Newegg < $15 Raiden Fighter Aces (360) $14.99, Bionic Commando (360) $7.99

• Please log in to reply
3068 replies to this topic

#3061 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Any opinions on Sega Rally Revo? If it is basically an HD version of Sega Rally on Dreamcast, I'd think it's worth $10.

Really disappointing, coming from a hardcore Sega Rally fan from the Saturn. I thought the DC version was inferior (mostly due to the fluctuating framerate) but the PC Sega Rally 2 was amazing as long as your PC could handle it at 60fps (which pretty much everything can now). Revo just controls like you're driving on ice the whole time. I know it's supposed to be slippery but it's WAY overdone in this game.

It's a very pretty game and some swear the controls are no different than they've ever been, but it just feels entirely wrong to me and really disappointing overall.

#3062 yuugotserved

yuugotserved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

50 Cent: Blood in the Sand (PS3) is back down for $9.99

#3063 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:20 AM

hey guys cheapy asked me to make a new thread. here it is:

http://www.cheapassg...d.php?p=6972831
Posted Image

#3064 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:55 PM

Finally got around to trying the sega rally revo demo, LOVE it, go to newegg and its back to fucking 20 dollars. Lame.

#3065 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

I've been playing Alien Syndrome on the PSP the last few days. Someone on here recommended it to me, said it's actually like say Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance/Champions of Norath (the Snowblind games)-and that's dead on.

I don't think it was advertised very well, since I didn't really know what it was-thought it was just some boring shooter, when really it's an action RPG. I'm playing the 'seal' class that starts with and has specs initially skewed towards energy weapons. Not sure how it would play with a different class, as the energy weapons are the only ranged weapons that don't need ammo-they just feed off your constantly recharging energy bar (which I've augmented to charge much faster). The amount of STUFF coming at you in this, I'm not sure how it would play with limited ammo, probably having to switch to melee.

At any rate, well worth checking out if you want a portable game and/or like a solid action RPG along the lines of Dark Alliance. Can't go wrong for $5!
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#3066 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

I've been playing Alien Syndrome on the PSP the last few days. Someone on here recommended it to me, said it's actually like say Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance/Champions of Norath (the Snowblind games)-and that's dead on.

I don't think it was advertised very well, since I didn't really know what it was-thought it was just some boring shooter, when really it's an action RPG. I'm playing the 'seal' class that starts with and has specs initially skewed towards energy weapons. Not sure how it would play with a different class, as the energy weapons are the only ranged weapons that don't need ammo-they just feed off your constantly recharging energy bar (which I've augmented to charge much faster). The amount of STUFF coming at you in this, I'm not sure how it would play with limited ammo, probably having to switch to melee.

At any rate, well worth checking out if you want a portable game and/or like a solid action RPG along the lines of Dark Alliance. Can't go wrong for $5!

Thanks for the impressions! This game just became a heck of a lot more interesting to me :)

#3067 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

Thanks for the recommendation on Alien Syndrome -- I had just skipped over it assuming it would be a lame shooter too. But for $4.99, why not?

#3068 mr_bungle

mr_bungle

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

Geez these games shot up in price. Any idea what happened?
Posted Image

#3069 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

Geez these games shot up in price. Any idea what happened?

You're posting in the "old" newegg thread. Almost all of their games that sell for a "low" price, then sell out, come back in stock at a much higher price.