Photo
- - - - -

Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3153 replies to this topic

#61 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:33 PM

I'm back up to Platinum! I still have 1800 coins. Will there be something better than the Hanafuda and Game&Watch Collection?

Nintendo doesn't announce what prizes they may offer ahead of time. All we can do is just wait for them to appear on the website.

#62 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

I registered my copy of Spirit Tracks this morning, and with the intend to buy bonus, it gave me 50 coins.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#63 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:39 AM

I registered my copy of Spirit Tracks this morning, and with the intend to buy bonus, it gave me 50 coins.

Same here. I guess the base game must be worth 40 coins since the game is $35.
Posted Image

#64 snipegod

snipegod

Level 5 mustache detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:48 AM

Don't you get 10 coins for registering newly released games within a timeframe after release?
Posted Image

#65 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:47 PM

While the case is nice... the posters are awesome.

Have the posters been on there long? I'm guessing that they're LE unlilke the cases, which I've seen on there since CN started. I'll probably get the posters.

#66 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

Same here. I guess the base game must be worth 40 coins since the game is $35.

This:

Don't you get 10 coins for registering newly released games within a timeframe after release?

I think if you register a game within the first 4 weeks (if I remember correctly), you get a bonus 10. So 30+10 (new release)+10 (intend to buy)=max of 50 coins for a DS game.

#67 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

This:

I think if you register a game within the first 4 weeks (if I remember correctly), you get a bonus 10. So 30+10 (new release)+10 (intend to buy)=max of 50 coins for a DS game.

And wouldn't the post play survey give you another 10?

#68 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:10 PM

Yeah I thought it was 30 coins for a DS game, 10 for Intend to Buy and 10 for Post Play Survey.
Posted Image

#69 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:29 PM

And wouldn't the post play survey give you another 10?

I wasn't counting post-play, just the maximum initial amount, but yes, the post-play should give you another 10.

#70 The_Spaceman

The_Spaceman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

Have the posters been on there long? I'm guessing that they're LE unlilke the cases, which I've seen on there since CN started. I'll probably get the posters.

Posters have been up since about September of this year.

Posted Image
SSBB FC: 1805-1831-2986

#71 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:31 PM

Awwwwwwww snap, check out the new awards guys, not bad methinks
Spoiler

Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#72 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:47 PM

What are those? Postcards?

edit: Oh. The first picture is folders. The second pictures is giftcards. What was I thinking.

this signature is an illusion and is a trap devised by satan. go ahead dauntlessly! make rapid progress!

#73 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:50 PM

bah they should be 150.... if the posters were 350, this "back to school" sets are way over priced.

Kinda lame. I think for 450, you should get all 3 sets. 9 folders/bookmarks.

#74 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

OP has been updated listing the new rewards.

I was thinking about putting direct links in the rewards section for each item which would send you to the item page directly. Does anyone think this is a good/bad idea?
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#75 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

New Rewards:

Bowser Folder Set w/ Bookmarks

Toad & Friends Folder Set w/ Bookmarks

Mario & Friends Folder Set w/ Bookmarks

Mario & Luigi Greeting Card Set

Nintendogs Greeting Card Set

Rewards removed:

White DS game card holder

Silver DS game card holder w/ stylus

#76 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

OP has been updated listing the new rewards.

I was thinking about putting direct links in the rewards section for each item which would send you to the item page directly. Does anyone think this is a good/bad idea?

Do it! I suggest you do it in a spoiler to reduce clutter?

Also, in the OP- change the DS lite case from 300 coins to 400 coins.

#77 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

Is Wii Sports Resort eligible for Club Nintendo? My brother's getting it for Christmas.
Posted Image

where scoob

#78 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:10 PM

Wait, anyone have pictures of what was removed? Wasn't the silver DS Lite case with silver stylus removed a long time ago?

oIi9lub.png

#79 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:10 PM

Is Wii Sports Resort eligible for Club Nintendo? My brother's getting it for Christmas.

Yes, it is.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#80 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

Wait, anyone have pictures of what was removed? Wasn't the silver DS Lite case with silver stylus removed a long time ago?

It was removed, and then it came back (I think??)

#81 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

Why are the new items SO expensive? The 3 poster set makes them all look like a huge rip off...

With that said- I may get the Bowser folder set... looks really nice.

#82 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

Why are the new items SO expensive? The 3 poster set makes them all look like a huge rip off...

With that said- I may get the Bowser folder set... looks really nice.

So I am not crazy to think that 3 paper folders and 3 bookmarks are just outrageous at 250 each.

I am finally glad to get the posters... at 350, it's a steal compared to everything else.

I do like hte Bowser set, but I don't see Dry Bones or Goomba... maybe the folders are double different sided?

#83 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

These new prizes suck! I feel they didn't look at any of the surveys we did for the bonus 30 coins, and decided to screw with us.
Posted Image

#84 Lawyers Guns N Money

Lawyers Guns N Money

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

These new prizes suck! I feel they didn't look at any of the surveys we did for the bonus 30 coins, and decided to screw with us.

These prizes were likely in the process of being made before the survey went out. There's no way they could turn all those surveys around in a month's time, and use them to come up with new prizes so quickly.

I guess this is really the instant gratification generation. :roll:

#85 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

These prizes were likely in the process of being made before the survey went out. There's no way they could turn all those surveys around in a month's time, and use them to come up with new prizes so quickly.

I guess this is really the instant gratification generation. :roll:

That and it's better than NOTHING. People are getting a little too uppity about this Club Nintendo thing. Don't you people remember less than 18 months ago Nintendo didn't give out ANY freebies for buying their shit?

oIi9lub.png

#86 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:40 PM

Pass on the new rewards. Glad to see there's new stuff, but I don't want these. I can wait.

#87 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

That and it's better than NOTHING. People are getting a little too uppity about this Club Nintendo thing. Don't you people remember less than 18 months ago Nintendo didn't give out ANY freebies for buying their shit?

too uppity???

This is because the comparision to what they get...

Over us, there is 3 soundtrack CDs, 3 games, 1 handheld game as a Plat member, one game toy, and a mario pin. And that's just stuff I want.

http://translate.goo...ure&sl=ja&tl=en

I'd LOVE to get any of that... would gladly make my coin count to 0 for that stuff....

we get fucking stationary....

no, this is past uppity. just unfair.

#88 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:20 AM

Hey, we can compare until the cows come home (do MS/Sony first-party titles come with any perks?) but at least they're doing something.

However, I will say that the new prizes seem geared towards school-age children, most of whom don't know anything about the code in the pamphlet. I've bought quite a few used games off of parents and found the code totally unused.

#89 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 12:26 AM

I think most of us are/were excited about Club Nintendo after seeing some of the cool stuff Japan got. We need to remember though that it was mainly the cool stuff that got reported over here...assuredly they had their clunker prizes, but we either forgot about them or never saw them reported.

As long as my coins aren't expiring, I have no problem waiting for items of worth to make it to the store.

#90 databuild

databuild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:45 AM

I think most of us are/were excited about Club Nintendo after seeing some of the cool stuff Japan got. We need to remember though that it was mainly the cool stuff that got reported over here...assuredly they had their clunker prizes, but we either forgot about them or never saw them reported.

As long as my coins aren't expiring, I have no problem waiting for items of worth to make it to the store.

Agreed. I'll stock up my coins until there are better prizes.