882 replies to this topic

#1 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

[3DS eShop Thread]

3DS Virtual Console

Mega Man 2 (Capcom, $4.99) — It's more Mega Man goodness, bringing classic NES robot master battling to you on the go. With all six NES titles coming to the 3DS Virtual Console in the coming months, we can expect lots of classic Blue Bomber gaming, with this entry arguably representing one of the finest classic series releases. We'll be blasting through the 3DS version for a review, but in the meantime you can check out our Wii Virtual Console Mega Man 2 review.
3DS retail demo

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (Atlus, free) — The latest entry in this challenging but popular RPG series is now only a few weeks away in North America, and as promised there's now a demo to get the adventure started. The best thing is that your progress can be carried across to the retail game should you take the plunge; you can't ask for fairer than that.
3DS retail downloads

Brain Age: Concentration Training (Nintendo, $29.99) — The Brain Age series was hugely popular on DS, so Nintendo will be hoping that this new and challenging entry will repeat that success on 3DS. This one focuses on short exercises to improve your focus, and arrives on the eShop alongside the retail release on 10th February; we're putting our minds to bringing you a review soon.
Three previously released retail titles are also making their first appearances on the eShop:
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 3D (Konami, $TBC) — available from 12th February
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D (Ubisoft, $29.99)
Rayman 3D (Ubisoft, $29.99)
DSiWare

Ah! Heaven (CIRCLE Entertainment, 200 Nintendo Points) — One of a number of planned releases from CIRCLE in the next few months, this platformer looks set to offer simple gameplay and 24 stages at a budget price. We'll see whether it's a divine gaming experience in our upcoming review.

Please use this thread to discuss current and future DSi downloadables, including games, applications, and (should it come to pass) a portable virtual console. Instead of making a specific thread about each game, just ask here. There are plenty of people here whom will help you out - just have some patience! All news and rumors in regards to the DSi shop will be found here.

For updates to the Wii shop, please check the official thread here!

Last Updated: 08/13/09@1:49 PM

Posted Image

04/27/09: Added sections to sort games by release date, pricing structure. Hope to add more this week, including a FAQ and perhaps finally making images. Sorted the existing list alphabetically.

04/08/09: Welcome to the alpha build of the DSi shop thread! Many things need to be done which I hope I will complete over the next few days/weeks.
  • Short FAQ
  • Upcoming known releases
  • Block sizes (maybe, since SDHC is enabled at system launch, this shouldn't be all that relevant since you can use a 32GB SD card)
  • Make images for sections
  • DS Demo List

Current titles available:

Current Total: 32 Games
Block Size Range: 6 - 124 (Photo Clock -> Real Soccer 2009)

• American Popstar: Road to Celebrity - 05/25/09 - 125 Blocks - 800 Points
  • Animal Crossing Calculator - 05/04/09 - 17 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Animal Crossing Clock - 05/04/09 - 16 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Art Style: AQUIA - 04/06/09 - 91 Blocks - 500 Points
  • Art Style: Base 10 - 07/06/09 - 97 Blocks - 500 Points
  • Art Style: BOXLIFE - 06/22/09 - 69 Blocks - 500 Points
  • Art Style: PiCTOBiTS - 05/18/09 - 44 Blocks - 500 Points
  • Art Style: precipice - 08/03/09 - 59 Blocks - 500 Points
  • Art Style: Zengage - 07/20/09 - 68 Blocks - 500 Points
  • Asphalt 4: Elite Racing - 07/06/09 - 111 Blocks - 800 Points
  • Bird and Beans - 04/06/09 - 11 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters - 08/10/09 - 80 Blocks - 800 Points
  • Brain Age Express: Math - 04/06/09 - 71 Blocks - 800 Points
  • Brain Challenge - 07/13/09 - 114 Blocks - 800 Points
  • Clubhouse Games Express: Card Classics - 04/27/09 - 32 Blocks - 500 Points
  • Dr. Mario Express - 04/20/09 - 31 Blocks - 500 Points
  • Flipnote Studio - 08/12/09 - 87 Blocks - 0 Points
  • Mario Calculator - 06/15/09 - 14 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Mario Clock - 06/15/09 - 22 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! - 06/08/09 - 117 Blocks - 800 Points
  • Master of Illusion Express: Deep Psyche - 04/20/09 - 18 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Master of Illusion Express: Funny Face - 04/06/09 - 19 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Master of Illusion Express: Shuffle Games - 04/13/09 - 18 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Mighty Flip Champs! - 06/01/09 - 48 Blocks - 800 Points
  • Mixed Messages - 04/13/09 - 55 Blocks - 500 Points
  • Nintendo DSi Browser - 04/06/09 - 96 Blocks - 0 Points
  • Paper Airplane Chase - 04/27/09 - 12 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Photo Clock - 05/25/09 - 6 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Real Soccer 2009 - 05/11/09 - 124 Blocks - 800 Points
  • SUDOKU MASTER - 06/29/09 - 29 Blocks - 500 Points
  • Sudoku Student - 07/27/09 - 29 Blocks - 200 Points
  • Warioware: Snapped! - 04/06/09 - 61 Blocks - 500 Points

