Photo
- - - - -

Tom Clancy's EndWar w/Headset & Rock Revolution w/Drums (PS3) $40 each at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 butaneko

butaneko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:29 PM

Reluctantly bit! My backlog is getting ridiculous. But Cheapy was firing his load all over this headset when he got it. Hopefully I'll do the same. (yes, literally)

#32 Boeing 747

Boeing 747

In The Name of Harman...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

This is a really good deal I've had my eye on for about a month, but I'd call your Blockbusters before hand and see if they have the SOCOM bundle in, they sell it for $35.

In End War vs SOCOM, I've heard Socom has been much improved since launch and it's a lot more enjoyable.

#33 dvader

dvader

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

I just bit the bait. Crossing my fingers that the headset is the PS3 official one. I looked up on Amazon and it says it's the "official" headset, and the box was the same box as the one on Newegg. I hope by "official" they mean "official sony PS3"!

#34 dvader

dvader

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

Does anyone know if the official headset that comes bundled with the game has the charging stand? The picture shows that it does, but I spotted the following article so I'm a bit confused.

http://www.eurogamer...headset-bundles

Edit: Nevermind, it seems like it does include the USB cable and charger. http://www.zappos.co...3842_vs_7531584

In for one along with Field Commander for PSP that's $10 right now. Thanks!

Crap, the picture on zappos.com is different from the one on newegg. zappos actually shows the picture of the headset that bundles, but newegg just says headset included. On the other hand, amazon has the same picture as newegg, and in the product description it says it's the official headset. Any opinions? I already bought the bundle, so it's not like it matters to me anymore... I really hope...

#35 linkmon

linkmon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:06 PM

If you want just the headset, assuming it's the same one, GameFly has Warhawk for $28 shipped:

http://www.gamefly.c...Warhawk/122520/

The game is used, but maybe the headset will be new?

The Warhawk headset is a piece of crap Motorola cheap one.

"Tattaglia was a pimp.....He never could of out fought Santino.......

What I didn't know until this day, that it was Barzini all along."

#36 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

crap, another good deal from newegg this month. i was gonna wait but i think i'll get it now. i need the headset anyways and that's a good price compared to other retailers. i bit.

I just bit the bait. Crossing my fingers that the headset is the PS3 official one. I looked up on Amazon and it says it's the "official" headset, and the box was the same box as the one on Newegg. I hope by "official" they mean "official sony PS3"!

it's official. i saw this bundle at my local Best Buy a while back.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#37 KarlMarx

KarlMarx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

I bit. I was looking for a PS3 headset for when I get LBP and need to communicate. This will do nicely, and the extra game is a bonus.
Posted Image

#38 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

sigh.... I bit, but hate that I have to pay for a headset.... sigh. The headset I have now has a lot of feedback and I feel really guilty turning it on. Sony points and Cashback sweeten the deal by a couple bucks.

#39 dipic

dipic

Paradoxical

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the info...neither game is too special at $40. So I'm gonna pass

No kidding. What makes the deals special are the headset and the drum set.

#40 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:49 PM

Been looking for an excuse to make a newegg order, can't resist a free game/free headset (depending how you want to look at it), bye bye Socom 1, wired, logitech headset :lol:

Guardian_owl.png

#41 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

Hmm, can't decide if I should go with this (EndWar) for the headset, or the Socom bundle (I have Sony rewards points.) If I were to get just one, which is the better game?

I was just planning on getting the headset through the reward site

WakaBrea.png

#42 dvader

dvader

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:12 PM

crap, another good deal from newegg this month. i was gonna wait but i think i'll get it now. i need the headset anyways and that's a good price compared to other retailers. i bit.

it's official. i saw this bundle at my local Best Buy a while back.

Cool. Can't wait. I bought this one mainly for KZ2 voice chat with my clanmates.

#43 PanzerNinja

PanzerNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:41 AM

Sweet. I'm in for one.

#44 c4tp

c4tp

Not cat pee.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

It is. It matches the design of the PS3 and looks pretty cool. Sound quality is good and the mic is strong. As far as comfort goes I shouldn't be the judge because I think all BT headsets are uncomfortable. I hardly use it anymore since I got a stereo headset, but it was worth it. What I did was bought this bundle and sold End War for $10 less.

