General Gaming Thread ∞

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33551 replies to this topic

#7561 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:55 AM

playing through god of war II on hard. not as bad as I remember it, but the image quality of this game is really rough. This is one of the few cases where 60fps isn't worth it (well, it doesn't really count since the framerate is so unstable.)

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

#7562 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:59 AM

I thought GoW2 looked pretty good on my PS3 -- much better than DMC3... though the trick was to use the PS3 settings, I think, not the in game menu options.

#7563 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:15 AM

Beat Haze last night. Friend and I bought it when it was $10 at BB so we could just co-op online through it.

This is how it went:

Sucked - sucked - hmm, ok - kinda cool twist - oh crap sucks again - sucked - sucked - hahaha that was the end? finally

Sometimes games get dumped on and no one plays it ever, but there's something good in there.
Not with this game. Almost a cool script twist but then it went sour quickly with more lame gunplay and buggy as hell graphics.

It was truly a bad game and it's a good thing the 360 version was scrapped. There's no need to play it.
Also, corniest death scene at the end of any "boss".

Yes yes it was...I found it worth the $10 just for the laughs. Kill the tank dallow! *dallow gets shot in the face* HA HA HA HA HAAHAHAHAHHAAH

OMG a plane is about to crash into the deck of the carrier we're on....
Dallow says "Ahhhhh!" and the plane hits him and he goes sliding across the deck but doesn't die...that was hilarious.

Yes that death scene was sooooo long but it was so damn funny. The story was...semi-interesting, but even by the end it was like "Just shoot the good guy in the head, he's an idiot". REMEMBER YOUR PROMISE TO MORENO!

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#7564 dallow

dallow

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:37 AM

Haha, that helicopter hitting me in the face and pushing me across the carrier was kinda funny.

#7565 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:55 AM

Got a care package from a friend in Japan. Filled with random goodies that I love ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reigning Super CAG Fighting Quiz Game Winner plus Alpha@ hyper-turbo.eXtreme!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SDTEKKEN - TekkenZaibatsu - Mad Catz - EVO2010

#7566 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:46 AM

That stick is on roids!

I'm going to try to build my own.. I hope this works!

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#7567 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:28 AM

I thought about building my own, but even the custom guide on the front page was only for PC/PS3 -- the problem being I'd want my stick on the 360, and that seemed to require extra mods the blogger didn't cover (neither did the website for the cerberus chip or whatever it was).

#7568 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:30 AM

I'll be buyng a stick next year, but build my own after.

#7569 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:51 AM

Markman, I uh... that's a very nice Capcom card sheet you have there. Edgeworth and Gumshoe look darn good. So does Chris. And Frank and Isabella. :oops:
gwensigol8.png

#7570 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:53 AM

I am a great appreciator of video game music. So I figured I'd make a small list of my favorites. If anyone wants to add any be my guest!

1. Ohatu's Theme from Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

When Dawn of Dreams came out it was my game of the year, and the soundtrack was also my favorite soundtrack that year. Which is quite a feat, since if I remember correctly Ace Combat Zero came out the same year. To beat an AC soundtrack is pretty damn impressive.

2. Megalith -Agnus Dei- from Ace Combat 4

Probably the most epic mission in any game. Taking out a doomsday weapon by flying your plane into a massive fortress while meteors rain down around you. Luckily the music fits.

3. Ice Cage from Ace Combat 5

A battle that takes place during a blizzard. Even if I didn't tell you that, the track does just by the way it sounds.

4. Zero from Ace Combat Zero

I'll have to stop myself because I could fill up this whole thing with music from the AC series. Keiki Kobayashi is a musical genius, and I suggest you seek out more of his stuff if you like good music. Why Namco doesn't utilize him more I'll never know.

5. Chasing Shirley from Tales of Legendia

ToL is kind of the bastard child of the series. Not many people like it, but I loved it. Especially the soundtrack. Go Shiina's unique use of strings won me over pretty quick. I've been practicing this song on my viola ever since I heard it...

6. Snow Castle from Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Speaking of Go Shiina, here's another one from him! Listen to those strings. Amazing...

7. Girl Named Shelke from Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus

Yeah, this game sucked ass but it was composed by Masashi Hamazu. Who uses strings even better than Shiina. It's sad that Square only uses him for shitty games like this, but keeps letting hacks like Uematsu compose their big franchises.

