CAG Marketplace Now Accessible to CAG Beta Testers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#31 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:15 PM

Just FYI...Punch-Out!! is on my wishlist and the cheapest retail price points to Amazon for the Heavyweight Contender Kit @ $6.98.

EDIT: Also, trader ratings will be sync'd later? CAGMP says I have 41/48, but the old iTrader page has 44/52.

Edited by eugaet, 11 December 2009 - 03:34 PM.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#32 djfp

djfp

Der Kittn Snorglr

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:26 PM

Heh. Sorry about that. I had tried to search for a mega man game and the only options that came up were newer platforms.

It might not yet be in the database. To submit a new entry to the database, click on /games and collections/submit game to cag

Funny you should mention Mega Man...I am about to enter the data for Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3 for the NES!
Posted Image

#33 djfp

djfp

Der Kittn Snorglr

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

Cheapy - Is there any way to change the "US/UK Release Date" fields in the "Add Game to Database" interface to accept direct entry as well as calendar-based entry? It is proving hard to cycle through the months from 2009 -> 198X for classic NES games.
Posted Image

#34 colt4by5

colt4by5

Works every time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

I'm probably the millionth person to suggest this, but how about "CagHag" as a name for the marketplace... Hag=Haggle for the short-bussers. It's borderline homophobic AND sexist... perfect!

#35 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:41 PM

Sweet, looking forward to this... I may have to update my trade list..
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#36 Shuino

Shuino

Gentlemen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:41 PM

[preview]

Would you like to join the beta? Here are a few codes:
http://docs.google.c...m5kd2dmNA&hl=en

Yeah, when I click on that link it just says:

"Please continue to EAT MY S***T"

I'm sure something is wrong here.....?

Here's a screen shot:
http://img12.imagesh...12/839/cagz.jpg

Edited by Shuino, 11 December 2009 - 07:53 PM.

Pulpjesus.jpg

#37 babaz75

babaz75

en plein air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

absolutely sweet
just buffed up my collection and trade list, put up some prices.
but as far as it goes it seems it's just me and nobody else on the marketplace... it cannot be for sure, is something wrong?
btw, i'm from Italy so i'm looking forward to UK or European trades only.

#38 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, when I click on that link it just says:

"Please continue to EAT MY S***T"

I'm sure something is wrong here.....?

Here's a screen shot:
http://img12.imagesh...12/839/cagz.jpg

Ha ha he's right... that's kinda funny.

Also thanks for tip and adding to database. I want to see if I can dump off Fairy Tale Fights
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#39 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

i get the same message, someone messed with it

#40 Nebenator

Nebenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:59 PM

You can check the revisions in Google Docs, there might be some extra codes.

#41 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:16 PM

You can check the revisions in Google Docs, there might be some extra codes.

holy cow revision city, i think ill wait til this makes it out of beta

#42 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

Just posted a blog about some of the features in the CAG Marketplace

check it out
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#43 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:26 PM

Fresh codes: http://docs.google.c...m5kd2dmNA&hl=en

#44 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:09 AM

Thanks for the new set of codes. Used one and removed from list.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#45 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

Looks great. I'm excited to be able to get some older games without the hassle of the shady ebay sellers. It is a little bit funny that the highest prices shows up for the lowest price but you guys know that already.

I think what's really going to help this is the lowest new price from places like Amazon. I get sick of people on ebay thinking that a certain game is worth so much more than it is when I can get it new for less.
Posted Image

#46 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:01 AM

(PM notification is now enabled.)

#47 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:35 AM

Just a suggestion of something I'd like to see... If something's listed "For Sale" - there should be a price. It could be something like "$25 or Best Offer" or such - but as someone who's only looking to buy, I really dislike not seeing a price. Could you imagine going into a store where you have to ask how much every single item is? Now, imagine there being 12 different check out lanes and each one may or may not give you a different price.

Just my thoughts...
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#48 Eh? What?

Eh? What?

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:19 AM

Uh, is it just me, or does it seem like the "Cheapest - CAG Marketplace" column is listing the highest priced copy available, not the cheapest?

#49 Eh? What?

Eh? What?

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:30 AM

Is there any way to get more than 20 search results at a time?

#50 John

John

Illusive Programmer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

The "Cheapest - Used" values should now be correct.

#51 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

You know what, if you initiate a trade with someone who is not in the beta, they can't see the trade details.

