Nintendo DS Limited Edition Pokemon Pack $130 shipped at Amazon (MSRP)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Limited-Pokemon-Pack/dp/B001CD3KSI/

I have no idea if this is:

• of interest to anyone
  • really a limited edition

but it was #1 on Amazon's movers and shakers list, so I'd figured i'd post it.

It comes with:

• Limited Edition Onyx Nintendo DS Lite with silkscreen of Dialgo & Palkia from Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness special animated episode DVD
  • Pokémon Dialgo & Palkia Carrying Case
  • Collectible mini-poster featuring Grovyle from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

I think i got slammed about this Limited Pokemon DS while back... I said something like "$500 for a Pokemon DS :shock: that's almost a PS3."

Now, for this price, hmmm, getting me a 4th DS :)

If anyone is on the fence about getting this, I would advise doing it.

I am sooo very glad I didn't wait on getting the Zelda DS bundle. Nintendo claimed they would be sold later individually but that never happened.

You forgot the "deal" to get it for $110 shipped!

• Save $10 when you spend $50 or $20 when you spend $100 on Video Games and pay with Bill Me Later®. Enter promo code BMLGAMES. Subject to credit approval. Offer limited to Video Game items sold by Amazon.com. One per customer. Enter code BMLGAMES at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

[quote name='Serpentor']I think i got slammed about this Limited Pokemon DS while back... I said something like "$500 for a Pokemon DS :shock: that's almost a PS3."

Now, for this price, hmmm, getting me a 4th DS :)[/quote]
This will be my 3rd :)

I thought I remember last year someone had taken a picture at the NYC Nintendo store with all of the variant colors and this was one of the options. I also recall that it was selling at some sort of premium but not sure how much more over regular MSRP.

I think I'll grab this one and hand down my white DS to my daughter.

It's a pretty nice bundle since you're getting a case and some extra goodies for what would be MSRP DS only pricing. It's probably not a real CAG deal since it is at MSRP (in theory)....but since it's from the boss, we'll let it go.;)...thanks Cheapy!

I think Nintendo World was selling the Japanese one of this for $250-300 or something crazy like that.

I don't know why I'm tempted to buy this thing though, when I really want an imported Ice Blue one.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']You forgot the "deal" to get it for $110 shipped![/QUOTE]

Tried the code, it doesn't work for some reason.

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

[quote name='bob330i']Tried the code, it doesn't work for some reason.

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."[/QUOTE]

On payment page click Bill me later and than on the checkout add the coupon and click APPLY (not complete order) and it should be good to go.

[quote name='kklems']On payment page click Bill me later and than on the checkout add the coupon and click APPLY (not complete order) and it should be good to go.[/QUOTE]

Ok, tried that method (entered code at the last page checkout summary) and it still won't go. Maybe it won't go because I still have some remaining HDDVD promo, a $10 GC and $5 credit due to a gold box error. All of those previous credits were applied on the last checkout page and still the BMLGAMES won't show up.

How is their return policy in case I get buyer's remorse? Wanna bite, but afraid the girlfriend might snap if she sees ANOTHER DS =D

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']FYI, you get a free shirt if you buy the game at B&M Gamestop's for the same price. Granted, there's tax, but yeah.[/quote]

I have to pay taxes on Amazon now anyway, so why not get a free t-shirt with it. Sorry Cheapy, one less order...

[quote name='Wlogan31']How is their return policy in case I get buyer's remorse? Wanna bite, but afraid the girlfriend might snap if she sees ANOTHER DS =D[/quote]

just sell it on ebay for more, lol

This will be my first DS system.. seems like a good deal with an extra pouch. It would have been extra great if it came with a game but I'm not complaining. Cool looking design.. even if you're not a pokemon fan, it doesn't really look pokemon-kiddish

In for one here too, this will be my 2nd DSlite (also have the gold tri-force). I've wanted one of these since the Japanese release, but I wasn't willing to be upwards of $400 for it. I'm really surprised that it's come out so long after pokemon's launch though, I had pretty much given up on a US release.

its gonna be my 4th DS. 1st DS is the phat with miyamoto signature, 2nd is the white ds lite, 3rd is the black ds lite, and now pokemon DS WOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWO wooo

[quote name='Tybalt Flux']FYI, you get a free shirt if you buy the game at B&M Gamestop's for the same price. Granted, there's tax, but yeah.[/quote]

Source?

[quote name='Wlogan31']How is their return policy in case I get buyer's remorse? Wanna bite, but afraid the girlfriend might snap if she sees ANOTHER DS =D[/QUOTE]

It's a DS, hide that shit!

Hey. this is going to sound naive because i'm not really current on game consoles... but why do people feel the need to have more than one DS?

I can understand if it's for multiplay reasons.. but if it's just for the design....?

Just a curious question to all those who are buying their 2nd+ DS now

Kinda tempted, but I don't want or need a DS or handheld now. If I did buy this, it would be my forth or fifth DS, though I always sold my old ones. Damn you Pokemon, if there was only a remake of gold/silver and red/blue for the DS than I would bite.

Pre-ordered mine at gamestop yesterday, alas this will be my second DS. Just wish the Pikachu DS lite would have come stateside instead of this one, but I'll take what I can get.

[quote name='roobix']Hey. this is going to sound naive because i'm not really current on game consoles... but why do people feel the need to have more than one DS?[/quote]

Obviously it's an important console to them, I would think. Personally, I sold my original Japanese import white DS Lite and bought a pink U.S. one eventually. I regretted the buy almost immediately, though, coming to the realization that buying a new DS and selling off the old one wasn't worth it to me. Even though I game more on the DS than I have any console ever, a simply cosmetic color change just isn't important to me. I won't do it again.

[quote name='roobix']Hey. this is going to sound naive because i'm not really current on game consoles... but why do people feel the need to have more than one DS?

I can understand if it's for multiplay reasons.. but if it's just for the design....?

Just a curious question to all those who are buying their 2nd+ DS now[/QUOTE]

Serious pokemon players need to have 2 or easy access to a 2nd in order to trade pokemon between games. Other games also support linking/trading. In my case I already own a DS phat that I use for that. I really didn't need a 2nd but want it because it's pokemon. Not sure if I will just leave it in the box until my current dslite dies or hand down my current DS Lite to one of my kids (who still have DS Phats) and start using this one.

I've decided to not rid myself of my current DS simply because it's attached to me. I've had it for 2 years and it's had 2 trips to and back from nintendo, the thing goes everywhere with me. I couldn't imagine trading it in.

[quote name='hbkhbk']For those of you with more than one DS, what exactly do you guys do with the extra DSs???[/quote]

Well, I usually bring them to school and play multiplayer with some people. I also buy it because I like the design or color.

Dammit, hoping this would come later in the year, at a time when I would have enough money to spare for this. Really want to get this, but not sure if no tax or a t-shirt is a better deal >_

Is there a thread somewhere explaining how to make sure my order picks up the referral from a CAG link or banner?

I think I'm going to preorder one of these right now.

[quote name='dys006']Is there a thread somewhere explaining how to make sure my order picks up the referral from a CAG link or banner?

I think I'm going to preorder one of these right now.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure all you have to do is click on cheapy's link and make your purchase.

I'm not really a pokemon fan but that is one sharp looking DS. Plus with bill me later, I save $20. This is my first DS btw. Thanks for the link.

Hmm.

I have $120 in Amazon credit...and I have been wanting a Lite (only have the MKDS red phat).

Still, the collector in me would just buy it and not open it. Gah!

bread's done
Back