Games sorted by release date:

Spoiler

Games sorted point levels (Pricing):

Spoiler

Important Information:

Note that Nintendo is currently offering 1,000 points free with purchase of a DSi system, so long as you connect it to the shop before October 5th of this year. So you have roughly six months to do it. It has been noted that this might encourage people to buy a system now versus waiting for a price drop, since it is highly unlikely that a drop will occur before October. (Personally I think a drop might occur in time for the holidays depending on how well this thing sells, which we won't know for a while.)

Edited by Strell, 20 February 2012 - 08:54 PM.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#2 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:01 PM

Using this spot for the weekly press release:

Nintendo DSiWare for 8/10/09

Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters
Publisher: Nintendo
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Language
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: This edition of the popular Brain Age series offers players a mix of new and familiar exercises, all with an artistic focus. Test your spelling in Word Attack, enjoy literary classics in Reading Aloud and tune your musical skills in Piano Player. A new Themes mode challenges you in drawing, photography and voice acting and lets you share your creativity with friends and family. And if you need a break, the always-enjoyable Virus Buster makes its return. Prepare for another round of training your brain in minutes a day.

Flipnote Studio Released on 8/12/09

Flipnote Studio/Flipnote Hatena released for the United States and Canada Add Star

Flipnote Hatena Service Now Online

Hatena is proud to announce the launch of Flipnote Hatena – a web service for posting and sharing Flipnotes - for the United States and Canada. This service is used in conjunction with Flipnote Studio, available for download from the Nintendo DSi Shop starting today.

Flipnote Studio is a free, downloadable Nintendo DSiWare application available to any Nintendo DSi user with access to a wireless broadband internet connection. By connecting to the internet and accessing Flipnote Hatena through Flipnote Studio, you can post your own Flipnotes, view Flipnotes posted by other users, add ☆ to your favorites and more.

Posted Flipnotes can also be viewed on the Flipnote Hatena website, provided by Hatena Co., Ltd. Log in to this website with a Hatena ID to have even more fun with Flipnotes with features such as posting comments and sorting Flipnotes by channel.

Edited by Strell, 12 August 2009 - 07:57 PM.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#3 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

:rofl: "Birds and Beans"???

And wow, I did not know about the 1000 points! I'll def have a DSi before Oct 5. Gotta wait for these paychecks to start rollin in! :bomb:

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#4 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

:rofl: "Birds and Beans"???

Apparently it's a hidden game buried deep within the Warioware titles, and is known as "Pyoro." Here's a flash version. Gee, if the browser supported flash, you could just play it for free. :p

People say it's actually quite good. I'm going to snag AQUIA and wait for a week or two on other stuff.

Posted Image

#5 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

Nah, it'd be a rip-off if they directly ported Paper Airplane and Pyoro as is. Maybe as a FREE version, okay. But I see new options in videos and screens for them (courses, vs. for Airplane, new stuff and bird in Birds and Beans).

#6 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

Birds and Beans has two games, Birds and Beans and Birds and Beans 2. You have to unlock the latter. It's the only thing I've downloaded so far. Yes, it is fun for a while, but it is very simple and should either be free, or we should be getting the entire WarioWare game it comes from for that price. Here's to hoping that future offerings are a lot better, but in the short term, with the prospect of more "Express" paid demos on the way, it's not looking bright.
Posted Image

#7 dallow

dallow

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hungry for more!

Bought Aquia and that's it for the current crop of stuff.
Hoping for some the cool Japanese DSiWare titles I've been drooling over!

#8 shlby

shlby

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

http://en.wikipedia....nd_applications

This link may also help with this thread strell.
Posted Image

#9 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:51 AM

http://nintendo.joys...iware-releases/
Nintendo of Europe revealed their April-June Wiiware and DSiWare lineup, and if the US goes the same route, then the next Art-Style game should be Art Style: PiCOPiCT. It's essentially Tetris combined with Picross, NES characters, and remixed NES music from chiptune artist YMCK.

