Photo
- - - - -

GameFly + Street Fighter IV = Potential CAG Bonanza!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 daringone

daringone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

If you're a GameFly member for over a year, you could score some serious savings on SFIV. Even if you're a GF newb, you can save substantially.

If you're lucky enough to get it shipped to you today, GameFly's "Keep It" price is $47.99. Nobody's rented it before you obviously, and they ship you the case and manual free, so you essentially get SFIV new for $48.

If you're a long time member (over a year) you also get 10% off, dropping the price to $43.19! Steal!

But wait, there's more! If you still have your $5 off loyalty coupon you get every quarter, you can commit larceny and get this game for just $38.19, over a $20 savings from MSRP!

God I love GameFly :-)

#2 Furashu

Furashu

CAG Mercenary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

never used GF but isnt it very difficult to get new games since the queue list is so long?
Trade on GOOZEX and get $1 trade credit + a free 100 pt game!
http://www.goozex.co...r=6111658335991

PSN : Dunkindoanuts

#3 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

ive been doing this for the longest..

if theres a game i want that i dont need on release day.. ill have one slot open on my queue on its release... have it shipped to me and keep it.. plus i have the additional 10% off

1080i is for douchebags

#4 jikijikijiki

jikijikijiki

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

Got mine today! YAY! Gonna keep it :) Thanks!

#5 pinoyunggoy

pinoyunggoy

GO CHARGERS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

haha i love the thread title

#6 elsteveo2

elsteveo2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

You can almost never get a New release or any newer game for that matter. I canceled my subscription because i could never get a game that i wanted.

Free Browser Based football MMO! http://goallineblitz...pl?ref=16987232

#7 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

I just signed up for 30 day trial (was going to this weekend). The two games in Q are "Not for Sale" unfortunately. That is if I get Street Fighter IV at all anyways.

#8 daringone

daringone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:41 PM

For sale != Keep it

If you are actually sent the game, you always get the keep it option, it just doesn't show up until the game is in "at home" status.

Also, as for getting new games, I use the same strategy. I either keep a slot open, or send back a game the day before release (I live in Ohio and my ship center is Pennsylvania) and I get my game. 6 times I've done this with a 100% success rate.

#9 kev

kev

What is a CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

Just to be fair here this works on any new release. They are always $43.19 for me after discount.

And I always get new releases shipped day 1. You just have to work your Q properly.
Yes, I'm really a teacher.
http://mrroughton.com/

#10 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, this is what I do with most new releases. I've decided that saving $20 on new games I want is worth waiting a few days. It's a bit unfortunate when the games aren't released by GameFly until a few days after retail, but it's still a great deal.

And despite what elsteveo claims, I've had no trouble getting new releases quickly. You have to wait a while for your case/manual, but you at least have the game pretty quickly.

#11 kidu

kidu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

You can almost never get a New release or any newer game for that matter. I canceled my subscription because i could never get a game that i wanted.

You just have to time it correctly on the new releases. I try to get one of my two games turned in so that it gets to Gamefly the day before NEW RELEASE X comes out, and then blank my Q except for NEW RELEASE X. When the game becomes available the next day you are pretty much assured getting the game shipped to you same day (just did this today with SF IV).

HOWEVER...

If you don't time it right, or decide you want a newer game that came out a couple of months ago...good fucking luck. I have had Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, and Fable II in the top 5 of my Q for three months now, and I still have not been able to get a single one of them. Same for FEAR 2 last week; I got hit by some ridiculously slow shipping times getting my game back to Gamefly (usually takes 2 business days, this time it took 6), and now I doubt I will be able to get my hands on FEAR 2 for a couple of months.

#12 brownda1

brownda1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

I actually checked this morning and I am getting SF IV shipped to me today :D

#13 SakBee

SakBee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

Damn you guys are good... Way to be cheap!!! :)

#14 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

Yeah this is an easy and very common trick for Gamefly users. I've done it plenty of times.

Also, I've e mailed Gamefly customer service about their weak quantities on newer titles like Dead Space and Mirror's Edge and how it can take months for them to become available. I asked them why this is even a problem when they know the demand will be ridiculously high for those games. A real fucking person actually responded to me in less than a business day and even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear, it was probably one of the kindest and most polite e mails I've ever read. She told me to be patient and that X360 games are always the hardest to get but they make it their priority to get you the games as soon as they can.

