GoGamer 4th of July Madness

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 powersurge

powersurge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:45 AM

Some great deals import versions or not this time around. I picked up End War (360), Rise of the Argonauts (360), and Warhammer Battle March (pc). I'm really excited to try out End War's voice command system.

#92 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:56 AM

So, with anno 1404 everything is in english? the game, package, instructions, etc? Please someone tell me.

#93 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

So, with anno 1404 everything is in english? the game, package, instructions, etc? Please someone tell me.

I have never received an import title from GoGamer that wasn't from the UK.

#94 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

so, is the language in UK or in english?

#95 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

I believe the standard ANNO 1404 is multi-language between English, French, Italian, and Spanish. Germans got their own version and Dawn of Discovery I think is English-only.

There's a possibility it's in British English as opposed to American English (ie Colour/Color), but it won't be an issue at all. There are no conflicts between the two languages if you install it on an American English computer.

#96 Gaming-Module

Gaming-Module

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

I'm sorry, but this made me fall out of my chair.

#97 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Thinking about getting:
Microsoft Blue Optical Mouse x2
Age of Conan CE
Unreal Tournament 3
Spellforce Universe
Painkiller Universe
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 & 4

Any comments for or against these games? Anything I should know about any of these titles (problems , better/cheaper on steam , ect.)?

#98 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

Well, the Blue Optical mouse is out of stock since the second or third hour of the sale.

I got Painkiller Gold (PK1 and the expansion. No Overdose.) from Big Lots. If you can actually make it through all the games in that pack without ever putting it down and saying "Okay, I had fun, but I have had all the PK I can take," you're a mightier man than I.

UT3 is a great deal if you don't have it yet. Probably same for HoMM3/4 though you missed out on HoMM5 for sale on Steam. I bought HoMM3 complete for $9 at HPB and feel kinda stupid now. Main thing I don't like about HoMM3 is that I can't no-cd crack the damn thing. I hate switching discs.

Bit on Call Juarez 1, Obscure 2, and Lost Planet CE even though I shouldn't have. CoJ is probably the only non-terrible one of the bunch.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#99 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

Well, the Blue Optical mouse is out of stock since the second or third hour of the sale.

I got Painkiller Gold (PK1 and the expansion. No Overdose.) from Big Lots. If you can actually make it through all the games in that pack without ever putting it down and saying "Okay, I had fun, but I have had all the PK I can take," you're a mightier man than I.

UT3 is a great deal if you don't have it yet. Probably same for HoMM3/4 though you missed out on HoMM5 for sale on Steam. I bought HoMM3 complete for $9 at HPB and feel kinda stupid now. Main thing I don't like about HoMM3 is that I can't no-cd crack the damn thing. I hate switching discs.

Bit on Call Juarez 1, Obscure 2, and Lost Planet CE even though I shouldn't have. CoJ is probably the only non-terrible one of the bunch.

Didn't check to see whether any of the items were still in stock or not. No biggie , since I usually end up forgetting to order anything from the gogamer sales , even if I see something I like.:bomb: So no big deal about the mouse being out of stock.

I did get HoMM5 from Steam. Does that mean I should/could skip 3 & 4?

#100 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

You COULD but for the price you may as well grab them. HoMM5, especially with expansions and now patches, is a worthy sequel to HoMM3. I think people who say otherwise are blinded by nostalgia.

Of course, this doesn't remove the value inherent in HoMM3 and the like. Go for it.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#101 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

Bit on UT3 and Oblivion for PC.

76561197983083270.png

#102 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

Crap, had Stormrise (360) and Rise of the Argonauts (360) in my cart this morning then took the dogs for a walk before checking out and now Stormrise is out of stock. If anyone happened to pick up an extra copy shoot me a PM and maybe we can work out a deal.
How high is your True GamerScore? Join the CAG Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.com to find out!

Join the CAG GamerScore Whore Group here!

#103 jon714

jon714

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:37 PM

What's it mean when they have an "(I)" in the PC game listing over there? Import Version?

I'm still not happy about the activation limit on Anno 1404 but $30 is getting me closer to tolerating it.

I was thinking the same thing, but i'm going to have to bite. The game looks to good to pass on this deal. N-4-1.

#104 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

I wanted to bite on Fight Night 4, but the International version scared me off a bit. Not sure exactly why, maybe it's a future DLC concern, but that was a smokin price. Hopefully in another couple weeks the US version of FN will drop down to around $50 in some stores, or with free shipping.

#105 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:59 PM

Yes.

#106 Chuckiefresh

Chuckiefresh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

I picked up Call of Juarez and Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway in a previous Gogamer sale.

Call of Juarez had a pretty good story, graphics that were a bit dated, and decent gameplay. Kept me entertained enough to beat the game and was well worth the 5 bucks. I'd probably give it a 7/10 but considering the price that's still good value for the money.

Brothers in Arms I'm still working on beating but thus far I really like the cinematic scenes that are used liberally throughout the game. It's a first person shooter/war strategy game and is also well worth it for this price. I'd give it an 8/10.

#107 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:59 AM

I'm contemplating getting NCAA Football 2010, but I think I can get it for less than $50, hopefully gameroomdeals???? Pleeease

#108 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:42 AM

The deals almost over. I went to place my order and I get this....

We are currently performing maintenance of our online store to serve you better. GoGamer.com will be available again shortly!

:(

#109 halomaster

halomaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:33 AM

Crap, had Stormrise (360) and Rise of the Argonauts (360) in my cart this morning then took the dogs for a walk before checking out and now Stormrise is out of stock. If anyone happened to pick up an extra copy shoot me a PM and maybe we can work out a deal.

Looks like XBOX 360 Stormrise is back instock.

#110 mestrocker

mestrocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:35 AM

dude fight night is international version wtf i ordered i didnt know this work on us 360's?

#111 jon714

jon714

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:39 AM

The deals almost over. I went to place my order and I get this....

We are currently performing maintenance of our online store to serve you better. GoGamer.com will be available again shortly!

:(

LOL.. Their site must have been down because of all the traffic.