• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3738 replies to this topic

#451 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

I should rephrase it :-#

I called a few days ago and the guy who is the head of marketing was unaware of any issues at all. I am unsure who was responding to the forum posts people made at the ECA site, but...oh well. He asked me to send him this thread in an email so he could read it over and work with amazon to resolve the issues. That was the same day that the issues got fixed. so to me it seems rather...an odd coincidence that the issues were around for about two weeks without an resolution and the day I call it gets fixed. I didn't do much, but posting on these forums to moan and groan does nothing to fix the problem. A nice and friendly call not only got the issue fixed, but I got some nice swag as well.

Thanks man. Sounds like we all owe you one for your diligence. Glad to see you got some cool stuff for it.

33126.png

#452 Maromi

Maromi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:34 PM

Quick question, and I apologize if this has been answered earlier:

Today, Golden Sun DS is in my quick picks, but Amazon has the MSRP at $39.99, with their current pre-order price at $37.99; Gamestop has it for $34.99. I find it hard to believe it'll stay that expensive on Amazon, since SquareEnix is usually the only publisher to sell DS games at $39.99.

My question is, though, if I pre-order Golden Sun from my quick picks (5% off) and use my ECA discount (another 10% off), will I still get the pre-order price guarantee off the original price of, in this case, $37.99? So, for example, if Amazon drops the price to $34.99, will they adjust my order so that I get my 15% off the new price? Sorry if that sounds more confusing than it needs to be...

#453 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

Quick question, and I apologize if this has been answered earlier:

Today, Golden Sun DS is in my quick picks, but Amazon has the MSRP at $39.99, with their current pre-order price at $37.99; Gamestop has it for $34.99. I find it hard to believe it'll stay that expensive on Amazon, since SquareEnix is usually the only publisher to sell DS games at $39.99.

My question is, though, if I pre-order Golden Sun from my quick picks (5% off) and use my ECA discount (another 10% off), will I still get the pre-order price guarantee off the original price of, in this case, $37.99? So, for example, if Amazon drops the price to $34.99, will they adjust my order so that I get my 15% off the new price? Sorry if that sounds more confusing than it needs to be...

Yes, your gold box and promo price reductions will adjust accordingly
Posted Image

#454 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

Thanks man. Sounds like we all owe you one for your diligence. Glad to see you got some cool stuff for it.

Thanks. I take donations in the form of money, Amazon credit, PSN/XBL points, GameStop credit, or just games in general...;);)

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#455 OldKai

OldKai

Don't Mess With the Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

Another great Gold Box, pre-ordered 2 more items, I have Uncharted 2 in there as well but I'll pass on that for now. Went thru my recommendations a few times as well to weed out the crap. And I was going to ask a question on here but Maromi already did that.

#456 shqype

shqype

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

How do I view items in my Goldbox? I don't see a link for it anymore :(

I'd love to get cheaper games in my Goldbox, but I'm not even sure where I should be looking.

Also, the 10% off ECA coupon takes 10% off the original item, correct? Because if use it towards the Call of Duty Prestige Edition, that discount would pay for the membership itself.

And, can somebody clarify the expiration date for me? It says that these ECA codes expire in September. Does that mean after September I cannot get 10% off from Amazon any longer? Or does that only mean I won't be able to sign up for the ECA after those codes expire, until a new batch is released?

I would appreciate it if somebody can answer these questions for me. I'm very interested in signing up.

#457 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

How many coupons do you get a year?

#458 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Another great Gold Box, pre-ordered 2 more items, I have Uncharted 2 in there as well but I'll pass on that for now. Went thru my recommendations a few times as well to weed out the crap. And I was going to ask a question on here but Maromi already did that.

Gah lucky SOB! Send U2 from your Gold Box over to me so I can get it for around $20 or less with my 50% code!

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#459 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:02 PM

How do I view items in my Goldbox? I don't see a link for it anymore :(

I'd love to get cheaper games in my Goldbox, but I'm not even sure where I should be looking.

Also, the 10% off ECA coupon takes 10% off the original item, correct? Because if use it towards the Call of Duty Prestige Edition, that discount would pay for the membership itself.

And, can somebody clarify the expiration date for me? It says that these ECA codes expire in September. Does that mean after September I cannot get 10% off from Amazon any longer? Or does that only mean I won't be able to sign up for the ECA after those codes expire, until a new batch is released?

I would appreciate it if somebody can answer these questions for me. I'm very interested in signing up.

Go here: http://www.amazon.co...cs_top_nav_gb27 and scroll down a bit and you should see some items, if not make sure you're logged in.

