Worms: THE THREAD - Worms 2: Armageddon out now

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#91 chodax

chodax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:45 AM

Alright add me to this list, I am down for some online Worms.

Add chodax if any one wants to play.

#92 jamezuva

jamezuva

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

metaly, do u mind adding me to the OP. PSN username is jamezuva

#93 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

Decided to play some Open Warfare 2 on the psp so I could be there in spirit. I actually purchased it back in June from the last GS Gamedays sale ($10, I think) and have never played it. And I must say, it appears to be a lot better than the PSN version. More weapons, more modes, unlockables for your worms. Didn't try MP, but I bet that even has 4p voip just because this psp version shits all over the PSN one.

#94 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

Sounds like I need to check out OW2.

We didn't get a big group going yesterday, but I was over at a friend's so we did some local multiplayer. It's cool that you can set up custom game modes offline, although it's still not as robust as in WWP of course. There's no way to tweak damage to make cluster bombs the feared weapons they once were.

I heard Team 17 is filing for bankruptcy since they cant figure out how to program 4person VOIP

:lol:

#95 viksmart

viksmart

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

Hey, if anyone is interested in getting the [get your lob on trophy ]I am willing to work with someone....send me a message (hopefully within the next ten minutes)

PSN: Viksmart
(> - _ -)><(*_*)><(Fuck)><(^ _ ^)>

#96 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:21 PM

Trying to rewrite my epic VOIP rant for the Facebook page and there's a Team17 guy on there saying the minigun is in the game. Are they sitting on some secret weapon codes or have they just completely lost their minds?

Also not sure what to make of this:

Kieran wrote on April 9, 2009 at 4:59pm
have to say that since buying the game i am very dissapointed about the mic settings in a game of more than 2 players, cant say i will be playing it unless this is fixed although i doubt that will trouble you guys

Team17 Software Ltd. wrote on April 9, 2009 at 5:03pm
That's down for a fix, it was reported in the US release.

Getting some mixed signals here, Team17.

#97 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:56 AM

Heh, my rant was the one that mentioned Warhawk. I'm sure you read his reply about how its because that is a server based game and apparently sending out data to 4 people in real time uses up too much horsepower to support voip as well. Are there any other p2p games on the ps3 that use voicechat? I say we get a list of them and then add addresses so Team17 can get in contact with their voodoo witch doctors since that's obviously how 4p voicechat works on the ps3.

#98 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:32 AM

Yeah I will get to work on a rant of my own then. They are gonna feel the wrath of CAG. Saw the Warhawk one, nicely put.

So the minigun is in the game AND they are fixing the VOIP?? Does Seth Luisi work for them? Im waiting for one of them to post that Worms will be the first 3-D PS3 game.

#99 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:32 AM

You know... Really, most PSN games are p2p in the sense that its not an official server we play on. Warhawk, GTAIV, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Unreal Tournament III, etc, are all run on everyday connections for gameplay and the "Official servers" only collect stats from the host after a round. EDIT: Okay... maybe not all of those (or any... :lol:)... I think KZ2 actually runs on "official servers" since anyone can host any number of players (I think...). Maybe you should forget that I wrote/you read this paragraph.

Still, I read they said it's because everything is fully destructible and they have to send all that info as well. Meh... whatever... I'd be interested in seeing a bandwidth report from someone that hosts a 4 player game to see just how throughput is needed for what it's doing now.

Even if it does/can max out a moderate connection, I don't see why they couldn't write in a bandwidth checker that would adjust the amount of channels based on the person with the lowest bandwidth. Or possibly make a "Push to Talk" system that would only allow two people to talk at one time (so if 3/4 people were pushing to talk at once, it would only transmit the first two people that pushed).

Also... what is it? They blame it on the PS3 firmware, then they say they "had 4 player voice chat working fine, but had to take it out because it can cause drops with lower bandwidth connections". So is it the OS or a connection problem? Maybe a connection problem based on OS limitations... :roll:

Edited by mguiddy, 13 April 2009 - 04:58 AM.