8. Reach out to the Truth from Persona 4

Probably my favorite RPG battle theme. Quite unique.

9. Leen's Love Theme from Grandia

It hurt me to see the quality of this series diminish with each installment. But the first game will always stand as one of my favorite games of all time. That includes the soundtrack with its sweeping and epic score.

10. The Moon from Ducktales

The fact that Capcom was able to get this quality of a track out of the NES is nothing short of amazing.

11. Stickerbrush Symphony from Donkey Kong Country 2

Just plain beautiful.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#7571 MarkMan

MarkMan

CAG TEKKEN MASTER

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:05 AM

Rei, nothing to add except...

Snow Castle from T5DR and The Moon from Duck Tales = two of my favorites too!

i also like burn my dread from persona 3...

yumi kawamura's voice = NICE, her Persona 4 stuff is really growing on me.

ALSO!

Bubble Man from Mega Man 2.

solid

Reigning Super CAG Fighting Quiz Game Winner plus Alpha@ hyper-turbo.eXtreme!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SDTEKKEN - TekkenZaibatsu - Mad Catz - EVO2010

#7572 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:07 AM

A current fave of mine is:

http://bmf.i-revo.jp...bach/index.html

Go there, click skip, and wait for the song to load. It should be on one of the future Beatmanias.

If not, I'm totally picking up this dude's CD whenever it comes out.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#7573 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:23 AM

I am a great appreciator of video game music. So I figured I'd make a small list of my favorites. If anyone wants to add any be my guest!

1. Ohatu's Theme from Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

When Dawn of Dreams came out it was my game of the year, and the soundtrack was also my favorite soundtrack that year. Which is quite a feat, since if I remember correctly Ace Combat Zero came out the same year. To beat an AC soundtrack is pretty damn impressive.

2. Megalith -Agnus Dei- from Ace Combat 4

Probably the most epic mission in any game. Taking out a doomsday weapon by flying your plane into a massive fortress while meteors rain down around you. Luckily the music fits.

3. Ice Cage from Ace Combat 5

A battle that takes place during a blizzard. Even if I didn't tell you that, the track does just by the way it sounds.

4. Zero from Ace Combat Zero

I'll have to stop myself because I could fill up this whole thing with music from the AC series. Keiki Kobayashi is a musical genius, and I suggest you seek out more of his stuff if you like good music. Why Namco doesn't utilize him more I'll never know.

5. Chasing Shirley from Tales of Legendia

ToL is kind of the bastard child of the series. Not many people like it, but I loved it. Especially the soundtrack. Go Shiina's unique use of strings won me over pretty quick. I've been practicing this song on my viola ever since I heard it...

6. Snow Castle from Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection

Speaking of Go Shiina, here's another one from him! Listen to those strings. Amazing...

7. Girl Named Shelke from Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus

Yeah, this game sucked ass but it was composed by Masashi Hamazu. Who uses strings even better than Shiina. It's sad that Square only uses him for shitty games like this, but keeps letting hacks like Uematsu compose their big franchises.

8. Reach out to the Truth from Persona 4

Probably my favorite RPG battle theme. Quite unique.

9. Leen's Love Theme from Grandia

It hurt me to see the quality of this series diminish with each installment. But the first game will always stand as one of my favorite games of all time. That includes the soundtrack with its sweeping and epic score.

10. The Moon from Ducktales

The fact that Capcom was able to get this quality of a track out of the NES is nothing short of amazing.

11. Stickerbrush Symphony from Donkey Kong Country 2

Just plain beautiful.

Those are some excellent tracks. Funny that you bring up Stickerbrush Symphony from DKC2 cause I was just thinking about that song earlier today (along with some other songs from the game as well as DKC3).

What's with the hate of Uematsu though?

#7574 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:32 AM

I just never liked his music. I feel it's ridiculously overrated. While it's not bad, it's not great either. Especially considering that most of his stuff still sounded like he was composing it on a midi machine up until very recently.

I'll admit that his work in Lost Odyssey is quite an improvement, but it's just nowhere near as good as who I consider the greats.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#7575 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:44 AM

I just never liked his music. I feel it's ridiculously overrated. While it's not bad, it's not great either. Especially considering that most of his stuff still sounded like he was composing it on a midi machine up until very recently.

I'll admit that his work in Lost Odyssey is quite an improvement, but it's just nowhere near as good as who I consider the greats.

