Photo
- - - - -

Free Snow White Steelbook w/pre-order at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#151 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

According to the back of the steelbook package, if you don't pick up your pre-order by 10/25/09, you can refund the pre-order. What I don't know is if you have to give back the steelbook or not if you refund the pre-order after 10/25, since it is listed on the receipt with a SKU #.

#152 Greenboom98

Greenboom98

End Of Time traveler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

Just picked mine up yesturday at BB. They still had a couple of steelbooks left. I'll PM with TRU ad and get it for 9.99 AC. The steelbook is don't know... a bit "empty"... not a lot of designing went into it... looks really blank is what I mean. Still looks nice though from the inside. Can't wait to get the UP steelbook. :-D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#153 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

The steelbook is don't know... a bit "empty"... not a lot of designing went into it... looks really blank is what I mean.

What are you talking about, man. The cover is fucking class.

This is one of my favorite things about a lot of steelbooks. Quite a few of them use alternate art, that is often more subtle than the usual advertise-y photo collage covers you see on a lot of regular DVDs (make no mistake, though, they look great with full art, too; The Dark Knight and Indy 4 steelbooks are amazing). As collector's items, they're aware that they don't necessarily need to be loud enough to grab the attention of someone who doesn't already want to buy them. Some examples:
Spoiler

Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#154 Greenboom98

Greenboom98

End Of Time traveler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

I know what you mean CoffeeEdge. Still look nice nevertheless... By the way I also have the Cloverfield one too. One of my favorites is the Planet Terror & Deathproof ones ones... simply awesome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#155 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

Are there ads for next week yet? Any chance Best Buy has a lower price than 25.99?

#156 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:15 PM

According to the back of the steelbook package, if you don't pick up your pre-order by 10/25/09, you can refund the pre-order. What I don't know is if you have to give back the steelbook or not if you refund the pre-order after 10/25, since it is listed on the receipt with a SKU #.

I look forward to hearing about people try this.
Walmart is probably going to be getting my cash since they take the coupons without blinking an eye.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#157 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

I look forward to hearing about people try this.
Walmart is probably going to be getting my cash since they take the coupons without blinking an eye.

Well, I'll be doing this, so you'll hear about it from me.

Worst case and they don't take it back without the steelbook, I'll get it for $17.50 w/a $5 GC to TRU, $10 from TRU AC and $7.50 for the "preorder" .

#158 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

Well, I'll be doing this, so you'll hear about it from me.

Worst case and they don't take it back without the steelbook, I'll get it for $17.50 w/a $5 GC to TRU, $10 from TRU AC and $7.50 for the "preorder" .

That's a good option, TRU is coupon friendly. I wouldn't normally sweat it but my pumpkin opened the steel book shrink.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#159 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:24 AM

I just canceled two pre-orders a few days ago. Handed them them the receipt and said "I would like to cancel these pre-orders". I got a refund, there was no mention of the Steelbooks.

I'll be picking this up from Wally along with MVA.

#160 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

Do you have to cancel the preorder at the BBY at which is was placed, or can you go to another location?

#161 cloudspear

cloudspear

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

I just canceled two pre-orders a few days ago. Handed them them the receipt and said "I would like to cancel these pre-orders". I got a refund, there was no mention of the Steelbooks.

I'll be picking this up from Wally along with MVA.

Check your credit card statement if you paid with a cc. I did this before with another pre order. On the receipt they return the whole price but on my cc statement they didn't refund the whole pre order price. They subtract it with the preorder item. BB is a bad company.

#162 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

What happens if we never show up to pick up the pre-order at all? Do they wait two weeks then put the BD back on the shelf and I essentially paid $7.50 for the SteelBook? If this has already been discussed sorry.

#163 xbox_mole

xbox_mole

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

What happens if we never show up to pick up the pre-order at all? Do they wait two weeks then put the BD back on the shelf and I essentially paid $7.50 for the SteelBook? If this has already been discussed sorry.

In my experience with pre-orders my store never held the pre-ordered copies aside anyway for people so they'd never know if you didn't pick it up at all or not. I guess they'd know on some report, but it wouldn't matter to them because nothing was being held outside of the normal stock on the shelf.

#164 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

Get a refund but keep your steelbook or sell it.

#165 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

Isn't this sort of rip-off normally looked down on around here? What's going on?
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#166 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:04 AM

Isn't this sort of rip-off normally looked down on around here? What's going on?

Cancelling a pre-order is a common practice here and Best Buys own policies permit cancelling pre-orders for full refunds without returning the bonuses.

