Photo
- - - - -

What's Rockin' In Your iPod!

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

Rough around the edges? Are you fucking serious? If anything, Ten is the cleanest, most polished sounding production of Pearl Jam's entire career. The damn album was practically produced like a hair metal album, what with all the vocal overdubs and reverb the album is washed in.

Eh, I don't know what it is. Probably just that I don't like Ten as much as many die hard PJ fans I guess, so something about the sound has always seemed a bit off to me. Black is my favorite song, but Ten is probably 4th on my ranking of their albums.

Hell maybe its the opposite and that it's too polished! I'm not a muscian and as tone deaf at they comb so I'm pretty shitty at giving good reasons why I prefer something musically other than "I just do." :D

But still interested to here both the remastered and remixed album. Particularly the latter.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#62 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

Mastadon. Clutch, COC, DOWN, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Duran Duran, Prince, Outkast, The Black Keys, At The Drive In, Slayer, Metallica(first four albums), ACDC, Airbourne, The Allman Brothers, Miles Davis, Ween, Frank Zappa, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Screaming Trees, Melvins, Fantomas, Faith No More, Peeping Tom, DEATH, The Sword, Red Fang, Molly Hatchet, Canned Heat, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Less Than Jake, NOFX, The Vandals, etc.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:32 AM

Eh, I don't know what it is. Probably just that I don't like Ten as much as many die hard PJ fans I guess, so something about the sound has always seemed a bit off to me. Black is my favorite song, but Ten is probably 4th on my ranking of their albums.

Hell maybe its the opposite and that it's too polished! I'm not a muscian and as tone deaf at they comb so I'm pretty shitty at giving good reasons why I prefer something musically other than "I just do." :D

But still interested to here both the remastered and remixed album. Particularly the latter.

Yeah, it's definitely too polished. It's the same problem that effected Nevermind.

On a PJ-related side note, I recently got the Official Bootleg of 11/6/2000 Seattle from Second Spin for $7.62. How kick ass is that? My goal now is to find the third Mansfield, MA show from the 2003 releases for less than $9. That one has 45 songs and very little overlap with Seattle!!

#64 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:33 AM

Yeah, that Seattle show is kick ass. State College 2003 is another great one.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#65 evanft

evanft

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:01 AM

Yeah, that was another one I was looking at, but at first glance it looked like getting Seattle and Mansfield would cover a good chunk of the songs on it.

#66 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:09 AM

What certainly is not rockin' in my iPod, so I question your sources. And I like getting my mp3s for free and then buying the CDs so I have a physical record to rip if necessary (and art, etc.).

Anyway, I haven't listened my iPod much since I've been at home anyway, but if I was then it would probably be Propagandhi, Bonobo, Jack Johnson, Strike Anywhere, and maybe some Rise Against and Lagwagon.

Posted Image

#67 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:46 PM

Yeah, that Seattle show is kick ass. State College 2003 is another great one.

Yeah, that was another one I was looking at, but at first glance it looked like getting Seattle and Mansfield would cover a good chunk of the songs on it.

You guys should definitely hunt down Philly 2005. I've got at least 200 concerts of theirs and I always come back to it. The first encore is absolutely sick: Around The Bend -> Harvest Moon -> Hard To Imagine -> Crown of Thorns -> Crazy Mary -> Alive. It blows me away every time.

They open with Wash, they play Sad, Alone, Not For You, Leatherman and a ton of others. I need to go listen to this right now.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#68 D_Icon

D_Icon

'D'_ott_Elitist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

I'm doing construction work over spring break and it gets boring. What are good portable speakers that I can take along that are compatible with the iPod?

Please any recommendations.

#69 evanft

evanft

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

You guys should definitely hunt down Philly 2005. I've got at least 200 concerts of theirs and I always come back to it. The first encore is absolutely sick: Around The Bend -> Harvest Moon -> Hard To Imagine -> Crown of Thorns -> Crazy Mary -> Alive. It blows me away every time.

They open with Wash, they play Sad, Alone, Not For You, Leatherman and a ton of others. I need to go listen to this right now.

Dude, I'm listening to Seattle right now, and it's friggin' awesome. I just really wish they had done some more elaborate mixing. Eddie is way too far back, as are the drums. The guitars are also a little too hard left and hard right. They could have been widened out a bit so they bleed into the center channel a little.

I was watching an auction for a sealed copy of the third Mansfield 2003 show that closed a few hours ago. It was $4.99 with $2.99 shipping. Surprisingly, no one bid, even though that's a fucking awesome price. The seller just relisted it as a BIN at the same price, and I jumped on it.

So yeah, I got Seattle and Mansfield for less than $16 combined. Looking at prevailing prices on eBay and Amazon, I think I did damn well for myself with that one.

#70 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, the 2000 bootlegs sound is no where near as good as the latter years. I have 4 or 5 I think from that year--since then I've started only buying shows I attend.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#71 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:41 AM

This weeks download:

Get Your Money Up- Keri Hilson
I Am... Sasha Fierce
Craig David- Greatest Hits
Britneys Spears- Toy Solider
Day 26- Day 26
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#72 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:02 AM

Lots of Bloc Party this week. And the new Decemberists and KMFDM.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#73 dbrev42

dbrev42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

All that remains! !!!:twoguns::-({|=...:lol:
Posted Image

#74 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

I've been listening to REM's newest album Accelerate a lot lately. Such a great album!

#75 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

lol @ paying for mp3s.
lol @ mp3s being cheaper.

I'll take my better sounding, permanently backed up, can rip in any format I want, CD collection.

yeah man, I buy allmy albums as well, the only time I download shit is if it's a song not available on an album, remixes, etc.

I bought the Pearl Jam, but haven't listened, you sound like a way bigger audiophile than me, I don't think I'll be able to hear what you want about the remaster, I'm keeping my original CD anyway.

And seriously, the Asher Roth love needs to stop, the guy is not nice. His shit is straight jokes, while real MCs like Apathy that had major deals couldn't get anywhere cause they wouldn't make a stupid-ass song like "I Love College"... I really hate the fucking guy.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg