12 month - $149.95 • Save 20%

2 games at a time

1 month - $22.95
2 month - $42.95 • Save 5%
3 month - $61.95 • Save 10%
6 month - $116.95 • Save 15%
12 month - $219.95 • Save 20%

3 months at 2 at a time + add 7 a month for 3at a time

61.95 + 21.00 = 81.95 + tax = 87.68 compair to $73.67 almost a 14 buck jump from this summer

I think the 3 month thing was just a 1 time deal so they didn't lose customers over the summer lull. Lot's of CAGs were reporting difficulty getting new releases. The fact that this is available now makes the deal interesting, and regardless it's better than paying full price.

I looked through my billing history and for the summer offer I paid 43.05/3 months for 1 game out. So $14.35/month. If you prepaid for a year it would be $12.50/month for 1 game out. For whatever reason I don't pay tax on my membership or it's included.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dubbfoolio']I think the 3 month thing was just a 1 time deal so they didn't lose customers over the summer lull. Lot's of CAGs were reporting difficulty getting new releases. The fact that this is available now makes the deal interesting, and regardless it's better than paying full price.

I looked through my billing history and for the summer offer I paid 43.05/3 months for 1 game out. So $14.35/month. If you prepaid for a year it would be $12.50/month for 1 game out. For whatever reason I don't pay tax on my membership or it's included.[/QUOTE]

just too bad Credit card only. I got like 350 bucks credit there... So either way im payed though Feb 2010 LOL

I would jump on this but I can't justify spending that much money on myself when Christmas is just around the corner. But that didn't stop me from sending out invites to a number of people I know to give them a holiday hint.

little news but just heard that Gamefly will no longer give anything if the game takes longer then 7 days to get to you

ususally they are more then happy to credit you 5 gamefly bucks if the game takes more then 7 days to get to you but it seems gamefly is losing to much cash and has stopped it

Thanks OP for the reminder and thanks Slide for the math. This will save me $55 from what I'm paying now. I highly recommend this service.

Edit: Merged with older thread, I'm not crazy! :) Don't forget BigCrumbs (possible extra 9% back!!!, link in sig).

Haven't seen this posted yet, but there was a similar deal a while back which I know a lot of people took advantage of (me included).

Gamefly is currently offering discounts on gift certificates for membership. Discounts start at 5% (2-month certificate) and go up to 20% off (12-month certificate).

For example, you could buy a 12-month certificate for their 2-game plan for $219.95 + tax. This comes out to about $18/month, which saves me about $60 over the regular subscription fees. If you're like me and have had a subscription for a long time (and plan to keep it), you may as well save yourself some money. The last time a deal like this came around (well over a year ago), there were no certificates involved and you could just pre-pay your subscription and get the savings.

Edit: I've confirmed that this works with existing memberships (tried it myself). Knock yourselves out Gamefly subscribers :)

http://www.gamefly.com/giftcert/giftbuy.asp

Yep, just did it myself with a 12-month certificate. I went to "My Account" and clicked "Redeem a Gift Certificate". At first, it said there was already an account with my email address (as if it was trying to create a new subscription) and prompted me with a login box. However, I logged in and it said the gift certificate was redeemed. Next billing date... January of 2010 :)

I'm glad I saw this... My previous pre-paid year had run out and I even emailed them to see if they would allow me to pre-pay my next year at a discount (they wouldn't). Was considering cancelling my subscription to save a little money, but for $18/mo and 2 games out at a time, I think it's worth keeping. Sure wish BrightSpot was still around, though :)

GameFly rewards are pretty decent. Every three months, you get a $5 coupon to use towards used games. After six months, you get 5% off used games for the duration of your subscription. After a year, you get 10% off used games.

[quote name='whitereflection']Is the service uninterrupted? For example, if I want to buy 12 months but don't want to subscribe every month, can I use them later?

Also, what are the member rewards (http://www.gamefly.com/member/rewards.asp)? I tried to view it in two different browsers and the page is blank, though that might be because I'm currently not subscribed.[/quote]

Pretty sure it has to be used consecutively... and yes, the rewards are pretty decent, especially when you stack them with some of the great deals they offer on occassion (ie: Use 10% off an a $5 coupon on one of these $9.99 games they have right now to get it for about $4 shipped). Or, rent the latest and greatest must have game and choose to "Keep It", using the discounts to get it well over 30-35% off retail price.

There's no limit on how often you can use the 5% or 10% off, it's always active and they even reflect the discount in the prices you see in the store and also in Keep It prices. Personally, I like to rent brand new games that have just been released and keep them right away if I determine that the game is worth it. Almost always save at least $15 off the retail price and the game is brand new if you're the first person renting it. So, regardless of what deals are available on new games, you can always count on being able to get one at a decent price.

Thanks OP. I am existing suscriber and 20% off makes their prices reasonable now. It worked just like you said next bill date 12/09

Yeah, if you're lucky enough to get GF to send you a brand-new title, stacking their already low price with your rewards, especially if you have a $5 coupon lying around, is a great deal.

