Xbox Live Deal of the Week - PGR4 Premium Challenge Pack - 240 MSP

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

I liked PGR3 more, but PGR4 is alright. COnsidering it's only 10 dollars, this "deal" on DLC is rather unimpressive.

#32 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

Booooo Bring on Castle Crashers!

Second that motion!

#33 robbrism

robbrism

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

Bringing this thread a little more on topic...anyone have it already, anyone have opinions on if it is worth more than free since this is probably the lowest its going to go.

I agree.

So what does the "challenge Pack" consist of?

#34 JoeFlacco4God

JoeFlacco4God

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

Thanks but doesn't interest me...I don't have PGR4, but even if I did, I doubt I'd get this.

#35 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

too many people complaining and bashing the game and m$. simple rule, don't like it then don't buy it. criterion gave free updates and other stuff for awhile and now they are charging. they did things the opposite of everyone else. to whereas now, the game is still "pricey" to some people but the dlc is cheaper. The dlc gives you a few more achievements for those who care about them, new areas, new cars and more for 240 ms points which is I think $3. They can't please everyone and just try to get deals out to the general public not anyone in particular.

#36 projectionist

projectionist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

too many people complaining and bashing the game and m$.

Hypocritical much?

Don't call them "m$," it really makes you sound immature.

Here's a secret...

Sony...IS OUT TO MAKE MONEY.
Nintendo...IS OUT TO MAKE MONEY.
"M$," as you call it, is just better at it.

#37 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

I may get it, but not sure.
I'm sure I'll pass on next weeks Fable original (most likely on sale for $10). And I have a feeling that will be the end of the deal of the week until the holidays some back around.
I certainly hope I'm wrong.
I do think this PGR4 pack could be kind of fun.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#38 Papa Neorev

Papa Neorev

Sounders 'Til I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

I agree.

So what does the "challenge Pack" consist of?

according to joystiq

Free Challenge Pack (free download!)
A playable, hydrogen-powered Peugeot Flux
Tourist Mode - Just drive around the city and admire the scenery with no explicit goal
"Free Roam" Cat and Mouse Mode - Implements the delayed updates previously discussed here
Seven unlockable achievements

Premium Challenge Pack (400 MS points)
Includes all the content of the Free Challenge Pack, PLUS:
Seven new cars - Including the "1987 BMW M3 E30 DTM," whatever that means
World Challenge Arcade Mode - With 20 new events in three themed chapters
Three more unlockable achievements

#39 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:18 AM

WTF? I dare them to take something people are still playing and mark it down...seriously

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#40 WTFer

WTFer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:15 AM

how much is 240 points in real money again?

#41 SimaYi

SimaYi

Ready 4 BlackFriday!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:37 AM

Does anyone here realize that this deal is only TWO fuckING DOLLARS OFF?

#42 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:24 AM

I used to play PGR4 a lot but I really don't see anything here.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#43 phdeez

phdeez

Testicles. That is all.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:43 AM

how much is 240 points in real money again?

Assuming you bought MS points not on sale... which normally are 1600 points for $20...

$3 (1600 pts / $20 = 80 pts per dollar; 240/80 = $3)

As SimaYi said: $2 off a $5 "product"

#44 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:54 AM

Considering how much time I put into PGR 4 I might bite. It's not like theres much racers coming out this year outside of the rumored Forza 3, granted E3 might change everything.

Is the extra content worth the $3? I'm just shy of 1000 points for this game :P

#45 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

crappy deal, but I guess its better then nothing. Anyone who gets in on this, hope you enjoy.

#46 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

they are dumping all the dlc garbage.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#47 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:12 PM

What do you mean too little too late? This is awesome that MS is doing this. Have you used PSN, even though it's free, you get what you paid for. Slow network with lag. I have no problems with my Live and it takes me 5 times as long to download anything on PSN then it does on Live. I don't understand what you mean.

not to mention that once you do finally finish downloading something, you still have to install it which takes awhile more and updates are a huge pain as they take forever as well.

#48 irc_email

irc_email

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

I can understand why these deals are too little, but how the Fuck are they too late???

#49 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

I can understand why these deals are too little, but how the Fuck are they too late???

I believe he's saying that if they did this every week since launch it would look like a big deal but considering we have had things like Steams Weekend Deals this just seems like MS trying to hop on a bandwagon.

Just my guess.

#50 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

I'm not buying any arcade crap until the finally drop the price of PA adventures to at least $15 and it should be $12.

The 2014 E3 Theme: "Coming in 2015."

#51 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

Too little too late for what? There is effectively zero overhead in any of this downloadable content being available. This creates interest and drives sales. What is there to be "too little too late" over?

Why are you even trying to compare what they are doing here to what is happening each weekend on Steam? The two are mutually exclusive. If you aren't a PC gamer, you don't even know what Steam is. If you are a PC gamer and don't own a 360, then why do you care what price Microsoft sets DLC content at?

Ding. Thank you sir.
-Michael

Posted Image

#52 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

I believe he's saying that if they did this every week since launch it would look like a big deal but considering we have had things like Steams Weekend Deals this just seems like MS trying to hop on a bandwagon.

Just my guess.

The only other thought I can add is that back when they did this around the holidays it gathered a lot of interest towards those live arcade games as well as the various dlc that were on sale. Everyone hoped that due to increased interest and sales that they would continue running weekly specials. Instead they basically said no , we don't need to run sales for people to buy our stuff. The only reason we ran these sales now is because it's the holidays and everyone is running sales.

#53 CKaz

CKaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

I will say this, my wife got an iphone and now I laugh at most of the xbla and community content when there's sweet apps for a couple bucks there AND ITS PORTABLE!

#54 playing mantis

playing mantis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

You're acting here like Microsoft has any direct competition on live. There is none. No one else controls the pricing on Live except Microsoft. Who says they want to compete with a PC based platform (Steam)? What exactly would they be competing over? Steam doesn't offer content on Xbox Live, so again, why would Microsoft care?

While this was originally true, this is changing. Steam does actually offer content on LIVE, such as Portal: Still Alive (severely overpriced, should have been offered as cheap DLC for The Orange Box, instead of a stand alone game).

I went for Portal on PC as it was cheaper, and offered more gameplay through free 3rd party map packs (more 3rd party gameplay than the original game! The 3rd party content was more challenging and creative as well).

Also, more and more companies are offering their XBLA content through steam. The Maw for example. This trend will continue and will impact XBLM sales.

The overpriced XBLM has me seriously considering PC gaming. There is a stigma that it is "expensive" and that you have to upgrade your graphics card every 6 months or year, but that's not true.

Most PS3 games are rendered at 540P, then upscaled to 1080 at output. Same goes for 360, although a lot of games are doing 720P at least. The Dreamcast was able to do 480P. It's pretty rediculous that two console generations later resolutions haven't really advanced all that much.

It's not hard to beat the "HD" console graphics. A good graphics card can last for several years, and still give better looking graphics with more detail/features, at or above console resolutions. As time goes on, resolutions for newer games can be lowered to keep framerates up.