Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone ever had any luck getting a FV to sell you an unmarked game if they have multiple copies of it?
Its ymmv of course but at my fv we check to see how often the game is rented vs the number of copies in our store and determine if its worth keeping. I just sold several wii games that were unmarked and our only copies simply bc they hadn't been rented in a year. Long story short never hurts to ask.

I dropped by FV today while waiting for a pizza at the Papa Johns next door.  I found Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth 2 :360: for 9.99. This is new, because it wasn't tagged for sale last week.  Needless to say, I'm excited.

Only other thing of note was Infamous: SS :ps4: for 29.99.  I passed since I don't have a PS4 yet.

Has anyone ever had any luck getting a FV to sell you an unmarked game if they have multiple copies of it?
I decided to push my luck today and it paid off. My FV had a lone copy of Skyward Sword, clearly not for sale. i asked about it and the girl looked it up and said she could sell it. Sadly, she couldn't sell me the lone copy of Kirby Return to Dreamland. :(

But, to answer this question, it is possible even if they have no other copies.

Why is Skyward Sword holding it's value for so long?  I know Nintendo stuff drops slowly because they refuse to discount it, but this game has been out for almost 3 years now.

Why is Skyward Sword holding it's value for so long? I know Nintendo stuff drops slowly because they refuse to discount it, but this game has been out for almost 3 years now.
Because it was the last "new" Zelda console game? And after 50% and PUR, it trades in for $48 at GS, which is more than the current going rate on Amazon.

Since you guys both work at FV, how much do you think I'd get hit for if I rented Metroid Prime Trilogy and just told them I wasn't returning it the next day and to charge me for it?
Let's see. It'll take around 30 days of being late for the item to be "purged" to your account. After that, when you try to rent something, you'll be charged the full retail price of the game $49.99 (I'm assuming) as a purge account balance. But if you go there often enough/know the employees, they might wipe out the fee or at least try to take it down to how much Family Video is currently selling it for, which is $9.99 (all Wii games should be at this price point). Hopefully that helps a little bit!

Family Video employees are generally pretty chill. If they're not, then well, they're not doing their job lol. We're all about that customer service :D

Let's see. It'll take around 30 days of being late for the item to be "purged" to your account. After that, when you try to rent something, you'll be charged the full retail price of the game $49.99 (I'm assuming) as a purge account balance. But if you go there often enough/know the employees, they might wipe out the fee or at least try to take it down to how much Family Video is currently selling it for, which is $9.99 (all Wii games should be at this price point). Hopefully that helps a little bit!

Family Video employees are generally pretty chill. If they're not, then well, they're not doing their job lol. We're all about that customer service :D
I've never been there before and probably won't ever go there again honestly. Just so happens they have a complete Metroid Prime in with steelbook and everything. I don't want to be that guy but I'm considering it.

I've never been there before and probably won't ever go there again honestly. Just so happens they have a complete Metroid Prime in with steelbook and everything. I don't want to be that guy but I'm considering it.
Lol, if it was my store I'd be appalled! But dude, I'd say go for it. Except there's one problem. You won't be able to get the steelbook besides buying the game or stealing it. When you rent a game, you receive the game disc in a huge annoying box. Sorry :/

Since you guys both work at FV, how much do you think I'd get hit for if I rented Metroid Prime Trilogy and just told them I wasn't returning it the next day and to charge me for it?
There are a couple ways you could try and do this. You could ask to buy it. Not likely to succeed but you never know my store sold our copy (to me) because it didn't rent very well and the wii is on its way out so you might get lucky. Another option is to rent it then come in a couple days after its due and say you lost it and ask to buy it from them usually they will just charge you a couple bucks for the late fee and the cost of the game, just make sure you get the case for it.Or you could do what yoi said and rent it and never come back but you would not get the case and it would most likely end up in the trash unless a gamer works there.

Your best option is to chat the employee up before you ask and just ask them to buy it, but the other 2 are decent options if we throw ethics out the door.

Lol, if it was my store I'd be appalled! But dude, I'd say go for it. Except there's one problem. You won't be able to get the steelbook besides buying the game or stealing it. When you rent a game, you receive the game disc in a huge annoying box. Sorry :/

There are a couple ways you could try and do this. You could ask to buy it. Not likely to succeed but you never know my store sold our copy (to me) because it didn't rent very well and the wii is on its way out so you might get lucky. Another option is to rent it then come in a couple days after its due and say you lost it and ask to buy it from them usually they will just charge you a couple bucks for the late fee and the cost of the game, just make sure you get the case for it.Or you could do what yoi said and rent it and never come back but you would not get the case and it would most likely end up in the trash unless a gamer works there.