You'll get 10% off the amazon price. So for MW2 you'll get $15 off. The current batch of codes expire in September, after that Amazon is going to need to re-issue a batch of codes if they want to still of course.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#460 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

hwo do you get the gamefly trial to work?

http://www.gamefly.com/promo/

#461 Maromi

Maromi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:06 AM

Yes, your gold box and promo price reductions will adjust accordingly

Thank you!

#462 J7.

J7.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:39 AM

Just a few questions. Interested in joining but, when I looked on here yesterday it seemed people were mad and weren't getting discounts anymore but today its all fixed again?

I need to know how long it will take from signing up until getting my code?

I think codes take off the original Amazon price before 50% off with the trade in deal? I think this may have been answered but not sure.

#463 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:53 AM

Just a few questions. Interested in joining but, when I looked on here yesterday it seemed people were mad and weren't getting discounts anymore but today its all fixed again?

I think codes take off the original Amazon price before 50% off with the trade in deal? I think this may have been answered but not sure.

10secs?

#464 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:55 AM

It was fixed a day or two ago, but very recently.

I am not a member yet, so not sure.

From what I read if a game is $60, it'll take $6 off and $30 off, making it $34.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#465 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:14 AM

My recommendations look like somebody through up a video game store. Hell my front page on Amazon looks as bad as Gamestop now. Let's see what I get in my gold box.

When does the Gold box stuff change?

#466 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:31 AM

it was fixed a day or two ago, but very recently.

I am not a member yet, so not sure.

From what i read if a game is $60, it'll take $6 off and $30 off, making it $34.

60 - 36 = 24
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#467 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

So these coupon codes, can they be used on more than one different amazon account?

I have 3 50% deals coming on 3 different accounts/addresses. Will the codes work for all of them?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#468 newlu

newlu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

So these coupon codes, can they be used on more than one different amazon account?

I have 3 50% deals coming on 3 different accounts/addresses. Will the codes work for all of them?

Yes

#469 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

thanks newlu, will definitely sign up for this once I get my 50% coupon codes.

3 games, one possibly being MW2 prestige, it seems well worth it. Even if it only worked 3 times, but with residual trade in credit this will come in handy for sure.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#470 xxtheycallmedxx

xxtheycallmedxx

Proud PS3/360/Wii Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

So can these codes now be used multiple times per day,or is it back to the 1x per day rule??
Posted Image

#471 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

Reading the thread before posting is a great and awesome thing.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#472 77Pat

77Pat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

Just signed up and bought the xbox 360 hard drive that was in my gold box with the trade in credit/deal. Already almost paid for itself. It took the discount off the $135 price and not the list $160 price.

#473 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

So what's the deal with the codes? Are they suppose to work on accessories? I know it says software on their site, but everyone seems to get them to work with accessories anyway.

test.gif

#474 OldKai

OldKai

Don't Mess With the Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

Ah that's better, a crappy Gold Box, I was getting worried for a minute that it would always be good.

#475 krazyazn01

krazyazn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

So can these codes now be used multiple times per day,or is it back to the 1x per day rule??

As far as I know from reading the thread, the codes can now be used on multiple items, multiple times. That is, you can use one code for all the games in your cart. You can also come back later in the day and use a new code on another order. Also, it was NEVER 1x per day...for some reason it was 1 per account! That's why there was such an uproar earlier.

Agreed.
Posted Image

#476 krazyazn01

krazyazn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

So what's the deal with the codes? Are they suppose to work on accessories? I know it says software on their site, but everyone seems to get them to work with accessories anyway.

Well, I haven't tried in on any accessories yet, but judging from other people it seems to work. I don't mean to be rude, but why don't you just try it...unless you don't have an ECA membership?

Agreed...again....y'know what, I'm going to quote you for my sig if you don't mind.

Edited by krazyazn01, 18 July 2009 - 09:24 PM.

Posted Image

#477 J7.

J7.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

TY pjb and Saix. Good to see this works on accessories too even though the site only mentions games (I don't have account yet, but from what others say). I see that they automatically resign you up after the year is over and charge your cc again unless you call them and cancel it.

#478 djduke316

djduke316

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:43 AM

Accesories work as long as they'e specifically for gaming. Also, codes only work once. After that you have to generate a new one.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#479 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:07 AM

Sweet, Krazyazn. My first time getting sigged. It almost makes reading people's dumb questions worthwhile...

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#480 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:35 AM

I just joined, plan on using the ESA coupon on the Turtle Beach X4, so thats a $16 discount, almost paid for the membership already, and also use my 50% Amazon Coupon
Posted Image