#100 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:37 AM

About their problems with games going out of sync, it seems like they should just be able to send everyone the same random seed at the start of the round and everything would be fine, but what do I know.

Also I'm pretty sure Soulcalibur IV is P2P and that supports multi VOIP without severe connection issues, and that's a game where latency actually matters.

I guess I'm grateful that it's P2P because it means we'll always be able to get a game going as long as PSN is around. Wormnet in WWP was not exactly reliable.

@DD: Yeah, there are tons of better implementations they could have gone with for limited voice chat... They basically picked the least elegant one. Man, I had so much of this covered in my huge rant that got deleted. I need to let my fury build back up so I can rewrite it. :lol:

And yeah, have they never heard of GTA4 online??

#101 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:55 AM

[IMG]http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:nYVu3qUHeAkvVM:http://dmeb.net/speb/foryoureyes/Emperor03.jpg[/IMG]
Good, let the hate flow through you!

Crap - 101 posts!

#102 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:55 AM

My mistake. You can use custom loadouts online, just not in ranked games. I think I came up with one which is a good mix of the intermediate and pro settings.

#103 TheToiletDuck

TheToiletDuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

Noticed you can't escape with the ninja rope now. You used to be able to drop a dynamite while on the rope then swing away.

#104 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:34 AM

Still can

#105 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:03 AM

It could be your retreat time is shorter than the dynamite fuse so you get cut off. I think retreat time is 3 seconds on intermediate and pro, and the dynamite goes off in 5?

Always plan your exit strategy ahead of time!

And by the way, I heard there will be some 4P Worms at... some undetermined point in the future.

#106 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

Yeah metaly is right its shorter than the fuse time so you gotta swing and launch yourself wherever you need to go.

Team17 producer posted on PS forums saying they are going to fix some issues.

#107 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

Sources say they're going to dump voice chat and opt for more/better text chat integration. 8-)

#108 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

How reliable are your sources? ;););););):lol:

Damn, I need a Worms fix... Haven't played my PS3 in like a week! That's a new record y'all! :shock:

#109 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

How reliable are your sources? ;););););):lol:

Damn, I need a Worms fix... Haven't played my PS3 in like a week! That's a new record y'all! :shock:

As reliable as RR's

And yeah, I noticed you haven't been on PSN in like, 6 days... I thought you were dead or something.

#110 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

freaky died?? :cry: I'd be down with a memorial game tonight.

Did they mention what issues they're going to fix?

#111 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:57 PM

And yeah, I noticed you haven't been on PSN in like, 6 days... I thought you were dead or something.

#-o:lol:

Nah, I just took a trip to Palmdale, which is near Los Angeles more or less... Went to pick up a truck and see my extended family for Easter.
I should have brought my PS3 though, aside from it being very boring at my uncle's ranch, which is like in the middle of a deserty area, my cousins have never seen one in action. And they all own Wii consoles. That was scary... :-?

#112 Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:37 AM

Sign me up for any future Worms games, mang!

Posted Image

#113 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:20 PM

Great games last night. I added a few of the maps to the OP.

Also here are the custom settings I was using. Any thoughts?

Spoiler

#114 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:25 PM

Good games. Maybe up the retreat time 1 second.

#115 Mr. Beef

Mr. Beef

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:34 PM

Infinite Ninja Ropes. =D

Posted Image

#116 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:12 AM

You guy's played last night? :cry:

#117 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:54 AM

I checked your status.. You were too busy saving the world (or heating your house) :)

#118 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:57 AM

I checked your status.. You were too busy saving the world (or heating your house) :)

A little of both... :lol:

#119 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

Well I have made a bit of a habit out of trolling Team 17 facebook and forums. Here is the latest nugget of info

"Fixes for some of the reported things are on the way (we'll see to that after European release).

DLC/updates are being discussed currently."

Hopefully we can get some Napalm and the parachute in some DLC.

#120 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Too many complaints for me to read through them all! :lol: Good thing I don't work for Team 17.

DLC would be cool though. Hopefully nothing expensive. Free stuff would be nice after all this VOIP madness.