3DS[i] eShop Shop Thread:**LAST DAY TO GET ZELDA 4 SWORDS FOR FREE**

• Please log in to reply
882 replies to this topic

#31 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:00 AM

Anybody try out the web browser for the DSi? I've heard that it's supposed to be a major improvement over the original DS/Lite Browser.

#32 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:09 AM

Anybody try out the web browser for the DSi? I've heard that it's supposed to be a major improvement over the original DS/Lite Browser.

It works just fine, but it's nothing special.

#33 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

It works just fine, but it's nothing special.

Would you say that it would be good for checking emails and CAG while on the go (maybe some other simplish tasks)?

#34 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:30 AM

Would you say that it would be good for checking emails and CAG while on the go (maybe some other simplish tasks)?

I've had no trouble using it to latch onto unsecured networks to check Gmail. I always opt to use the simplified HTML setting when I'm doing that. It works pretty well. I haven't tried responding to anything since I'm never in that much of a rush.

I've used it to check a few other sites - GoNintendo, Digg, Penny Arcade. It works, but given the way it is designed, it's kind of difficult to read long sentences. You have to scroll left and right and usually you'll lose track of where you are.

I still need to get a list of sites designed for mobile use. Might make things easier.

In terms of speed, I think it's fast enough to warrant usage in situations where you really need to check e-mail, or are bored. Don't expect it to load super fast, don't expect it to run Youtube, etc. It's a basic connection - kind of a last resort. It's functional in the bottom-rung-of-the-ladder sort of way.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#35 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:21 AM

Think Netscape Navigator 4.0. :P

#36 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

Are current Wii Points cards valid to get DSi points with, or do you HAVE to get one of the newer cards that specifically say "Nintendo Points?"
Posted Image

#37 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:33 PM

I can attest from experiance Wii points cards do work as DSi points.

But once redemmed on the DSi they are only usable from the DSi. Points do not carry over from teh wii and the DSi which is a bummer really if you ask me.
[FONT="]Posted ImagePosted Image

[/FONT]

#38 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:06 AM

Anyone know where there's an upcoming release list? Like to know what's coming before I get disappointed on the day they're out.

#39 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:24 AM

I can attest from experiance Wii points cards do work as DSi points.

But once redemmed on the DSi they are only usable from the DSi. Points do not carry over from teh wii and the DSi which is a bummer really if you ask me.

The popular theory here is that Nintendo didn't plan on debuting digital distribution on a portable anytime soon and/or during the Wii's lifetime, and thus the system isn't set up to be uniform across the board for both platforms. This creates the need for a second account that is DSi specific.

Not the greatest answer in the world, nor one I'm happy with, but that appears to be the case. It's a slight bummer. Hopefully Amazon steps in and sets up the same thing they just did with XBLA.

Anyone know where there's an upcoming release list? Like to know what's coming before I get disappointed on the day they're out.

I'll work on getting one together soon. Suffice to say, the best upcoming known titles are the ArtStyle series. There should be videos on the first page of this thread.

Hopefully we'll get a lot of announcements at E3.

Posted Image

Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#40 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:34 AM

Not just the Art Style series. There's...

Puzzle League (REALLY waiting on this)
Dr. Mario (only if you somehow don't have it)
PiCOPiCT
Mighty Flip Champs (it's from the same people who brought Contra 4 and Shantae; 'nuff said)
Clubhouse Games (depending on your tastes; plus if you don't own the actual game)
Solitaire (this is like when you're REALLY REALLY bored and want to kill a few minutes; it's at least 200 points)
Paper Airplane (another for the 200 crowd)
Kogorashi Katamari Damacy
Moving Memo Pad

#41 muncle

muncle

Proud Filipino!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:38 AM

It's a long shot but I really hope HACOLIFE gets released tomorrow, or even in the States in general!
Gamertag : Plus Forty Four
Posted Image

#42 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:41 AM

I'll take ANY Art Style game. AQUIA didn't appeal to me though.

#43 muncle

muncle

Proud Filipino!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:49 AM

I'll take ANY Art Style game. AQUIA didn't appeal to me though.

I liked it, but it got way too hard in just a few levels..maybe i'm not playing it correctly.
Gamertag : Plus Forty Four
Posted Image

#44 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:49 AM

Bah. AQUIA is great fun. Very challenging. I'm still working out the proper strategy. Huge amount of replay too. I've burned several hours on it already with almost Picross-like obsession.

Plus I tend to like any game where my movements generate musical notes (Lumines, Space Invaders Extreme...). Plus it's delightful chiptune stuff. I can't get enough of that.

Posted Image

#45 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

Nintendo DSiWare

Dr. Mario Express (Nintendo, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Nintendo DSi Points™): Mario once again dons his stethoscope to battle the forces of illness in this downloadable version of the classic puzzle game. Use vitamins to eliminate viruses in Classic mode, or play against a computer opponent in Vs. CPU mode. Make an appointment with Dr. Mario today.

Master of Illusion Express: Deep Psyche (Nintendo, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 200 Nintendo DSi Points): Master of Illusion Express titles offer mind-bending magic tricks pulled from the popular Nintendo DS™ game. Learn the illusions, practice up and amaze your friends. Master of Illusion Express: Deep Psyche asks a series of pointed questions and reveals a startling truth.

Call the doctor. He's got the cure!

