Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #156: Buddy, Can You Spare a Fish Sandwich?

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#31 NutForest

NutForest

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:02 AM

Finally my CAGcast fix.. thought i was gonna die.
:cold: <3 The CAGcast and The instance <3 :hot:

Posted Image

#32 mrn111

mrn111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:31 PM

Cagcast is good so far..I haven't quite finished it yet. But Cheapy you hit the nail right on the head with the PS3 updates. It was one of the (and a big) reasons I sold mine. I applaud Sony of constantly trying to evolve the platform but the fact the updates are so numerous and mandatory along with being so slow compared to the 360 drove me nuts.

#33 Achuba Nanoia

Achuba Nanoia

Tropical arctic fox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

Great show, just finished listening to it.

I really enjoyed CheapyD's comments about Reggie and the used games.

Also, great picture with Tai and your games! I can already tell he'll be one happy kid... if he enjoys games that is :p. I wish my dad were into computers and games.

Anyway, keep up the good work, I can't wait for next week's show! Hopefully we'll have a new CAGForeplay to keep us going!
The most difficult game of all is life: 1up, no pause, no save-feature, no strategy guide. Just pray you can get someone to play co-op.

#34 mik

mik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

Cheapy,

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, why in the world would you ask if the woman in the Wendy's was black? I don't really get how that would have any bearing on the story.

#35 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

Fantastic, Pizza Guy update, I can barely contain myself, I'm not even kidding.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#36 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:01 PM

Cheapy- Listen to Wombat about 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. It is to FPSs what Saints Row 2 is to GTA sandbox games. It plays a lot like like Gears o.W. and Army of 2. It has a little bit of bullet time (Gangsta Fire) and score based elements (à la The Club).

I picked this up for $20 at Micro Center and would easily have enjoyed it even at full price. The fun factor is just ridiculously high. Buying new guns, H2H counter-kills and off-color insults has upped the replayability. I have played through on single player once and CO-OP twice now. I am about to play through on hard, and look forward to trying to get all the "Club" style points-based medals.

This is one of the most under-appreciated games thus far. It's fantastic. If you like Dark Sector (like I did) you're gonna love this.

Even someone who only marginally appreciates hip-hop, it's culture, and verve (like myself) will enjoy the game and it's music.

I can't say enough good things about this game.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#37 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

woot, didn't expect an early show. was happy to see it update in my iPod this morning. :)

edit: WOOHOO, Naked Pizza Guy update!

Edited by LiK, 07 April 2009 - 02:30 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#38 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

Great show

Wombat while you were at Wendys in the cue you should of just round-housed her ass.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#39 Ryvvn

Ryvvn

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

Hey guys, love the show but I humbly request that you stop using the "where to better spend money on" argument. Cheapy if you think that Dark Sector was more worthy of your $10 than Penny Arcade Episode 1 (if you had had to hypothetically make that choice) that is fine but please don't proclaim it to be the best option for everybody. Maybe you didn't mean it to come across that way but it certainly did. They are two very different games and I personally think that the Penny Arcade game is a unique experience with very interesting and compelling game mechanics that rise above its shortcomings, whereas Dark Sector is a generic third person action game that had me literally falling asleep after the first hour of play. I think you guys need to just judge games based on the money they are worth individually not in comparison to each other. I would have spent $60 or more on the PA game but as for the $10 that Dark Sector costs, I'd rather wipe my ass with it, light it on fire, then eat the flaming shit bill because it would leave a better taste in my mouth than playing that shitty game again would. Still love the show though, keep on being awesome!

#40 davidb69

davidb69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

Great show today. Regarding purchasing a DSi. I had a DS lite, my boys had the original DS. I traded in my 2 boys old DSes towards the DSi($100 - 50 each for some really old systems). I also had some old games that paid for my son to get a DS Lite and I gave my other DS lite to my other son. They have no wants for the DSi because they still enjoy playing gameboy advance games. I like the new DSi because of the way it runs via it's front end, so I will play the new system and I am very happy. The stuff currently on the store look worthless to me.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276

#41 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:21 PM

Re: Fire and Explosive Rounds in 50 Cent Blood on the Sand.

You actually get them by accomplishing various challenges that pop up during the course of gameplay.

#42 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:39 PM

First Cheapy, now Wombat. I can't help but notice when you guys say "waiting on line" when you mean "waiting in line" for something. Is this a New York colloquialism, like the pronunciation of "Mario"?

#43 djsilke

djsilke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

annnnnd i think im done....repetitive show:

HASONCHOP.COM

HASONCHOP.COM

Edited by djsilke, 07 April 2009 - 08:30 PM.

#44 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

Cheapy, thank you for pimpin' Dark Sector! I got the game for $30 way back and i thought it was great. it was a pretty solid game and the Glaive function was extremely fun. you can cut off limbs before Dead Space and RE5 felt a lot like it in certain sections. :)

Btw, you forgot to mention how fast the loading is. it's like instant!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#45 seventh_sage

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

I just want to let you know that the Bluray price isn't going to $4 for everybody. Since I only get 1 disc at a time the price for Bluray is only going up to $2 for me. Whether or not netfilx is trying to get rid of bluray still remains to be seen. If they do go to an all streaming future & the movies are availible in both standard & HD, & they aren't a pay per play format, then I'd be totally down for that. Especially since I can stream to my 360. That would be so great to just be able to stream everything & not have to worry about waiting (it doesn't take that long to get them but still) to get the discs. That'd make me a netflix subscriber for life. One can only dream.