Probably the wrong thread to discuss this in but I thought I would let you guys know.

Edited by xrickyb86x, 18 February 2009 - 04:35 PM.

MMMMMMM

#15 iroute

iroute

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

I have had luck w/my GFly new releases. In about 2.5 years, I haven't gotten 2 new releases on my que. I consider myself lucky!

I have bought Left 4 Dead, CivRev and Rainbow Six V2 all as new releases for the sub -$45 range like described by OP.

#16 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

Yea, I was just going to post this on the boards. I just made sure to clear my list for Street Fighter and have an open queue item and noticed the $47.99! Just got my 3 month $5 off coupon too. Love it.

EDIT: And it shipped!

#17 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

great if all those things aline and u can get it for that price,but its way too many things that have to happen in order to get that price...not really a readily available deal to all cags..good luck to the GFers..let us know if you lucky enough to get it shipped!
Posted Image

#18 SniperREX

SniperREX

Space Cowboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

For sale != Keep it

If you are actually sent the game, you always get the keep it option, it just doesn't show up until the game is in "at home" status.

That's not true. Some old and/or rare games cannot be bought through the "Keep It" option. I have Theresia for the DS right now and I have to rent it until I beat it :bomb:. Even though I'd like to buy it.
See You Space Cowboy

#19 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

Oh ok, once its shipped, its now got a Keep it (for SFIV). Great way to sign up.

Pre-Played Price:
$47.99

#20 ryanmassacre

ryanmassacre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

not to be a jerk but if i pay 15.99 a month for one game out and buy it now for 47.99 - 10% = 43.19 then i get a game for 59.18 but then i get to rent games all month that might be 3-4 games. sounds good for people that like to rent games but its not for me sorry im out

#21 heathdud

heathdud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

I did the exact same thing with Saint's Row 2

#22 technole

technole

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

not to be a jerk but if i pay 15.99 a month for one game out and buy it now for 47.99 - 10% = 43.19 then i get a game for 59.18 but then i get to rent games all month that might be 3-4 games. sounds good for people that like to rent games but its not for me sorry im out

Yeah, its not for everyone if you don't rent games. I usually just buy'em myself for that matter since I sell'em online.

BUT there is a free trial if you want to be a one-and-out. Maybe it'll work for you or maybe not. Although i'd look around the web for a 30-day link and not take up the 10-day one they are offering.

#23 TheBigmac

TheBigmac

InstallingTitle■■■□□

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

Been doing this for years. Actually it used to be $44.99 but they jacked up the price for new releases recently. Still beats any game retailer out there. I love Gamefly. I've built most of my collection getting games from them. $20 cheaper than retail just because they open the game seals for me and send the games a couple of days after release? I can live with that!

Needless to say, I intend to do the same with Killzone in a couple of weeks. And I've been saving my $5 coupon for that one.

#24 technole

technole

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

I will admit GF is definitely better than the evil GameStop for most "pre-played" purposes. You know the condition of the disc you are buying, you already played it, and you know you'll get a case and manual that is practically unused.

#25 hoofrog

hoofrog

Game Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

I always use this procedure when I want a new game.

Clear my GF queue of everything except the one I want.
Send back the games I have a week in advance.

It is that simple. I always have that title shipped when it is released and use the buy it now option. Good stuff.

#26 daringone

daringone

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

And here I thought I was unique! Look at all of us cheapasses!

I agree with a few. Comments back. GameFly isn't for you if you don't do the renting thing... But for those of you that do, it's a great service to play a bunch of games relatively cheaply, and cash in on new releases you know you want.

Oh, and mine obviously shipped as well :-). They're gonna have to restock!!!

#27 Ixnay

Ixnay

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

I have SF IV being shipped today from Game Fly. Trick is to have a game returned and nothing else in your game Q other then the new release. This ups your chance of getting the new release.
Posted Image

#28 FoxHoundADAM

FoxHoundADAM

Super Zissou Bros.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

If only Gamefly actually sent me a game in my top 10 I'd do this. They've screwed me so many times already. It took them over a week to send me a game last time. They gave me a 1 week credit on my account but it was stil pretty lame.

#29 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

does anyone have a coupon they wouldn't mind me using? would be greatly appreciated

#30 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

does anyone have a coupon they wouldn't mind me using? would be greatly appreciated

Gamefly coupons are tied to each users account so they CAN'T be shared, sorry.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).