Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

Ha, so I finally beat 1-2 (Tower Knight)!! Instead of trying to fight my way through everyone to get to the actual boss, I ran through most everyone. When the TK finally came down, the fog lifted and they all came running after me!! lol Great game :).

Man I wanna play this game so badly :( (I love the kings field series).I shoul've got this game instead of killzone 2 :/

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Hmm so does anyone think there will be an English release? Or should I just buy the asian version?[/QUOTE]

You can buy the Korean version too. It has full English support just like the Asian version. Might run a tad cheaper too.

[quote name='Third Eye']You can buy the Korean version too. It has full English support just like the Asian version. Might run a tad cheaper too.[/quote]
I just bought the asian version. I hope I like it lol. Though the website says it won't get here until mid May.

I think I'm going to give in and put an order in for this. Since nowhere has it in stock right now, that means it won't show up until the semester is over. :cool:

Wow, that Eurogamer review might be the first review I have ever read and thought fuck I Must buy this game. I won't have any time to play it till the fall at earliest, so hopefully a US version will be announced by then, or the asian one will be more available/cheaper.

Sony should post that review on the wall at E3 and announce they are releasing the game in the US, the localization is already done, they can even just do it as a $40 game on PSN, Gamestop/walmart won't care about not having this on the shelves.

For what it's worth, Demon's Souls also got a very positive write-up in the latest issue of Play magazine. The only potential drawback, depending on your point-of-view, is that's is supposedly pretty challenging.

Goddamn, NeoGAF has me so pumped about getting destroyed by this game. I think I can hold off as long as it doesn't get a US release.

So I wonder how many people in the US will now pretend to have ever cared about King's Field, or even From Software in general, now that they have a PS3-exclusive to cling to and fawn over.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']So I wonder how many people in the US will now pretend to have ever cared about King's Field, or even From Software in general, now that they have a PS3-exclusive to cling to and fawn over.[/QUOTE]

Just like the Fallout series? :roll:

Im pretty much done with this game (90% complete) I have the Asian version (Full English) so I will probably put it up for trade or sell on CAG, since its still hard to find. I will provide pics and all that, PM if interested

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Just like the Fallout series? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Almost. The difference, is that people got interested in Fallout 3 because of the publisher (and their reputation with Elder Scrolls; another series that suddenly got really popular with it's third entry), not the platform.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']So I wonder how many people in the US will now pretend to have ever cared about King's Field, or even From Software in general, now that they have a PS3-exclusive to cling to and fawn over.[/QUOTE]

Kingsfield WAS awesome though (for me). It was one of the only rpg's out at the time so no fucking shit I cared about it. From Software also made Otogi which was bad ass as well. I can't comment on the other stuff they've made but comments like yours are just fodder for trolls.

[quote name='Third Eye']It was one of the only rpg's out at the time[/quote]
Uh, if you say so...

but comments like yours are just fodder for trolls.
Oh, chill the hell out. I'm just saying, that the PS3 community seems to make a big deal out of EVERY SINGLE EXCLUSIVE, no matter what it's credentials. I find it really hard to believe that as many people as will make a big deal out of this exclusive game , as actually cared about From's RPG history.

I don't think anyone's really making as big of a deal about this game as you've made it out to be, as evidenced by the ~60 posts made before you found this thread. The fact that it's not even out in the US makes it very hard for anybody, besides a few people on Neogaf, to care about the game.

has anyone decided to import this one yet since it has english subtitles?
if so how is it?
and how other games would you compare it to?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh, if you say so...
[/QUOTE]

Wow, you must not remember but there were barely any RPG's for the PSone when it launched in 95. King's Field was one of few here in NA.

[quote name='Third Eye']Wow, you must not remember but there were barely any RPG's for the PSone when it launched in 95. King's Field was one of few here in NA.[/QUOTE]

The PlayStation was totally not the only thing to play videogames on in 1995.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The PlayStation was totally not the only thing to play videogames on in 1995.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if you took it the wrong way but I was only talking about PSone RPG's. They were very limited on that system when it launched and for quite some time after which is why King's Field filled that void for some people.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think anyone's really making as big of a deal about this game as you've made it out to be, as evidenced by the ~60 posts made before you found this thread. The fact that it's not even out in the US makes it very hard for anybody, besides a few people on Neogaf, to care about the game.[/QUOTE]

There's actually a TON of ppl very aware of this game, lots calling it their GOTY of the year so far. Eurogamer posted their review, somethingawful forums has had two 1,200+ post threads about it, the thread on Gaf is over 3k posts. Gametrailers, gamespot or almost any video game forums has lots of interested people.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Third Eye']Sorry if you took it the wrong way but I was only talking about PSone RPG's.[/QUOTE]

Okay, see, there is nothing about the statement "It was one of the only rpg's out at the time" that is PlayStation-specific, so you can't blame me for misinterpreting it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That still isn't that many sales for a game that's supposedly a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Just curious but, where did you get that info from? The only source shown regarding the sales of Demon's Souls has been a famitsu magazine article saying the Japanese version sold 100k. Didn't say anything about the other two versions.

yeah every site i have been to it backordered...and their new shipment that they get is also sold out. So it looks like sometime late May will be when they get more in lol...if they don't sell out again

[quote name='SilentSinr']yeah every site i have been to it backordered...and their new shipment that they get is also sold out. So it looks like sometime late May will be when they get more in lol...if they don't sell out again[/QUOTE]

Just received my second delay notification today. Bought it about two months ago with an initial ship date of April 20th, then delayed to May 5th, and now delayed until May 27th.

