Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

• Please log in to reply
4075 replies to this topic

#2971 orbit18

orbit18

Eater of Gum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

I'll probably just wait for the assasination mission. Well that took about 10 mins to get tired of the brushwood armor. I'm already sick of walking so slow.

#2972 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:01 AM

Wait until you've boosted your endurance. That's what I'm doing with the brushwood set for now. I'm using a mix of fluted armor and the black leather set, with either the steel or purple flame shield. Works pretty well, and my mobility is intact.

#2973 viper111380

viper111380

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

I am not so sure the rules about the world tendencies. Any help would be appreciated.

#2974 hqn101

hqn101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:57 AM

Wait until you've boosted your endurance. That's what I'm doing with the brushwood set for now. I'm using a mix of fluted armor and the black leather set, with either the steel or purple flame shield. Works pretty well, and my mobility is intact.

Purple flame shield is beastly, I remember dying so many times trying to get it from the red dragon at 1-1. If anyone needs help item duping, pm me. I already beaten and platinum the game but happy to help out. I'm at SL145.

#2975 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

Easier just to get pure white tendency in world 1 (if you missed the Valentine's event - that was the bext time to do it). Then the dragons are gone and you can loot their nest easily.

#2976 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

I am not so sure the rules about the world tendencies. Any help would be appreciated.

http://demonssouls.w.../world-tendency

#2977 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

Purple flame shield is beastly, I remember dying so many times trying to get it from the red dragon at 1-1.

For anyone else that wants those items without much hassle. My strategy was luring the red dragon onto the bridge to fry the enemies. Run away to the section that leads to the Dragon area, but don't go past the first window which you should see the Red Dragon flying overhead. He'll still think your there and do another fire run, and that is the time you should take off your equipment to go grab the stuff by the dragon area except the two items guarded by the Blue Dragon's tail. You can still get them, but they require timing to dodge the Blue Dragon's tail. Or you could just wait until you get PWT.

#2978 Bluntsly

Bluntsly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Im wondering if this is a game I should just grab now for full price, if it might be harder to find in a few months.. or would it be cheaper? I have a bit of a backlog but seeing as it's Atlus I'm thinking maybe I should just grab it?

#2979 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

I can't make recommendations on price, and I don't know what's in your backlog, but I definitely recommend playing this game soon while there are a lot of players online. Online vs offline experience makes a world of difference.

#2980 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

I can't make recommendations on price, and I don't know what's in your backlog, but I definitely recommend playing this game soon while there are a lot of players online. Online vs offline experience makes a world of difference.

yeah, price aside, play the game soon so you can play with other people.
Posted Image

#2981 rothgar24

rothgar24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:39 AM

All right guys. My final character is a faith build. I now have Istarelle, the Meat Cleaver, and the Sword of Moonlight (I have enough strength to use the Cleaver two-handed only but I figure that's how most do). They all scale well with faith.

I like Istarelle for a primary weapon when exploring. But which one should I switch to or use for fighting off PvP invaders?

#2982 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 02 March 2010 - 02:33 AM

All right guys. My final character is a faith build. I now have Istarelle, the Meat Cleaver, and the Sword of Moonlight (I have enough strength to use the Cleaver two-handed only but I figure that's how most do). They all scale well with faith.

I like Istarelle for a primary weapon when exploring. But which one should I switch to or use for fighting off PvP invaders?

SoM ignores block, so it's big with PVPers. I use it myself and have never lost a fight. Only fought one other person using it, but he screwed up trying to cast a spell and I moved in for the kill. Cleaver is another popular choice, but I find it too slow to compete. Never fought anyone using it, so I can't really comment on how easy it is to dodge.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2983 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

king allant is kicking my ass. time to take a break. I had him down to a sliver (one more hit would have done him in) and i choked.
Posted Image

#2984 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:01 AM

Sony admits it should have stepped up and published DS in the States.

http://kotaku.com/54...souls-a-mistake

#2985 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

I think if it were first party you might have better servers and reduce some of the lag issues in the game.

my favorite game ever

#2986 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

it takes a big man to admit when you were wrong.

Also, I finished my first play through on Sunday!

Immediately went through 1-1, 2-1 on NG+. I have little desire to play any other games right now.
Posted Image

#2987 Ace_Defective

Ace_Defective

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

I finally beat the Maneaters, and was invaded for the first time last night.
In 3-3 the first guy just stabbed me in the back for a one hit kill.
The second guy and I had an epic battle. All I needed was one more hit to beat him, and he switched weapons and hit me with a combo that took me out. It was fun though.

#2988 randomevent

randomevent

Mr. Pigface

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:53 PM

Would any of you be able to provide me with the SKU GameStop used for the Deluxe Edition of Demon's Souls? Thanks in advance.

#2989 Supplice

Supplice

Popcorn.gif

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:41 PM

I still rather have Atlus at the helm, because if it was published by SCEA then I would not have my actual rare Deluxe Edition.

#2990 guynextshore

guynextshore

Old Fashion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

Anyone still playing this? I got a copy last week - LOVE THIS GAME! However, still new Slvl 17. But, working on getting some nice equips over slvls.

#2991 animalspinners

animalspinners

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

I think if it were first party you might have better servers and reduce some of the lag issues in the game.

my favorite game ever

Agreed.

Hopefully SCEA takes over for DS 2 so we can have proper servers.

#2992 hqn101

hqn101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:05 AM

I finally beat the Maneaters, and was invaded for the first time last night.
In 3-3 the first guy just stabbed me in the back for a one hit kill.
The second guy and I had an epic battle. All I needed was one more hit to beat him, and he switched weapons and hit me with a combo that took me out. It was fun though.

3-3 was the monk right, I usually go offline to fight him because some ppl can be so cheap spamming firestorm when you first enter.

#2993 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

Finally got my platinum last night, so I'll probably put this on the back burner, and maybe just pick it up occasionally for some PvP. But I absolutely loved this game. It got me excited to play like no game has in a very long time.

#2994 Invin

Invin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

How long did it take you guys to Platinum? I'm somewhere between 50-60 hours and am far from it. Pretty close to giving up. Stupid stone chunks.

#2995 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

I got it in around 100 hours, but I had a lot of help with the weapon trophies.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#2996 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

I think mine was around 120 hours? But in the end I finally held someone else's Insanity Catalyst and Blueblood Sword so I only had to beat Old Monk and Maiden Astraea 3 times each instead of 4 times each. But I also spent a bunch of time trying to invade other people's worlds and doing some other messing around. So maybe that evened out some. I did get alomst all the specific weapon trophies without cheating, though I traded for the Sharp +5 and I got together with another person to combine ores to make the Marrowstone and Mercurystone weapons.

#2997 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

Damn it, I think I may have to break down and pick this up. I have been reading this thread off and on and everytime I look at it, I get the itch to start playing.

#2998 Saint Noir

Saint Noir

CinemaScope

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:05 PM

Took me about 100 hours. Probably would have taken a bit more, but ChibiJosh helped me with bladestone weapon (and a few others). I did go through the game about 3.5 times though. First playthrough took me close to 60 hours I think... with all the farming and goofing off I did in it.

#2999 wizard341

wizard341

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:14 PM

About 120 hours for platinum here, finished with soul level ~ 170.

#3000 mang9432

mang9432

Bad Baby 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

Damn it, I think I may have to break down and pick this up. I have been reading this thread off and on and everytime I look at it, I get the itch to start playing.

just do it.
Posted Image