Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

• Please log in to reply
2190 replies to this topic

#61 Ginourmus

Ginourmus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:24 AM

No, I got them online... I don't have a family video near me. The games and everything are fine I'm more just curious as to why this is because this is because it's now twice that i've seen this. I searched online for punch-out faded cover but couldn't find anything. I've never seen this with any other game just punch-out.

Is it a Re-Printed cover on normal printer paper? Every so often adboxes will disappear and we have to re-print them. These covers will look crappy.

Also, Removing the center sticker from a family video game/movie and using it without removing the sticky residue could be bad. After doing so for my copy of Super Smash Bros brawl, and playing the game for a few days straight, the game would not eject from the system. The reason being the residue when heated became tacky again, and stuck inside the machine.

After letting the system cool for a day or 2 it finally came out, and I discovered this was the problem. A bit of goo b gone did the trick and the sticky residue is gone, and now your disc really does look brand new! :D

#62 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:29 AM

I really doubt online sales would sell cover art that way, but I could be mistaken. At least I haven't heard of it before. Yah if you decide to strip that sticker off the ring, either heat it up with a hair dryer on a flat surface so you dont warp the disc, or use goo gone. Not worth damaging your system worrying about a taped on ring.

#63 Ginourmus

Ginourmus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:35 AM

I really doubt online sales would sell cover art that way, but I could be mistaken. At least I haven't heard of it before. Yah if you decide to strip that sticker off the ring, either heat it up with a hair dryer on a flat surface so you dont warp the disc, or use goo gone. Not worth damaging your system worrying about a taped on ring.

The used online sales come straight from the Family Video Stores. I ship out about 3-5 orders a week straight to peoples houses that come through the Familyvideo.com website. If we only have the printed cover, that's what we send. It's very rare though

#64 smcmanus1980

smcmanus1980

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:47 AM

No I just took a look at it again... It's definately the original cover art by the paper. The colors are just not bright like the art I've seen on the copies at TRU, Wal-Mart, etc. Like I said I noticed this on the display cases at Gamestop and thought it was odd because the cases to the actual games there were the normal bright ones. I think maybe FV had some copies without cases and decided to send them in those promotional display cases instead. I am thinking this more so now because as I look at the back of the covers - everything there is written once in English, once in French, and once in another langage (Italian/Spanish/Portuguese ...can't tell)

#65 Ginourmus

Ginourmus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:50 PM

as I look at the back of the covers - everything there is written once in English, once in French, and once in another langage (Italian/Spanish/Portuguese ...can't tell)

Most 1st party Nintendo games are like that. The instructions are super thick and have all 3 languages in them as well.

#66 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

Ghostbusters is showing as 29.99 for The 360 version. I thought $20 sounded awfully low. Would've picked it up at that price.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#67 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

okay added 3 more titles this morning..and ^^^ yes the website currently shows as 29.99, sometimes it takes a few days for it to update online..these deals are in store NOW. I don't know why there is the delay...but for all the titles I've listed previously they seem to match up after a few days. I'll make sure to update the OP to reflect that.

Edited by XT14, 20 October 2009 - 03:07 PM.
edit

#68 lukejskywalker

lukejskywalker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

Ghostbusters is showing as 29.99 for The 360 version. I thought $20 sounded awfully low. Would've picked it up at that price.

Check at the store level. My store is at $19.99 for Ghostbusters on the 360.
Let's roll in my covered wagon!

#69 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:00 PM

The only Family Video here is very ghetto and lame. Considering the good service I've had with them online, I bet all of them aren't like this one. I had to sheepishly leave the store without buying anything. The purchase selection was so poor that it made me feel embarrassed for them, or something.

#70 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:02 AM

^^yah that's a shame, smaller stores wont have as much to sell since they need to keep a couple to rent..and if they only got in a couple to begin with..well..there ya go. That's why there isn't many ps3 titles in my OP because even the big stores don't get more than a few copies most times....then you have madden where my store (averaged sized) got 20+ copies for the 360 alone. Anyway I'll update soon when I figure out what exact date the online store matches prices.

#71 bravesfan25

bravesfan25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

the website has been updated.

#72 wolverinevseveryone

wolverinevseveryone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

I bought Punchout and Mario Power Tennis for Nintendo Wii. No manuals though!!!

#73 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:10 AM

im going tomorrow to go check to see if they have any PS2 systems left...are all stores supposed to sell the systems?

#74 jpatern

jpatern

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:19 AM

Missed out on 50 cent game for 9.99. I didn't see it in the used games. I would have bit for that amount. :(

#75 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:46 AM

^^^^jpatern yah if you have any local stores check there..mine still has some I'm sure.....and jj5206 yes stores are supposed to sell all remaining ps2 systems in stock..

#76 guitar1god

guitar1god

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

Is the beatles rock band still 30$? if so I have to go buy it, but I would like to know first if anyone else has seen it.

#77 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:14 AM

once they drop the price they don't increase it. It doesn't seem like there are any more copies online at this moment, not sure when they would get more back in stock. In any of your stores though this price will stay the same until they either sell out or drop the price sometime in the future.

#78 41down

41down

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:27 AM

i picked up 50 cent blood in the sand for 360 at my local family video today for $9.99. the game and case are in great shape...sadly no manual though. anyone know any sites that sell manuals? cant find any on ebay.

#79 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

i picked up 50 cent blood in the sand for 360 at my local family video today for $9.99. the game and case are in great shape...sadly no manual though. anyone know any sites that sell manuals? cant find any on ebay.

If you need one that bad why don't you go to your local Gamestop and take the one out of the display copies they have out on the floor for free.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#80 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

^^^so thats why the new display copy I bought at gamestop came without a manual once!

j/k....no one buys the open display copies at gamestop..pay full price and don't even get to open your own new game...hope they have done away with that...or are working on it....

#81 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

only reason I care about the manual is for resell/retrade later on.

It's not risking theft though. Just ask if you can have it with purchase of another game. For that particular title, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

#82 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

^^^yeah if you run into another fam vid, just like i tell others, chance are there will be a manual..just tell them you didnt get it from another store, theyll hook you up..guess you could bring in the game just in case they give you a weird look....also another update, unfortunately there aren't any new pricings for games to be had this week..check back next week for new updates.

#83 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:57 AM

alright updated as of tonight one new 360 game and 5 price drops, as usual store prices are instant, online will update wednesday

#84 jjmai

jjmai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:52 PM

looks like bionic commando is sold out already...

#85 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:08 AM

updated as of tonight, nothing really new, check back next monday night for new entries!

#86 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:36 PM

5 New Titles This Week

#87 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

Thanks for the update. Saw Mario and Sonic Winter Games for $29.95 at my store. Might pick up a couple of copies as Xmas gifts.

My store has 20 rental copies each of L4D2 and MW2 for the 360. Obviously, those will be big time candidates for future sales once the rental demand for those games dies down.

#88 XT14

XT14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:30 PM

5 Price Drops this week (3 360/1 Wii/1 PS2) Also all original xbox games and gamecube games in store are dropped to $2.95 until they are gone. My store still had a few decent ones left, of course YMMV.

#89 D. Monic

D. Monic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:29 AM

Thanks as always, XT14. Stopped by my local Famvid to pick up the last copy of Ghostbusters Wii. It's a no-brainer at $10. They've lowered it to $10 on the Web site already as well.

#90 romaink

romaink

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

Just picked up 007:Quantum of Solace (360) for $9.95!!!
It's still $16.99 online, so you may want to check your local store.