[quote name='theblizzman']Just received my second delay notification today. Bought it about two months ago with an initial ship date of April 20th, then delayed to May 5th, and now delayed until May 27th.[/QUOTE]

Damn, what site?

[quote name='theblizzman']Just received my second delay notification today. Bought it about two months ago with an initial ship date of April 20th, then delayed to May 5th, and now delayed until May 27th.[/quote]
did you order from ncsx? if so, that means mine will be delayed too; i ordered around april 16

Shit, finally! Play-Asia shipped my stuff out today! Only took two months.

PSN: AcidAvatar if anyone wants to play sometime :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to find out as much as I possibly can about this game before I try and grab a copy. Is it turn based or action? Is it a straight up action RPG/dungeon crawler type of game?

I ask because I like the action-y type of RPG's but I CAN'T STAND anything like Final Fantasy.

It's a straight-up ARPG/dungeon crawler. You should have a blast with this one!

I went ahead and ditched my knight character, as playing as her was just too hard. Re-started with a Royal (soul arrow + regenerating MP ring = WIN) and the game is almost too easy now. You can keep your enemies at a distance and even their hand-to-hand combat isn't that bad. Still haven't beaten 2-2 though :whistle2:(.

I have to agree, this game seems to be getting a lot of attention lately from importers.
As soon as this FF:Advent Children sells, I'll order up a copy as I've been meaning to since the game came out.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']So I wonder how many people in the US will now pretend to have ever cared about King's Field, or even From Software in general, now that they have a PS3-exclusive to cling to and fawn over.[/QUOTE]:rofl: never change

Man, so I went through 2-2 (yay!) and 3-1 last night. This game still amazes me!! It captures the oppressive scary vibe that Resident Evil has been trying to do for YEARS. I literally didn't blink the entire time I was at the Tower of Latria.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Man, so I went through 2-2 (yay!) and 3-1 last night. This game still amazes me!! It captures the oppressive scary vibe that Resident Evil has been trying to do for YEARS. I literally didn't blink the entire time I was at the Tower of Latria.[/quote]
man, you are making me live up to my username. i cannot wait till this thing gets here. Let's go USPS!

[quote name='dallow']Sold out seemingly everywhere, and ebay prices are nearing $80. :([/quote]
maybe i shouldn't have cancelled my ncsx order after my play-asia shipped....

Monday Yesasia sent me another delayed shipment notification (delayed till May 27th). One day later they sent me a notification that the item just shipped (crazy, but I do not care). FINALLY!!!! I ordered this two months ago. At least this gave me time to go back and play Eternal Ring and Ancient City. If now they only would bring over the two Kings Field PSP games they released back in 2006.

[quote name='theblizzman']Monday Yesasia sent me another delayed shipment notification (delayed till May 27th). One day later they sent me a notification that the item just shipped (crazy, but I do not care). FINALLY!!!! I ordered this two months ago. At least this gave me time to go back and play Eternal Ring and Ancient City. If now they only would bring over the two Kings Field PSP games they released back in 2006.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit I didn't know they released King's Field for PSP. That's pretty bad ass.

I'm really interested in this game. I'm a bit concerned and worried about the difficulty. From what I've read it doesn't feel cheap but then I read there are things (Traps, Enemies that pop out) that you just sort of have to learn.

Also how does saving work? I've read you have to beat an enemy/boss/dungeon to save?

Is it worth the about $70-$90 shipped it would most likely cost?

[quote name='Boeing 747']I'm really interested in this game. I'm a bit concerned and worried about the difficulty. From what I've read it doesn't feel cheap but then I read there are things (Traps, Enemies that pop out) that you just sort of have to learn.

Also how does saving work? I've read you have to beat an enemy/boss/dungeon to save?

Is it worth the about $70-$90 shipped it would most likely cost?[/QUOTE]

Technically you can save at any time just by selecting "system" -> "quit". You can't reload if you've made a mistake... I can only assume that's what you mean. There are a good amount of traps and enemies that like to ambush you, but if you keep your guard up and generally just pay attention to your surroundings (and the messages on the ground) you should be okay.

Got my copy monday. Thanks punkmaggit for the game info on how to save. I probably would have had a problem with that if you hadn't had mentioned :) And I'll be sure to read messages on the ground heh

bread's done
Back