CAGcast #138: A Quest For Fun

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#91 TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

any news on the Gamestop giftcard contest?

#92 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:41 PM

I know it can, but if that one comment in a 90 minute show really set everyone off this badly then I think everyone needs to take a step back for a second, realize it is just one persons opinion on a fake internet radio show and move on. :roll: This isn't life or death here.

agree, Cheapy prefers the 360 when he buys games. what's the big deal? he doesn't work for some game review site or magazine (and those guys have their own preferences as well). he only states what he thinks and he likes playing on the 360 more. there's no need to get worked up over this.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#93 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 06:49 PM

I know it can, but if that one comment in a 90 minute show really set everyone off this badly then I think everyone needs to take a step back for a second, realize it is just one persons opinion on a fake internet radio show and move on. :roll: This isn't life or death here.

People aren't as mad as you make it seem. I don't like it when cheapy talks trash about the PS3, in my opinion its silly and pointless. I'm not even mad at Cheapy, to me its all apart of the show, and if that's his opinion thats cool with me. The show is just like a discussion with the community; they record the show, we comment. I don't think anyone has a problem with Cheapy or Wombat's choice. All in all, regardless arguing over consoles in my opinion is part of the show, I enjoy it, Cheapy enjoys it. So step off your high horse, and let people enjoy the show the way they want to. If I (or other Sony fans, or Nintendo fans, or Neo Geo, or Dreamcast fans want to heckle Cheapy a little, then its no big deal... makes for a better fake internet radio show." You're the only one making it life or death deal, when its not. In the beginning of the show, first thing Wombat says is "I'm going to NOT say anything controversial" and Cheapy says something to the effect of "that would make for a boring show" --- He's right it would... after all the trash that Cheapy and Wombat have talked about not just about Sony, but Nintendo and Microsoft, they haven't lost not one listener. No one's making death theats, killing themselves, or acting foolishly. No one has even said anything to get banned from the site [in regards to this present situation]. Glockglock, take your own advice, does it bother you that much that people criticize Cheapy and/or Wombat after a show? But with that said.. you are of course free to your opinion, but I just wanted to let you know for me.... my comments are all in good fun and its not as serious as you're portraying.

See you next show, cause I figure we'll all be doing this all over again... its just part of the fun, part of the CAG community.

Edited by Thomas96, 31 October 2008 - 07:06 PM.

Posted Image

#94 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:17 PM

People aren't as mad as you make it seem. I don't like it when cheapy talks trash about the PS3, in my opinion its silly and pointless. I'm not even mad at Cheapy, to me its all apart of the show, and if that's his opinion thats cool with me. The show is just like a discussion with the community; they record the show, we comment. I don't think anyone has a problem with Cheapy or Wombat's choice. All in all, regardless arguing over consoles in my opinion is part of the show, I enjoy it, Cheapy enjoys it. So step off your high horse, and let people enjoy the show the way they want to. If I (or other Sony fans, or Nintendo fans, or Neo Geo, or Dreamcast fans want to heckle Cheapy a little, then its no big deal... makes for a better fake internet radio show." You're the only one making it life or death deal, when its not. In the beginning of the show, first thing Wombat says is "I'm going to NOT say anything controversial" and Cheapy says something to the effect of "that would make for a boring show" --- He's right it would... after all the trash that Cheapy and Wombat have talked about not just about Sony, but Nintendo and Microsoft, they haven't lost not one listener. No one's making death theats, killing themselves, or acting foolishly. No one has even said anything to get banned from the site. Glockglock, take your own advice, does it bother you that much that people criticize Cheapy and/or Wombat after a show? But with that said.. you're of course free to your opinion, but I just wanted to let you know for me.... my comments are all in good fun and its not as serious as you're portraying.

See you next show, cause I figure we'll all be doing this all over again... its just part of the fun, part of the CAG community.

Well I'm not trying to get on a high horse on this one. If people aren't that mad as you say they are then that's fine, possibly I misinterpreted what Orko and H.Cornerstone posted before in response to my comments. I just think it is funny when people make a big deal about something on the show, especially the console war. Like you said, I listen to the show and enjoy it the way I want to. If others want to get fired up about it, then they are free to do that, it just makes me laugh. I seriously do not believe anyone is taking this show as a life or death manner, it was just funny that we started talking about the inflection in Cheapy's voice, etc.

As for taking my own advice, my comments are all in fun as well. I really could care less what is said on the show or who posts what afterwards. I don't care who likes/dislikes/criticizes/praises any of the following: Cheapy/Wombat/the 360/the PS3/Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft/et al. I was just adding my comments to the discussion.

