Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

Affordable? I think not. 

Obamacare leaves Las Vegas man owing $407,000 in doctor bills

#5432 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

His bill would have been the very same had the Affordable Care Act never been thought of, let alone passed.

Damning evidence indeed. Derp.

Try again.

Posted Image

#5433 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

I didn't realize that the federal government was responsible for the state's own exchange portals and a private insurance company's administrative duties.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#5434 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

His bill would have been the very same had the Affordable Care Act never been thought of, let alone passed.

Damning evidence indeed. Derp.

Try again.

So in other words ACA did not make healthcare more affordable? 

#5435 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

Had my first Obamacare casualty today.

A young woman I follow for a seizure disorder came in for follow-up.  Because of Obamacare, her employer health care plan was canceled so she was forced to pick a new plan from the exchanges.  She ended up with an inferior plan with a high deductible so her visit with me would have be paid completely by her until she met the deductible instead of just a regular copay from her prior plan.  When she found out about this on checking in, she declined to be seen, stating she couldn't afford it and left.

This is just the beginning.

#5436 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

43298453.jpg

#5437 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:18 AM

You know, every time you post a troll meme, it just further entrenches the fact that you have literally nothing of value to contribute. You're a 3rd string troll and I've been trolled by better. Keep posting those memes though, let's see what you've got.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#5438 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:33 AM

Had my first Obamacare casualty today.

A young woman I follow for a seizure disorder came in for follow-up.  Because of Obamacare, her employer health care plan was canceled so she was forced to pick a new plan from the exchanges.  She ended up with an inferior plan with a high deductible so her visit with me would have be paid completely by her until she met the deductible instead of just a regular copay from her prior plan.  When she found out about this on checking in, she declined to be seen, stating she couldn't afford it and left.

This is just the beginning.

I'm calling bullshit.   When I had employee plans we changed them yearly always looking for a better deal (usually with less coverage). This happens with insurance...I am surprised you don't know this (or an deliberately misleading). Ever had a patient leave because their company change plans? Yes Obama was an idiot for the "if you like you plan you can keep it comment" but that doesn't change the fact that this was happening already. 

So did her employer drop her? Yeah, that's Obama's fault. ACA doesn't remove accountability.  If she had a existing disorder (this would make it hard to find a new plan when her employer dropped her) she would maybe need to have better insurance.

Too many holes.... 3/10

#5439 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

Yay over-inflated health insurance for everyone!

Thought this was about rising cost of health care though.

do you not understand the concept of preventative care? Guess not.

#5440 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:52 AM

I understand that having health insurance coverage doesn't eliminate the cost of prevenative care, doesn't change the culture around prevenative care, nor does it magically change bad habits into good ones, which is the most important type of prevention.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#5441 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

The rats are starting to leave the sinking ship. 

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c2

#5442 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

The rats are starting to leave the sinking ship. 

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_c2

http://www.cnn.com/2...ment/index.html

said ship is reaching its destination slightly ahead of schedule.

wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell

#5443 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...ment/index.html

said ship is reaching its destination slightly ahead of schedule.

Said confused ship which still does not know where the crew came from. 

#5444 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

Said confused ship which still does not know where the crew came from. 

The trip is gonna cost less than projected: http://1upwallstreet...-than-expected/

#5445 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

The trip is gonna cost less than projected: http://1upwallstreet...-than-expected/

Less than projected but at what cost? How much will be added to the deficit? 

#5446 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:57 PM

nothing.  ITS FREE FOR THE BY THE PEOPLE (WITH THEM DARN JERBS)

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5447 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:24 AM

CBO projects ACA costs higher than initially claimed: "Rabble rabble they're in 'pub's pockets rabble rabble!"
CBO projects ACA costs lower than initially claimed: "Told ya so! CBO says it, so it must be true!"

#5448 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

Obamacare signups hit 8 million, and 80-85% of them have paid their premiums.

#5449 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

I would like to know how many are signed up for a true insurance plan that they pay for all of it, how many are signed up and are covered through medicaid and medicare, and how much is being paid out in subsidies.  Then again I won't give a shit if I never see that data either.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#5450 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

after this whole Cliven Bundy deal, I'm surprised conservatives are still interested whether people play their bills. 

#5451 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

after this whole Cliven Bundy deal, I'm surprised conservatives are still interested whether people play their bills.

A little off topic but I took an opportunity to read through a Washington Post article outlining the whole ordeal from beginning to end

http://m.washingtonp...ral-government/

I guess I'm just not sure why he feels entitled to graze his cattle on lands he doesn't own in the first place. Sure they're publicly owned, and I'd be interested in the finer details of the grazing permit but essentially he doesn't own that land to begin with.

The reason the permit is important is because if it is a license, then it is revocable at will by the grantor, the federal government. If it's an easement it gets a little murkier because easements can be for an indefinite period of time. I'm tending to think it's a license though because it would be quite foolish to grant an easement for grazing.

People such a Cliven Bundy who are so concerned about individual rights, and the rights of landowners particularly, should be cognizant that they're trespassing on someone else's land. If this was a dispute between 2 farmers you can damn well bet the trespasser would be in the wrong but because it's the federal government that holds title it's somehow different?

#5452 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

I don't care about Al Bundy's retarded entitled fourth cousin.  So get the Fuck out of here with that crap.

1386057060920.jpg

#5453 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

Omg the first non sequitur in CAG history..deal with it dude

that's right only the poor who "get stuff" are relevant to the discussion. I forgot how you guys operate. I doubt you would really "like to know". If the answer came back that doesn't support your worldview..you probably already have an excuse at the ready.

(and side note. Al bundy? really dude? was Archie Bunker taken?

#5454 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

is archie bunker's last name bundy too?  (spoiler alert it isn't)

you do know that disagreeing with implementation of one man's opinion of a solution does not mean that I do not think the poor need help or that a system is broken (a system with no checks or balances with never ending cost increases and profiteering centered around the care of someone's right to life? fail). 

free your mind lad

free_your_mind.jpg

#5455 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

I've noticed Fox News sold some Obamacare while shitting in it's mouth. Damn media powerhouse can't even troll properly. I'd imagine you could pull some stellar numbers when a bunch of whitey's are continuously hating on the black man's attempts to "save live's". Even if the entire system is fundamentally flawed.

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#5456 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

The huh?

Posted Image

#5457 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:46 AM

I meant black man's in general not directly "the black man" (Obama) in detailing the narrative.

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#5458 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

Oh, well, that turns your post around and now it makes complete and total sense.

;)

Posted Image

#5459 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

Y'know, I remember this thread going into racial territory, so I thought I'd toss this article into the mix, and see if it counters any of the statements made (I honestly don't remember).

http://money.cnn.com...html?hpt=hp_bn3

#5460 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

white people fucking everyone over.  keeping brown down yet again.