Photo
- - - - -

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection XBOX 360 $29.99 pre-order at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#61 Hardware

Hardware

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:24 AM

PS3 version is gimped if you care about trophies.
Very disappointing. Cancelled my order. I'll get it used someday, don't want to support sloppy work.

If you buy games just because of trophies you won't be happy. All you need to do is get on the high score list (in game, not PSN) for each table and you'll get a bronze trophy (for each table). There is really no challenge to this. I did it in a few hours simply by playing the game and not shooting for trophies. I bought both versions and the 360 has a more clever approach. You need to complete 5 table goals to unlock and achievement as well as complete 5 wizard goals (after you complete initial table goals) to unlock additional achievements. Regardless this game is awesome. I can't see how any pinball fan could wait to play it. It's amazing!

#62 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

I've ordered a copy of the 360 version... and I don't have a 360 yet. I'm going to buy a 360 Elite this week, and the main reason is this game. The Wii version is awesome, and adding Medieval Madness, Tales of the Arabian Nights and No Good Gofers (not to mention HD)? This is as close as I'll ever get to owning any of those machines. The Wii (and PS2) version showed that the developers of the game love pinball machines, not video game pinball. My only pre-disappointment is that I will be losing motion control for bumping the machine. That was the perfect interface for that.

EDIT: by any chance did they add the ability to set game options, and by the that I mean the options available on the real machine? That is one disappointment with the Wii version - you get the settings as they deliver them and no other. You can't make the games harder or easier by adjusting rule settings, adjusting the playfield angle, etc.

#63 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:36 PM

I got my copy last week, and like Shrike the disc had popped out but luckily it wasn't scratched. Got the 50 cent refund to.

Game is awesome, I've put a few hours into it already and it's great, they totally nailed the ball physics. Medieval Madness is a nice addition to, I think it's my favorite table.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#64 gar3

gar3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

EDIT: by any chance did they add the ability to set game options, and by the that I mean the options available on the real machine? That is one disappointment with the Wii version - you get the settings as they deliver them and no other. You can't make the games harder or easier by adjusting rule settings, adjusting the playfield angle, etc.

Same options as the Wii version as far as I can tell :cry:

#65 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

Dang (on the lack of options).

Hopefully it will sell well enough to warrant a sequel. Or could they offer additional machines via DLC? That would be awesome. If that's possible, hopefully they recognize that there is plenty of revenue out there for them from pinball fanatics if they were to offer DLC add-on machines. Either way I'm really looking forward to my copy arriving and to picking up a 360 to play it on!

#66 UjnHunter

UjnHunter

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

Will order this tomorrow with ECA baby! :) I have it for the Wii, but it looks slick for the 360 and it comes with 3 more tables and achievements! Pinball rocks.
-Ujn Hunter
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
PS3: Dead Or Alive 5
PSP Vita: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Wii U: Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
iOS: After Burner Climax

#67 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

Huh. I also had the ECA "glitch" or whatever you want to call it. I didn't even notice it until after I had placed my order...I guess I already had one discount in there, but I put in a code on checkout and it stacked. 23 bucks and change for this? Hell yeah. Sort of wished I hadn't picked up Pinball FX last week now, fortunately it was only 5 bucks.
Posted Image

#68 Guest_crazy blain_*

Guest_crazy blain_*

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

I preordered this a couple months ago and per tracking it's FINALLY going to be delivered today. Damn Amazon and their free shipping. They've really been slowing it down alot lately. I think they are really trying to get me to sign up for Prime and I am almost convinced to do it. I don't know why but I have been anxiously awaiting this game intensely, but I think it's because of PinBot.

Edit: Got it a few hours ago, can't put it down. Absolutely LOVE it. I used to play PinBot, Space Shuttle, Gorgar, Sorcerer, and Black Knight when they were in arcades and bars. Perfect re-creations, and I LOVE how they even occasionally simulate the stuck flipper.

Edited by crazy blain, 28 September 2009 - 10:58 PM.

