• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:37 PM

1200 points, ouch.

At 800 it was doubtful, at 1200 it's a definite NO WAI !

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#32 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

I don't really get who this game is for. Anyone who bought The Orange Box is most likely not picking it up, I know I'm not. And people who haven't played Portal should just go whole hog and buy The Orange Box.

I agree with this... although I'm so tempted to buy it anyway. I never finished all the Portal achievements in The Orange Box - some seemed impossible so I don't think I'll have any more luck... especially finishing the game without getting shot.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#33 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:59 PM

Its a no for me too. I am another wondering who this was intended for and why its that price.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#34 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:10 AM

No purchase for me. I was so excited when this was first announced, then very quickly became so disappointed when I heard it wasn't a new game.
Posted Image

#35 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2008 - 05:35 PM

Definitely going to pick this up Wednesday, as I never bought The Orange Box... I was going to, but it was 70% because I wanted to play Portal, and with my stock of free MS points, it's worth it to me. Besides, I played Half-Life 2 on the original Xbox, and don't mind waiting a little longer to buy the whole Orange Box.

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#36 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:07 AM

Ugh. I was intrigued by this when it was announced, but like others have said, the lack of increased story has soured me a bit. I only did the storyline of Portal on a rental so I'm not even sure I want the extra challenge levels. Now on top of everything, Blockbuster Video has dropped the price of The Orange Box used to $19.99. That makes $15 for Portal: Still Alive *way* too overpriced for me, even considering that I have a Fuck-ton of points laying around.

Guess I'll be buying BloodSugarSexMagic on Rock Band after all :)

#37 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:59 AM

Count me in the camp of 'I love Portal, but not enough to spend 15 bucks on an almost identical version that I already own'.

#38 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

Even if you have ZERO interest in the the Half Life series (are you insane?) and Team Fortress 2 (kill yourself), you're still better off paying a little more and getting The Orange Box. For one, you'll hopefully wake up and realize you're making a mistake on not wanting to play the HL games and TF2. Two, you'll have Portal on disc. Three, if you get bored of the whole thing, you can still sell it or trade it.

#39 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:39 AM

Weird glitch: http://www.gamevee.c...l_Alive/1071686

No idea what happened in that video.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#40 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

Any of you suckers cave in yet?

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#41 SoulReaver

SoulReaver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

No.
Free 360 game by completing 2 offers. If you don't believe it just give it a shot. I spent $4 to get Dead Space. $13 to get Madden 10. PM me if you need help.

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234233

#42 glockant

glockant

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

Fuck this game!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

I was thinking about getting it since I haven't really played TF2 much and was thinking of selling the orange box, but for 1200 points I don't think so. I'd rather just hold on to the orange box.

Posted Image

#44 doodle777_98

doodle777_98

Trade me your nes games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

I have tons of points but i cant get myself to buy it

Read my Short Stories on deviant Art.
Ebay stuff: I always have stuff on ebay. $2 off shipping for CAGs
swagbucks-468x60.jpg

#45 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

1200 points, ouch.

This.

I thoroughly enjoyed Portal, but 15 bucks is too much for additional content.

#46 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

I got it with some free points. I never played the original. I'm loving it so far.

#47 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:41 PM

I ditched the orange box, but I didn't like portal enough to pay for it again with some tacked on challenge levels. I didn't touch it after beating the story originally anyway.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#48 APreciousDragon

APreciousDragon

The cake is a lie!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

1200 points, ouch.

Agreed!

I loved the game, but they should have just released the extra levels as DLC for the OB for a few hundred pts (at most). Would have done that ... not going to pay 15$ for something I already have ...
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

#49 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 05:39 AM

I caved and got it. I blame it on the fact that I beat every game I own, and I was sittin' around last night with nothing to play. I had the points so I said Fuck it. They did change one of the "Rat's Dens". The holes in the wall with writing on the wall and some pictures. Anyways it's in the Companion Cube level. There's pictures of people with their heads cut out and are replaced with Companion Cubes.

I'm confused about one of the achievements. It's called "Feeling like Floating" and the description says I have to disolve a turret. I'm not sure what to do, I thought maybe I had to push one into some water, but I thought I did that and got nothing.

#50 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

You have to pick up the turret and put it past one of the force fields (u pass these every time you go into an elevator.)
[FONT="]Posted ImagePosted Image

[/FONT]

#51 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:15 PM

They did change one of the "Rat's Dens". The holes in the wall with writing on the wall and some pictures. Anyways it's in the Companion Cube level. There's pictures of people with their heads cut out and are replaced with Companion Cubes.

I remember one like that, so I don't think it's new.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#52 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

You have to pick up the turret and put it past one of the force fields (u pass these every time you go into an elevator.)

Thanks, just did it. I didn't know you could do that.

I remember one like that, so I don't think it's new.

You're right, I just checked. I just didn't remember it.

#53 Chrisorz

Chrisorz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:00 PM

I never played portal, so I downloaded the demo and had a blast :D I don't know if I'll buy it though since the orange box is so cheap now, but wow portal is too much fun. I must've sat there for an hour just flying down portals and dropping stuff into portals.
Posted Image

#54 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

The game is shorter and easier than I thought it would be.

#55 KRS-2

KRS-2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

i bought it with some $5 points from pre-orders at BB. This game is amazing. the biggest letdown was how short it was but I can see myself playing through it many times. I cant believe i slept on this game for so long.

#56 naiku

naiku

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:40 PM

I picked this game up with the free Dodge points. It would be really good for 10$ but for 15$ its really short as most of you know.

The "Still Alive" Challenge levels aren't that challenging. A couple Still Alive Challenge levels have 2-3 hard puzzles to figure out while the rest have a single difficult part. With only 14 levels and when you get into that portal mindset, you can fly through the puzzles. Its not much of a challenge.

I don't regret burning the 1200 points on it. the dodge points go away in February and I really dont wanna waste them on "Are you Smarter then a 5th Grader"
Posted Image