B2G2 free on all original XBOX games at GS

darkpice

CAGiversary!
all original xbox games are now buy 2 get 1 free at gamestop. can now pick up morrowind and a couple of other games. if this has already been posted then please delete.

Title has been updated!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a few gems I'd be interested in getting, but if the store locator is any indication, almost every single store in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area has already transferred out or sold all their Xbox games.

It is listed on their site under trade-in deals now. No online code listed. The 25XBOX code still works online for 25% off.

I'll have to take a look at the selection next time I go to GS. Too bad backward compatibility sucks for XBOX 360 (and I have no desire to pick up an original XBOX). Looks like most of the games on the compatibility list i'd be interested in have lots of glitching too.

My GS has done this so many times, it's not even worth it. One small GS store near me actually moved all the Xbox games to the back room in some large bins. You have to ask for them and then they bring out the bin.

I would love to take advantage of this, but my GS doesn't carry Xbox games, soooo I'm kinda out of luck. Good thing I already have a large library.

[quote name='Masker13']Gamestop also has 75% of GBA Games.[/QUOTE]

Gameboy *advance* games are 75% off? This I find hard to believe...

How do you remove a coupon? I'm trying to remove CAG16 - the website says you can - to use 25XBOX since it won't stack, but not having any luck. Help?

You would think that as much as they want to get rid of this stock they would eventually do a B1G1 sale on Xbox games.

[quote name='Slappybob']You would think that as much as they want to get rid of this stock they would eventually do a B1G1 sale on Xbox games.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised they haven't all been put in black bags in the giant metal containers behind stores yet.

Meh...wake me up when it's B1G1. I won't start hitting this clearance in earnest until it's B1G2 or even 75% (85% with Edge) off at the very least.

[quote name='georox']I'm surprised they haven't all been put in black bags in the giant metal containers behind stores yet.[/QUOTE]

I went through about 150 GB/GBC games in one of those bags.

Anyway, does this stack with the 25% off?

[quote name='momouchi']I went through about 150 GB/GBC games in one of those bags.

Anyway, does this stack with the 25% off?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? They throw away games? That's nutso!

Sadly, stores are supposed to destroy this stuff when it's time to clear them out. I was talking to the manager of my local GS and he said the company does better financially if they destroy items and take the tax deduction than sell those items at 75% off. :cry:

[quote name='Slappybob']You would think that as much as they want to get rid of this stock they would eventually do a B1G1 sale on Xbox games.[/QUOTE]They used to do B1G1 for xbox games so you would think they would do it to get rid of stock.

Actually, that's how they kept the games, since they've been sitting under the counter in those bags since the GB/C games hit clearance. It is known that they destroyed the PS1 games remaining when they stopped clearancing them. Same will happen to all those Mary Kate and Ashley GBC games.

[quote name='momouchi'] Same will happen to all those Mary Kate and Ashley GBC games.[/QUOTE]

Noooooooo how could they even think of doing such a thing. Thats like burning the bible.

[quote name='mogamer']Sadly, stores are supposed to destroy this stuff when it's time to clear them out. I was talking to the manager of my local GS and he said the company does better financially if they destroy items and take the tax deduction than sell those items at 75% off. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Same with movies at blockbuster =) No point to put 100 used copies for sale. Too cheap and you flood the market and don't make the money back, too expensive and you never sell them all. So we destroy them, and sometimes that really hurts when it's like Dark Knight :cry:

Most of the games they destroyed were craptastic games anyway, I doubt the employees would let them destroy Marios or Final Fantasy. So does anyone know with this B2G1 stacks with the current 25% of Xbox games?

[quote name='karkyco']Meh...wake me up when it's B1G1. I won't start hitting this clearance in earnest until it's B1G2 or even 75% (85% with Edge) off at the very least.[/QUOTE]

yeaaaahhh! remember the gb/gbc sale? good times!

and i'd say the same. 75% off is when I start hunting stores.

[quote name='momouchi']So does anyone know with this B2G1 stacks with the current 25% of Xbox games?[/QUOTE]

It does not because there no longer is 25% off Xbox games. It's just B2G1. I couldn't resist getting a few games, but now I'll wait for the next discount. Hopefully by the time it reaches 75% off, there will still be non-sports games left.

[quote name='georox']I'm surprised they haven't all been put in black bags in the giant metal containers behind stores yet.[/QUOTE]

You mean tossing them out, right? Nice way of saying it. As for destroying games, I recall hearing from multiple employees @ GS that their DM took pleasure in snapping the boards inside N64 games before tossing them. What a fuckin' waste!

Speaking of waste, Disney doesn't allow Blockbuster to sell their movies USED. After their shelf life as rentals is done, they're run through a disc shredder, which leaves a pattern on them that makes them unplayable. I know this because I talked to a manager at length about it while she was decimating about 100 copies of a recent Disney release. We're such a wasteful society, all in the name of profit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean tossing them out, right? Nice way of saying it. As for destroying games, I recall hearing from multiple employees @ GS that their DM took pleasure in snapping the boards inside N64 games before tossing them. What a fuckin' waste!

