Xbox

Halo 2 LE $49.99
Sonic Heroes $19.99
Mortal Kombat Deception $39.99
SNK vs Capcom $29.99

GCN

Sonic Heroes $19.99
Amazing Island $19.99

Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Timt to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..

[quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Timt to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

Your BB does price matches with out having a ad?

[quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Timt to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

Make sure you get the cube version of sonic heroes if at all possible, it's supposed to look a lot nicer then the other versions, also the other versions are supposed to have some issues with slow down.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Timt to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

Make sure you get the cube version of sonic heroes if at all possible, it's supposed to look a lot nicer then the other versions, also the other versions are supposed to have some issues with slow down.[/quote]

According to EGM the Xbox version has the best graphics. Plus the Gamecube version is only in English.

[quote name='62t'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Timt to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

Make sure you get the cube version of sonic heroes if at all possible, it's supposed to look a lot nicer then the other versions, also the other versions are supposed to have some issues with slow down.[/quote]

According to EGM the Xbox version has the best graphics. Plus the Gamecube version is only in English.[/quote]

According to Gamespot

" Unfortunately, it seems that the Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions of the game didn't receive the same care that the superior GameCube version did, thus making their Sonic Heroes harder games to appreciate"

" Unlike the GameCube version released earlier this month, both the Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions of the game suffer from inconsistent frame rates. However, the PlayStation 2 version is easily the ugliest of the three"

"The occasional bouts of slowdown that the Xbox version suffers from are forgivable, but Sonic Team almost seems to be daring you to try and have fun with the PlayStation 2 version by making it significantly uglier, slower, and generally just rougher around the edges than the other two versions"

I've played all three versions, and the Cube version is significantly better.

Gamecube is the best of the three...which unfortunately doesnt help the gameplay, just the graphics/control.

SNK vs Capcom and Sonic Heroes for $50 is really tempting. Too bad BB doesn't have any SH copies left. But but if it's goes ti a PH I'd rather get it in the new packaging.

Sonic Heroes for the GC also unlocks a special card in PSO ep. III, so if you own it that's an added incentive to get the 'cube version of SH.

And Sonic, Amazing Island, and PSO III all appear to have taken universal price drops this month.

[quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Time to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

Your Best Buy lets you pricematch + use GGC discount?

Your alternative is to use a GGC coupon at Circuit City, and buy it there, since Circuit City allows you to pricematch competitors coupons.

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Time to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

Your alternative is to use a GGC coupon at Circuit City, and buy it there, since Circuit City allows you to pricematch competitors coupons.[/quote]

I dunno, the last thing I bought at Best Buy was ESPN NHL 2K5 the day it came out. I don't even have a GGC or know if they're available here. I was just stating for others.

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Time to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

Your alternative is to use a GGC coupon at Circuit City, and buy it there, since Circuit City allows you to pricematch competitors coupons.[/quote]

Are you absolutely sure CC allows pricematching for competitors coupons?

I dunno but around here my CCs seem strict about PMing...

[quote name='FoxStar'][quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Time to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

I dunno but around here my CCs seem strict about PMing...[/quote]

On second thought, the last time I did this was around a year ago.. anyone know?

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='FoxStar'][quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Time to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

I dunno but around here my CCs seem strict about PMing...[/quote]

On second thought, the last time I did this was around a year ago.. anyone know?[/quote]

YMMV mine doesnt.

I'd totally buy Sonic Heroes... if I didn't hate the demo included with Mario Kart. I loved Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, but Heroes was just no fun at all.

And as for the GC version being only in English... that's my language.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Avoid SNK vs Capcom at all cost, even if it DOES price drop.

I am dead serious. You will regret.[/quote]

SVC Chaos rocks, definatly worth the 30

Halo 2 LE seems to be a universal drop, since Gamestop also has it for that price (Best Buy should follow suit soon). Strange that all these Limited Editions/Collector's Editions are droping in price faster than the regular games, the same thing happened to Half-life to CE and Warcraft 3 CE.

This is good news. I've been waiting for Sonic Heroes to go Player's Choice for awhile now, and this looks like a sign of it. (Has to have the yellow strip to match my other three Sonic games. :D) Does anyone know this for certain, and when it'll actually happen?

[quote name='mkelehan']I loved Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, but Heroes was just no fun at all.[/quote]

I just couldn't get into Sonic Adventure 1 or 2. I like the old 2D Sonic titles, but the transition to 3D just doesn't do it for me.

I also notice that CC is selling black controller S for 22.99 now. That's the cheapest I've seen it from a reputable source.

[quote name='62t'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Timt to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

According to EGM the Xbox version has the best graphics. Plus the Gamecube version is only in English.[/quote]

Oh damn, I really wanted my Sonic Heroes to be in french.

[quote name='Javil']This is good news. I've been waiting for Sonic Heroes to go Player's Choice for awhile now, and this looks like a sign of it. (Has to have the yellow strip to match my other three Sonic games. :D) Does anyone know this for certain, and when it'll actually happen?[/quote]

Don't hold your breath. This game sold badly on all playforms. The price has gone down because retailers want to be rid of the damn thing.

Actually I think Sonic Heroes sold well over a million worldwide, something like 300,000 on GC, 200,000 on PS2 and 80,000 on X-Box in North American alone

[quote name='sying'][quote name='62t'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Timt to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

Oh damn, I really wanted my Sonic Heroes to be in french.[/quote]

He he he..

anyways, this is something that has been said from two posters here: The GC version looks better, we have compared. Now, there might be something with widescreen or higher resolution, but the people that can actually use that normally do research before buying a game. Either way, both language tracks are annoying as sin

The best thing about Halo 2 LE is you can go to BB and PM (get an extra $5.50 off of the $49.99) with 10% of the difference and the GGC coupon. Which brings it to a total of $44.49.

[quote name='Javil']This is good news. I've been waiting for Sonic Heroes to go Player's Choice for awhile now, and this looks like a sign of it. (Has to have the yellow strip to match my other three Sonic games. :D) Does anyone know this for certain, and when it'll actually happen?[/quote]

That's a new one. Most people who care one way or the other try to get the original packaging.

The PAL Sonice Heros, as well as Billy Hatcher and Mario Party 5 are all PC title. Wish they would do the same for US.

[quote name='trunks982']so they still selling Halo 2 LE. and ppl are saying that "preorder NOW" and its going to sold out.[/quote]

I know, stopped by my local Gamestop yesterday and they had about 20 LE copies behind the glass near the cash register.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='Scorch']Looks like the same PD's that have been going around (FC to 29, SNK to 29), though i'm suprised to already see MK:D start sliding.. and what's up with Sonic Heroes, is that going to PH soon or something? Timt to pricematch at BB and use the GGC, right? $15 for Sonic Heroes doesn't seem too bad..[/quote]

EGM said it was just the PS2 version. They also said that the Xbox version and the GC one were just as good.

If you can catch it on ebgames.com, a used copy of Sonic Heroes will, after CAG15, Edge card, and SAVER cost only $13.49. I bought the GCN version on Friday night so I haven't received it yet.

I'm glad to hear the GCN version is the best. I wanted that version because I had Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 on the 'cube already.

I was lucky to get the last copy of Amazing Island for $14.99 after competitor's coupon. Anyone else notice how this has suddenly become impossible to find in stores now?

Sadly, yes. I'd better get it, and Sonic Heroes, soon if I ever want to play them. SVC is...broken, but still fun. The sound effects for strikes are fantastic.

bread's done
Back