#46 kashwashwa

kashwashwa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

Definitely have to agree with you about Prince of Persia... it got awesome reviews and everyone seemed to love it when it came out, but I rented it and was more than done with it after a few hours... it honestly seemed like one giant QTE game (minus a button flashing on the screen). The combat especially sucked.
Posted Image

#47 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

btw Cheapy, for the Netflix discussion, it probably costs them a pretty penny for bandwidth costs. but you have a point that it's easier to rent out their movies by streaming their videos only. but unless we have some mega pipe that can stream in 1080p video with 7.1 audio, i'm gonna continue renting out Blu-ray discs.

btw, i agree with the above that it's $2 now for Blu-ray rentals since i'm using the cheapest plan.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#48 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

I might try Dark Sector as it's super cheap everywhere now. I remember playing the demo, I found it mediocrely average though..

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#49 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

I agree with Wombat. Dark Sector sucked.
Posted Image

#50 Captain Freeze

Captain Freeze

Totally Party!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

First Cheapy, now Wombat. I can't help but notice when you guys say "waiting on line" when you mean "waiting in line" for something. Is this a New York colloquialism, like the pronunciation of "Mario"?

ha i noticed this too.

its like sometimes they are speaking a different language.

#51 flyers241

flyers241

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:37 PM

Wombat should've ordered a fish sandwich for himself. Then he could've turned to the woman and said "I got the last one, sucka!"

#52 Zelos

Zelos

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

Enjoyed the Cast as usual

Specifically when the talk turned to Downloadable games and how its more so about selecting the best place to spend your money and getting the most for your dollar(s) because I know I tend to look into things before I go tossing money into them.

Then later Wombat was talking about the follow the bullet DLC that let you mess around with the footage for the killzone 2 commercial. And the first thing that popped into my head was that does sound cool.

Then later when Cheepy was talking about netflix and their possible desire for an all streaming future, The second thing that popped into my head was an article that I ran across.

http://www.businessw... temp_top story

That covered Time warrner cables plans to limit users bandwidth and charge them overage fees much like going over your cellphone minutes for going over your allotted bandwidth. That from the sounds of it is going to be going into a testing phase in the not too distant future and the looming threat that other ISPs could follow suit.

With things leaning towards an all digital DLC/Streaming future how do you think a potential move like this on the part of the ISP(s) is going to impact for all intents and purposes Everything. When you end up Thinking twice because Streaming that movie over netflix, Purchasing a digital copy of a game (that can easily run upwards of 1gb by itself) or heck even that free game DLC not to mention that 100Mb to 1Gb game demo is going to push you over your bandwidth limit and your going to get stuck with a bandwidth overage bill ?

I tossed a bandwidth monitor on my system just out of curiosity and you would be surprised how fast seemingly small stuff adds up. Just watching some streaming online video from Hulu was running me on average about 150megs an episode. Which still doesn't sound like much until you look at their proposed bandwidth ranges from a mighty 5GB all the way to a awe inspiring 40gb..............

I know if my ISP tried something like that would firstly push me to change ISPs faster than you can say Fuck and if it ended up being something that became unavoidable would dissuade me from digital downloads, streaming video and stop game demos dead in their tracks.

Anyhow I would like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Edited by Zelos, 07 April 2009 - 07:05 PM.

#53 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

Wombat should've ordered a fish sandwich for himself. Then he could've turned to the woman and said "I got the last one, sucka!"

:applause:

#54 x3x1x

x3x1x

So fresh and so clean

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

Those fish sandwiches at Wendy's are really good Wombat, my rich ass bought one last week.

Cheapy, the wireless SingStar mics are available right now in Europe. They retail for 29.99GBP and work on any region ps3.

Edited by bornrunnin31, 07 April 2009 - 08:29 PM.

#55 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

Why get a fish sandwhich when there are so many other good items on the menu >.<

Wombat you should have said.."Do you want a fish sandwhich?" and whens he said yes you shoulda said..

"Me too I'ma get one"

walk way

1xz7eo.gif

#56 karatechop16

karatechop16

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

Loved the intro music. Great show as always, fellas. :)

#57 ThePeacemaker02

ThePeacemaker02

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

The reason the updates for the PS3 take so long is that Sony makes you reinstall the whole operating system. It does get very annoying when they seemingly change four lines of code and the whole thing needs to be reinstalled. The microsoft updates patch the code, like any update should. Imaging having to reinstall Mac OS X or windows everytime an update came out, not fun.

Also for Dark Sector, I bought the game when it came out and ended up trading it in since I beat it fairly quickly. I kind of want to buy it again since you came get it for like 10 bucks.

#58 FroMann

FroMann

Follow FroMann!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

DAMN WOMBAT! I laughed when you talked about the chick who made the comment about the Game Developers Conference and how the developers dont act professionally.

Great and funny show guys!

#59 FecesBreath

FecesBreath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

Here you go Cheapy --

http://cockandballs.com/

#60 erikj1508

erikj1508

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

this podcast could've been called thorban friskytenuki cheapyd and wombats podcast. it is as if they've bribed cheapyD, so they can be mentioned every week due to their mediocerly average questions. (they're basically attention freaks, also known as narcissistic people). my conspiracy may be correct, because Ive been listning to alot of shows lately (since the cagcast is pretty irrelevant) and it is obvious that something is going on between cheapyd, frisky and thorbahn..