Prime-eligible PC Games @ Amazon for <$20

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Astinus Majere

Astinus Majere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:49 AM

Actually a Prime-eligible seller has Sam & Max Season One for $9.55 now. You just have to look at the seller list and pick the most affordable one.

Oh, I was looking at Featured Merchants, I didn't see the cheaper ones below.
Posted Image

#32 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:25 AM

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is now down to $6.75, and is in stock at Amazon right now. Don't forget that this also includes the original game, The Longest Journey (which is absolutely fantastic).

#33 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:47 AM

Europa Universalis 3 is 7.25. Fulfilled by amazon, but prime eligible.

#34 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:19 AM

http://www.amazon.co...x_ya_oh_product

Link for those interested, it's also the complete edition. And I do believe this game is set for an expansion this month too. Anyway I ordered one earlier.

#35 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:35 AM

Alone in the dark shot up quite a bit...

#36 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:15 AM

I'm experimenting with layout and feature changes for the list. Please let me know what you think, folks.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#37 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:37 AM

I'm experimenting with layout and feature changes for the list. Please let me know what you think, folks.

Looks good. If you can get around to bolding the rest of the prices in the non-GFWL section as well as merging the links into the titles that would be great. Other than that everything else seems better.

#38 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:03 AM

Thanks! The list revision is complete. I added a bunch of games like Damnation, Dark Sector, Heroes of Might & Magic, King's Bounty: The Legend, Lost Planet: Colonies, Myst: Uru Complete, Puzzle Quest, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, Sacred 2: Collector's Edition, and Shadowrun.

Edited by eastx, 07 December 2009 - 04:55 AM.

-Paul Acevedo

#39 BWS1982

BWS1982

No Abdication

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 11:57 AM

Hey, anyone give any thumbs up to the Two Worlds Epic Edition?

http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_vg_72

The game sounds okay for 10 bucks, and even though it's said to be meh/mediocre, it's cheap enough and with the updates/fixes, I've been told it's not that bad by reviews. The problem is that one review said it's not compatible with 64 bit, but that doesn't make sense, since I thought Vista 64 (what I have) was built in to run 32 programs that were older, so I wasn't sure if the guy meant it's not optimized for it?

It's hard to say it's unplayable if you read reviews from 2009 now, and I'm an action/RPG junkie.

Good thread, btw, as these are titles that are usually $20 to $30 elsewhere, and this isn't a "sale" so it's hard to say there's a deadline, and it's a nice collection of bargains. Thanks OP.

#40 Joda84

Joda84

EXTERMINATE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:40 PM

Lord of the Rings Online is $10 all around. All normal and collectors editions are $10. the best deal is the Mines of Moria collectors. http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

While it may not be the best mmo out there, it is pretty solid.

#41 aznguyen316

aznguyen316

Rock Chalk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:00 PM

terrific thread list.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK | Steam: djfakey
i5-2500k@4.2Ghz; MSI 660Ti PE/OC Ed.

#42 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:16 PM

Great list, thanks!

#43 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:04 AM

BWS, I bet the game runs fine on Vista 64/Windows 7 64-bit, but I haven't tried it. If Steam puts it on sale after Christmas I'm buying it for sure though. The 360 version has loads of technical glitches (and bad voice acting), but the gameplay is really solid and Epic Edition includes tons of content.

Joda thanks for the heads up! I added Mines of Moria Collector's Edition and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway Limited Edition to the list.

-Paul Acevedo

#44 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:19 AM

Bought dreamfall goty. Good deal.

#45 Tancred

Tancred

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:40 PM

Hey, anyone give any thumbs up to the Two Worlds Epic Edition?

http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_vg_72

The game sounds okay for 10 bucks, and even though it's said to be meh/mediocre, it's cheap enough and with the updates/fixes, I've been told it's not that bad by reviews. The problem is that one review said it's not compatible with 64 bit, but that doesn't make sense, since I thought Vista 64 (what I have) was built in to run 32 programs that were older, so I wasn't sure if the guy meant it's not optimized for it?

It's hard to say it's unplayable if you read reviews from 2009 now, and I'm an action/RPG junkie.

Good thread, btw, as these are titles that are usually $20 to $30 elsewhere, and this isn't a "sale" so it's hard to say there's a deadline, and it's a nice collection of bargains. Thanks OP.

It requires online activation and limited installs. It was $1.90 on GoGamer.com. I still didn't buy it.

#46 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

Any opinions on The Witcher?

I bought LOTR Mines of Moria CE at launch for $50 (IIRC) and I have no regrets. I love the game.
Posted Image

#47 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

The Witcher is an awesome RPG - one of my favorites. The story gets really good and mature, and the choices you make have long-reaching consequences. The combat is rhythm-based and pretty fun.

-Paul Acevedo

#48 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

thanks for the list. didn't notice thread til now.

#49 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:47 PM

I love the new layout, good job OP. Anyone else buy EU3? I should have my copy tomorrow, and it sounds like a perfect game for anyone who loves RISK.

#50 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

2 new GFWL titles have been added: Viva PiƱata at $9.75 and Flatout: Ultimate Carnage at $7.80.
Non-GFWL Space Quest Collection also clocks in at $12.19.

Edited by eastx, 08 December 2009 - 03:23 PM.

-Paul Acevedo

#51 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

Medieval II Limited Edition is $12. That's the same price as the regular edition but comes with a great soundtrack and Making Of DVD.
http://www.amazon.co...0285835&sr=8-11

#52 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:36 PM

Thanks Whitereflection! Added Medieval 2 LE, Bionic Commando, Neverwinter Nights Diamond, and Neverwinter Nights 2 (non-Gold version), Battlefield 1942 Complete, Age of Empires Collector's Edition, and Age of Mythology to the list.

Edited by eastx, 08 December 2009 - 03:53 PM.

-Paul Acevedo

#53 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

Great to see that some CAGs contributed to my lack of ability to play "The Club" online/get achievements/etc. right away:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=176123

http://www2.sega.com...productkey.html

That thread should have been closed. So I as legitimate customer get to wait on support since they closed the easy way to get the key immediately.

darthbudge should have been banned for that crap. Didn't even mention in his posts he was basically linking to a pirated version, making it seem just innocently "free".

Summary: Sega royally screwed up and didn't send product keys with some unknown quantity of the game (if this was a higher profile console release I'm sure this crap would have been recalled instead of me buying "new" product a year and a half later with no product key). For a while they e-mailed codes automatically so of course the pirate-scum type were right on top of that and abused that. So now who knows how long it will take me to get a key if at all.

Edited by turls, 09 December 2009 - 02:51 PM.

#54 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:31 PM

thanks OP, picked up Universe at War for $6 bucks shipped.

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#55 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

Devil May Cry 4 dropped to $8.85 - not a bad price. Two Worlds Epic Edition dropped to $6.99, which is a steal.

Quake 4, BioShock, and Necrovision have been added to the list.

Edited by eastx, 17 December 2009 - 12:57 PM.

-Paul Acevedo

#56 Nemo_Hyde

Nemo_Hyde

Retired Gentleman Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

If you look at the marketplace sellers, there is a prime-eligible listing for Spiderman: Web of Shadows for $7.30.
http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

Thanks OP!
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged" -G.K. Chesterton

#57 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

Broken Sword IV is now $75.86 with no prime! WHAT?

#58 Nemo_Hyde

Nemo_Hyde

Retired Gentleman Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

Broken Sword IV is now $75.86 with no prime! WHAT?

Click the "New from $12.xx" link below, and you'll find one under $13 with prime.
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged" -G.K. Chesterton