Perfect Dark Zero (360) Collector's Edition $13.28 @ Amazon

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
the regular edition is available for $9.99 shipped at Newegg but some people may prefer this edition:

The Limited Collector's Edition of Perfect Dark Zero is presented in a colorfully-embossed metal collector's case with a protective cover. Includes full version of the game, a bonus DVD (The Art of Perfect Dark Zero video feature, Kepi & Kat music track from the game, Perfect Dark Zero Gamer Tiles to customize your identity on Xbox Live, Perfect Dark Zero Heads-Up Display (HUD) UI Skin to customize your Xbox 360 experience, and the first chapter from the new novel, Perfect Dark: Initial Vector), plus the Perfect Dark Zero special edition comic booklet, Hong Kong Sunrise, a collectible Perfect Dark Zero Glyph Card, and a Game Manual
Link

Nice. I've been looking for this for a while. My local BB used to have it for $20, but I never got around to grabbing one.

If you can still find this at toys r us, it goes for about $5.00, its the collectors edition too. Still a good deal on amazon, the multiplayer is awesome.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Normally I'd bite but I've had enough console shooters for this quarter.[/quote]

true. i got this game when it first game out.

shouldve waited, but oh well.

[quote name='theking20']the multiplayer is awesome.[/quote]

How can you tell? No one plays this game on Live. Bought this game few months back at Fry's for $8 but have not found one single multiplayer session. I gave up after few days of trying.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']How can you tell? No one plays this game on Live. Bought this game few months back at Fry's for $8 but have not found one single multiplayer session. I gave up after few days of trying.[/quote]

Gross exaggeration....the last few months my friends and I have played this...still a number of players that play and it still has a pretty good community...plus bots and 32 player support...very solid multiplayer!

If you want a used CE version, I'm willing to drop mine cheap. The slipcase is cracked, but the steelbook and contents are mint and complete - comic, glyph, everything. Ask if you want a picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Demise_Angel']This is a terrible game, online is a little fun counter strike style, but there are sooo many better games for 360...please avoid[/quote]

+1 to that. This is an awful, awful game... one of the most disappointing I've ever played. No matter how cheap it is, please don't fall for it, people!

Single player is pretty poor, but I had a good time with multiplayer. Of course, that was summer of '06 when pickings were pretty slim on the 360.

It's just one of those games that was great at the time and hasn't aged well. Halo 3, Gears 1 and 2, Call of Duty and Battlefield all blow it out of the water. Normally I'd say single player is worth it for that price, but the story was just insultingly bad compared to the first Perfect Dark. I can't even recommend this game to big fans at this point in time.

[quote name='kicking222']+1 to that. This is an awful, awful game... one of the most disappointing I've ever played. No matter how cheap it is, please don't fall for it, people![/QUOTE]

I remember playing it on n64 and it oWneD! Whats different now? better graphics?

Nothing beats PDZ for playing with bots or a relaxed game with friends. It's just plain fun. I know many, many people that played hundreds of hours in PDZ and enjoyed every minute of it.

i heard that the single players is actually way better on the harder difficulty....as in better mission design or someting. can anyone confirm this?

I enjoyed this game playing alone. Also, playing against bots are fun and can be challenging. Good game, good price but not really comparable it terms of lasting entertainment to a game like CoD:WaW or something imo.

bought for 5 at toys r us. Have seen at Frys for 8$ repeatedly (with ALOT of copies in stock). Game doesn't seem to be bad... just seems like they over printed it by ALOT (more copies of game than there were consoles originally i think). Yes i'm talking about the Metal-Case version not the regular.

[quote name='wildnuts02']i heard that the single players is actually way better on the harder difficulty....as in better mission design or someting. can anyone confirm this?[/quote]:rofl:

Sorry. This game is to be avoided at all cost, on all difficulties, under all circumstances. Truly. If you were faced with buying and playing PDZ or having Vinnie the Enforcer stop by your place with his baseball bat, you'll want to run from Joanna and welcome Vinnie into your home.

[quote name='wildnuts02']i heard that the single players is actually way better on the harder difficulty....as in better mission design or someting. can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]to answer your question directly, yes, it is better on the harder difficulties. just like the original, with higher levels of difficulty comes more objectives, access to more parts of certain levels, and more challenging enemies. on the harder difficulties, the single player game is definitely a hardcore gamer's kind of game. it expects you to look at what you have and figure things out without a lot of hand-holding.

this is probably where the game loses mass appeal. on the easier settings, it seems too simplistic and standard and on the harder difficulties it requires a lot from the player, perhaps too much for most players. for me, it was the right game at the right time. it's the kind of game that gets better the more you play it because you will keep learning all of the little details that make the game more fun. i think this is why so many people are so negative about it...they probably just sat down, played a few levels on easy or normal and decided it was crap and never touched it again. this is an ideal game for patient gamers willing to throw a lot of time into it.

regarding the multiplayer, it was awesome at the time. it was definitely my favorite online game from launch.

as someone who has played this game a lot on all difficulties and modes, i think it is one of the most under-appreciated games of this console generation. yes, the story/acting is ridiculously terrible, but it is so bad, it's good. it has lines like "i'll never complain about garbage again".

[quote name='jkanownik']Nothing beats PDZ for playing with bots or a relaxed game with friends. It's just plain fun. I know many, many people that played hundreds of hours in PDZ and enjoyed every minute of it.[/quote]
You can put me in this group.

Perfect Dark Zero Metacritic Average: 81(Generally favorable reviews)

The only reason people hate PDZ so much is because it wasn't Goldeneye or the first Perfect Dark gameplay with prettier graphics. The campaign mode wasn't mind-blowingly amazing, but it isn't a 'terrible' game by any means, just underwhelming considering Rare's last two shooters. You can find FAR worse games overall just in this generation alone, never-mind on the N64.

It's a great game at $13. It also has a few free maps on the XBLM that are remakes of some Goldeneye multiplayer maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this game. My phone's ringtone is the main menu. Great splitscreen, great game, great co-op, and good online. Recommended for oldskool gamers.

I liked this game a lot. I bought the CE for $15 a year and a half ago. A lot of fun in multiplayer.

You're not funny when you make unreaslistic negative comments about this game. Did it live up to expectations? No. Is the single player good? No. Are there a lot of people playing this online? No. But it is absolutely ridiculous to tell people to avoid this at all costs for under $15. I've easily played ten FPS's on the 360 that are worse than this game. And unlike those games PDZ doesn't have any gamebreaking elements, it isn't frustrating and it actually has varied environments that aren't completely bare. The multiplayer maps are extremely balanced and varied and there are multiple levels and personalities of bots that can be added to enhance multiplayer when you can't get a lot of people in a game.

[quote name='Demise_Angel']This is a terrible game, online is a little fun counter strike style, but there are sooo many better games for 360...please avoid[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kicking222']+1 to that. This is an awful, awful game... one of the most disappointing I've ever played. No matter how cheap it is, please don't fall for it, people![/QUOTE]

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Single player is pretty poor, but I had a good time with multiplayer. Of course, that was summer of '06 when pickings were pretty slim on the 360.

It's just one of those games that was great at the time and hasn't aged well. Halo 3, Gears 1 and 2, Call of Duty and Battlefield all blow it out of the water. Normally I'd say single player is worth it for that price, but the story was just insultingly bad compared to the first Perfect Dark. I can't even recommend this game to big fans at this point in time.[/QUOTE]

I like the game just fine. It's nothing revolutionary, but I like it more than the Call of Duty series or Halo 1 (haven't played 2 or 3). But then I like Haze more than those too, which people have an irrational hatred for as well :roll:

As for the story, at least there IS one. It unfortunately uses a modified Halo style (basically) two weapon system, but it does have some fun weapons too.

I wouldn't call it awesome, but it's average at least IMO. It's fun enough if you like FPS, and for the price is worth it IMO. I mean I do like it much more than supposedly "better" games.

[quote name='decrot']Seems like everything rare makes nowadays has stunk. They haven't been good since the n64 days.[/QUOTE]

They've made tons of good games since then... More good than bad, probably. Too many to even get in to (though I didn't like Viva Pinata, even though most do...)

[quote name='decrot']Seems like everything rare makes nowadays has stunk. They haven't been good since the n64 days.[/quote]

Below are average review scores from Metacritic. Rare has exceeded the average 360 game by quite a bit. It's kind of hard to say their games stink when they consistently get 80+ scores.
Year / Non-Rare / Rare
2005 / 74 / 80
2006 / 69 / 84
2007 / 67 / N/A
2008 / 66 / 80

If you don't like a game it doesn't automatically mean it stinks. You're not that special. Just like me saying I played this game a ton doesn't mean its awesome. I'm not that special either. Like all slightly above average games some people will love PDZ, some will hate it and most will think it is OK.

bread's done
Back