Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the list.

What day do drops take effect?  I may be missing out on drops that others are getting because the local store is lazy; they have three copies of some games tagged R1G1 that are not available for sale.

Thanks for the list.

What day do drops take effect? I may be missing out on drops that others are getting because the local store is lazy; they have three copies of some games tagged R1G1 that are not available for sale.
I'd say once a month. Every Monday we get the weekly schedule of random tasks and sometimes the Games For Sale list gets updated and sometimes not.

What is that R1G1 game that you're looking at?

I can't recall off the top of my head, I know that it's a game that I already own.  I think it was Resident Evil Revelations for PS3, they have three copies tagged R1G1 with none tagged for sale.  Just thought it was odd that they would want to hold onto so many copies of a game that probably hasn't rented in months.

Also, they may have actually tagged a few things this week but I probably missed them.  They only had two copies of Wolfinstein and they no longer had Mario Party 8 on the shelf.

I can't recall off the top of my head, I know that it's a game that I already own. I think it was Resident Evil Revelations for PS3, they have three copies tagged R1G1 with none tagged for sale. Just thought it was odd that they would want to hold onto so many copies of a game that probably hasn't rented in months.
I'd bring it up and ask if could buy it. It should automatically ring up as $9.99!

Hmm, nothing all that special. The Wolfenstein price is solid, but with so many games coming up cheaply for Black Friday, I still don't think I could bite (still have half of Halo 2, plus Halo 3 and Halo 4 to beat as well).

Finally!  I scored a Kirby RTD for 9.99! My fiance had a wedding shower to go to on the other side of Pittsburgh yesterday, so I ended up going with and drove around while she was there.  I found a rather untouched FV that had a treasure trove of games.  

I also scored a Super Mario All-Stars for 9.99, which is something I hadn't seen at any of my local FV stores.  The guy wouldn't part with Skyward sword, however.  But still, it was well worth the trip.  

And as an added bonus, both games still had unused CN codes in them.

Finally! I scored a Kirby RTD for 9.99! My fiance had a wedding shower to go to on the other side of Pittsburgh yesterday, so I ended up going with and drove around while she was there. I found a rather untouched FV that had a treasure trove of games.

I also scored a Super Mario All-Stars for 9.99, which is something I hadn't seen at any of my local FV stores. The guy wouldn't part with Skyward sword, however. But still, it was well worth the trip.

And as an added bonus, both games still had unused CN codes in them.
Awesome score!

My family video has a ton of quality wii games how exactly do I go about buying them? I'd love to pick some up cheap before someone else hits it.

If they're not marked, you have to asked the person working if he will sell them. If you get rejected, that's it.
Yeah, but if they give you the "if it's not marked, it's not for sale" line, tell them that the other stores you've gone to look them up to see if they're sellable. Most of the time they'll look them up, but they still may not be able to sell them. One store over here has a manager that is hoarding games, including 4 copies of Super Mario Galaxy 2 that they refuse to even check if they can be sold.

is the price of the sticker the same online? Is there any chance when it scans it will show up the online price or does not even bother going there? My local store has wolfenstein for ps4 for 19.99 according to the sticker, but the guys has not scanned yet. (I called them)

I live in California and this is the first time I ordered (registered on this site). It says order may not arrive in time for Christmas, really that much time?

I got wolfenstien for ps4. Anyone else in California ever ordered from there before?

Haven't rented or purchased any games from them in many years now. But I am interested in some of these deals. 

is the price of the sticker the same online? Is there any chance when it scans it will show up the online price or does not even bother going there? My local store has wolfenstein for ps4 for 19.99 according to the sticker, but the guys has not scanned yet. (I called them)
When the employee scans it, it will ring up as $12.99. If you want to make sure you get it for the advertised price, bring up an unmarked copy to the front and ask if this is for sale :) I hope it helps!

I went by my preferred Family Video today. They were busy, so I didn't bother getting anything. That, and I couldn't get Best Buy's trade-in page to load so I could check TiVs. The only things of value marked were Wolfenstein and Spider-Man 2. I was hoping to snag Transformers and Sniper Elite for $20 each on PS4, as they go to Best Buy for $28 or so each, but I just didn't want to deal with employees who didn't know me and get shot down.

Ordered two copies of Wolfenstein for the Xbox One in case one of them has more scratches than I'd like. Hopefully the sticker in the middle won't be too much of a pain to get off.

Ordered two copies of Wolfenstein for the Xbox One in case one of them has more scratches than I'd like. Hopefully the sticker in the middle won't be too much of a pain to get off.
The stickers in the middle generally come off very easily. They do leave residue though so a little goo gone comes in handy.

[quote name="jvang117" post="12258886" timestamp="1416616267"]When the employee scans it, it will ring up as $12.99. If you want to make sure you get it for the advertised price, bring up an unmarked copy to the front and ask if this is for sale :) I hope it helps![/quote]
It worked. I got a case without sticker, but they said it had to have a sticker. Got another case with a big sticker saying 19.99. However, it scanned 12.99 and they let it go. Bought the game for ps4 for 12.99. Thank you!!!

Found a good deal on Dragon's Crown at my local Family Video. Got it for $7.99 and it was in really good shape. Looking forward to playing it.

My online experience was excellent. I ordered Wolfenstein for xbox one last Friday night, it shipped saturday and arrived tuesday. It came complete. The disk and case looked new.

I placed my order on Friday, and today it says Marked for Review under order status. Not sure what that means, they don't have a number to call so not much I can do than be patient :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back