Speaking of waste, Disney doesn't allow Blockbuster to sell their movies USED. After their shelf life as rentals is done, they're run through a disc shredder, which leaves a pattern on them that makes them unplayable. I know this because I talked to a manager at length about it while she was decimating about 100 copies of a recent Disney release. We're such a wasteful society, all in the name of profit.[/QUOTE]

I'm really surprised all these bullshit environmentalist things you see on the news don't cover stuff like this.

[quote name='georox']I'm really surprised all these bullshit environmentalist things you see on the news don't cover stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.. but right now all the rage on the enviromental battlefield seems to be targeted at cow Farts

How cow flatulence is slowing killing the Earth. Story at 11.

Yeah. They never seem to focus on these big corporations destroying millions of dollars worth of merchandise and dumping it in landfills, but tend to focus on the most ridiculous shit.

[quote name='mogamer']Sadly, stores are supposed to destroy this stuff when it's time to clear them out. I was talking to the manager of my local GS and he said the company does better financially if they destroy items and take the tax deduction than sell those items at 75% off. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be great to see a company like Gamestop get reamed for tax fraud? Because that's exactly what's going on if they're making more money claiming the games as a loss than selling them for 75% off. Tax deductions are taken from your taxable income, not from the tax you pay, which is probably around 35% for a big company like GS. So in order for them to actually be getting more back in tax savings than the 25% sticker, they're grossly overinflating the value of the games.

You know who we need to fix this mess? That's right, Zombie Harry Truman.

[quote name='salty tbone']It does not because there no longer is 25% off Xbox games. It's just B2G1. I couldn't resist getting a few games, but now I'll wait for the next discount. Hopefully by the time it reaches 75% off, there will still be non-sports games left.[/QUOTE]

I had hoped the same thing but people are gobbling them up for small percentages. Even all the stuff that used to sit through the old B2G1 sales. Must be the big colorful signs.

Nobody around me must own XBoxes anymore because two of the closest GS have 3 or 4 full racks of games. I'm just holding out to 50% for some of the big name games. Then I'll go back to see what's left at 75%.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']
You know who we need to fix this mess? That's right, Zombie Harry Truman.[/QUOTE]

Urge to listen to Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy is rising...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean tossing them out, right? Nice way of saying it. As for destroying games, I recall hearing from multiple employees @ GS that their DM took pleasure in snapping the boards inside N64 games before tossing them. What a fuckin' waste!

Speaking of waste, Disney doesn't allow Blockbuster to sell their movies USED. After their shelf life as rentals is done, they're run through a disc shredder, which leaves a pattern on them that makes them unplayable. I know this because I talked to a manager at length about it while she was decimating about 100 copies of a recent Disney release. We're such a wasteful society, all in the name of profit.[/QUOTE]

Huh, so why can't they just donate those rentals to charities instead of having them destroy the copies? Same thing with gamestop. Child's play does exist, I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting shovel loads of gba/xbox games, even if they're filled with mostly shovelware. Kids play that stuff anyway.

[quote name='momouchi']Nobody around me must own XBoxes anymore because two of the closest GS have 3 or 4 full racks of games. I'm just holding out to 50% for some of the big name games. Then I'll go back to see what's left at 75%.[/QUOTE]

You know, I don't think i've seen anyone with an original XBOX in their entertainment center for a couple of years, I know tons of people who still use Gamecubes and PS2's. They seem to have disappeared since the 360 came out.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Huh, so why can't they just donate those rentals to charities instead of having them destroy the copies? Same thing with gamestop. Child's play does exist, I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting shovel loads of gba/xbox games, even if they're filled with mostly shovelware. Kids play that stuff anyway.[/QUOTE]

Because just like the guides stores are told to destroy, they're supposed to somehow provide proof that the merchandise was destroyed and not resold or given away or whatever.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because just like the guides stores are told to destroy, they're supposed to somehow provide proof that the merchandise was destroyed and not resold or given away or whatever.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to type in moneystop.com...

Anyways, ah, always follow the money trail. However, guides are new and the publisher gets some profit while their used games market is different. However, as mentioned before, its probably marked as a loss on their taxes, which is probably based off of the number they bought it for, so I can see how they could get more from a tax break than selling it off at 75%

[quote name='georox']Urge to listen to Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy is rising...[/QUOTE]

....and you sir win a award for quoting MSI!

As for XBOX Titles here....yeah, my Gamestop doesn't even have them sitting out anymore, but they still have Gamecube ones sitting out.

and it's a shame they destroy the old stuff.....personally I don't see why they can have a freebie box, or a donation box like Toys for Tots or something to donate....just a waste to crush something that could be rare years down the roads

(starts thinking about all the Megaman games GS has might of crushed)
*the though kills me!!!!*

Now that I think about it, I do have some titles that I wouldnt mind picking up, of course, they're long gone by now. However, some are avaliable online, then again, pretty likely its gonna be disk only with older titles. Of course, this is assuming that I will be able to get them online...

If not for all of the fuckin' Ebayers picking up the local Steel Battalion bundles, I'd have considered picking that up during this sale with some cheap credit. It's about the ONLY game from the Xbox/PS2 era I still want to play.

bread's done
Back