Contest (CAG Foreplay #51): Win Fable II: Pub Games (XBLA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #50, we have two codes for Fable II: Pub Games to give away this week.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. Two winners will be chosen at random.

Good luck everyone!

Even though I haven't made the purchase yet I am most excited about Bionic Commando. If the game is successful, I think we stand to see more classic games with a graphical refresh, and in some cases that is all the more the games need.

I'm most excited about A Kingdom for Keflings, from Ninja Bee. Cloning Clyde was good, so it should be fun.

Bionic Commando R-A! Some of my most vivid early gaming memories are from that game. I still vividly remember getting dragged around the sewer level by that annoying green slime, or farming bullets for health in the top-left corner of the first underground level (the only way I could beat the game).

I would have to say Galaga Legends, I remember the joys of that game when I was younger, I spent a good period of time at the local arcade playing the original for only a quarter while my friends waited 10 minuetes to play the latest fighter, only to lose I might add. (Just need to pick up a card first! ;))

I'm looking forward to Castle Crashers. I'm hoping it will be a great multiplayer beat-em up in the tradition of Golden Axe and its ilk.

I've been waiting on Castle Crashers for a long time to not mention it now. It's a game worth the 1200 points to me.
Braid really wasn't

I'd say Braid is my favorite of the bunch. Though I suppose I see how Castle Crashers is when the demo comes out, since there's a ton of hype surrounding it but I still don't know why it's better than a regular beat-em-up.

It's so hard to pick, but Braid just edges out Geometry Wars 2 in my mind for pure originality and play experience. Castle Crashers is going to be awesome too.

I'm really looking forward to Castle Crashers. TMNT Arcade was one of my favorite XBLA games, and I'm dying for a new 4-player beat-em-up experience!

Braid really has to be one of the best Summer of Arcade game. I mean look even with its price tag it got great exposure and was well received by the gaming community, the head cheap ass himself bought the game. Not to mention Braid made me feel like I was reliving the Mario games in some alternate universe where Mario would look like a little hobbit/elf? I mean when I first played the trial before the game was out, after I was at the end it said the princess is not here. How many people do not remember that from the Mario games.

Yes it was short, yes it was a tad expensive for a game that has no re sale value, but like Mrs.Shipwreck said if you enjoyed the game, no way is it a rip off of any sorts.

braid, the demo just hooked me really well, but im too cheap/lazy to bug my parents to use their credit charge to but this game that's 4-5 hours. though $3 per hour of game time isn't so bad on second thought, the fact that there is no case, manual, and or disc is a big drawback in my book. me mbeing a collector and all. however, if this and the other 5 games came out on a compilation of some kind for $60 or less i would buy it in a heart beat!
the last compilation that microsoft did (which you can find in the bargain bin of almost any game store for less than $10 mabye even $5) was all lame puzzle games. and the games are alot cheaper than braid and the other games coming out. so i doubt micro$oft would make that 6 game compilation cuz they would making a pretty substantial lo$$. but if the games all sell exceptionally well i can see them doing it later on down the road.

チクショーヨ! thats a long contest entry :p

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, really digging gallaga. But I'm looking forward to Castle Crashers the most, it just looks like fun plain and simple. It's bout time for a new beat-em-up and online I can imagine this being amazing!

I was most excited about Braid after I played the demo but originally my sites were set on Castle Crashers. I just love the way Braid makes you take some time to think.

I want to see if Banjo has aged well. I fear not. But at 40 smackeroonies, I'd be mad not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back