If I were to get a membership for 12 months of 1-out, would there be any way to upgrade and pay the additional amount every month if I wanted to? I know Netflix allows you to do this, but I am not sure how or if it would work with Gamefly.

is this the only time of the year gamefly does this type of thing, or could I expect to see something similar to this again in a few months? I have too many games to play right now that I want to finish but afterwards I wouldn't mind doing it.

Can I use a Gamefly free 30 day trial and then use the Gift Cetificate to do a 12 month subscription? So 13 months of Gamefly for cheap!

[quote name='kidrocklive']is this the only time of the year gamefly does this type of thing, or could I expect to see something similar to this again in a few months? I have too many games to play right now that I want to finish but afterwards I wouldn't mind doing it.[/quote]

They had this deal in June of 2007 and that's the last time I recall seeing anything like this. I went back and checked my billing records and it looks like it was also 20% off if you pre-paid one year in advance. Based on that time frame, it may be unlikely that they'll have anything like this again soon.

Also, sorry about the repost, I hadn't seen this yet and a search did not return the previous thread (in fact, it returned a ton of irrelevant stuff, I guess Advanced Search was the way to go :D).

Someone in the old thread mentioned this, and I wish I had seen it.... You can get 9% back using BigCrumbs. I don't know for certain that it works with gift certificate purchases, but at least worth a try. Looks like it can be used with game purchases as well... I'm going to have to remember that in the future to cancel out the tax! I've bought so many games from them and have never used it... doh!

Edit: Okay, we're merged, old thread and new are now one in the same (for any newcomers confused by the strange shift in discussion ;)

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Edit: Merged with older thread, I'm not crazy! :) Don't forget BigCrumbs (possible extra 9% back!!!, link in sig).

[/quote]

nice. how does this work? is it like live cashback? is there a chance you don't get the 9%?

EDIT: Seems like there's a signup fee part of which Tomeeboy receives. Not a fan of referral internet pyramid schemes.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']nice. how does this work? is it like live cashback? is there a chance you don't get the 9%?

EDIT: Seems like there's a signup fee part of which Tomeeboy receives. Not a fan of referral internet pyramid schemes.[/quote]

Yes, it's like Live Cashback. I use it WITH Live Cashback on Ebay because they stack. It's a nice little bonus when you're buying something for $500 and get 25-35% cash back, THEN get another $11-12 back from BigCrumbs.

As for the 'signup fee', there isn't one... Not sure where you're seeing that. The service is free and it's not some pyramid scheme. You can refer friends or enter someones name as your referer when you sign up. You don't have to sign up under me, it's just in my sig. In fact, you should probably sign up under the guy that originally posted the reminder to use BigCrumbs. Either way, BigCrumbs FORCES you to enter somebody's name in the referer field. If you don't, they just randomly pick one of their members (who did absolutely nothing to refer you) and make them your referer, whether you like it or not. So, you can give credit to a fellow CAG, or let BigCrumbs pick some totally random person who could care less if you save any money :)

The service is legit, though... people on Ebay have been using it for a while now. I've received about $60 back myself, just from stacking it with all of these Live Cashback deals. I wish I had known it worked with Gamefly as well. Oh, the money I've lost...

Okay, so this DOES work with your existing account even if you redeem the code from the account that bought it? Mine's inactive right now but I have one (too many games I own).

So, how soon do you have to redeem the code after you get it? I mean I have probably 20 games in my backlog, so it's going to be ages before I need to rent. Can I safely buy this for myself, and just hold on to it for (at least) months?

[quote name='Wolfpup']Okay, so this DOES work with your existing account even if you redeem the code from the account that bought it? Mine's inactive right now but I have one (too many games I own).

So, how soon do you have to redeem the code after you get it? I mean I have probably 20 games in my backlog, so it's going to be ages before I need to rent. Can I safely buy this for myself, and just hold on to it for (at least) months?[/quote]

Correct. I just sent it to "me" from "me" and used it as soon as the email arrived. I looked back through the gift certificate email and I can't find ANY mention of an expiration date, so I'm assuming you could wait a while before using it. If you're thinking of waiting real long, though, you might want to contact Gamefly support just to be safe.

Yeah...honestly it would probably be this summer before I get to it at the earliest. It's all this site's fault :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah...honestly it would probably be this summer before I get to it at the earliest. It's all this site's fault :lol:[/quote]

Yeah, I already had games still in the packaging and just picked up a half-dozen more in the last month... ugh :)

[quote name='Tomeeboy'] Sure wish BrightSpot was still around, though :)[/quote]

Ditto. I don't remember how much credit I got from Brightspot, but it was over $100 :cool:.

I'm still kicking myself for not having joined Bigcrumbs earlier. I think I saw their banner about a year agi in FatWallet or a similar website, but I was skeptic about it.

I wish Bigcrumbs is gonna arrange a deal with Amazon soon, because lately that's been my main online retailer :).

bread's done
Back