Photo
- - - - -

Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3153 replies to this topic

#3001 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

I think I forgot to get one of the games I wanted and this month's selection looks like crap.

the GB Donkey Kong is totally worth it and awesome. I played it on the original GB when it came out and loved it then, so I'm stoked to get it for free Mario vs. Donkey Kong is essentially a sequel to it because it plays almost identically, so if you enjoyed MvDK then you really should give the GB DK a chance.

Sudoku seems like a worthwhile distraction, too, although I don't understand why it's 150 coins instead of 100.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#3002 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

I just bought a wii game and no code in it. I guess all new wii games don't have club nintendo codes? It was the udraw penguins from BB DOTD.

#3003 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

I just bought a wii game and no code in it. I guess all new wii games don't have club nintendo codes? It was the udraw penguins from BB DOTD.

Not a nintendo game (THQ).

#3004 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

Values are Changing, Values are Changing:
https://club.nintend.../coin-values.do

Wow, this is some BS. Anybody else notice that Post Play surveys for 3DS games are going down from 20 coins to 10? That means pretty much the only plus from this is the select few DS games that are increasing. Mario Kart DS increasing?!?!? WTF?! Yeah...:roll:

#3005 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

How do I make a family account from an existing account? I have multiples I have to register before this travisty of an event occurs or do I have to make a new family account and how do I do that?

#3006 io

io

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

How do I make a family account from an existing account? I have multiples I have to register before this travisty of an event occurs or do I have to make a new family account and how do I do that?

I need to do this as well. Plus I have tons of codes to trade now that they are about to drop. I assume there's a place to do this on CAG. I'm in the process of seeing what I have now.

I already hit platinum on my main account but I had to do my reg survey for Big Brain Academy Wii Degree because that is dropping from 50 to 20 - plus it said it was expiring June 11th. I was going to let it go till July but the dual threat of it possibly expiring or dropping 30 points just made me go ahead with it. At least I should be able to do the post-play after June, right? I guess that is one I had regstered before the new Club Nintendo even started (as I had a +50 pending on that).

I'm a little confused on some titles. I don't see Excite Truck and Battalion Wars II listed at all. Are they no longer eligible at all? That is pretty crappy if they don't count some Wii titles.

I also have a pending +50 on Endless Ocean but that doesn't expire until Jan. 21st. Since that is just dropping to 30, I might take a chance on that and hope that since I have it listed as a "+50" that it stays that way in July. If it is just 30, oh well - at least then it goes towards next year.

Edited by io, 02 June 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#3007 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Got a reply back from nintendo

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Nintendo. We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us with your questions. I’m pleased to have the opportunity to respond.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that the coin values on Club Nintendo are complex. Unfortunately, we're unaware as to why the coin values change from time to time. That said, we're sure it's for a good reason, while still keeping our valued Club Nintendo members in mind. Regardless, I'll be sure to forward your comments on to the different departments here at Nintendo so they can hear what you have to say. We hope you continue to enjoy Club Nintendo.

Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#3008 io

io

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Well, crap, I just entered what I thought was a Wii Fit plus (game only) code. It was a used copy I bought at GS (game only of course). It ended up being a 100 point "Wii Fit Pllus (Wii Balance Board Inlcuded)" code!

While it was great to get 100 when I expected just 50 (which I thought was dropping to 20), I could have saved that for the next Club year had I known #-o.

I have another Wii Fit card that instead of having green sillouettes on it (which was what the Wii Fit Plus + board has on it) has a blonde woman in the middle, a guy to the right, and another woman to the left, all wearing white/green clothes. Anyone have any idea what that code would be for? If it is for the original Wii Fit + board I definitely want to save it as it is going up to 100 from 80 in July. But if that is a Wii Fit Plus game only it is dropping from 50 to 20.

#3009 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Just for fun, I figured out the total number of coins I'll lose if I wait until 07/01 to enter the codes that are dropping. I'd lose 300 coins on the games and 120 on the systems. That's basically 3 vc titles I'd just be throwing away by waiting for the new year.

I also don't understand why they have some listed with the same point value for before and after. If this is a list of coin value changes, shouldn't those all be absent from the list?

#3010 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

The reason they're doing it is so people don't sit on Coins like they have in the past. Simple. By giving you the incentive to use them now, you won't lose out on more coins later.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#3011 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

ahh crap my Donky Kongas didn't net me any coins. I didn't realize some of the codes expire.

