The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

• Please log in to reply
4746 replies to this topic

#31 xsouthparkx

xsouthparkx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

Huh, I've never heard of this. I used to work at Best Buy, but not anymore. What with the economy and all. :(

But I just whore myself on the corner of my block nowadays. Surprisingly, I do pretty well. I let people snort coke out of my ass...

What should we care to know of what is going on in that great insane asylum called "the world" ?

-Franz Hartmann

#32 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:47 PM

Ahhh, and in typical Sony fashion its delayed until May.... Ohh well. Not like they had anything good on there anyways. :)

#33 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

Cant wait for the relaunch, this thread reminded me about it, now i have to wait another month though. :(

#34 Likewise

Likewise

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:15 PM

Man I was so excited for the new launch of RLS. I go to the site May 1st and nothing. I've since checked it daily with no success. To be fair it is now only the 6th but we've already been delayed long enough. Suppose it's back to Microsoft's Expert Zone.

I just hope they don't do the whole "leveling up" aspect that ExpertZone has.

#35 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

Yeah, I've been checking daily as well with no luck. Still says We'll be back in May. :cry:
Posted Image

#36 Likewise

Likewise

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:25 PM

And it now shows "We will be back in June 2009!"

Come on Sony, I can only keep my retail loyalty up for so long.

#37 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

lol, I didn't even notice that.
Posted Image

#38 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:16 AM

According to an email they are re-launching the 2nd of June. They really need to have new games like Killzone up and stocked bigtime. At least the new EA site for BBY employees has been keeping me busy in the downtime. If you work at BBY and want info on the EA site shoot me a PM, I will be happy to refer you ;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#39 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:55 AM

hopefully when it relaunchs good stuff is on their considering you pay $10 per item now unless they change that.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#40 Likewise

Likewise

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

Yea I just got that email too. For anyone who hasn't gotten the email, this is what it said:

"The Retail Loyalty Site is an all inclusive interactive e-training site that recognizes and rewards PlayStation's loyal retail gamers. Belonging to this subculture increases brand loyalty resulting in increased sales of PlayStation products. The RLS program allows you to earn while you learn.
The Retail Loyalty Site team is excited to introduce you to the new RLS site. Check out the new site and you'll get 2,000 bonus points the first time you sign in.
Launch Date: June 2nd, 2009.
www.rls.us.playstation.com
Enhancements include:
In-depth modules that delve deeper into the PlayStation product
Selling tips to customer demographics to increase your sales
"Talk to Us!" polls that allow you to provide immediate feedback on current topics
Software catalog with a deeper inventory
Resource library that gives you access to key components of the product
Current Announcements with up to date game information
Integration with the Single Sign On process with the PlayStation®Network
Auctions – coming soon!
Interactive Flash Courses – coming soon!
We look forward to your feedback on the new site.
If you have any questions, please contact us at:
Retail_loyalty_Site@playstation.sony.com "

I'm interested in seeing what they could possibly be doing with auctions. I can't wait because the rls site is how I got most of my PS3 games, lol.

#41 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:25 AM

The new site is up and running. Looks nice - pretty much a flashed out version of the old site. Looks like you have a time limit on the learnings - have not taken one yet but it looks like you do. I do not see the forums they were talking about. The daily quiz is gone and there is nothing in the rewards section. But I did get my 2,000 bonus points for signing in.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#42 Viperx116

Viperx116

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:23 AM

"The new Rewards catalog is scheduled to launch in July 2009."

Dammit!

#43 limelight022

limelight022

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

If youre taking a quiz and miss one question, you have to retake the entire quiz over again. No longer will they let you just go back through to the ones you missed and be done. Damn.

#44 js1

js1

Badassfully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:00 PM

It's weird, on the old site the store I work for was not part of the program. On the new site it let me sign in and it gave me 2000 points, but it says status:not verified and store: error portal. So I wonder if I can even use the site?

