B2G2 free on all original XBOX games at GS

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:12 AM

I want them to drop the price on the xbox consoles already. I would go through and buy up most of them around here if they would drop to like $30 a pop.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#62 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:49 AM

B2G2? They couldn't just do B1G1, or 50% off :/

My thoughts exactly, since the list of titles I still want is shrinking, finding four games at the same store in the same price range is a pain. And driving around to do return/exchanges doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm just going to wait/hope for 75% off.

I want them to drop the price on the xbox consoles already. I would go through and buy up most of them around here if they would drop to like $30 a pop.

I've been wondering why they haven't yet either. I'd love to get a couple extra controllers for dirt cheap, too.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#63 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:23 AM

Doesn't B2G2 apply to anything Xbox? So you would just need to find a place with 4 controllers still, and get 4 for the price of 2-10%

#64 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

Doesn't B2G2 apply to anything Xbox? So you would just need to find a place with 4 controllers still, and get 4 for the price of 2-10%

Lots of luck on that. The GS's by me only have a few games each and no accessories.

I've wondered why used Xboxes are still so pricey considering that Gamecubes are $29.99. Someone said because you can mod them to be more useful. I wouldn't think a corporation like GS would think like that though.

#65 Ye0ldmario

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

'd love to score a few copies of Marvel vs Capcom
Posted Image

#66 Drkirby

Drkirby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

Lots of luck on that. The GS's by me only have a few games each and no accessories.

I've wondered why used Xboxes are still so pricey considering that Gamecubes are $29.99. Someone said because you can mod them to be more useful. I wouldn't think a corporation like GS would think like that though.

I think gamestop just has more Gamecubes then anything else. With the Wii being able to do just about anything the gamecube can, but the 360's BC being so so, the original Xbox I guess would be higher valued to them.

IMO, the number of Xbox exclusives worth playing is very low though, and the ones that can only be played on the Original Xbox is far less too.

#67 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:05 PM

Are Morrowind and Fable backwards compatible?

#68 Kaydee09

Kaydee09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

Are Morrowind and Fable backwards compatible?

yes they are.

#69 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:29 PM

GS's I've been to lately have all been B2G2 but I can never find games I want to play.

#70 Space Cowboy YGI

Space Cowboy YGI

Look at your man....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

I think gamestop just has more Gamecubes then anything else. With the Wii being able to do just about anything the gamecube can, but the 360's BC being so so, the original Xbox I guess would be higher valued to them.

IMO, the number of Xbox exclusives worth playing is very low though, and the ones that can only be played on the Original Xbox is far less too.

I agree with you. I think it's more of a "modding" thing (yes, GS is that smart). The only games I can think of off the top of my head that deserves BC or re-release are The Warriors and Robocop (I think it's more of a "who owns the rights" legal thing).
Besides Star Trek, when it comes to movies, they're is no such thing as a "re-imagining." Run. It's only going to be a crappy remake.

#71 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:02 AM

If you haven't picked up what you want on the XBOX by now, there's very little chance you're going to find what you want.

The stores near me have been picked clean on XBOX for some time now. They still have some titles but usually w/o original case, manual, or a really scratched up game disc.

I used to love these sales though (even B2G1) because it allowed me to bulk up my XBOX collection. I've since finished it with 135. With no intention of leaping into the next gen (I'm done with games generally), the XBOX is still a solid old gen system :-)

I always bought cross-platform games on it b/c they usually loaded faster, looked at least a little better, and I didn't have to worry about searching for my PS2 memory cards.

#72 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:11 AM

My thoughts exactly, since the list of titles I still want is shrinking, finding four games at the same store in the same price range is a pain. And driving around to do return/exchanges doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm just going to wait/hope for 75% off.

DVDs are still ona Buy X get X free.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#73 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

DVDs are still ona Buy X get X free.

Not around near me, the one store that still has a bunch of crap DVDs has had 75% for months.

#74 Casbury

Casbury

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:52 AM

all original xbox games are now buy 2 get 1 free at gamestop. can now pick up morrowind and a couple of other games. if this has already been posted then please delete.

You might want to check your sources... the deal is actually "Buy 2, Get 2".

#75 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

You might want to check your sources... the deal is actually "Buy 2, Get 2".

You might want to check the date of the original post...this thread was made back in the beginning of August, nearly 3 months ago.

DarkZion9.png card.png

Yeah jay remedy was really the heart and soul of this thread.

story isn't outstanding.. but the fact you can rub a girl and make them naked? and hear them moaning ?

total worth my money

#76 beard.

beard.

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

sure wish I could find Halo, Halo 2 and Fable all in one place for my collection.

#77 bilbo

bilbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

If you haven't picked up what you want on the XBOX by now, there's very little chance you're going to find what you want.

The stores near me have been picked clean on XBOX for some time now. They still have some titles but usually w/o original case, manual, or a really scratched up game disc.

I used to love these sales though (even B2G1) because it allowed me to bulk up my XBOX collection. I've since finished it with 135. With no intention of leaping into the next gen (I'm done with games generally), the XBOX is still a solid old gen system :-)

I always bought cross-platform games on it b/c they usually loaded faster, looked at least a little better, and I didn't have to worry about searching for my PS2 memory cards.

"If you haven't picked up what you want on the XBOX by now, there's very little chance you're going to find what you want."

That's what EBay is for; you can find practically anything.

Personally, I just picked up the Justice League XBox game for $3.50 at a closing Blockbuster. It was about $10-$12 at Gamestop (which would be $5-$6 per disc if I could find 3 games to go with it, and I was going to get the Incredibles and another good game but the only other same-price game I saw was Avatar: The Last Airbender, which made me more likely to pick up a $6-$8 XBox game).

#78 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

"If you haven't picked up what you want on the XBOX by now, there's very little chance you're going to find what you want."

Personally, I just picked up the Justice League XBox game for $3.50 at a closing Blockbuster. It was about $10-$12 at Gamestop (which would be $5-$6 per disc if I could find 3 games to go with it, and I was going to get the Incredibles and another good game but the only other same-price game I saw was Avatar: The Last Airbender, which made me more likely to pick up a $6-$8 XBox game).

Totally off topic, but anytime I've seen you post I immediately hear Leonard Nimoy singing in my head. I hate it.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#79 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

Gamestop prices the xbox the way it does because people buy them for that price. If they didn't sell for the price they are asking then they'd lower the price. Simple as that.

I may have to check out my local GS. One of them apparently gets in "new" (rather, new supplies of used) Xbox games all the time. I guess it's a store they send Xbox games to from other stores. I haven't looked through the collection because previously I had little need to, but now I've got a 360.

Crunchewy.png

#80 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

Not around near me, the one store that still has a bunch of crap DVDs has had 75% for months.

Huh, maybe they're signage is old around here. One store even got more used movies in a month or two ago including BRs and HDDVDS, but I happened by after they were gone. Xbox games have been just disc only/no cover art since about a week after this started and most stores have consolidated xbox games at a few local stores, but I keep looking.

Except Richard Burns Rally. Been looking for awhile and zippo.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.