I thought we were all having a fun discussion here, I don't think anyone is taking offense to anything I have posted and I don't take offense in anything I've read here. We are all CAG brothers here, right? ;) :grouphug: 8-)

That said, like Thomas96, catch everyone next Monday for CAGCast 139er. :applause:

Hail to Pitt!

#95 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:13 AM

Well I'm not trying to get on a high horse on this one. If people aren't that mad as you say they are then that's fine, possibly I misinterpreted what Orko and H.Cornerstone posted before in response to my comments. I just think it is funny when people make a big deal about something on the show, especially the console war. Like you said, I listen to the show and enjoy it the way I want to. If others want to get fired up about it, then they are free to do that, it just makes me laugh. I seriously do not believe anyone is taking this show as a life or death manner, it was just funny that we started talking about the inflection in Cheapy's voice, etc.

As for taking my own advice, my comments are all in fun as well. I really could care less what is said on the show or who posts what afterwards. I don't care who likes/dislikes/criticizes/praises any of the following: Cheapy/Wombat/the 360/the PS3/Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft/et al. I was just adding my comments to the discussion.

I thought we were all having a fun discussion here, I don't think anyone is taking offense to anything I have posted and I don't take offense in anything I've read here. We are all CAG brothers here, right? ;) :grouphug: 8-)

That said, like Thomas96, catch everyone next Monday for CAGCast 139er. :applause:

I wasn't mad, just giving feedback, and explaining why some people may be upset.

#96 xraytd

xraytd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

Wombat is loving Fable2 so much, I wonder what his reaction will be regarding the ending of the main quest. Personally, I thought it was pretty lame.

#97 DiverseBeats

DiverseBeats

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

Saints row 2 is honestly the most fun game i have played in 5 years or so.. nothing is boring in the game..i already beat it, and i still find myself playing it single player.

#98 panurge

panurge

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:31 PM

I must say I have a new found respect for Wombat growing a pair, and actually lashing out on Cheapy. Wombat calling out Cheapy on his lack of blogging was on the money. I mean come on, Cheapy, the site practically runs itslef. Would it kill you to have at least one or two good post a day. You freaking live in Japan, home to Sony and Nintendo, there's got to be some news worthy material, that doesnt involve some school girl panty shots or your latest adventure on the shit bowl.

Thanks,
evangelion17

NO WAI! DO NOT WANT! We can get that game crap anywhere. Cheapy's talent is as a raconteur. The best and truly memorable moments in the CAGCast have been only tangentially or non game related. Remember the story about the pizza guy who got drunk and then ran out of chez Cheapy nude? That was podcasting gold.

I think the whole podcast would be better if it were about taking a shit, looking at schoolgirl panties and such non-game anecdotes.

#99 crazytalkx

crazytalkx

Posted 03 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

Zomg, New Cagcast?! When!?

#100 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

Haha FriskyTanuki, that's awesome.
Posted Image

#101 Ex~

Ex~

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

Regarding E3 coverage:

Cheapy, I HATE game previews. You have your own tastes and I rarely agree with you or any other reviewer. Game previews suck. I don't want to hear your opinions about some demo you played.

What I WANT to hear from E3 coverage, is the INTERVIEWS. So record the fucking interviews, man! I would have LOVED to have a bunch of E3 interviews last year (or this coming year).

Hell, try your hand at clipping together some audio. Or don't, just upload it raw, whatever the Fuck, I don't care.

Seriously, the last thing I want are game previews. Give me those interviews!

#102 jondy1703

jondy1703

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:05 AM

Cheapy, I really like you, and I appreciate you as a person, but I agree with Wombat.

You're an extremely lazy person.

I understand though, I'm pretty damn lazy myself.

#103 liquidcross

liquidcross

Text and Violence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:44 PM

I wasn't mad, just giving feedback, and explaining why some people may be upset.

It should also be pointed out that while Cheapy is certainly entitled to his opinion, including the all-too-common PS3-bashing, he also has claimed on numerous occasions that he's not biased. That's what likely annoys listeners, since it's clearly untrue.

#104 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:46 AM

It's kind of hard to get excited over the PS3 when the 360 offers so much more. That said, that doesn't imply bias at all.

#105 MaxDense

MaxDense

Enter Sandman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:13 AM

Enough already!

I'll tell you what gets old: the same crybabies whining about PS3 bashing after EVERY show. I'm really sick of reading those posts. Nobody cares...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#106 DaftPunkFan37

DaftPunkFan37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:21 AM

Enough already!

I'll tell you what gets old: the same crybabies whining about PS3 bashing after EVERY show. I'm really sick of reading those posts. Nobody cares...

Ya, especially with the large amount of Nintendo hate Cheapy and Wombat have spread as of late
the mau5 sounds like thisssssssss
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image