#10 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:35 AM

Damn, that looks fun.

#11 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:16 PM

Art Style: PiCOPiCT does look pretty good. I'll be looking forward to that one. It isn't anything like Picross, though, other then having squares in it.
Posted Image

#12 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

Gotta keep an eye on this stuff.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#13 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

Two more Art Style games, released in Japan but not announced yet for overseas, to look out for are...
Art Style: Nalaku
One day you're the most important guy who ever lived
It reminds me of Intelligent Qube, for the PSOne. That was a fun game, and this one looks good too.

Art Style: Hacolife
Next day you're some schmo working in a box factory
"I heard that."
Nice theme song.

#14 dallow

dallow

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Really want Hacolife. Box Life. Super Life.

#15 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:50 AM

Art Style: PiCOPiCT does look pretty good. I'll be looking forward to that one. It isn't anything like Picross, though, other then having squares in it.

As you progress you complete a picture. It's small, but its a similarity.

#16 KingCrow02

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:50 AM

Cool thread, can I suggest that the thread post the latest Firmware version just as a reference so we can all keep up to date. I believe the newest is 1.3U.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

#17 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:16 AM

My brother grabbed one, logged on, got his 1,000 points, then packed it up and continued playing this Lite. He thinks most of the really good d/l games will be releasing close to or after October 5th (for the holidays).

#18 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:43 AM

Man, wish there was a list of the schedule. Really want Puzzle League Express and PiCOPiCT.

#19 LostRoad

LostRoad

I just want to wake up.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:41 AM

I am sure this has been covered else where, but are the DSi dl games locked by region or can you buy things off the JPN store?
No matter how good looking she is, some one some where is sick of her shit.

Posted Image

#20 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:08 PM

Crappy way to start the second week of releases, Ninty. REAL crappy.

#21 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

I am sure this has been covered else where, but are the DSi dl games locked by region or can you buy things off the JPN store?

Pretty sure they are region locked. I'm wondering if the...uh....corny-movie-starring-Angelina-Jolie-with-the-dood-from-Trainspotting-from-the-90s scene will find a way around that.

Crappy way to start the second week of releases, Ninty. REAL crappy.

Oh, I'd say anyone following the saga of Wiiware/VC releases for the past two years has built up a small immunity to this sort of thing.

Besides, Mixed Messages sounds like fun, despite the fact that it requires friends and SHOULD (in my opinion) be cheaper. Technically you could do it with Pictochat but not as easily or well.

Posted Image

#22 LostRoad

LostRoad

I just want to wake up.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

Well I guess I can hope that Sega will put out the PS:Zero mini mission but I doubt it. Fucking Sega:bomb:

Posted Image

#23 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:52 PM

It would make MORE sense if they put out the actual game it takes after first.

#24 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

I'm glad I chose this week to send my son's DS Lite off for repair and to lend them my DSi in the mean time. Of course, next week is probably going to turn out to be an ideal week for them to borrow it as well.
Posted Image

#25 dallow

dallow

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

Was really hoping for another Art Style game. :(
I caved and bought Brain Age Math just because I wanted another game.

#26 shlby

shlby

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

I don't really understand these "Magic trick simulations". Is it really necessary to use a DS for magic tricks? I'm totally not getting the scope of the product.

Now if it could magically clone my DSi, then I would gladly spend the 2 bucks.

Oh, and www.brokenpicturetelephone.com is pretty much mixed messages.
Posted Image

#27 dallow

dallow

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

I don't really understand these "Magic trick simulations". Is it really necessary to use a DS for magic tricks? I'm totally not getting the scope of the product.

Now if it could magically clone my DSi, then I would gladly spend the 2 bucks.

Oh, and www.brokenpicturetelephone.com is pretty much mixed messages.

That's the link I was looking for. I heard the same.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#28 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

If anyone ever plays that game with me, they are getting purple monkey dishwasher'd.

Posted Image

#29 LostRoad

LostRoad

I just want to wake up.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:56 AM

It would make MORE sense if they put out the actual game it takes after first.

And what makes you think that? You can not import chars from PS:Zero into it, you can pick from three premade ones for a score attack mini game to give people a feel for the game.Seeing how it only cost 200 points it is more of a paid demo. Your not allowed at the adult table any more.

Posted Image

#30 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:57 AM

Tag... and thus far I havent seen anything I want to drop even the "free" points on.