Resident Evil 4 app for iPhone $2.99 till 9/7

A waste of money even at $2.99. Get a GameCube or a Wii if you want the unadulterated experience. All the Ganados swarms that made RE4 a terrifying experience are nowhere to be seen on the Mobile Edition, and the character model animations.... ugh.

If I had an iPhone, I'd definitely get it. It doesn't look that bad. Even if it's not the same experience as the console version, $2.99 is only $2.99.

[quote name='bokmeow']A waste of money even at $2.99. Get a GameCube or a Wii if you want the unadulterated experience. All the Ganados swarms that made RE4 a terrifying experience are nowhere to be seen on the Mobile Edition, and the character model animations.... ugh.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you mistook the iPhone for a GameCube with a GameCube controller. As it stands, the hardware is much different and only a touch-screen interface is possible. Expecting a cheap piece of software on a much less powerful system to be the same as a $50 console title is silly.

[quote name='eastx']Perhaps you mistook the iPhone for a GameCube with a GameCube controller. As it stands, the hardware is much different and only a touch-screen interface is possible. Expecting a cheap piece of software on a much less powerful system to be the same as a $50 console title is silly.[/QUOTE]

Technically if the actual game even mattered to them, they could have taken advantage of the hardware in the 3Gs, instead of just trying to turn a quick buck. :roll:

[quote name='eastx']Perhaps you mistook the iPhone for a GameCube with a GameCube controller. As it stands, the hardware is much different and only a touch-screen interface is possible. Expecting a cheap piece of software on a much less powerful system to be the same as a $50 console title is silly.[/QUOTE]

Word. Anyone who loved RE4 would appreciate this as it is. I have it for GC, PS2 AND Wii (bought them in that order because GC was first, then PS2 had extra content, then I wanted to try the Wii controls and it was 10 bucks for BF last year).

It is actually better than I expected for an iphone game. Yeah, it's not as in depth as the console version, but actually has a pretty similar control scheme. Not to mention that it has aspects I wouldn't have expected like the yellow herbs which extend your health and the merchant who upgrades your stuff.

Great for playing when you have a long wait at the doctor's etc.

[quote name='bokmeow']A waste of money even at $2.99. Get a GameCube or a Wii if you want the unadulterated experience. All the Ganados swarms that made RE4 a terrifying experience are nowhere to be seen on the Mobile Edition, and the character model animations.... ugh.[/QUOTE]

Let me know how you managed to fit your Gamecube into your pocket and power it, along with a display.

Picked it up. It's worth $2.99, but not much more. It's hard to get used to the controls. I'm sure once I get the hang of it, I'll enjoy it a lot more.

[quote name='Vegan']Let me know how you managed to fit your Gamecube into your pocket and power it, along with a display.[/QUOTE]

Actually you can, it's a PSP :D

Seriously, that system needs a Resident Evil game SOOOOO badly, and should have gotten 4. I'm soooo glad one's finally been announced.

mobile version Leon has a very different haircut. animation is kinda, how do i put this?....crappy. but, it's mobile. so i guess if you really needed a RE4 fix on the go for $2.99, this would be it.

So how long is it?
Wish companies would release games for other phones besides the IPhone, like the HTC touch pro 2.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wish companies would release games for other phones besides the IPhone, like the HTC touch pro 2.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you on that one. I felt the same way when I had a Tilt and Fuze and feel the same way now even with an iPhone. Too bad the installed user base is predominantly business users for WinMo phones. :(

[quote name='Jobberwock']Word. Anyone who loved RE4 would appreciate this as it is. I have it for GC, PS2 AND Wii (bought them in that order because GC was first, then PS2 had extra content, then I wanted to try the Wii controls and it was 10 bucks for BF last year).

It is actually better than I expected for an iphone game. Yeah, it's not as in depth as the console version, but actually has a pretty similar control scheme. Not to mention that it has aspects I wouldn't have expected like the yellow herbs which extend your health and the merchant who upgrades your stuff.

Great for playing when you have a long wait at the doctor's etc.[/QUOTE]

That's just... sad. Not even bordering on fanatacism --- completely fell over the deep end already.

It's your money though, so do what you want with it.

[quote name='bokmeow']That's just... sad. Not even bordering on fanatacism --- completely fell over the deep end already.

It's your money though, so do what you want with it.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather buy three copies of RE4 than get Madden each year, or the 9-million Halo spinoffs that are we seeing now (Wars, ODST, god knows how many more in the following months...)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wish companies would release games for other phones besides the IPhone, like the HTC touch pro 2.[/QUOTE]

I've never even heard of such a phone. Which I think answers your question.

[quote name='Vegan']I've never even heard of such a phone. Which I think answers your question.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty well known, but more to the point it's a Windows Mobile phone. Windows Mobile is actually a better platform for them for a variety of reasons, chief among them you can actually own games for it, versus Apple's ultra-closed/restrictive Mobile OS X.

[quote name='georox']I'd rather buy three copies of RE4 than get Madden each year, or the 9-million Halo spinoffs that are we seeing now (Wars, ODST, god knows how many more in the following months...)[/QUOTE]

That's a hilarious rebuttal, considering I don't play exactly zero sports video games, and I HATE football.

Georox wasn't making much of a point other than saying he loves Japanese-style games over American games. But I don't think he was accusing you of liking them either, Bokmeow.

That is quite a lot of activity from a thread I started just to save people a couple of bucks! :) There are some awfully witty folks here. I esp. liked the comments about fitting the GC in your pocket, and the reply about how it is called a PSP.

[quote name='bigdaddycjh']That is quite a lot of activity from a thread I started just to save people a couple of bucks! :) There are some awfully witty folks here. I esp. liked the comments about fitting the GC in your pocket, and the reply about how it is called a PSP.[/QUOTE]

I started out thinking "oh, that would be cool", and then realized, "oh wait, we've actually had a system from the same generation since 2005...they just need to fraking make that Resident Evil game already! :D

And no light gun games :cold: :bomb:

I swear, I could see Capcom coming out with a light gun peripheral for the PSP, just so they can manage to have a crappy non-Resident Evil Resident Evil game on the system, rather than just making a real one (or porting the series or something, which I'd be fine with too...or in addition-who wouldn't buy another copy of RE4 for when you're waiting and just need to frak some zombies? :lol: )

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's pretty well known, but more to the point it's a Windows Mobile phone. Windows Mobile is actually a better platform for them for a variety of reasons, chief among them you can actually own games for it, versus Apple's ultra-closed/restrictive Mobile OS X.[/QUOTE]

I have the Original Touch Pro and gave up on developers coming out with games for it like they do for the iphone simply because most users with phones like ours are mainly business oriented people. I've owned Wm phones since the ppc 6700 and will never go back to a normal phone again. Although if Verizon gets the Iphone 3gs im tempted.

bread's done
Back