#45 Blog Marley

Blog Marley

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:03 PM

is endwar any good? ill check out the demo when i get home.

#46 hpv

hpv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:01 AM

Guys, the headset is FANTASTIC! It's easily worth the $40 price. If I didn't already have one and hadn't already picked one up for both my brother and nephew I'd be all over this.

Please, as someone who plays on PSN pretty regularly, I'm BEGGING you guys to buy this fucking thing if you don't already have one! The sound quality is great, it has a dedicated mute button, is exceptionally comfortable for a Bluetooth headset, and it links with the PS3 the same way as the controllers so you don't have to mess with holding down buttons to pair it up. So do everyone involved a favor and snatch it up. You can probably flip the Endwar for at least $15 and that makes this a VERY nice deal indeed.

#47 WisCubsFan

WisCubsFan

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:15 AM

Newegg doesn't offer free shipping on the end war bundle for me. Lame. :/

#48 r1tony

r1tony

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:56 AM

Thanks I bit. I can get my jawbone bluetooth back from my daughter now!

#49 pwrdbykimchi

pwrdbykimchi

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:16 AM

I paid $40 for the headset back in November 2008. Absolutely worth it.

#50 ohboy10451

ohboy10451

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

does endwar have trophies?

WakaBrea.png

#51 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

does endwar have trophies?

Yep.

http://playstation.j...clancys-endwar/
Posted Image

#52 soriku

soriku

legends fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

wtf I just open end war and there is no headset .I call ubisoft and there say that it is not their fault they never offered Endwar with a headset.

Posted Image

By soriku1989 at 2011-03-07

#53 dvader

dvader

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:05 AM

wtf I just open end war and there is no headset .I call ubisoft and there say that it is not their fault they never offered Endwar with a headset.

tha'ts BS on Ubi's part. It's in news articles and stuff that they offered the limited editions with headsets. You prolly talked to a newb service guy from overseas. Are you sure you ordered the one that has headset included, because there is also EndWar without headset on newegg: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879267042

#54 soriku

soriku

legends fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:27 AM

tha'ts BS on Ubi's part. It's in news articles and stuff that they offered the limited editions with headsets. You prolly talked to a newb service guy from overseas. Are you sure you ordered the one that has headset included, because there is also EndWar without headset on newegg: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879267042

I am 100 percent sure that I ordered the right endwar and I've got the pics to prove it .

Posted Image

This is everything that came in the box the game the USB cord the cradle some rubber ring thing but no headset .I called Newegg first and they told me to call the ubisoft .I call ubisoft and the rep told me that they don't offer that product and that the retailers fault. I called Newegg back and they told me they give a response in 24 hours.

I think that ubisoft is at fault here. the box came in shrink wrap in near perfect condition (small dent in box ).The only thing that looked out of place was this small piece of tape with brown cardboard on the end. It's my guess that the headset was in a small brown box which somehow got misplaced during packaging.

Posted Image

Posted Image

By soriku1989 at 2011-03-07

#55 dvader

dvader

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:43 AM

wow that sucks. Your luck is like... prolly one in 10k. yeah it looks like the original packers forgot to put the most important part into the box. Newegg is pretty good with customer service, so I think you're in good shape. Lol i was scared the thing i ordered would come with a piece-of-junk headset, but obviously the headset is the good one.

#56 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

I am 100 percent sure that I ordered the right endwar and I've got the pics to prove it .

This is everything that came in the box the game the USB cord the cradle some rubber ring thing but no headset .I called Newegg first and they told me to call the ubisoft .I call ubisoft and the rep told me that they don't offer that product and that the retailers fault. I called Newegg back and they told me they give a response in 24 hours.

I think that ubisoft is at fault here. the box came in shrink wrap in near perfect condition (small dent in box ).The only thing that looked out of place was this small piece of tape with brown cardboard on the end. It's my guess that the headset was in a small brown box which somehow got misplaced during packaging.

That sucks dude. I just got mine and it had everything. The headset itself didn't come in a brown box, just another bubble wrapper.
FadeToOne.png

#57 dvader

dvader

Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:22 PM

yeah me too. I got mine yesterday and it works perfectly! This is such a great deal.

#58 bones56

bones56

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

yeah thats too bad, I just got mine a few days ago. I saw it at BB this weekend for 89.99!! Crazy!

Posted Image