between for instant teamwork, but there's still a lot of details and side objectives.

Do you send some people out to grab food and feed to the princess, this way making her too heavy to carry alone, or do you focus everyone on combat, and risk the princess getting skinny enough for 1-2 sneaky players to carry her away?

This one should be more successful than Calling All Cars because it allows more players and has that teamwork aspect.

Anyone know who developed this yet? Looks like it was from the same studio.

It is horrible that this was the best thing Sony actually showed gameplay of @ E3. IMO Sony should have capitalized on Nintendo and MSFT poor showings....

[quote name='smiggity']It is horrible that this was the best thing Sony actually showed gameplay of @ E3. IMO Sony should have capitalized on Nintendo and MSFT poor showings....[/QUOTE]The problem is that all companies prepare their E3 long in advance, and it's not like they can make a quick change to really destroy. I was actually pleased with this, R&C Future QFB, PSP stuff, etc.

They showed off two new PS3 games behind closed doors. Heavy Rain, and an unknown.
Sony has 3 more events coming up, I'm assuming the goods are being spread out.

Playstation Premire event
Liezpig (sp?)
TGS

It does seem like sony really does divide things by region, and this was mainly for Sony America games, the Leipzig and Tokyo will have different games.

This is the game that will make me buy a PS3...maybe. It looks like something I'm not going to find anywhere else and it seems like a fun/funny premise.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']man not only does it look awesome, the whole thing plays awesome!

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3168874&p=37

nice to hear you actually need to fatten the princess.[/quote]

Wow, the more I hear/read the more depth there seems to be in this thing, a tech tree...

That seems to imply it's playable on the floor too, only one level but completely functional which means a full game won't be that far off (please)... With all the internet hype for this I wouldn't be surprised if Sony finds a few extra hands to lend them to finish it sooner if needed too.

bread's done
Back