Photo
- - - - -

Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3153 replies to this topic

#31 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:09 AM

For the last question on the Club Nintendo survey about what prizes you want to see I put unreleased games that have English translations like Disaster and Trace Memory 2 as prizes. Hopefully enough people suggest it that Nintendo decides to do a limited print run for Club Nintendo.

I requested the same. If Trace Memory 2 appeared on Club Nintendo, I'd snap it up!

#32 DePaulBlueDemon

DePaulBlueDemon

DePaul Basketball Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:25 AM

Where is the thread to trade Club points? I can't find it... Thanks.

2049665603_6b12a80682_t.jpg
My doggie Alaska, 10/12/00-08/04/13

#33 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:02 AM

Posted Image

Go do it now. Happy 2010! :D

Sorry, I just felt a big banner might make people want to do it more op XD

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#34 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:03 AM

Sure. Why not? I'll remove it when someone says it's not there anymore.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#35 DePaulBlueDemon

DePaulBlueDemon

DePaul Basketball Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Squarehard.

2049665603_6b12a80682_t.jpg
My doggie Alaska, 10/12/00-08/04/13

#36 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

hmm I never had a chance (well I tried but the site was down when this started) to register for Club Nintendo. Do I have to reregister or something if I had a MyNintendo or whatever it was account?

also what is this platinum status I hear off. is it worth it for me to signup now or wait until the new year?

#37 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

hmm I never had a chance (well I tried but the site was down when this started) to register for Club Nintendo. Do I have to reregister or something if I had a MyNintendo or whatever it was account?

also what is this platinum status I hear off. is it worth it for me to signup now or wait until the new year?

To activate your Club Nintendo account, you need only to log in to the Club Nintendo part of the Nintendo site using your own My Nintendo login. Any games you had registered ages ago are still there, I believe, but only certain games give you points.

For Club Nintendo, you have account levels, and Platinum is the highest. When you reach 600 points (pretty sure that's the right number, but someone feel free to verify) you reach Platinum level and are thus able to receive the Platinum level prizes given out at the end of the Club Nintendo year. Last year's prizes, which we all received shortly before Halloween, were Mario hat's for the Platinum members and Animal Crossing calendars for the lower level, Gold members.

The thing I'm quickly learning about Club Nintendo is that unless you tend to buy first-party Nintendo games in significant quantity, you won't reach Platinum membership. I've had enough games I've registered in the past to earn me 2 years of Platinum membership, fairly easily, but I think I may be lucky to reach Gold next year. I just don't play enough first-party games of Ninty's.

#38 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:02 PM

I think it's on the buy / sell / trade forum, but since you mention it, I've wondered about that topic, how / why do people end up with extra registration codes to trade, without stealing them out of display cases at stores? I can see maybe once in a while buying multiple copies of a DS game for multiplayer, or maybe breaking / losing / trading in a Wii game and then buying anotuer copy, but those seem like they should be infrequent exceptions at the most.

#39 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

Here

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=207895
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#40 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

I'll be putting that in the OP
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#41 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:49 PM

thanks utopian

so I guess coins can stack for membership (i.e. 1200 points auto qualifies you for 2 years of platinum status)? if so I'll start next week when I have time and enter lots of codes (hopefully for coins)

#42 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

thanks utopian

so I guess coins can stack for membership (i.e. 1200 points auto qualifies you for 2 years of platinum status)? if so I'll start next week when I have time and enter lots of codes (hopefully for coins)

That's not what she was saying at all, so if you haven't started yet, don't add more than enough to get you to platinum status.

#43 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:37 PM

thanks utopian

What the hell are you smoking? ....

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#44 garfep

garfep

shot Liberty Valance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:37 AM

I've been sitting on my coins forever hoping that some new rewards would come along, but at this point I've given up hope that we'll see anything new anytime soon, so I finally buckled and ordered the Game & Watch collection. After that & the bonus survey I still have 1120 coins, and hopefully any cool stuff in the future won't cost much more than 1000 anyway.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/garfep

#45 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 04:57 AM

I don't think anything will cost more than 800 coins. I know that the Japanese Club Nintendo hasn't had any items over 800 coins.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#46 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:40 AM

I hope we can get some good and unique prizes up ins this soon.
Like.. a special edition Wii Remote/nunchuck combo or something neat like that :lol:

A black zapper or wheel. Just soooomething

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#47 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:29 AM

Black Zapper with "Zelda's Crossbow Training". It's the same thing as Link's Crossbow Training, but you now play as Zelda. You also fire light arrows instead of those cheap wooden ones Link used.

Or Mother 3 as a download for VC. But that'd be too good.

One more thing I'd like: I'd like for them to announce the prizes BEFORE the year ends up. So those of us who are on the fence points-wise can decide whether or not the Platinum prize(s) is better than the Gold prize.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#48 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:31 AM

One more thing I'd like: I'd like for them to announce the prizes BEFORE the year ends up. So those of us who are on the fence points-wise can decide whether or not the Platinum prize(s) is better than the Gold prize.

Oh you kidder.

#49 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:12 AM

If Japan is any indication, the platinum reward is always going to be a calendar.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#50 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:19 AM

If Japan is any indication, the platinum reward is always going to be a calendar.

Don't you mean gold?

#51 snipegod

snipegod

Level 5 mustache detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:28 AM

Isn't it obvious?
Posted Image

#52 botticus

botticus

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

Strangely a bunch of surveys now have a 2016 expiration, Twilight Princess and some others included. I wonder if they extended the expiration to 10 years for select games?

Doesn't look like much rhyme or reason to it. At first I was thinking it was all the games that count prior to December 2008, but then it excludes Wario Ware.

Here's my list of 2016 expirations:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Tetris DS
Elite Beat Agents
Clubhouse Games
Big Brain Academy DS
Brain Age
Yoshi's Island DS
New Super Mario Bros. DS

Edited by botticus, 07 December 2009 - 02:18 PM.

#53 BlueLobstah

BlueLobstah

Do you...want my carrots?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

Don't you mean gold?

Slip of the tongue. I do mean gold.

Posted Image

SSBB: blue - 4897-5594-5432
MKWii: Jason - 0344-9687-4928

#54 M-PG71C

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:28 PM

Well, when I went back to my parents house for Thanksgiving I received my Mario hat from them. Its pretty freaking sweet, I have it hanging around my apartment now.

I finally did decide to bite on that Game and Watch Collection, why the hell not. And I'm a Gold member now after registering several Wii games, yay! 250 more points and I can be a Platinium member again. I'm not sure if there are even that many games I want...
Posted Image

#55 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:53 PM

I think Platinum member should get both rewards.

#56 Deefuzz

Deefuzz

Comfortably Numb

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

Sitting on 700 points currently and can easily register some more to reach 800 points. Not sure if I want to get the Game & Watch Collection, the Hanafuda Cards, or just wait for something better to come along.

But I fear we will never have as cool stuff in our store as Japan gets. :(

#57 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

I just joined up and registered everything this weekend to get up to Platinum. I still have a few I was waiting on in case something cool comes out, but at this point I think I am going to go for that animal crossing case/styli..I just suck so terribly bad at the original Donkey Kong for the game & watch collection.

Anyone bought the game case/styli combos? Are they worth it? The Animal Crossing one would be a great stocking stuffer for the girlfriend.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#58 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:32 AM

Are there any recommendations for a reward I should aim to get? I've got 380 points at the moment and I was kind of interested in the Zelda posters at 350 points or the Super Mario Bros. DS game and stylus case for 600 points. I like the artwork on the posters, though the SMB case seems like the more practical item since I could use a simple case to store games for travel rather than using the sandwich bag I've used for years.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#59 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:06 PM

Are there any recommendations for a reward I should aim to get? I've got 380 points at the moment and I was kind of interested in the Zelda posters at 350 points or the Super Mario Bros. DS game and stylus case for 600 points. I like the artwork on the posters, though the SMB case seems like the more practical item since I could use a simple case to store games for travel rather than using the sandwich bag I've used for years.

While the case is nice... the posters are awesome.

#60 Cambot

Cambot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:46 AM

I'm back up to Platinum! I still have 1800 coins. Will there be something better than the Hanafuda and Game&Watch Collection?