Fair enough. I'd be willing to meet you on the point of him being overrated. I admit when it comes to game music he's often one of the first I think of but that's mostly just from long term familiarity with it.

#7576 heavyd853

heavyd853

Hates fatties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:52 AM

I fucking love Ace Combat soundtracks too!

Yessssss!

I definately love Uematsu's stuff, especially the soundtrack for FFVIII.
Hates Fatties x 2

#7577 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:58 AM

No Rave ON????????? no RAVE ONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

yous guys are sillies...

#7578 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

to be srs though:

Anything from Bionic Commando Rearmed:

GTAIV Elector Choc: Boys Noize & Down

Gitaroo Man - Legendary Theme

Disco Prince - Katamari

Genki Rockets - Lumines

Mass Effect - M4 Faunts

Metroid Prime 3 - Title

MGS4 - Love theme

No More Heroes - Steel Python

Red Dead Revolver - Anything (such a good composition of spaghetti western stuff)

Rez - Fear

Ridge Racer 7 - Meet the World

Rule of Rose - Track 11

Rub Rabbits - Random but whatever

Wipeout Pulse/HD - X Project

Fallout 3 - Maybe

Mirrors Edge - Theme Remix

Little Big Planet - The Go Team

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=K4$$$acwtd4

Blaster Master - Everything ;)

had enough... I got more :P I listen to alot of damn gaming music alongside Chiptunes......

gotta wake up in 2 hours... Fuck >_<

#7579 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:06 PM

Hitting the road in a couple of hours, so Merry X-Mas GGT!! I hope Santa brings you all a bunch of great games!

#7580 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:22 PM

Rave on! I forgot that one.

I like Harman's Room a lot. Very mellow, but spooky.

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

#7581 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

The Club is actually fun.
Wow.

#7582 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:17 PM

If anyone's interested in a 32gb ipod touch (2nd gen), pm me!

http://www.cheapassg...511#post5285511

#7583 corrosivefrost

corrosivefrost

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

The Club seemed like it could be alright -- it's made by the people who did Geometry Wars, so in theory, if they could recreate similar score based elements in 3d/3rd person, it makes sense that it could be alright. I played the demo and it was ok, but it didn't hook me enough to care to go back and figure out all the combos and where the hidden skulls were and such.

#7584 dallow

dallow

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:53 PM

Same exact experience here. Are you playing guitar though? I found +50ms for both made drumming better, but 0ms was better for guitar.

I played with the guitar to start, but I do play drums more.
Hmm. I figured the calibration would work for both. I'll give it a try.

---

I decided to boot up FO3 last night, only wanted to play to see the intro then save, but I stopped just after I left the Vault.
I didn't spend too much time customizing a character, takes too much time.
And holy crap at all the choices I have when speaking to people. I'm going to have to play this game twice.

I didn't kill the Overseer.
Spoiler

So I'm outside, and holy crap. Where do I go. It's huge, and a mole rat attacked me. I'm just walking around listening to the radio.

#7585 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:53 PM

The Club could've been fun if every gun wasn't a pea-shooter.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#7586 dallow

dallow

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

The Club could've been fun if every gun wasn't a pea-shooter.

That's how the RE5 demo felt.
They need new gun sound effects at the very least.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#7587 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:11 PM

I played with the guitar to start, but I do play drums more.
Hmm. I figured the calibration would work for both. I'll give it a try.

---

I decided to boot up FO3 last night, only wanted to play to see the intro then save, but I stopped just after I left the Vault.
I didn't spend too much time customizing a character, takes too much time.
And holy crap at all the choices I have when speaking to people. I'm going to have to play this game twice.

I didn't kill the Overseer.

Spoiler

So I'm outside, and holy crap. Where do I go. It's huge, and a mole rat attacked me. I'm just walking around listening to the radio.

Stop in Megaton first, it's near the vault. After that, go wherever you want.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#7588 dallow

dallow

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

I'll look around for it. Hehe, so far very good.
Can I sell all the cups/forks/plates/clipboards I stole from the vault there? Are they even useful?
Really need to unload.

Damn, I'm such a packrat.

#7589 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

You can sell anything, but stuff like utensils isn't worth it. The easiest way to make money in the very beginning is to loot the bodies of the raiders you kill and sell their stuff. Later you get some quests that pay pretty well.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#7590 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:24 PM

oh wow... I found a new blog to love <3

http://igetyourfail.blogspot.com/