Spoiler

#46 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:54 PM

Dr. Mario Express is tempting. I think I'll buy.

...BUT IT'S NOT UP YET.

Edited by Nohbdy, 20 April 2009 - 02:06 PM.

#47 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:48 PM

Dr. Mario never did much for me. I suppose I should give it another try, but then again, maybe not. I wonder how long before they announce and release a DSi VC in the US? When is the VC suppose to come out in Japan?

Crunchewy.png

#48 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

I wonder how long before they announce and release a DSi VC in the US? When is the VC suppose to come out in Japan?

It's not announced for anywhere yet. It's all rumor and speculation. The only "evidence" is people being told by the reps at the DSi pre-launch parties, and I'm telling you guys now that those kids had no damn clue since they were most likely PR temps.

IF it comes true, it won't happen before E3. I'm still not convinced it's happening, even though there's strong inclination that it should. I mean, there's no way they can keep up shop releases with fresh content very long.

The Wii VC has just been an exercise in patience and frustration so much that I'm wondering if Nintendo is no longer excited about the idea as they were three years ago, when it felt more vibrant and alive. Now it's shackled with licensing issues even for their own titles, developers complaining about losing money due to ESRB ratings, and apparently releasing titles at a bafflingly slow rate.

So yeah. Wait until E3.

Posted Image

#49 shlby

shlby

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

So...more magic? I never realized I signed up for a magic show from nintendo of america....but wait....maybe me signing up WAS the magic trick.....

Please nintendo, show me some new Artstyle games.....not "smoke & mirrors".
Posted Image

#50 dallow

dallow

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

Plus I tend to like any game where my movements generate musical notes (Lumines, Space Invaders Extreme...). Plus it's delightful chiptune stuff. I can't get enough of that.

I like those kind of games too.
Have you played the XBL Community game Groove?

It's almost like Everyday Shooter on PSN, just not as polished, but still very fun with the notes being made as you shoot things. I think cheap too, 200 points.

---

I'll be picking up Dr. Mario just because the music is burned into my brain even though I never played it after the NES days.

C'mon Art Style next week!
Also, I don't think we'll get Moving Memo Pad anytime soon, but I'll hope.

#51 Strell

Strell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

. I think cheap too, 200 points.

Is it worthy enough for my 11000+ points?

Being lord is such a bother....*motions peasant to fetch me my controller*

Posted Image

#52 dallow

dallow

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

Grrrr!

Just play it!

---

I'll hold off on Dr. Mario until I see some video.
I want to know what modes and such it has. I heard the music was remixed, and there's already a Virus Buster mode in Brain Age Express anyway.

#53 shlby

shlby

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:28 PM

I'll hold off on Dr. Mario until I see some video.
I want to know what modes and such it has. I heard the music was remixed, and there's already a Virus Buster mode in Brain Age Express anyway.

"Dr. Mario Express is a simple portable version of Dr. Mario. But beware - You can only play the classic mode or Vs. CPU, there's no multiplayer mode! Naturally this also means there's no online. If you enjoy classic mode then this should be a good pick, but if you'd rather play against others stick with Dr. Mario Online RX on the Wii."

Source: http://www.nintendol...ystal_defenders
Posted Image

#54 dallow

dallow

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:45 PM

:(

#55 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

I wish Nintendo would give me a reason to buy a DSi.

I was really hoping VC style SNES games would appear on the system.

#56 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

It's not announced for anywhere yet. It's all rumor and speculation. The only "evidence" is people being told by the reps at the DSi pre-launch parties, and I'm telling you guys now that those kids had no damn clue since they were most likely PR temps.

Dang. I could have sworn I read that it was "announced" in Japan, but now searching for it turns up nothing but rumors. Was wishful thinking, I guess. Sigh.

I may end up getting Dr. Mario just because I'd like to get *something*, which I suppose means Nintendo wins. It pisses me off that there is no local wireless nor wifi multiplayer, though. I think it's ridiculous that DSiWare games are less then DS or even GBA games. Shouldn't they be trying to sell the DSi with this stuff? I'd be happy to pay 1000 points for a real game. Heck, I might pay even more for one. The convenience of being able to play without a cartridge, and carrying a bunch of games without cartridges, would be a big win. As it is, I keep thinking maybe I should sell the thing and forget about the DS. Of course I haven't done that....

Crunchewy.png

#57 KingCrow02

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:09 PM

Still have not used my 1,000 points yet. I do not see any titles worthy yet.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

#58 PleasantOne

PleasantOne

It's a TRAAAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

I hate to play the devil's advocate, but it's only been out a little over two weeks, people.

Of course, it's been out in Japan longer, and no VC. I'm not sure what their DSiware looks like.

I do fully agree the selection so far is fairly sad... you know it will pick up, though, just as the Wii VC and Wiiware did. Ninetendo likea da money...
Posted Image
Currently playing: Grad school... I give it a thumbs down

#59 dallow

dallow

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

It's poor, but it's cheap too.

I have 3 games and really like the Brain Training, though I know it's not for everyone.

#60 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:34 PM

I think I probably shouldn't have bought a DSi so soon. I should have waited until there was a well established downloadable library already. But, I've got one, so now I'll probably be complaining for a long while yet. :) Even just one juicy download, though, and I'll probably be happy enough for a while. Come on Nintendo, you know you can do it!

Crunchewy.png