#69 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:36 AM

I'm going crazy waiting on this game to come in. Amazon confirmed that they shipped it out using the FSSS last Monday. I still haven't received it yet and tomorrow is my estimated delivery date. So I'm really hoping it'll be in tomorrow.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#70 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:50 AM

The game is fun, but there are some issues. The 3 new tables have a different setting for the camera angles than the rest of the tables. You also cannot save your preferred camera angle for each table....always reverts back to the 1st one when you come back to the table after playing a different one. Game is very light on options.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#71 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:25 PM

The game is fun, but there are some issues. The 3 new tables have a different setting for the camera angles than the rest of the tables. You also cannot save your preferred camera angle for each table....always reverts back to the 1st one when you come back to the table after playing a different one. Game is very light on options.

But it more than makes up for the intense authentic action! I'm loving this game! Medieval Madness is easily my favorite table. :bouncy:

#72 weevles

weevles

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:38 PM

I got my copy last week, and like Shrike the disc had popped out but luckily it wasn't scratched. Got the 50 cent refund to.

Game is awesome, I've put a few hours into it already and it's great, they totally nailed the ball physics. Medieval Madness is a nice addition to, I think it's my favorite table.

I really enjoy Medieval Madness too. It's my favorite of the "freeplay" tables.

#73 fart_bubble

fart_bubble

A fart that says "Ni"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

wish it looked like Best Buy was going to get this, would love to use my rewards certificates for it. Might just end up grabbing Raiden IV
Posted ImagePosted Image

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats

#74 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

I got my copy yesterday and set up my new Elite 360 for it (my first 360, pretty much bought for this game) and it's awesome. It doesn't, unfortunately, seem to have any additional options over the Wii version (I mean, you can't change the games to 5 ball or 2 ball or whatever, you can't change difficulty settings, nor mess with the playfield angle), but the graphics are obviously much better (even on my 720p set) and the awesome physics along with 3 new, much more modern pins make it all worth it. If you played the Wii or PS2 version you already knew that these folks had the physics down like no other. Everything works - backhands, post passes, etc. Just amazing. I do miss the motion controls for bumping the machine, but I suppose eventually I'll get use to using the analog stick for that (so far not). Also I wish I could choose my default views for the games instead of having to change them when I start playing - I don't like the uber-zoomed in view it defaults to, but that's a minor nit. Fantastic stuff and a must-have.

#75 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:29 PM

I was holding off on this, but ended up ordering it last week. I will be building an Xbox 360 pinball controller at some point and posting a guide for it. :)

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#76 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 02:38 PM

I will be building an Xbox 360 pinball controller at some point and posting a guide for it. :)

Good idea, I'll be looking forward to that!

#77 LeRoy

LeRoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

I use to love Pinball games, wonder if I should pick this one up. Too many games to play.
Posted Image

#78 Lethal04

Lethal04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:52 PM

Still waiting on my copy for the 360 that I ordered last week. FSS has been really slow lately.

#79 yyr

yyr

XBLIG Developer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

One feature that is often overlooked on the 360 version (and maybe PS3?) is the leaderboard feature, accessible from the main menu. I didn't even know it was there until I blundered into it recently. Go for the top of the boards =)

#80 heavy liquid

heavy liquid

tastes like burning

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

One feature that is often overlooked on the 360 version (and maybe PS3?) is the leaderboard feature, accessible from the main menu. I didn't even know it was there until I blundered into it recently. Go for the top of the boards =)

Actually, the leaderboards is one of the major complaints people seem to have with the game (at least with the 360 version -- dunno if the PS3 is the same), because you can't sort by your friend's list. Bummer.

#81 Guest_crazy blain_*

Guest_crazy blain_*

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

Yes, the lack of a leaderboard filter is a bummer. Thankfully that is about the biggest complaint I have with this game.

#82 Hardware

Hardware

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:59 PM

Completed all Trophies, now I got my repaired 360 back today. Looks like it's time to start on achievements tonight. This game was more than worth it. I don't care about not having dip switch options. You'll buy a real table if you want that feature. : )

#83 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

Buying a Medieval Madness (real one) for dip switches would make those dip switches pretty astoundingly valuable!

This and an xbox 360 are my substitute for not being even remotely able to afford the real machine. I could afford one of the older games, but not all of them. So... I really wish it offered machine settings to match the real machines. Oh well. Still a great game of course.

#84 sinigord

sinigord

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:19 AM

Now $29.49 at Amazon. I missed on the pre-order at $29.99, so was happy to get it now.