#3012 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

ahh crap my Donky Kongas didn't net me any coins. I didn't realize some of the codes expire.

Nah, it's just that all Gamecube games (except Twilight Princess, I think) don't give you any coins. Product registration has been around since the Gamecube and GBA days, but they didn't start giving out coins and rewards until the Wii. You can still register older products, but they no longer give you anything.

#3013 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Nah, it's just that all Gamecube games (except Twilight Princess, I think) don't give you any coins. Product registration has been around since the Gamecube and GBA days, but they didn't start giving out coins and rewards until the Wii. You can still register older products, but they no longer give you anything.

Ok thanks for the info! I also noticed some of these cards are hard to identify, but I have been able to find most of them using a google image search.

I am now gold status (I've entered my coins that would drop in value 7-1). Does that get me anything (like an automatic reward) or should I go for platinum by the end of the month?

Is the platinum reward free or do you guys have to cash in coins?

#3014 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

To correct a few things from earlier - No GameCube games (at all) and Excite Truck/Battalion Wars II were never eligible for coins.

Excite Truck was about two years old and Battalion Wars 2 was about a year old when Club Nintendo launched. With very few exceptions, only Wii and DS games that were still "In print" at the time were eligible for coins... for example, all four major versions of Nintendogs got coins, but the "Best Friends" edition did not.

For the concern about 3DS post-play surveys going down by ten coins - a good chunk of 3DS registration surveys are going UP by ten coins as well. Consider this when making the decision to cash in.

As for these new coin values... guh. I had 49 "to dos", 22 games and 570 coins already sitting in my account. I was up until I literally fell asleep sitting up last night doing surveys. I had already created a spreadsheet to help determine what year my various surveys ended, so I had to use that to compare old vs. new coin values to see which games needed to be registered now and which surveys I had to complete now to maximize my return in coin value.

Thankfully, I'll still have more than enough to get my ceremonial Day 1 Platinum just as I have had for four years now. :D

Sadly, this means that I'm going to have a bunch of coins all expire at once if Nintendo doesn't put some awesome prizes up in the next two years...
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#3015 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

I have another Wii Fit card that instead of having green sillouettes on it (which was what the Wii Fit Plus + board has on it) has a blonde woman in the middle, a guy to the right, and another woman to the left, all wearing white/green clothes. Anyone have any idea what that code would be for? If it is for the original Wii Fit + board I definitely want to save it as it is going up to 100 from 80 in July. But if that is a Wii Fit Plus game only it is dropping from 50 to 20.

While I strongly frown upon abuse of the system to get coins, I will point out that if you log out of your Club Nintendo account and then click "register a game", you can key in the registration code and it'll pop up the product, what it's worth and ask you to log in. If you don't log in, the game won't register and you can save it for later if you so choose.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#3016 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

Interesting. I thought you could register both the Nintendo Selects version and the regular version of a title. It won't let me?

#3017 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Make a family account and you should be able to register it then.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#3018 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

Oh, no worries... I already have a family account with three sub-accounts to take care of multiple title registrations. :D

It just seemed odd, because I strongly remember it being discussed that you could register both versions in one account.

#3019 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

Didn't realize how this worked, as in the July 1st reset status thing, so I just accidentally wasted my Xenoblade Chronicles code. Most of the games I have unused codes for (aside from three Wii games that take 10-20 point hits) are actually getting increases. As are the 3DS games I planned on picking up when I eventually get a 3DS. So I guess I'll just kick myself for not looking closer and wasting that Xenoblade one and keep the others to make a Platinum push next year rather than doing a last ditch effort for this year.

Oh well. Cool program, it seems.

Also, is the Kirby Collection thing going to only be purchasable with coins, or will it be able to be bought?

#3020 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Oh, no worries... I already have a family account with three sub-accounts to take care of multiple title registrations. :D

It just seemed odd, because I strongly remember it being discussed that you could register both versions in one account.

Do you get multiple post play surveys for multiple regs of same game on your family account and do they count towards coins count?

#3021 io

io

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

While I strongly frown upon abuse of the system to get coins, I will point out that if you log out of your Club Nintendo account and then click "register a game", you can key in the registration code and it'll pop up the product, what it's worth and ask you to log in. If you don't log in, the game won't register and you can save it for later if you so choose.

