Preorder Madden 10 Get a $10 Amazon Giftcard - $56.99

Doomtime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Update: Now $56.99/$46.99

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-10..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1247188025&sr=8-1

Looks like it's available no matter what version you decide to buy.

This offer applies to the qualifying purchases made before 11:59 p.m. PT on 8/13/2009 on Madden NFL 10

The redemption instructions for your $10 Amazon.com gift card will be sent via email within 10 business days from when the promotion ends, provided you have not canceled your order or returned the item(s)

One per household.

EDIT: ECA codes are now up and running again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal, I hadn't seen this yet but had already been planning on using the 50% off coupon from the trade-in deal to get Madden. Sweet gets sweeter. :)

[quote name='$hady']Good deal, I hadn't seen this yet but had already been planning on using the 50% off coupon from the trade-in deal to get Madden. Sweet gets sweeter. :)[/QUOTE]
Nice that is a pretty sweet deal:applause:. I'm still wondering if I should pick up NCAA as well.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Do you get the $10 GC if you've ALREADY pre-ordered it?[/QUOTE]
Typically you do unless the terms and conditions specific a promotional period with a beginning date and an ending date.

So once again my willpower will be put to the test over whether or not to get Madden. I really liked last year's edition, put about 12 or so full seasons into a franchise. If I get the football jones again I'll probably just pick that one back up. Or so I tell myself now.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Do you get the $10 GC if you've ALREADY pre-ordered it?[/QUOTE]
The terms definitely include existing preorders. As usually, I'm saving a copy of the terms in case I don't receive the gift card.

[quote name='bvharris']So once again my willpower will be put to the test over whether or not to get Madden. I really liked last year's edition, put about 12 or so full seasons into a franchise. If I get the football jones again I'll probably just pick that one back up. Or so I tell myself now.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I thought Madden 09 was horrible; the AI was ridiculously dumb, especially on offense (read: HB/FB's that run lateral even though there is a huge opening).

I really want to get a GOOD football game. Guess I won't be buying Madden since they own the exclusive rights for NFL.

Good deal though, with this + ECA.

I am going to try to resist this year.
Nothing fell faster then the price of Madden 09 last year.
I think the Xbox version of the CE was like $40 at Target within weeks.

So once again my willpower will be put to the test over whether or not to get Madden.

Yes me too, However last years was slightly improved IMO I still feel there is a long way for it to go. Well anyway the debate continues, this offer is going until release chances are i will grab it but we will see.

Last year I bought it... but traded it in shortly after. Most say it was much improved from 08. Really Madden has been the best game around (only) for a while.There were major missteps in this GEN but they have created the top football game around and they have surpassed 2K5 in many years. This deal is great just wonder if ECA is worth it for me? I guess with an eye set towards the CAG most holy day (Black friday) This could prove useful.

[quote name='jhaymond1']Pre-ordered at GS and Amazon. Net the $10 and return Amazon copy to GS.
00.gif
[/QUOTE]

That's a bit underhanded, but not a bad idea at all.

I've been looking for some kind of promotion on Madden 10. So far, besides GameStop's 2-day shipping, this is the best. Shipping doesn't help when you're going to pick it up at the store. :(
Looks like I'll preorder this sometime soon. Maybe I'll wait for some kind of promotion from Best Buy.

Anyone else getting this message when using the ECA Codes?

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Anyone else getting this message when using the ECA Codes?

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."[/QUOTE]

I did but it was only because I tried to use it on 360 version of NCAA 10 and then the PS3 version of the game. At that point it wouldn't let me use it on the PS3 version.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Anyone else getting this message when using the ECA Codes?

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."[/QUOTE]

Did you already place an order earlier today? This is covered in the ECA thread.

[quote name='bsesb2003']I just so not into Madden anymore...[/QUOTE]
If the online franchise is solid then I will be playing this alot.

[quote name='gbpackers94']I preordered it, but before it dropped down to $57.[/QUOTE]

New price was already reflected in my pre-order when I checked it this morning, even with the ECA discount.

Sorry to bump this thread. The deal is still alive though, so I hope nobody gets pissed about it.

Now, I noticed they're not offering release date delivery on this. Does anyone know when I should expect the game to show up if I chose overnight shipping? I haven't ordered a new release from Amazon in quite some time, so I'd like to know what to expect.

[quote name='Nightfall']Sorry to bump this thread. The deal is still alive though, so I hope nobody gets pissed about it.

Now, I noticed they're not offering release date delivery on this. Does anyone know when I should expect the game to show up if I chose overnight shipping? I haven't ordered a new release from Amazon in quite some time, so I'd like to know what to expect.[/QUOTE]

I actually sent an email to Amazon about this because the game is on their Release Date Delivery games list. I'll post once I hear from them.

[quote name='Nightfall']Sorry to bump this thread. The deal is still alive though, so I hope nobody gets pissed about it.

Now, I noticed they're not offering release date delivery on this. Does anyone know when I should expect the game to show up if I chose overnight shipping? I haven't ordered a new release from Amazon in quite some time, so I'd like to know what to expect.[/QUOTE]

Games have usually arrived on their release date in my case if overnight has been selected, so I think you'll get it on day 1 with this option as well.

I've also contacted Amazon regarding the "Release-date Delivery" and recieved this as a response:

"Hello from Amazon.com.
I'm sorry to learn that you are unable to place the order using Release-Date Delivery shipping option.
I've checked the product detail page of this item "Madden NFL 10" on Amazon.com, and it appears the item is not currently eligible for Release-Date Delivery shipping option.
We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. It is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory.
At this time, I can only suggest that you check back on Amazon.com at a later time."

I've responded with a link to their "Release-date delivery" sub-category, so they can hopefully figure this all out. I'll let you all know if I have any luck so you can follow-up with them if needed.

Wait when did they take off release date delivery for this? I paid for that 2 weeks ago when I ordered it.

Edit: Just checked my order from July 31 and release date delivery is on there with the estimated delivery date of the 14th. Maybe they're out of copies to have release date delivery for?

[quote name='wildcpac']I haven't bought a Madden Game since 2003.[/QUOTE]

Well you haven't missed much. 04 was all offense no defense thanks to Vick/McNabb/Culpepper, 05 was actually pretty good but overshadowed by the best game ever in ESPN NFL 2K5, 06-08 were crap, and 09 was an improvement but hampered early on by game freezing bugs and glitchers online.

[quote name='hall31']Games have usually arrived on their release date in my case if overnight has been selected, so I think you'll get it on day 1 with this option as well.

I've also contacted Amazon regarding the "Release-date Delivery" and recieved this as a response:

"Hello from Amazon.com.
I'm sorry to learn that you are unable to place the order using Release-Date Delivery shipping option.
I've checked the product detail page of this item "Madden NFL 10" on Amazon.com, and it appears the item is not currently eligible for Release-Date Delivery shipping option.
We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. It is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory.
At this time, I can only suggest that you check back on Amazon.com at a later time."

I've responded with a link to their "Release-date delivery" sub-category, so they can hopefully figure this all out. I'll let you all know if I have any luck so you can follow-up with them if needed.[/QUOTE]

I got a very similar response:

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thanks for asking if "Madden NFL 10" is eligible for Release-Date Delivery. I've checked the product detail page on Amazon.com, and it appears the item is currently eligible for this shipping option.

You can find it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-10...WN8/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249894280&sr=8-1

If you do not see the Release-Date Delivery option available during checkout, it is because the shipping address you selected is not eligible. We will only offer this shipping option when we know that our available carriers can meet our delivery promise for the address you choose.

Addresses must meet the conditions below:

-- Applies only to orders shipped to addresses within the lower 48 United States. Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international destinations will be delivered after the release date.
-- Does not apply to PO Boxes or APO/FPO addresses.

We display Release-Date Delivery eligibility on the item detail page based on the default shipping address on your account. If you are not logged into your account or your default shipping address is ineligible for this delivery method, you might not see the option on the item detail page. Please log into your Amazon.com account and try an alternate shipping address during checkout if the option still does not appear on the item detail page.

You can find the full terms and conditions along with additional information on our Help pages here:

http://www.amazon.com/help/releasedatedelivery

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Wait when did they take off release date delivery for this? I paid for that 2 weeks ago when I ordered it.

[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered it on Saturday with release date delivery, so they must have took it off either yesterday or today. Will I get the 10 dollar gift card?

I too was able to get Release Date Delivery on this now. Maybe demand exceed expectations and they couldn't verify stock? Also, did you guys notice you get $5 worth of Amazon mp3 downloads when the order ships? Makes this deal even sweeter!

I had cancelled my previous order because I wanted to get it from TRU instead this weekend for the $15 GC. I checked today and Amazon dropped the price to $54.99 w/$10 GC and release day delivery. This is now a better deal than the TRU deal going on this week and I save taxes on my purchase. :applause:

I have 2 questions I hope you all could help me with...

1. If I order this tonight will I still recieve it tomorrow on Release Date for free?

2. How do I receive my $10 gift card? Will it be a code or a credit to my accout, or what?

Thanks a lot

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']I have 2 questions I hope you all could help me with...

1. If I order this tonight will I still recieve it tomorrow on Release Date for free?

2. How do I receive my $10 gift card? Will it be a code or a credit to my accout, or what?

Thanks a lot[/QUOTE]

1) I just checked and it's available. 2) They'll send you your GC via email within 10 business days from when the promo ends which is tonight.

Can any of you confirm that it's still release day delivery? From the looks of it it's not anymore, it doesn't say it anywhere.

If I ordered it wouldn't arrive for 5-9 days with free shipping, right?

The option of release day delivery had to be ordered and selected by about noon earlier today I believe.

[quote name='Rodster']1) I just checked and it's available. 2) They'll send you your GC via email within 10 business days from when the promo ends which is tonight.[/QUOTE]
It says as long as you order madden by 8/17, then you will get the gift card. I am hoping it is that date, since I want to use the $30 off code, which I do not have yet. My trade in was accepted Tuesday, so I hope I get the code soon. I do not need the game day of release, so I don't care about the release date delivery.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']Can any of you confirm that it's still release day delivery? From the looks of it it's not anymore, it doesn't say it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

No, release date is tomarrow and they stopped taking release date delivery orders about a week ago. I guess they send these to the post office a few days to a week prior to the release and post office has them all in hand and ready to be mailed to you on specified date.

That's terrible, I'll just go to Toys R Us then. I don't NEED it on release date either, but with this not being available on release, TOYS R US is a much better deal IMO. It's only about $5 difference to begin with.

[quote name='bdrsvt']No, release date is tomarrow and they stopped taking release date delivery orders about a week ago. I guess they send these to the post office a few days to a week prior to the release and post office has them all in hand and ready to be mailed to you on specified date.[/QUOTE]

Not totally true because I ordered madden 10 a couple of days ago and I got release day delivery. I'll know for sure tomorrow but in my case they are probably doing overnight delivery as my order is currently being readied for shipping. For those overnight deliveries Amazon uses DHL and not the US Postal service.

This is really weird. Mine says it's supposed to arrive here on release day (tomorrow) but when I check my Amazon account it hasn't even shipped yet. Anybody have an idea what's going on with that? Anyone in the same boat?

bread's done
Back