Your best option is to chat the employee up before you ask and just ask them to buy it, but the other 2 are decent options if we throw ethics out the door.
Hey I really appreciate the answers from both of you. The guy at the store said he would not sell it to me which is the only reason I'm even considering this. Odds are good I'll just let it go and check back every few weeks until it does go on sale and probably miss out on it. :-({|=

Hey I really appreciate the answers from both of you. The guy at the store said he would not sell it to me which is the only reason I'm even considering this. Odds are good I'll just let it go and check back every few weeks until it does go on sale and probably miss out on it. :-({|=
You could always ask a different employee family video gives all employees alot of power when it comes to selling stuff just because one said no doesn't mean another will that is unless the manager has said not to sell that particular title

You could always ask a different employee family video gives all employees alot of power when it comes to selling stuff just because one said no doesn't mean another will that is unless the manager has said not to sell that particular title
Fair enough, I may go swing by tomorrow and try my luck again. Thanks again, so nice to have knowledgeable people on this site.

I keep checking on Metroid Trilogy but one time I stopped in and saw it was checked out.

STOP RENTING IT YOU BASTAGE! :razz:
=)

hQbXm3c.jpg

The fiance and I decided to go for a late drive and hit an out of the way FV. Jackpot!

Castlevania LOS was a pleasant surprise.

Tried to buy MP Trilogy at 3 different FVs.  Got shot down every time.  I guess I'll just have to wait until they put that damn sticker on it.

Went back and checked for Metroid and was shot down again.  I think I need to go during a slow time when a manager is present, maybe they will be more agreeable.  What ticks me off is I have a bit of a travel to check on this one copy, the local stores never had it.

I did walk away with Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes for PS3 at $12.95 which I guess is an ok deal.

Went back and checked for Metroid and was shot down again. I think I need to go during a slow time when a manager is present, maybe they will be more agreeable. What ticks me off is I have a bit of a travel to check on this one copy, the local stores never had it.

I did walk away with Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes for PS3 at $12.95 which I guess is an ok deal.
Nice. Local stores want 19.99 fuck that

In all honesty, I've mostly skimmed this thread except the last two pages, and I don't quite understand something; if my FV has games with the R1G1 sticker and it's the last copy, they won't necessarily sell the game outright unless I ask and they deem it 'sellable'? The manager here (south of Indianapolis) is pretty chill, she's very nice, but I've never bought games that weren't marked. I just want to have all my facts straight before I try to snag a few older games.

In all honesty, I've mostly skimmed this thread except the last two pages, and I don't quite understand something; if my FV has games with the R1G1 sticker and it's the last copy, they won't necessarily sell the game outright unless I ask and they deem it 'sellable'? The manager here (south of Indianapolis) is pretty chill, she's very nice, but I've never bought games that weren't marked. I just want to have all my facts straight before I try to snag a few older games.
Yeah, even if they are the last copy, they can look them up and see if they can be sold. Very YMMV, as it's up to the manager/associate to make the final call. It never hurts to just ask, and be as nice as possible.

I usually go up and ask if they are willing to sell it followed by how I've been looking for the game to buy for a long time and can't find it at any stores. I've gotten a few games that way. Just be very polite and thank them even if they don't sell it to you. Its a good thing to be a good terms with your FV associates.

It's also worth noting, as I just learned last night from the manager, that they do all of their conversions before opening on Sunday.  It may vary by district.

Awesome, great info to have! Thanks guys, if I manage to snag anything worth noting I'll let everyone know...got Lords of Shadow 2 the other week for $12.99. Felt that was a good steal :D/

Stopped in today and got a few gems. I picked up Jurassic the Hunted :360:  for $10 and Resident Evil Revelations :360:  for $10. RE: R had a $13 sticker on it, but when I went to buy it the fella working said it should've been marked at $9.99.

Other noticeable items were Murdered: Soul Suspect  :360:  for $19.99, MGS5 Ground zero :360:  for $12.99, and COD: Ghosts :360:  for $19.99. No next gen games were for sale, and I got shot down on South Park :360: . They sure had a of 360 games for sale though! I also checked the Wii games, and saw Metroid: Other M for $9.99; this one isn't valuable like the metroid prime trilogy, right?

Stopped in today and got a few gems. I picked up Jurassic the Hunted :360: for $10 and Resident Evil Revelations :360: for $10. RE: R had a $13 sticker on it, but when I went to buy it the fella working said it should've been marked at $9.99.

Other noticeable items were Murdered: Soul Suspect :360: for $19.99, MGS5 Ground zero :360: for $12.99, and COD: Ghosts :360: for $19.99. No next gen games were for sale, and I got shot down on South Park :360: . They sure had a of 360 games for sale though! I also checked the Wii games, and saw Metroid: Other M for $9.99; this one isn't valuable like the metroid prime trilogy, right?
Under no circumstance should anyone buy Soul Suspect at $20. I'm a trophy whore and played it and platinumed not only the PS4 version but the PS3 version through Gamefly rentals and that game can be platinumed in 12 hours or less so imagine how short it is if you're not into trophies at all.

Also, there's not really any enemies. Occasionally there are these ghost things that will chase you but they're incredibly stupid and easy to kill. The game mostly revolves around you finding clues, solving cases, with no repercussions if you chose any of the wrong options, and if you do somehow die to one of those ghost things there is a very KIND checkpoint system and you'll pop back right before the death.

so, yeah, it's a short, boring, easy game and no one should have a interest in it unless they want easy trophies/achievements.

Under no circumstance should anyone buy Soul Suspect at $20. I'm a trophy whore and played it and platinumed not only the PS4 version but the PS3 version through Gamefly rentals and that game can be platinumed in 12 hours or less so imagine how short it is if you're not into trophies at all.

Also, there's not really any enemies. Occasionally there are these ghost things that will chase you but they're incredibly stupid and easy to kill. The game mostly revolves around you finding clues, solving cases, with no repercussions if you chose any of the wrong options, and if you do somehow die to one of those ghost things there is a very KIND checkpoint system and you'll pop back right before the death.

so, yeah, it's a short, boring, easy game and no one should have a interest in it unless they want easy trophies/achievements.
Thank you for this, I was actually on the border about going back later for it. I will definitely avoid Murdered Soul Suspect!

Story good? I care less about trophies anymore why i hate meh games more cause trophies mean nothing unless fun and challenging.

[quote name="NightCat" post="12057425" timestamp="1409611342"]Story good? I care less about trophies anymore why i hate meh games more cause trophies mean nothing unless fun and challenging.[/quote]

Terrible story.

Apologies if this is old news, but looks like their website has actually been updated in terms of used games for sale.

any notable online deals? im in the northeast and they dont have family video around here, but i do remember 4 or so years ago i did nab a couple of games at awesome prices.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, guys! Work (at Family Video no less) and school have been killing me. Without further ado:

*Updated 8/25/2014*

Title - Price (Minimum Quantity) (how many we must have at the end of the day)

:ps4:

Amazing Spiderman 2, The - $29.99 (2)
inFAMOUS: Second Son - $19.99 (3)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - $19.99 (1)
Thief - $19.99 (2)
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - $29.99 (2)
UFC 2014 - $29.99 (2)
Watch Dogs - $39.99 (3)
Wolfenstein: New Order - $19.99 (2)

:xb1:

Amazing Spiderman 2, The - $29.99 (2)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - $19.99 (1)
Thief - $19.99 (2)
Titanfall - $29.99 (2)
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - $29.99 (2)
UFC 2014 - $29.99 (2)
Watch Dogs - $39.99 (3)

:ps3:

Amazing Spiderman 2, The - $19.99 (2)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $19.99 (2)
Batman: Arkham Origins - $19.99 (2)
Call of Duty: Ghosts - $19.99 (3)
Grand Theft Auto 5 - $29.99 (5)
Last of Us, The - $19.99 (2)
Madden NFL 25 - $12.99 (1)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - $12.99 (1)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist - $12.99 (1)
Watch Dogs - $39.99 (3)

:360:

Amazing Spiderman 2, The - $19.99 (3)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $19.99 (3)
Batman: Arkham Origins - $19.99 (3)
Call of Duty: Ghosts - $19.99 (5)
Enemy Front - $19.99 (2)
Grand Theft Auto 5 - $29.99 (7)
Halo 3: Multiplayer Maps - $4.99 (0)
Halo 4 - $12.99 (2)
Madden NFL 25 - $12.99 (2)
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - $12.99 (1)
Murdered: Soul Suspect - $19.99 (2)
Need for Speed: Rivals - $19.99 (2)
Resident Evil 6 - $12.99 (1)
Saints Row 4 - $19.99 (2)
Sniper 2: Ghost Warrior - $12.99 (1)
South Park: Stick of Truth - $19.99 (3)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist - $12.99 (1)
Thief - $19.99 (2)
Titanfall - $29.99 (5)
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - $19.99 (2)
Watch Dogs - $39.99 (5)
Zoo Tycoon - $12.99 (1)

All Wii and DS games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99, EXCEPT for the titles listed below.

:wii: 

Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

:ds:

Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Super Mario 64 DS

All R1G1 (Rent 1, Get 1)

Should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99.

:ps2:

All remaining PS2 games should be priced at $0.99

As always like the first post says, new members get 50% off movies and games for the first 30 days. So if you haven't signed up, it's fast, free, and easy. You're welcome!

-Josh out

Is it worth calling ahead to see if they have wolfenstein for sale? I've already stopped there twice the last two days, and don't really feel like going back unless I know they'll sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back