Wolfenstein is FREE if it beats madden 10!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I love this!! be sure to follow the guy on twitter (http://twitter.com/manveerheir) or it voids any deal. I was going to pick this up if it got an IGN rating of 7.8 or better, but I'm thinking I might get it no matter what just to fuck-ing shove it in Madden's and EA's face.

However, I think we need a demo pretty soon...

Didnt even think of that but I could just go out and buy it and then return it if it doesnt beat it. Nice.

I just can't see this happening. If he buys the games for everyone that bought it, he loses money. Out of that $60, you figure the developer is lucky if they get $40 of that. And if Madden sells more, that just makes it that much harder to pay for it. I know I'm a pessimist and I'm raining on your parade, but this just can't and won't happen. I think even w/ this it won't surpass Madden, but might spike sales a bit which is probably just what they are banking on, but they better not be wrong or they are going to have hell to pay. Best of luck fellas.

This has to be the biggest waste of times.
I can make the same guarantee.
Compare the sales of a Teen rated, yearly powerhouse to a Mature rated game that no one knows is a sequel or a new game.

[quote name='Aftrthought051']I just can't see this happening. If he buys the games for everyone that bought it, he loses money. Out of that $60, you figure the developer is lucky if they get $40 of that. And if Madden sells more, that just makes it that much harder to pay for it. I know I'm a pessimist and I'm raining on your parade, but this just can't and won't happen. I think even w/ this it won't surpass Madden, but might spike sales a bit which is probably just what they are banking on, but they better not be wrong or they are going to have hell to pay. Best of luck fellas.[/QUOTE]

There is no way in hell the game outsells Madden. He knows this quite well I'm sure, thus the outlandish offer. If this spikes sales of the game, it's not a bad idea at all.

It's a stupid offer but a reasonable marketing ploy I guess, if only a few people buy Wolfenstein because of this it was worth saying I guess.

Realistically though, not a hope in hell.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Dang good luck on Wolfenstein even beating Maddens preorders. Would be funny to see though.[/QUOTE]

Lmao that is so Trut

Hell Wolfenstein wont sell more than the people who are going to wait outside at midnight for madden. IMO

Madden is usually the top 3 selling game in the U.S EVERY year

I think i heard Call of duty MW beat it one year maybe..

and FIFA beats it (atleast has been for the pass year or 2 i believe)

I hope it happens because I plan on getting Wolfenstein once I read some reviews...unless they're crap of course.

I really hope its a good game. Its still one of my alltime favorite franchises + Im a WWII junkie.

Just a stunt to get people to follow them on twitter. It'll never happen. Madden will sell more in a month than Wolfenstein will in its retail lifetime.

[quote name='Vegan']Just a stunt to get people to follow them on twitter. It'll never happen. Madden will sell more in a month than Wolfenstein will in its retail lifetime.[/QUOTE]

Hell, it will sell more tonight than Wolfenstein will in its lifetime most likely.

omg this is so cool i loooooooove wolfenstein its da best game for a long time i hope its beats madden sooo bad so we can get a free copy make sure you guys tell everyone because we can get a free game omg rofl lol :);) lolz

That is great and everything and I was planning on checking out this game anyways, but jeez, I really don't think it is going to happen unless we get every person to do it. I mean hell people, even if you were not going to pick up the game, just purchase it at a NPD reporting store and then take it back if you really didn't want it if you do not end up getting it for free!

This was a very smart move. There's no way he's ever going to have to pay out (and even if Wolfenstein did somehow outsell Madden, you can bet he'd find a way to weasel out of the bet), but it will generate a lot of interest in the game and I bet Wolfenstein sells a lot more than it might have otherwise.

Madden only really sells for the first month anyway. the next time mit sales is like December/Jan after the price Drop

So it wont even beat the Price dropped madden

Maybe with Maddens retirement from football broadcasting this will drop sales to epic lows creating a void only Wolfenstein will fill. Cause we all know everyone just buys the game for Madden and not this little thing called football. On a side note, when has good old fashioned killing get beat out by sports with their so called "rules and regulations"?

Very clever marketing ploy. I hope Wolfenstein sells well. Obviously it has no chance of beating Madden sales, but maybe this will give it a boost.

I want Wolfenstien anyway-I mean it's Raven, it's virtually guaranteed to be at LEAST really strong-so maybe I'll do this, even though I know it won't win, and I'm not going to sign up for Twitter just for this.

The games that sell just piss me off sometimes :lol:

People are still stupid enough to buy a new crappy sports game each year? Until EA started trying new things like Mirror's Edge and Dead Space they didn't have a quality title to their name. They ran everything into the ground.

Not that I want an FPS either unless it supports M/KB.

I like the idea, probably woun't do it even though this is the first time in years I'm not buying Madden out of the gate -- will wait for some sort of deal down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back