Gamertags:

PSN: Ghost_Face_36

XBL:  Gh0st Face 36

Twitch: 

Spoiler

#45 Likewise

Likewise

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

No prizes until July 2009. That sucks, at least when I logged in, my points carried over to the new site and I'm still verified. So I have to wait to drop my 9000+ points.

The auction sounds like it's gonna be awesome. Quarterly auctions for unique items! Now I have to decide if I want to go after all of the games again or try and win these unique items.

#46 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

Looking thru the FAQ I found this:

How many Training Modules can I take per day?
Unlimited.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#47 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

Noticed a blurb on there that they plan to reverify all accounts every 6 months. Sounds good to me. Get rid of all the non-eligible people that sneak their way on there. OTOH, it's going to be a pain resubmitting paystubs everytime they want to see if I'm still employed.
Posted Image

#48 Likewise

Likewise

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:43 PM

Just by going through the training modules, I'm hoping for some of the new game rewards to be Killzone 2, MLB The Show 09, Little Big Planet, and maybe even Infamous.

#49 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:05 AM

Just by going through the training modules, I'm hoping for some of the new game rewards to be Killzone 2, MLB The Show 09, Little Big Planet, and maybe even Infamous.

I would be shocked if LBP was not on it at the reward relaunch. Its been out a good amount of time now and really should be up. For the other games - I hope they add them faster now. I want to see Killzone and Motorstorm up - heck even inFAMOUS should be up. It would be nice if we could get the games when they are new and people are asking about them - I think it would help us sell them better :) I know on the old site they added some PSP games up really quick for some strange reason towards the end of the old site.

And systems REALLY need to be up as a reward. I got over 10k points burning a hole in my pocket.

Oh, did anybody else win the contest on the old site just before it closed? It was you took a training on some games and had the chance to win them. I won MLB09 and Locoroco 2. There was one other game up on the contest, but I forgot what it was. I got the games inthe mail about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#50 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

i won locoroco 2

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#51 Likewise

Likewise

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:07 PM

Well, I've finished all of the modules. Now I guess I have to wait until next month. Hopefully the reward lineup won't be disappointing.

#52 Likewise

Likewise

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:07 AM

Sweet! Just so you guys know, they added more modules to the site.

#53 djshot

djshot

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

I feel as though Sony drops the ball every time they announce a date for anything. The new "auctions" were suppose to be up on Tuesday at 10am -- and it is now Wednesday and nothing. I can only keep raising my points so high that I won't even care anymore.

Back to getting stuff from the MS site instead -- they need new stuff on there rewards board other than t-shirts lol:bouncy:
Posted Image

#54 fuss

fuss

Insert Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

What do you think about the auctions? I persoanlly think they are a rip-off. Normal stuff they had up before like a DS3 is going for a crazy amout of points.

What I think sucks is that if you want a DS3, Blu-ray remote, etc this is the only way for you to get them - when the rewards go up it will only be games... nothing else. I am happy I got all my DS3s before the old site went down.....

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#55 Warner1281

Warner1281

Pissing off customers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:30 PM

What do you think about the auctions? I persoanlly think they are a rip-off. Normal stuff they had up before like a DS3 is going for a crazy amout of points.

What I think sucks is that if you want a DS3, Blu-ray remote, etc this is the only way for you to get them - when the rewards go up it will only be games... nothing else. I am happy I got all my DS3s before the old site went down.....

I think things are going for inflated amounts of points because people have nothing else to spend the points on at the moment. Once the games go up, things should (hopefully) level out.
Posted Image

#56 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:56 PM

Ohh have to have the wife sign up for this..
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#57 reiji

reiji

wired to the core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:09 AM

I'm a bit pissed about this! During the 5 years that I worked at Blockbuster, I was never eligible for this. Now that I quit working there, Blockbuster becomes an eligible retailer... :bomb:

#58 Viperx116

Viperx116

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

Well it's the 13th and still no launch.

#59 New Breed

New Breed

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

i wish i could say i was surprised by the non-launch but rls is making a habit of putting up false dates.

#60 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

it will be the 14th and it will still say its launching on the 13th

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif