Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection XBOX 360 $29.99 pre-order at Amazon

It was 29.99 at one point cause thats what my preorder price is at. Granted this was probably 6 months ago.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Excellent. Had the PS3 version on order, but I think I'd prefer the 360 triggers for pinball.[/QUOTE]
I agree, but how are they going to handle tilt? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth $30 for Medieval Madness and achievements, since I already have this on Wii.

[quote name='simmias']I agree, but how are they going to handle tilt? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth $30 for Medieval Madness and achievements, since I already have this on Wii.[/QUOTE]

Tales of Arabian is a top 10 pinball in the world, you also get No Good Gophers. I have the Wii version and PS2 version as well. I'd probably buy this without the 3 new tables simply for the better graphics. Buy it so they will make a Collection #2. lol. They need to know there are pinheads that are interested.

PS..I think Monster Bash was supposed to be on the PS3 version but I think they had licensing issues. Hopefully that becomes DLC in the future.

[quote name='Hardware']Hoping this sells well so they do more tables for DLC or a Collection 2 would be nice. In for 1.[/QUOTE]

This exactly!! Will be buying this one for sure. :bouncy:Man I hope they make more of these, this game is one of the top 5 Wii games available, so I can't wait for the new tables!

PS3 owners can get this at New Egg for like $28 or so, from an older post FYI.

The best deal on the PS3 version had already been posted/discussed in this thread ($27.99 shipped at Newegg). Unless you prefer Amazon to Newegg for some reason, Newegg is the way to go for the PS3 version.

I think the OP was likely aware of that previous thread and figured the best deal on the PS3 version had already been covered.

[quote name='D. Monic']The best deal on the PS3 version had already been posted/discussed in this thread ($27.99 shipped at Newegg). Unless you prefer Amazon to Newegg for some reason, Newegg is the way to go for the PS3 version.

I think the OP was likely aware of that previous thread and figured the best deal on the PS3 version had already been covered.[/QUOTE]
Ooooh, thanks for that actually. Will tell a friend about it.
But I have Prime, ECA and credit with Amazon making it a better overall deal for me here.

Thanks, I didn't realize this was getting a 360 release.

I missed out on the Gottlieb collection, so I'm glad to get this.

I've heard Pinball FX will be 400 points the week of the 21st. :)

In for a copy w/ECA discount and Amazon credit used for the purchase. About as cheap as the PS3 version at NewEgg, and I'd rather have this on the 360.

Thanks for the post, OK.

I cant decide whether to get this game for 360 or PS3. I like both controllers the same. Otherwise the games are identical right? I guess achievements are the only other difference.

Is this any different from the Wii version? While I loved that game, I didn't care for having to unlock all the tables and having to "earn" the credits. Also, not too crazy about paying a $10 or more premium for having it on an "HD" platform. :p

[quote name='Hardware']Tales of Arabian is a top 10 pinball in the world, you also get No Good Gophers. I have the Wii version and PS2 version as well. I'd probably buy this without the 3 new tables simply for the better graphics. Buy it so they will make a Collection #2. lol. They need to know there are pinheads that are interested.
PS..I think Monster Bash was supposed to be on the PS3 version but I think they had licensing issues. Hopefully that becomes DLC in the future.[/QUOTE]

Very cool to see CAGs speaking knowledgably about real pinball tables. I'm a pretty big fan of pinball (own 5 machines in my home arcade) so I'm digging that this is coming out for 360 and PS3. Too bad that Monster Bash will be missing. Also would have been cool if they could have somehow put in Revenge From Mars!

I think the next PHOF should be "The Stern Collection" since they've made a number of cool tables in the past several years including Lord of the Rings and Terminator 3 just to name a few.

I love the Wii version, but i am not too sure i want to get this just for 3 more tables. Going to just rented first before i decide to get it.

[quote name='roguejedi5']I love the Wii version, but i am not too sure i want to get this just for 3 more tables. Going to just rented first before i decide to get it.[/QUOTE]

Unless you already have Gamefly, a rental's almost 1/3 the price of the game. For a $30 game you've played on the wii, it's probably just worth waiting for reviews.

[quote name='James in VA']Very cool to see CAGs speaking knowledgably about real pinball tables. I'm a pretty big fan of pinball (own 5 machines in my home arcade) so I'm digging that this is coming out for 360 and PS3. Too bad that Monster Bash will be missing. Also would have been cool if they could have somehow put in Revenge From Mars!

I think the next PHOF should be "The Stern Collection" since they've made a number of cool tables in the past several years including Lord of the Rings and Terminator 3 just to name a few.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I only own a Lethal Weapon 3 which is actually in great shape. Unfortunately I only have room for one table. Recently I was thinking about upgrading to STTNG, but been busy with friends weddings and whatnot. This video pinball version will be nice to hold me over til I have a larger area to expand my collection.

No Good Gophers, Medieval Madness & Tales of the Arabian Nights??? This might, finally, push me into buying a 360 or PS3. Or are they going to release a new version for the Wii with the new tables and better physics? Hmm... maybe I do need a 360 Arcade after all....

EDIT: Damn - it looks like the amazon 360 console promos are over? Sigh.

[quote name='addicted2games']I cant decide whether to get this game for 360 or PS3. I like both controllers the same. Otherwise the games are identical right? I guess achievements are the only other difference.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of getting the PS3, since I assumed table nudging would be enabled through the motion sensors. Apparently it isn't though. Really strange.

My order automatically adjusted from my pre-order I placed on Monday, when it was $32.49 before my ECA discount. Now it's showing $29.99 - $3.00 (ECA discount) for $26.99, and $2.52 back to my gift card account.

I haven't been this excited about a video game in years. I usually don't get worked up cause I set myself up for disappointment, but seeing how good the ps2 and wii versions were it's hard not to be excited. They have the ball physics pretty much nailed. 3 new top notch tables with updated graphics FTW. I don't recall any tables having DMD on the ps2/wii versions. Zen looks nice on 360, but the ball is just way too fast to get any accuracy down. Feel like a 32yo kid waiting for xmas.

This is way too good to pass up at this price. I would have bought it for $40 bucks, but $10 off (and not even a $10 credit!) is excellent. Any pinball fans should be all over this.

Looks like I'm buying this for the third time. :) I already own the PSP and Wii versions, but the improved graphics and the addition of 3 more tables, 2 of which are ranked in the top 10 at the Internet Pinball Database (ipdb.org), I'm all over this one.

Came to 16.99 after ECA, Prime, and the $10 credit I got from buying Guitar Hero 5.

The PSP and Wii versions got so much playtime from me. I sank countless hours into Taxi in particular.

I pre-ordered this when it was $39.99, paid for with trade-in credit. Since it has dropped $10, I'm showing grand total = $-9.99. I see a button with my gift card balance and "Apply balance to this order." Does anyone know if this is how I get the $9.99 back into my balance, or if the credit will happen automatically? I don't want to end up paying for this twice.

Thanks

this was a great surprise. Didn't even know it was coming out. Great collection. I work on pinballs on the side (ironically have worked or owned at one time every pinball in the collection except for Arabian Nights). There are plenty of other greats to do a part 2. I own an Addams Family and Demolition Man, which Im wondering if they could ever do because of the movie rights.

@Hardware- STTNG is a Great pinball but does break down alot. If your good with fixing things, its a great machine.

[quote name='shiftyfink']@Hardware- STTNG is a Great pinball but does break down alot. If your good with fixing things, its a great machine.[/QUOTE]

I'm a newbie. I only changed the bulbs on my LW3 by myself. Never got into solenoids and whatnot. I started with LW3 cause it was a cheaper table to buy. Wanted to find out if it was worth having such an investment before I got something more expensive. Had it for 3 years. More than worth it. Now I want something with a much deeper rule set. I'd really like to go for a TZ, I hear it's a great table as well. Thanks for the advice.

ps.. Nothing more annoying than a pushed back street date. Let's just hope the delay gives a better result of the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
So tomorrow is the day and my 360 RRoD on Saturday night. This is my third (completely different machine) that has done this. Thankfully I own 2 360's so I'll still be playing this as soon as it's delivered.

I decided to trade in my Wii version and upgrade to 360. $10 off + ECA + my eventual trade-in credit is too good to pass up.

For some reason, I ended up stacking two ECA discounts on this game (360) and got it for $23.99 shipped. I had one ECA code already active in my system. Put the game in and it came up $26.99. I added a second code to always have one available and it came off the price as well. Don't know if that was just a fluke or if coincidentally I had been given a $3 promotional credit from Amazon, but I don't think so. Either way, for that price it's a nice deal.

[quote name='Hardware']Nice! I only own a Lethal Weapon 3 which is actually in great shape. Unfortunately I only have room for one table. Recently I was thinking about upgrading to STTNG, but been busy with friends weddings and whatnot. This video pinball version will be nice to hold me over til I have a larger area to expand my collection.[/QUOTE]

Same here, we own 1 machine and it is Lethal Weapon 3 that we bought off eBay about 8 years ago. I love it, but I haven't played many to compare it to others. Mine is in great shape now since we had someone come in and fix everything recently and it was actually a very reasonable price. Took a while to find someone who would come to your house to service pinball machines, no way was I going to take it in anywhere. Cleaned it all up and it is almost good as new now.

I'll have to get this game on 360 or ps3, havent decided yet which one. Its hard to find any place with pinball machines now. Even dave & busters doesnt have them anymore. I was in vegas last month and was going to stop by the pinball hall of fame but never got near it.

[quote name='Lethal04']Same here, we own 1 machine and it is Lethal Weapon 3 that we bought off eBay about 8 years ago. I love it, but I haven't played many to compare it to others. Mine is in great shape now since we had someone come in and fix everything recently and it was actually a very reasonable price. Took a while to find someone who would come to your house to service pinball machines, no way was I going to take it in anywhere. Cleaned it all up and it is almost good as new now.

I'll have to get this game on 360 or ps3, havent decided yet which one. Its hard to find any place with pinball machines now. Even dave & busters doesnt have them anymore. I was in vegas last month and was going to stop by the pinball hall of fame but never got near it.[/QUOTE]

It's a good fast table with some easy shots. Not a deep rule set though. Honestly I might buy this for both the 360 and ps3. Yeah it sounds stupid, but I really want this company to sell a lot so they are motivated to make more collections. It's a shame that the Pinball scene has died so many years ago. I never realized the Pinball Hall of Fame was real until I googled it a month ago. I gotta take a trip them sometime. Maybe next year for vacation.

The person that repaired your table doesn't have extra Blue Toppers do they? I broke the blue topper that covers the light on the backboard just recently by hitting it off a ceiling light. I was trying to take pictures of the cabinet. (sorry this is going off topic).

Sucks for me, since I got free shipping from Amazon it says estimated arrival is the 30th. I might buy it local and return the new copy when it arrives. For those of you who have been playing it, how do you like it? It got really good reviews so far.

I got three emails from Newegg, yesterday, in the span of one hour where they said they confirmed my order of this game, then confirmed it was going to be shipped, then they confirmed that they didn't have enough stock and are canceling my order. Those bastards. I saw Amazon had it at 29.99 shipped so I jumped on it last night. Whew! I need this game.

bread's done
Back