#167 Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:21 AM

Cancelling a pre-order is a common practice here and Best Buys own policies permit cancelling pre-orders for full refunds without returning the bonuses.

I find it hard to believe that BB doesn't mind people keeping the bonuses when they cancel a pre-order. Any evidence of these "policies"?

Will they probably do anything about it? No.

Does that make it okay? No.

End of the day, if you can live with it, then go ahead and do it. Of course, that goes for pretty much anything in life though.

#168 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:40 AM

On a less morally dubious topic. Is anyone here getting the BluRay Book combo? I assume that the combo comes in a hopefully decent slipcase.

I'd love the steelbook but don't see a reason if I can't store everything in it. Can it even house all the 3 discs?

#169 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:07 AM

Yeah it has spaces for 3 discs.

#170 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:04 PM

Free offer for the steelbook is officially gone from the online store. I tried adding both to my cart and it's charging me $15.00 for the SB and $24.99 for the movie which is just too much when TRU is offering the movie for $19.99 (and probably more willing to accept the $10 off coupon).

Thought about going the route of ordering from BB and adding Sleeping Beauty on Blu Ray to get the $15 GC, but the movie is jacked up to $29.99 now which makes this deal totally blow.
Posted Image

#171 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

I was able to price match the TRU ad and use the disney snow white coupon so my total was $11.25 with tax. Good deal especially having the steelbook.

#172 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

Picked mine up with no hassle whatsoever even though I feared the wrath of Satan with all the initial pre-order, checking out, fiasco. Grabbed the BD for $24.99, proceeded to customer service. Lady asked me what I needed, I said 'just to pay for this, I pre-ordered it and it says to come to the customer service counter." At this point, I got a 'Whaaaa..." expression from her, and a "You pre-ordered that?? did you put like $5 down?" I said, "No, it was $7.50, and I have my receipt right here." She scanned the receipt, then the movie. Asked for $18.22 (w/ tax). I even glanced over the counter at the screen (they never face you at the CSR desk) and noticed the pre-order line item was in red. I guess they have special buttons to handle pre-orders.

At any rate, I'm glad I had no problems and got this magnificent package of a blu ray and get to introduce something new to my 3 year old son.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#173 koji126

koji126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

I was able to price match the TRU ad and use the disney snow white coupon so my total was $11.25 with tax. Good deal especially having the steelbook.

Wow, very lucky there. They don't normally let you use a coupon if you price match.

#174 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

Wow, very lucky there. They don't normally let you use a coupon if you price match.

They do if it's a manufacturer's coupon (they get reimbursed the same amount no matter what).

76561197983083270.png

#175 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:32 PM

Check your credit card statement if you paid with a cc. I did this before with another pre order. On the receipt they return the whole price but on my cc statement they didn't refund the whole pre order price. They subtract it with the preorder item. BB is a bad company.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here but in this case wouldn't he own them $7.50 before leaving, since the retail for the steelbook is $15?
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#176 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

Went to the new bb at fox hills and cancelled the pre order. Got no mention of the steelbooks. I asked if I could pm but was denied so I cancelled. Ended up getting them at amazon for $5 each
ing Details : (order will arrive in 1 shipment)
Order #: 002-7067825-8814639
Shipping Method: Two-Day Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $ $39.98
Shipping & Handling: $ $0.00
Promotion Applied: $ -$0.00
Promotion Applied: $ -$20.00
Snow White Thanks: $ -$10.00
$ ------
Total for this Order: $ $9.98

$
Delivery estimate:$October 21, 2009$-$October 26, 2009
2 "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + BD Live w/ Blu-ray packaging) [Blu-ray]"
Adriana Caselotti; Blu-ray; $19.99

#177 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:03 PM

ARGH, I KNOW I put the receipt for my pre-order in my wallet but now it's nowhere to be found. The whole reason I did that is so I wouldn't lose it. ugh. Do they NEED the ORIGINAL receipt or could I take the printout from the Reward Zone entry for the pre-order?

#178 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

Anyone know if you have to go back to the same BB you pre-ordered from in order to pick up your pre-order?

th_w03j81.gif  mza_7292321025846149538.100x100-75.jpg

#179 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

Anyone know if you have to go back to the same BB you pre-ordered from in order to pick up your pre-order?

I believe so.
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#180 koji126

koji126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:14 PM

They do if it's a manufacturer's coupon (they get reimbursed the same amount no matter what).

Cool, I guess I'll give a pm a chance then. Thanks.