Maybe there is a way to add people to the beta as they have trade deals setup?

#52 babaz75

babaz75

en plein air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

i'm trying this out on the field.
I've got a "match" with someone (dont know if he's into the beta or not...), when i click to enter the trade i see that particular user has the matched game, but has another 2 games in my wish list... it's ok, but isn't the system supposed to alert me for every single match? (even if from a single user)... maybe i'm not considering something here.
much important thing also, in the ADDRESS field it defaults me to UK as Country, when i actually (and consistently too :p) live in Italy. Is the system not geared toward continental EU caggers?

#53 schwartzvald

schwartzvald

Dr. Fumbles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

Where do you want feedback on this to go? Ah, hell, I'll just throw some here.

I like the concept, but it's ambitious, and as always, I worry about abuse and dispute resolution. I like that it presents refined, standardized trade lists, and a way to search them near-instantly for what you want. But I worry about stupid children and other morons. They screw up trading via message board trade lists, and they screw up Goozex trades, even with the point system, all on a regular basis.

So I'm hesitant to jump head-first into the CAG Marketplace, not because there might be a bug here and there. Rather, I want to see what happens when it is stress-tested against unpredictable, stupid users. I'm not sure the beta's going to be enough to cover that.

That said, I have some suggestions:

1. I think that when you enable a game for trade, it should take you to a secondary page that forces you to describe condition before the game can be offered. I really do not like "As New"--it's too open to interpretation, and too close to "New/Sealed". I'd replace it with either "Near Mint" or "Light Use", and then force users to always provide a detailed description of condition, with a suggestion nearby, encouraging the mention of scratches, creases in the manual, and so on.

2. I don't care much for the "Summary" page in another user's Wish List as it is now. It would be much more useful if it summarized that user's offered games by system. That way, if someone doesn't deal in Wii games, and sees a Wish List with nothing BUT Wii games on the summary, time is saved. :D

3. Common game peripherals, such as gamepads and memory cards, would be a nice addition to the database.

4. I know lots of CAGs use their trade lists for more than just videogames--items such as anime/gaming figurines and posters, DVDs, Blu-ray, PC parts, comic books and more. I think the best solution would be if the Marketplace TL had an option to display a big, fat link at the top to the user's old-school TL (or even a board post of the user's choice), with the post title as the name of the link. That way, users could tailor the title of their forum post to fit nicely at the top of their marketplace TL, if they wanted. For example, if a user was running a lowball auction in their forum TL, the top of their Marketplace TL could have a big fat link that says, "Check Out Someguy6108's Lowball Sale, LIVE NOW!"

Or you could just leave everything the way it is, and I won't use it. :D

- S

#54 phoenix529

phoenix529

...for Science.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:10 PM

I like it a lot. I've been looking for a better way to search for games forever. Just a few suggestions:

1) Pics of your collection, so people can actually get a visual of what exactly you're offering.

2) The Add a Game Search should either eliminate games you've already added to your wishlist or allow for more results. I want to add the original Resident Evil for PS1, and can't all the other Resident Evil games invade the results list.

3) Will feedback transfer? I don't really wanna start over with my feedback.

4) How would we conduct lowballs, a CAG staple, with this marketplace? I would die if CAG was lowball-less.

phoenix529.png

sig.gif

#55 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

I'm liking it so far but I'm having trouble adding some games to my collection list. Certain ones like Final Fantasy X aren't showing up when I search to add. Wondering if there was a way to add them on your own.
Posted Image

#56 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:30 PM

I'm liking it so far but I'm having trouble adding some games to my collection list. Certain ones like Final Fantasy X aren't showing up when I search to add. Wondering if there was a way to add them on your own.

Yes there is.
Just click the Game Collection icon and stroll down to Submit a GAme and do it there. Just make sure its not on the list.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#57 phoenix529

phoenix529

...for Science.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

Is there a way to view an individual user's wishlist/collection?

phoenix529.png

sig.gif

#58 nzbeans

nzbeans

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:20 PM

Is it possible to filter between available NTSC/PAL games?

#59 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:11 AM

When does the list of people that own a game feature actually start working for beta or normal people? The link is dead and just reverts back to the same default beta page.

#60 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

I'm working on transferring my collection from my trade list thread to the marketplace. I will post some feedback once I've had some more time using it.
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards