Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the local store cleared out a few games in preparation for the new consoles.  There were several large spaces in the PS3 section, near one of those holes I found The Orange Box for $9.95.  Makes me wonder what else I missed out on.

Saw Gears Judgement for $12.95

Also, is anyone else unable to see the family video website? (shows a domain has expired message)

Saw Gears Judgement for $12.95

Also, is anyone else unable to see the family video website? (shows a domain has expired message)
I have a very good friend (guys like a brother to me lol) that his store was clearing out some excess games because they are building a pizza place inside the store. Some games that he mentioned were Metro: Last Light, Resident Evil Revelations, Gears of War Judgment, Fuse, and Aliens Colonial Marines. There were more, but he said they were all 12.95.

I have a very good friend (guys like a brother to me lol) that his store was clearing out some excess games because they are building a pizza place inside the store. Some games that he mentioned were Metro: Last Light, Resident Evil Revelations, Gears of War Judgment, Fuse, and Aliens Colonial Marines. There were more, but he said they were all 12.95.
thanks for the heads up, I'll take a family video trip tomorrow on the chance that I can snag revelations on the cheap.

Is it odd that family video has adult movies?

I won a bet with the wife over this.
lol It's funny you mention that, my friend was telling me how awkward it is to put those movies back because you have to walk through the store with them in your hand. He also said something about his store having a boiler room and that there was a movie named Boiler Room Sluts that was right next to the boiler room.

On topic, I'm heading out to see if my store has anything for sale.

What area is this in? If you don't want to the give city, the state will help also. I haven't seen a good sale around my Family Videos.

Just went in to my local FV for the first time in a while and they had a lot of games marked at $9.99.  Looks like they're trying to make room for the new consoles.  Lot of stuff that wasn't good for flipping but pretty good for buying.

Picked up TMNT for $10 for the trade 2 at GS.  Looked like somebody might have picked up Rock Band 3 for PS3 before I got there, just an empty space next to RB2.

Local store is starting to clear out older Wii and DS games, many of them the R1G1.  $9.99 each but not really any stand out titles; best I saw was Resident Evil 4 Wii, Mad World and Harvest Moon DS.  YMMV.

I didn't go through the Wii games or the dump bins but here's the 360
& PS3 games that were on the shelves:

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $10
Aliens Colonial Marines $13
Alpha Protocol $10
AC 3 $20
AC 4 $30
Batman: Arkham Origins $30
BF 4 $30
Bayonetta $10
Beijing 2008 $10
Beowulf $10
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $10
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 $10
Bioshock Infinite $13
Blacksite Area 51 $10
Brink $10
Brothers In Arms $10
Bulletstorm $10
CoD BLOPS 2 $30
CoD Ghosts $40
Captain America $10
C&C Red Alert 3 $10
Chronicles of Narnia $10
The Club $10
Dance Paradise $10
Dead Island Riptide $13
Dead Space 2 $10
Dead Space 3 $20
Deadpool $20
Diablo 3 $30
Dynasty Warriors Gundam $10
Farcry 2 $10
Farcry 3 $13
Fear 3 $10
Fear Files $10
Field & Stream $10
Fist of the North Star $10
Fracture $10
Fuse $13
Gears Judgement $13
GTA V $40
GH: Metallica $10
GH: Warriors of Rock $10
Hitman: Absolution $13
Inferno $10
Infinite Undiscovery $10
Inversion $10
Kinect Star Wars $10
Lollipop Chainsaw $10
LotR: Battle for ME 2 $10
Lost Odyssey $10
Lost Planet 3 $13
MoH: Warfighter $13
Mercenaries 2 $10
MGR: Revengence $13
Metro 2033 $10
Naruto: Rise of the Ninja $10
NASCAR 08 $10
NASCAR 09 $10
NCAA Football 10 $10
NFS: Rivals $30
NFL Head Coach 09 $10
Payday 2 $20
Prince of Persia $10
Red Faction: Armaggedon $10
RE 6 $20
Resonance of Fate $10
Rock Band LEGO $10
SR 4 $20
Section 8 $10
Shadowrun $10
Shadows of the Damned $10
Shellshock 2 $10
Soldier of Fortune $10
Soul Calibur 5 $10
SC: Blacklist $20
Stormrise $10
Stranglehold $10
Street Fighter IV $10
Terminator Salvation $10
Tiger Woods 11 $10
Tomb Raider $13 ($20 PS3)
Two Worlds $10
UFC 2010 $10
WWE 2K14 $30
XCom: Enemy Unknown $10
Zoo Tycoon $30

PS3
Beyond Two Souls $20
DmC $20
Doom 3 $10
Dragon's Dogma $10
GoW: Ascension $20
GT 6 $30
Killzone 2 $10
Killzone 3 $10
Last of Us $30

A lot of crap there but a few decent deals.

They are clearing out some additional Wii and DS games for $10 .  Looks like they're only keeping the newer titles for the DS and most popular for the Wii. 

Picked up Harvest Moon DS for $10.  There may be a few more I might be interested in but I can't recall the titles at the moment.

Stopped in at an out of the way store tonight, found:

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks $10

Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans $10

Unfortunately Dragon Ball Z didn't have a manual.

Also saw for PS3:

Battlefield 4 $20

Assassin's Creed Black Flag $20

Arkham Origins $20

Thanks for the occasional updates Invicta. Don't think you are having a conversation with yourself, I appreciate the updates.
No problem. I know most people just read and move on, especially since most of these are not great deals. But as far as I'm concerned, FV is an option particularly with the older stuff they're starting to clear out. YMMV but there are some gems to be had. I was pretty happy with my last two pick ups.

One more update; God of War Ascension $12.95.

Some PS3 drops recently.

Saw for $10:
Resident Evil Revelations
Remember me
Alice
Metal Gear Revengeance

Picked up for $10:
Lost Planet 3
Bioshock Infinite

Saw two Skyward Swords tagged R1G1 but neither were tagged for sale. Last time I asked I was told they don't sell the second for $10 anymore.
They also had a Pokemon Ranger DS game for $10 but passed.

Lol, I did not know there was a Family Video thread. I work there, so I'll see if I can give occasional updates here too ^_^
Nice! That's what we've been needing for a year or two.

One question I want to ask: if there are two stickered rent 1 get 1 games, is the second game available for sale at $9.99?

This used to be the case but I've been told otherwise (by an employee that didn't want to mess with anyone).

Nice! That's what we've been needing for a year or two.

One question I want to ask: if there are two stickered rent 1 get 1 games, is the second game available for sale at $9.99?

This used to be the case but I've been told otherwise (by an employee that didn't want to mess with anyone).
I read that somewhere in the weekly blog that said we should start doing that with Wii and DS games. So you are correct, but it is ultimately up to the manager (mine says hold off since we've only been open for about a year). On the blog, it says only do the $9.99 price for games that aren't popular anymore, so unless your store has a ton of copies, don't expect Mario Party or Skyward Sword or Mario Kart Wii to be super cheap quite yet :p Family Video is trying very hard to phase out of last gen, but until more current gen titles come out, expect PS3 and 360 titles to stay around the $20-30 range. I'll post up any updates that I see!

Thanks!  There are a few PS3 titles that I have my eye on, maybe it's best that I go in when a manager is present and ask them nicely.

Almost forgot about the Wii titles I saw at $10:

Mario & Sonic London 2012

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Stopped by two local Family Videos.  The first store didn't have anything worthwhile other than Wii games but had some great titles.  I picked up the following:

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - $9.99

Mario Sports Mix - $9.99

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympics - $9.99

Donkey Kong Country Returns - $9.99

Mario Party 8 - $9.99

The second store didn't have much for sale at all and there was nothing notable in the titles that were.  Mainly old Guitar Hero and Rock Band games. 

Son of a... I was just next door to a FV this afternoon. I normally run through to see what has been converted, but was in a hurry so I didn't stop.

Son of a... I was just next door to a FV this afternoon. I normally run through to see what has been converted, but was in a hurry so I didn't stop.
You may not have missed much, very YMMV. I have a few local stores that have three copies of a game tagged R1G1 yet they refuse to sell any. I have my eye on a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, not going to let it slip through my fingers like Suikoden V did.

You may not have missed much, very YMMV. I have a few local stores that have three copies of a game tagged R1G1 yet they refuse to sell any. I have my eye on a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, not going to let it slip through my fingers like Suikoden V did.
Have you asked to purchase metroid? My friend did and they noticed it hadn't been checked out in 3 months and they sold him it for $10

I might try that, thanks! 

I hope they wouldn't ask for my account number, because I don't even have an account there!  I guess I could just sign up on the spot if it helps convince them.

I might try that, thanks!

I hope they wouldn't ask for my account number, because I don't even have an account there! I guess I could just sign up on the spot if it helps convince them.
You only need an account for renting ;) If you're purchasing items, an account is not necessary!

You only need an account for renting ;) If you're purchasing items, an account is not necessary!
Yeah, I've never had an issue purchasing games or movies without an account. I just wonder if they would go out of their way to sell an item to someone that is not a regular customer.

Have you asked to purchase metroid? My friend did and they noticed it hadn't been checked out in 3 months and they sold him it for $10
I did that about six years ago when the FV by my old house had two copies of Pikmin 2 for the GC. They were always in-stock, so I asked about buying one and walked out with it for $8(?). A few weeks later, I asked about the other one and they sold me that one too.

Wow... glad to see this thread active again. I know I've told Invicta before, but thanks again for the updates. I'll have to see if I can find South Park and Judgement.

I was shot down on Prime Trilogy, was told that they had just tagged everything that had not been rented in awhile.  Boo.

I did, however, pick up a few things from another store for $10 each:

LoZ Skyward Sword  Wii

Metro: Last Light  PS3

Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning  PS3

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echos of Time  DS

I grabbed LoZ forgetting that I actually still had a copy, so if anyone wants to trade I'm looking for Lollipop Chainsaw PS3.  Unfortunately it only comes with the disc and case, no manual or music CD.

A few more titles I saw at another Family Video I stopped at:

Xbox 360:

Flatout - $9.99

Kingdoms of Amular - $9.99

PS3:

Blur - $9.99

Wii:

Tiger Woods 12: The Masters - $9.99

PokePark - $9.99

PokePark 2 - $9.99

Wii Party - $9.99

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $19.99 (perhaps someone can find it for $9.99)

I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask but I was shot down on Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Mario Party 9 despite them having a bunch of copies all in stock.  She seemed like she would have sold it to me but supposedly there was a company wide memo that went out listing "like 6 or so titles" that they couldn't sell.  She looked through a folder to find the memo before saying she couldn't.   According to her both of these titles are on it.  I tried to sneak a peak at it but didn't get a good look.

A few more titles I saw at another Family Video I stopped at:

Xbox 360:
Flatout - $9.99
Kingdoms of Amular - $9.99

PS3:
Blur - $9.99

Wii:
Tiger Woods 12: The Masters - $9.99
PokePark - $9.99
PokePark 2 - $9.99
Wii Party - $9.99
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $19.99 (perhaps someone can find it for $9.99)

I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask but I was shot down on Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Mario Party 9 despite them having a bunch of copies all in stock. She seemed like she would have sold it to me but supposedly there was a company wide memo that went out listing "like 6 or so titles" that they couldn't sell. She looked through a folder to find the memo before saying she couldn't. According to her both of these titles are on it. I tried to sneak a peak at it but didn't get a good look.
She's telling the truth we get a list of games we have to protect. Stores are supposed to keep 3 south park stick of truth copies. Also were supposed to keep one copy of the rent one get one free titles if we have more then 1 we can sell the extra copy for 9.99. Looks like were goin to start selling xbox one and ps4 titles both titanfall and theif were on my stores memo to get rid of a couple copies at 29.99. Also all wii games can be sold save for a few titles I would post the list but I don't have it in front of me right now!

She's telling the truth we get a list of games we have to protect. Stores are supposed to keep 3 south park stick of truth copies. Also were supposed to keep one copy of the rent one get one free titles if we have more then 1 we can sell the extra copy for 9.99. Looks like were goin to start selling xbox one and ps4 titles both titanfall and theif were on my stores memo to get rid of a couple copies at 29.99. Also all wii games can be sold save for a few titles I would post the list but I don't have it in front of me right now!
Here are the Wii and DS games that can't be sold because they still rent out fairly often:

Wii

Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

DS

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Party DS

Here are the Wii and DS games that can't be sold because they still rent out fairly often:

Wii

Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

DS

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Party DS
Thanks!

I'm not sure who's in charge of updating this thread, but here are the latest Video Game updates for Family Video. As always, YMMV because the manager makes the final decision.

Title - Price (System) Protect Quantity (how many we must have at the end of the day)

Addition

Amazing Spiderman 2 - $29.99 (PS4, PS3, XB1, 360) 2, 2, 2, 3

Price Drop

Infamous: Second Son - $29.99 (PS4) 2
Last of Us - $19.99 (PS3) 2
Thief - $19.99 (PS4, PS3, XB1, 360) 2
Titanfall - $29.99 (XB1, 360) 2, 5

Price More

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - $19.99 (360) 3
Batman: Arkham Origins - $19.99 (360) 3
Battlefield 4 - $19.99 (360) 3

As always like the first post says, new members get 50% off movies and games for the first 30 days. So if you haven't signed up, it's fast, free, and easy. You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back