I don't think it is "abuse" to see what the codes are for. I have taken a lot of my codes and put them in a drawer and it isn't always clear which game they came from. Besides the Wii Fit code I have a few others I'm not sure about. Thanks for the tip.

Ok thanks for the info! I also noticed some of these cards are hard to identify, but I have been able to find most of them using a google image search.

I am now gold status (I've entered my coins that would drop in value 7-1). Does that get me anything (like an automatic reward) or should I go for platinum by the end of the month?

Is the platinum reward free or do you guys have to cash in coins?

Google image search - never thought of that - d'oh!

Anyway, you will probably get a calendar for hitting Gold. If you can swing it, you might as well hit platinum, especially with the huge number of codes that are dropping in value after this month. And yeah, it is automatic - no need to redeem coins. You can save those coins for the downloadable games and other goodies.

#3022 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

I already hit platinum on my main account but I had to do my reg survey for Big Brain Academy Wii Degree because that is dropping from 50 to 20 - plus it said it was expiring June 11th. I was going to let it go till July but the dual threat of it possibly expiring or dropping 30 points just made me go ahead with it. At least I should be able to do the post-play after June, right? I guess that is one I had regstered before the new Club Nintendo even started (as I had a +50 pending on that).

I also have a pending +50 on Endless Ocean but that doesn't expire until Jan. 21st. Since that is just dropping to 30, I might take a chance on that and hope that since I have it listed as a "+50" that it stays that way in July. If it is just 30, oh well - at least then it goes towards next year.

I would suggest you keep an eye on Big Brain Academy Wii Degree. I still have to complete the post play survey, and it's the first in my list. I think we have pretty much established that the surveys are now in year order of when they will expire and I am pretty confident it will expire after Jun. 11, 2012. But you may get a few extra days since you just completed the registration survey.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing this as well, registering games that are going to be dropping and actually completing the survey after 7/1. But then I saw at the bottom of the value change page: "On 7/1 all uncompleted surveys in your to do list will be updated with the new coin value." I'm still thinking about doing it though.

#3023 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:13 AM

Oh, wow. This really blows. Sure a bunch of recent DS and 3DS games will go up in value, but the selects and older titles I haven't picked up are falling to rock bottom.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#3024 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

Oh, wow. This really blows. Sure a bunch of recent DS and 3DS games will go up in value, but the selects and older titles I haven't picked up are falling to rock bottom.

I'm thinking the Wii U's launch has something to do with this.

#3025 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:45 AM

I don't think it is "abuse" to see what the codes are for. I have taken a lot of my codes and put them in a drawer and it isn't always clear which game they came from. Besides the Wii Fit code I have a few others I'm not sure about. Thanks for the tip.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were "abusing" the system. Meant that I was reluctant to post that particular tip because of the "abuse"...

#3026 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Wait, quick question...if I have unused coins in my account and once the calendar flips and begins a new "year" do I lose all those unused coins that I currently have in my account?!? Am I understanding this correctly?!?

I know it will start the new year towards earning coins to platinum status, but I always thought the coins in my account were mine until I decide to use them. Can I get some clarification from a fellow CAG.

#3027 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Wait, quick question...if I have unused coins in my account and once the calendar flips and begins a new "year" do I lose all those unused coins that I currently have in my account?!? Am I understanding this correctly?!?

I know it will start the new year towards earning coins to platinum status, but I always thought the coins in my account were mine until I decide to use them. Can I get some clarification from a fellow CAG.

2 years after the year they were added, not on an individual coin basis, but the years worth of coins.

I think the site, or an email will warn you when they will expire. I bet they already should have sent those out. Otherwise, check the website.

#3028 phantomphoenix

phantomphoenix

Make It Loud!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

The amount of coins that will expire is indicated in the red area in the upper right after you sign in (also shows your elite status and TOTAL coins). In yellow, it should say something like "100 Coins expiring 6/30/2012." If it doesn't say anything, I'm assuming you have used all your "expiring" coins.

#3029 duderanch

duderanch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

Free points to anyone who wants them...Wario Ware: Smooth Moves for Wii

6G5-9DNX-AZNW-XP7

#3030 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

Free points to anyone who wants them...Wario Ware: Smooth Moves for Wii

6G5-9DNX-AZNW-XP7

Someone used it within these past five minutes, apparently, and didn't bother posting. Thanks anyway, though.