CAG Marketplace Now Accessible to CAG Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]10521[/IMG-R][preview]I'm very excited to announce that the CAG Marketplace closed beta is now up and running. Anyone who was previously in the CAG beta should now have access through the main navigation bar at the top of every page.

Please make sure your collection, wish list, and trade list are up-to-date to best make use of the Marketplace.

Features now online:

• Buy, sell and trade games with fellow CAGs - 100% FREE
  • Get matched up automatically with buyers/traders/sellers with priority given to those marked as friends (or friends of friends) and those with high feedback
  • Easily list your available games for trade only, buy only at a specific prices, or consider all offers
  • Chat in real time with users while trading; conversations will be saved
  • Browse a user's trade & wish lists while making trade proposals
  • Edit game trading status/info directly from your collection pages
  • Marketplace availability appears on CAG game info pages for maximum exposure (example)
  • Integrated feedback system (previous CAG feedback will be imported)
  • Store multiple shipping addresses and preferred PayPal address
[/preview]

Features coming soon:

• Compare new prices, used prices, trade-in values (even Goozex) from most Marketplace pages
  • Further Marketplace integration with other parts of CAG

Known issues/bugs:

• PM notifications not yet live (will be fixed tomorrow)
  • When prompting a user to enter their address for the 1st time an error occurs. Use this link as a temporary workaround.
  • User link not working under "Most Wanted"
  • No way to cancel an initiated trade
  • False warning: "You already have an offer pending to this user, submitting a new one will overwrite your existing offer."
  • Cheapest - CAG Marketplace prices not current
  • Retailer prices not current

I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback on this early version of the CAG Marketplace!

Would you like to join the beta? Here are a few codes:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQunCyE_lyvTZGZtbWg2Y3BfNjFmdm5kd2dmNA&hl=en

Last edited by a moderator:
BETA Testers: Blog about it and (if you are allowed to) take some screens!

Also, I'll be donating to Child's Play Charity tomorrow for Hanukkah, will I receive a tester code in January, or not at all?

You know, I just got in (I like some of the features so far, pretty streamlined) but have never been in any beta for this site? Fluke, or does Cheapy just like me? :lol:

Im in the beta so im playing around with it tonite and maybe ill post a blog about it for the other CAGs.

Doing my wishlist and my trader stuff.

Damn, I would like to get involve and help with the program but I am not a beta tester. Any chance you could get me into the BETA Cheapy?

Man this is a fantastic implementation! So many features...and for free. You really outdid yourself this time, Cheapy. I can't wait to get matched up for some trades.

Gotta say this is a damn fine feature. I've been wanting to make a trade list but was too lazy. But this will make it easier and more streamlined.

Its still an issue from a while back, there is no way to cancel the trade offer if you initiated it in the first place

There also doesn't seem to be an easily accessible legend for what the color coded condition of game discs and manuals are.....

I'm hoping you guys get this up, I'd love to really be able to start using it with everybody

[quote name='comic0guy']Its still an issue from a while back, there is no way to cancel the trade offer if you initiated it in the first place

There also doesn't seem to be an easily accessible legend for what the color coded condition of game discs and manuals are.....
[/QUOTE]
Added the cancel issue to the list.

If you mouseover the colors, the condition will appear
Green = New, Like new or Good
Orange = Fair
Red = Poor (and will likely add none/unchecked here)

Is there a way to browse the people who have a game in their wishlist? I see on the game page where it shows who has them for trade, but don't see who might want them.

>>oh hmm... It updated when I relogged in. Matching up is working for me now sorry. (was other "issue" I having).

[quote name='yourlefthand']
Is there a possibility of adding classic games (SNES, NES, etc) in the future?[/QUOTE]
You can already do that...the future is now!

[quote name='CheapyD']You can already do that...the future is now![/QUOTE]

Heh. Sorry about that. I had tried to search for a mega man game and the only options that came up were newer platforms.

Just FYI...Punch-Out!! is on my wishlist and the cheapest retail price points to Amazon for the Heavyweight Contender Kit @ $6.98.

EDIT: Also, trader ratings will be sync'd later? CAGMP says I have 41/48, but the old iTrader page has 44/52.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='yourlefthand']Heh. Sorry about that. I had tried to search for a mega man game and the only options that came up were newer platforms.[/QUOTE]

It might not yet be in the database. To submit a new entry to the database, click on /games and collections/submit game to cag

Funny you should mention Mega Man...I am about to enter the data for Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3 for the NES!

Cheapy - Is there any way to change the "US/UK Release Date" fields in the "Add Game to Database" interface to accept direct entry as well as calendar-based entry? It is proving hard to cycle through the months from 2009 -> 198X for classic NES games.

I'm probably the millionth person to suggest this, but how about "CagHag" as a name for the marketplace... Hag=Haggle for the short-bussers. It's borderline homophobic AND sexist... perfect!

absolutely sweet
just buffed up my collection and trade list, put up some prices.
but as far as it goes it seems it's just me and nobody else on the marketplace... it cannot be for sure, is something wrong?
btw, i'm from Italy so i'm looking forward to UK or European trades only.

[quote name='Shuino']Yeah, when I click on that link it just says:

"Please continue to EAT MY S***T"

I'm sure something is wrong here.....?

Here's a screen shot:
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/839/cagz.jpg[/QUOTE]

Ha ha he's right... that's kinda funny.

Also thanks for tip and adding to database. I want to see if I can dump off Fairy Tale Fights

[quote name='Nebenator']You can check the revisions in Google Docs, there might be some extra codes.[/QUOTE]

holy cow revision city, i think ill wait til this makes it out of beta

Looks great. I'm excited to be able to get some older games without the hassle of the shady ebay sellers. It is a little bit funny that the highest prices shows up for the lowest price but you guys know that already.

I think what's really going to help this is the lowest new price from places like Amazon. I get sick of people on ebay thinking that a certain game is worth so much more than it is when I can get it new for less.

Just a suggestion of something I'd like to see... If something's listed "For Sale" - there should be a price. It could be something like "$25 or Best Offer" or such - but as someone who's only looking to buy, I really dislike not seeing a price. Could you imagine going into a store where you have to ask how much every single item is? Now, imagine there being 12 different check out lanes and each one may or may not give you a different price.

Just my thoughts...

Uh, is it just me, or does it seem like the "Cheapest - CAG Marketplace" column is listing the highest priced copy available, not the cheapest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back