Space Invaders Extreme (PSP/DS), Exit (DS), Legend of Kage 2 (DS) $10 and more at GS

Damn! I was just there today trading in a game. Going to have to go back tomorrow and pick this baby up.

Great deal. Thanks OP!

Super Stardust portable is much better for the same price... I just don't have time to play all these games Or I'd pick this up too. Definitely a good game however.

[quote name='jdeluis']Damn! I was just there today trading in a game. Going to have to go back tomorrow and pick this baby up.

Great deal. Thanks OP![/quote]

Let me guess...Soul Bubbles?

Thanks for the info. Anyone remember what the free GS shipping code is?

Edit: SAVER for orders over $25

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='briandadude']Let me guess...Soul Bubbles?[/quote]

No. Rock Band Track Pack Vol.2 for Xbox 360. Already used the code to download the songs. Got $10.80 with edge and coupon.

Didn't get on the soul bubbles deal. I would have just kept soul bubbles. Looks pretty fun. :D

The music on the DS version is a lot better than the PSP one. Check these out:

EDIT - Changed the PSP video to the demo one, which is the actual first stage. Music might not be exactly what I think it is.

PSP Version of Stage 1 (Invade You -Original-): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZZNL9-RyXw

DS Version of Stage 1 (Invade You -Remix-): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK18fO1bl1I&feature=related

Both songs appear on the Space Invaders Extreme Audio Cluster soundtrack for the game, but I prefer the DS tracks.

Paddle controller support is what really sold me for the DS version. Notice the twitchy-ness of the guy playing on the DS? Even without the paddle, you can do that. But with the paddle...that's cake. You can get it from NCSX. Pricey, but well worth it for this game.

Since this game came out, I've probably sunk 150 hours into it. I just...don't stop playing it. And the soundtrack? Some days I have it on repeat. I'm returning half the gifts I bought and replacing them with the DS one. Thanks to everyone that posted!

Last edited by a moderator:
I demand Amazon to match this!!! I have two movies in the cart and I want to pick up a game before I check out.. Santa!!! make that happen please!!!

[quote name='somenoob']Looks like the DS version is $9.99 now as well.[/quote]

I'm not seeing the DS version on gamestop.com or ebgames.com - I'm guessing it's sold now now...

Went in looking for this tody after work. Local GS tried to pull the ol' "this gutted copy is still new" trick but I told him forget it. Been wanting this for a while but I refuse to get a gutted copy and pay as new, I know its not a big difference in price but its the principalities! I'll just wait till i find a new sealed copy at a random GS.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Bought it back when it was $20 and it was worth every penny.[/quote]

Yup, I did this with the PSP version; and I hear the DS version has true online play... ...perhaps another pickup?

Kage 2 is a great game for $10. I paid $20 and felt it was worth it.

Not the most complex thing ever, but simple ninja fun.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Exit DS got some bad reviews. Worth it at this price?[/QUOTE]

Awesome game but I would pass on the DS version. The reviews don't lie, the controls are cumbersome. If you have a PSP or a 360, I would get it there

[quote name='fart_bubble']Awesome game but I would pass on the DS version. The reviews don't lie, the controls are cumbersome. If you have a PSP or a 360, I would get it there[/QUOTE]

Now, see, I reviewed it (for Play), and what I found was that while the standard controls did feel rather hard to get used to, going stylus control actually worked far better than I had expected. Stylus control allows you to "buffer" certain things that otherwise are all single commands. (Such as walk up to an item, climb up on it, then climb down the other side. If I remember correctly, simply by touching on the proper place Mr. Esc would do all of that automatically.) Still had some issues with the game, but really, I don't think the control "problem" was nearly as bad as many have said.

Also, I'd put in another recommendation for Kage 2, at least if you're into old school action games (or grew up during the era of stuff like Ninja Gaiden on NES or Ninja Spirit on T16).

Sweet, seems some store around my area have the DS version in stock! Defently hope they still have it friday. Which I am sure they will. If it was one of the store that still had Digital Devil Saga collectors edition BEFORE the whole reprint thing 2 years after the game came out (and was selling at 150 in ebay) they are bound to have it in stock xP (that place is a gold mind for rare games)

Anyone tried Kage 2? Or Exit DS? I read the reviews for Exit DS linked at Metacritic and it didn't seem like it was as well liked as the original PSP version.

Thanks...I picked up Space Invaders (PSP) at my local store this morning. I thought about getting the DS one. But I need games to play on my PSP.

Ordered Kage 2 and the PSP version of Space Invaders Extreme. Bummed that the DS version is gone, gonna see if I can try to get it at B&M stores tonight.

Just picked Legend of Kage 2 and Space Invaders Extreme on DS both for $21.62 after taxes :) I pass on EXIT cos mine PSP version is superior compare to DS version. Also, lot new DS games drop down $20 at my local GS.

Argh, I had to bite. I had close to $5 in store credit, so I got Legend of Kage 2 and Space Invaders Extreme PSP for just over $16 with tax. I actually already have SIE for the DS, but the game is so great that I had to have both versions :D

[quote name='icarusmight']Went in looking for this tody after work. Local GS tried to pull the ol' "this gutted copy is still new" trick but I told him forget it. Been wanting this for a while but I refuse to get a gutted copy and pay as new, I know its not a big difference in price but its the principalities! I'll just wait till i find a new sealed copy at a random GS.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing, and luckily i had an extra PSP case handy, i couldn't get the stickers off. I hate when they do this. bastards...

In for Legend of Kage 2, Exit DS, and threw in a Commando Steel Disaster in there for free shipping. I'll try to pick up a sealed Space Invaders Extreme DS at a B&M location.

I went to both GS stores here in town today to get Space Invaders, but each just had the gutted copy left. I don't want the game badly enough to buy an opened copy as new, so I passed. If they were selling an A-List game for $9.99 new then I would go for it, but not this one.

Chris

Picked up Kage 2, still sealed at local GS... wanted the SIE DS too but it was gutted... I'll probably pick it up used next coupon... if it is still $7.99.

[quote name='Jibbajaba']I went to both GS stores here in town today to get Space Invaders, but each just had the gutted copy left. I don't want the game badly enough to buy an opened copy as new, so I passed. If they were selling an A-List game for $9.99 new then I would go for it, but not this one.

Chris[/QUOTE]

This game is A-List game, it's awesome. I did have to buy a gutted copy but since it was only 9 dollars and I was going to open it as soon as I got it anyway I didn't care. I would never buy a gutted copy if it was a game that cost more than 10 bucks though. I still remember buying what I thought was a sealed copy of Soul Caliber for Dreamcast from ebgames when it first came out and there were cookie crumbs inside the case!

I just saw the Harvey Birdman for PSP for $12-$13 when I went to GS to get Space Invaders... (Thanks OP)

Now which version of Harvey Birdman is the best? If anyone knows... Loved the show immensely

Got a gutted copy of LOK 2, great title thanks OP.

BTW, who really cares if it's been opened really, it's a DS cartridge, it's not going to get damaged. I understand if it's a disc, but even then, unless you are planning your retirement around an unopened game, aren't you people eventually, you know going to actually open it and play the damn thing? That's what games are for right? And it's a measly $10! That's cheap, you can always resell it and make your money back if you don't like it.

For those of you that missed Space Invaders EX, it's a blast! Contemplating throwing down the extra $ for that import paddle controller too.

bread's done
Back