CAGcast #147: The Airing of the Grievances

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#181 tridotslash

tridotslash

Duffman Can't Breath!OHNO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:48 AM

I just saw that ad for sony, WHAT THE F*CK ARE THEY THINKING SON!!!?? Dude who the f*ck is in charge of there ads? They need to be taken out back and have there nuts shattered to prevent them from having offspring. They don't wanna advertise Killzone 2 but they spend dollars on this shit, i dunno anymore man.

yeah it freaked me out too.....

IN OTHER NEWS , great Podcast guys!

#182 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:12 PM

I just saw that ad for sony, WHAT THE F*CK ARE THEY THINKING SON!!!?? Dude who the f*ck is in charge of there ads? They need to be taken out back and have there nuts shattered to prevent them from having offspring. They don't wanna advertise Killzone 2 but they spend dollars on this shit, i dunno anymore man.

The ad ran at launch and they have since fired the company that made it. It has nothing to do with anything they've done in the last two years, which of course includes Killzone 2.

Sony just posted their results for Q4 for the Playstation division and they only made $4.42 million dollars. Run a couple of extra Killzone 2 ads and that goes negative. I don't think people realize how bad things are for Sony right now. This isn't a little problem. It's a huge fucking problem. And a price drop isn't the answer. By my estimation they would have lost $500-$700 million in the quarter if they had dropped the price $100. Even without a price drop driving extra consoles doesn't help them now because the cost is so high.

They may chase after Killzone 2 later, but they simply can't afford to do it right now. If it sells close to expectations and the reviews stay high it is possible that they will get some additional marketing dollars, but the purse strings will be extremely tight until Sony starts to show positive results from it's restructuring.
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#183 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

I don't understand the POINT of advertising a game well before a month before it comes out? I say 3weeks to until it comes out is the best time to advertise.

In fact, its better if 2 weeks before a game comes out, they start. They've already stated on the PS blog they will have a huge ad campaign for this.

Also, the digital game distribution has happened! It's just happened on the PC first, any game you want you can get digitally and legally in some form online even if Steam doesn't have it, theres impulse, theres direct2drive, etc.

Sony isnt stupid, they know killzone 2 is a huge game for them, and they will advertise. Stop saying they dont know/care about their market, they do. In fact, the people that make the games and the people that write on the blog/work for sony always reply to people's comments. PS home is getting improved because of suggestions on their forums.

I don't know what else i wanted to say but the fact you completely disregarded Steam and the PC basically is annoying.
Oh wait, i remember, i wanted to say how digital movie distribution wont ever overtake the dvd/blu-ray market, i think there will be a nice co-existence, with the disc market having 99 percent share and the other part buying movies thru xbox live,psn, amazon, etc.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#184 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:25 AM

Anyone have a link on the Inspector Gadget/Milkshake remix?

#185 jtallday

jtallday

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

dont trust this guy scavenger4 i meesaged him on ebay to let him know some heroclix he had listed as chase were not actually chase at all and instead of correcting his mistakes he blocked me. most people thank me so they dont take advantage of someone who didnt know better but this guy obviously doesnt care