Devil May Cry 4: Collector's Edition $29.99 @ Game Crazy YMMW

KrazyGunner

CAGiversary!
Picked up this sweet baby brand new at a Game Crazy in La Verne. Was about to drive 50 miles for a copy of this at an EB Games in La Habra. I was really trying to pull over to call EB Games in Covina back to check for in-store availability. But, since Game Crazy was on the way there I decided to just stop by and lookie what I found. I traded in some games too but was too excited to care what the values were.

img0483uz3.jpg

img0484qu0.jpg

[quote name='animemaniac14']nice find!

tho hate to be a deal-buster but can be had for $14.99 at Blockbuster[/quote]

Holy hell. Which Blockbuster?

[quote name='jdeluis']Its also the same price at Gamestop for Xbox360 and PS3.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=68049

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=68050[/quote]

Yeah, I tried this. It's not available online so I did that in-store availability option on the side for my zip code and called the stores for to check if they were in stock. The prices are suppose to vary from GS and EB location but I called first to check and they all said it was $49.99 which what I was about to do. One EB Games guy from Corona wanted to sell me a brand new one without the slip cover, eh?

[quote name='biggreenmold']does ebgames match their online price in store?[/quote]

Yes, ebgames/gamestop in store price is that of its online price.

This isn't YMMV. The prices are the same at all Game Crazy stores. I just bought one from Circuit City for $31.00 after discount. I also saw these at Best Buy for the same price.

[quote name='SimaYi']Should be selling for even cheaper considering this game is about a year old now...[/quote]

This is the "limited" Collectors Ed though, was 80 dollars at release.

[quote name='ricoraney']This isn't YMMV. The prices are the same at all Game Crazy stores. I just bought one from Circuit City for $31.00 after discount. I also saw these at Best Buy for the same price.[/quote]

The CE is $29.99 at bestbuy now? I may have to check it out. I see that the normal one is $29.99 at bestbuy.com

[quote name='animemaniac14']both the CE and reg ed are marked at $14.99[/quote]
mistag or actual price? Wait are you talking about used copies or new?

Last edited by a moderator:
100 copies of the CE were randomly hand signed by by the game's producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi. If you get one of those you can make some big money.

[quote name='CloverField06']100 copies of the CE were randomly hand signed by by the game's producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi. If you get one of those you can make some big money.[/quote]

Is the only way to find this out by opening your copy?

OR is it on the outside.

What exactly is signed?

[quote name='muzras']Is the only way to find this out by opening your copy?

OR is it on the outside.

What exactly is signed?[/quote]

Sadly you have to rip off the wrapping to get the slipcover off. I was able to pick the CE up at Bestbuy for $29.99 as well. Finally used my gift card.

Got the reg edition new at Target 2 months ago for $15. Glad I did cuz i'd be tempted to get this for $30, but the extras are not really worth it.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Got the reg edition new at Target 2 months ago for $15. Glad I did cuz i'd be tempted to get this for $30, but the extras are not really worth it.[/quote]

I absolutely agree the bonus CDs aren't worth it, but the steel book is worth the $30 for me at least.

[quote name='Destromas']your sales tax is outrageous.[/quote]

Oh yeah! haha... it's 8% or more here in California and it varies from city to city. I was at an In-n-Out that had a 8.75% sales tax if I remember correctly.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Wow you got $6 for face breaker? That's about $6 more than I would expect.[/quote]

Yeah! But I only got Facebreaker for $10 at Best Buy. The game is fun with friends, but man there was something about story mode that made it awful.

I live in Mass, where it's 5%, but my closest retailers are in NH, so I get off even cheaper without any at all.

Nice score. I got my copy of the CE from Gamestop for $29.99 about two weeks ago. And, as others have mentioned, this can also be had for $29.99 from Best Buy. Circuit City has it for $39.96, which comes to about $32 after the current 20% off games at most CC stores.

[quote name='KrazyGunner']

Oh yeah! haha... it's 8% or more here in California and it varies from city to city. I was at an In-n-Out that had a 8.75% sales tax if I remember correctly.

[/quote]

The standard California rate is 7.25% and the majority of Los Angeles County is 8.25%. Any day now it will be raised up to 10.25% here in Los Angeles. :bomb:

Amazon is going to be the only place to actually get good deals for us who live in the Los Angeles County.:D

Wow! you guys are finding copies of the collector's edition at Best Buy and GameStop at the same price at $29.99? All the Best Buys here in the Inland Empire, CA have the regular edition for $39.99. I might pick up a few more copies too for some of my other friends who are fan. The signed copy would just be a bonus. This is actually my 3rd copy of DMC4. I bought the regular edition at TRU for $10 using gift cards which I let a friend borrow and still hasn't returned it since October 08 (seriously, how long does it take for someone to beat the game, damn). I bought a CE from BestBuy.com for $49.99 a while back with a $50 gift card from credit company.

[quote name='KrazyGunner']Wow! you guys are finding copies of the collector's edition at Best Buy and GameStop at the same price at $29.99? All the Best Buys here in the Inland Empire, CA have the regular edition for $39.99. I might pick up a few more copies too for some of my other friends who are fan. The signed copy would just be a bonus. This is actually my 3rd copy of DMC4. I bought the regular edition at TRU for $10 using gift cards which I let a friend borrow and still hasn't returned it since October 08 (seriously, how long does it take for someone to beat the game, damn). I bought a CE from BestBuy.com for $49.99 a while back with a $50 gift card from credit company.[/QUOTE]

Looks like your Best Buy didn't change the price sticker. Both the normal and CE versions of the game are now $29.99 at Best Buy.

[quote name='eau']Shoot! I doubt I can find a copy at GS that is not gutted.[/QUOTE]

Luckily one of the GS by me had two Xbox 360 versions that were still sealed. I picked one up today.

[quote name='shinclyde']I got a very gutted x360 dmc 4 le if i find another Gamestop that has a sealed or complete version, can i exchange it?[/quote]
Probably not. They will say you have opened it yourself.

[quote name='jdeluis']The standard California rate is 7.25% and the majority of Los Angeles County is 8.25%. Any day now it will be raised up to 10.25% here in Los Angeles. :bomb:

Amazon is going to be the only place to actually get good deals for us who live in the Los Angeles County.:D[/quote]

7.775 out here in Riverside county :(

[quote name='shinclyde']I got a very gutted x360 dmc 4 le if i find another Gamestop that has a sealed or complete version, can i exchange it?[/quote]

Oh, that sucks. If I knew they were going to sell me a gutted copy, I would have told them I didn't want it any longer. What is up with GameStop selling these copies, really. Speaking of DMC, RE5 demo is sooooo awesome!

[quote name='FiendCameron']7.775 out here in Riverside county :([/quote]

That's a pretty good tax rate. I go to Riverside sometimes to see friends and hang out. I think going there saves me money because of the tax, but then I remember there's the cost of gas.

Any other Best Buys in the southern California with $29.99 Collector's Edition DMC4? I'm going to go to a couple more to check later on today.

[quote name='eau']Probably not. They will say you have opened it yourself.[/QUOTE]

I had bought a limited edition that was gutted and decided to bring it back but the sales person did not put the sticker on. I then had a heck of a time trying to get them to return it. (I did not play it, promise) I had to go back to the person that sold it to me, which happened to be a manager.

I have also bought a gutted DS game once and it had game save data on it. When I brought it in they said I must have put that saved data on there even though it was dated a few weeks before I bought it. I now bring in my DS and load the cart in front of them to make sure.

I understand doing this to one display copy but why are they doing this to 3-4 copies of each game.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I had bought a limited edition that was gutted and decided to bring it back but the sales person did not put the sticker on. I then had a heck of a time trying to get them to return it. (I did not play it, promise) I had to go back to the person that sold it to me, which happened to be a manager.

I have also bought a gutted DS game once and it had game save data on it. When I brought it in they said I must have put that saved data on there even though it was dated a few weeks before I bought it. I now bring in my DS and load the cart in front of them to make sure.

I understand doing this to one display copy but why are they doing this to 3-4 copies of each game.[/quote]

They shouldn't even have to gut any copies. A simple DVD case with 24 size font on it saying Devil May Cry 4: Collector's Edition would be enough. Is there any way to abolish these kinds of sales practice? I really hate it when they sell gutted games as new condition. I wonder sometimes about the shrink wrap sometimes. I got that once with Dark Sector from Newegg.com, the shrink wrap wasn't the same as the PS3 ones, it looked like saran wrap glued together. Oh, but I only got it for $10 bucks, so I'm still satisfied.

No more luck for me. I went to a Best Buy in Montclair and one in Rowland Heights in south California. Some dude in the Best Buy Rowland Heights said they never had carried any collector's edition for DMC4, they only carry the regular edition. And the dude didn't even bother to check on the inventory through the computer. Funny, since the website had it a while back for $49.99. To add to that contradiction, they were selling pre-orders for the collector's edition of Street Fighter IV and Halo Wars collector's edition, plus had in stock other collector's edition games like Saints Row 2

Stumbled to the coolest gamestop store ever. Took back the gutted copy of DMC4 CE and they exchanged it for a sealed copy! they were amazed that they sold me the collector's edition with no discount and now original box as new. I guess there are still good Gamestops out there.

[quote name='shinclyde']Stumbled to the coolest gamestop store ever. Took back the gutted copy of DMC4 CE and they exchanged it for a sealed copy! they were amazed that they sold me the collector's edition with no discount and now original box as new. I guess there are still good Gamestops out there.[/quote]

WOW! Yeah, some GameStop stores are really cool. What general area or state did you go to for your GameStop/EB Games? Steel book is always so much better.

[quote name='CloverField06']100 copies of the CE were randomly hand signed by by the game's producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi. If you get one of those you can make some big money.[/quote]

I believe it was 100 copies for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions combined if I'm not mistaken, that make it 50 copies for 360 and 50 copies for the PS3.

bread's done
Back