18 (100%)

Day 1 - Sunday Dec 13 - Tekken 6 PS3/360 $34.99
Day 2 - Monday Dec 14 - Castlevania Judgement Wii $9.89
Day 3 - Tuesday Dec 15 - Terminator Salvation 360/PS3 $9.89
Day 4 - Wednesday Dec 16 - SOCOM Confrontation (game only) PS3 $9.89
Day 5 - Thursday Dec 17 - NHL2K10 Wii $19.89
Day 6 - Friday Dec 18 - PS3 160GB Fat Uncharted Bundle $329.99
Day 7 - Saturday Dec 19 - Assassin's Creed 2 $29.99
Day 8 - Sunday Dec 20 - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (All versions, including limited edition) $29.99
Day 9 - Monday Dec 21 - Used 80GB PS3 $199.99 (was $279.99), Used 360 $74.99 (was $109.99), Used Wii $149.99 (was $179.99)
Day 9 - Monday Dec 21 - Free Sing It! with Wii Console $209.99
Day 10 - Tuesday Dec 22 - Naked Brothers Band Wii $4.89
Day 11 - Wednesday Dec 23 - SingStar Vol 2 with Mic $9.89
Day 12 - Thursday Dec 24 - Warioland: Shake It $19.89

Boxing Week Daily Door Crashers

Dec 26 - Tony Hawk Ride $99.99 and some cheap crappy games
Dec 27 - Smackdown vs Raw 2009 $4.89
Dec 28 - Hellboy $4.89
Dec 29 - Bionic Commando $14.89
Dec 30 - MySims Party $9.89
Dec 31 - AC/DC Track Pack $1.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully we'll be able to use gamestop.ca to find out what the games is everyday. Not that any of us have cash left anyway :p

An RFDer claiming to work at an EB is saying the first day is Tekken 6 for $34.99 and the second day is Castlevania Judgment for $9.86.

[quote name='game_fanatic']An RFDer claiming to work at an EB is saying the first day is Tekken 6 for $34.99 and the second day is Castlevania Judgment for $9.86.[/QUOTE]

Well no offence, but so far those deals sound pretty crappy. Why would anyone pay $34.99 for Tekken 6 when @ Wal-Mart you can get DA:O and L4D2 for $39.99? If this is aimed at the hardcore fighter crowd, EB is late because all of those people probably payed full price for that game when it first came out.

Don't even get me started on Castlevania Judgement, I wouldn't buy that game even if THEY paid me $10.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Well no offence, but so far those deals sound pretty crappy. Why would anyone pay $34.99 for Tekken 6 when @ Wal-Mart you can get DA:O and L4D2 for $39.99? If this is aimed at the hardcore fighter crowd, EB is late because all of those people probably payed full price for that game when it first came out.

Don't even get me started on Castlevania Judgement, I wouldn't buy that game even if THEY paid me $10.[/QUOTE]

How can you compare Tekken 6 to DA and L4D2? They're totally different games. Now if Tekken 6 had been $35 somewhere else recently then you'd have a case, but I don't recall it ever being that low.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']How can you compare Tekken 6 to DA and L4D2? They're totally different games. Now if Tekken 6 had been $35 somewhere else recently then you'd have a case, but I don't recall it ever being that low.[/QUOTE]

I'm comparing them by popularity and game of the year contention. Tekken is only meant for hardcore fighter fans, and as I said, they likely already have it.
Most people reading this ad are not hardcore fighter fans, and their money is much better spent on DA:O and L4D2.
Also for their money, DA:O and L4D2 will have higher TIV and will be better for trade on Goozex than Tekken 6.
My main point is that stockings will want to be stuffed with games like L4D2 this year not Tekken, so if people can get L4D2 for $39, why would they go for Tekken 6?

[quote name='RchrdJ']Well no offence, but so far those deals sound pretty crappy. Why would anyone pay $34.99 for Tekken 6 when @ Wal-Mart you can get DA:O and L4D2 for $39.99? If this is aimed at the hardcore fighter crowd, EB is late because all of those people probably payed full price for that game when it first came out.

Don't even get me started on Castlevania Judgement, I wouldn't buy that game even if THEY paid me $10.[/QUOTE]

No offence to me man, I just stole the post from RFD lol. And Lone is right, you can't really compare an RPG to an FPS to a fighting game. With the right gamer, Tekken 6 could provide more re-playability than both those games combined.

It was $50 with b2g1 at bb, so about the same If you could get 3 the same price.

really wish i hadn't traded for that one, though the nephews have played and played it.

"EB is late because all of those people probably payed full price for that game when it first came out."

I think that is the point on why that one is discounted so fast :). I think street fighter fell faster then other ones that came out at same time too.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Don't even get me started on Castlevania Judgement, I wouldn't buy that game even if THEY paid me $10.[/QUOTE]
Because they'd pay you the $10, but still charge you a certain amount such that you don't actually get any cash (since you're so specific about BUYING it).

...if they GAVE us $10 to take it from them, then thats a different story (;

I wonder what time they'd update their site/info??

Yeah, Tekken must not have done well at all seeing all these sales from various sources. I was tempted to get the game and Hori stick bundle from Amazon on BF, but shipping would have killed the deal (although I didn't have the foresight to see if I could have had it shipped to me directly, as it may have been cheaper).

I have some credit at Ebgames, so I'm hoping for some good deals there. Too neither of those 2 games interests me =/

[quote name='addone']Because they'd pay you the $10, but still charge you a certain amount such that you don't actually get any cash (since you're so specific about BUYING it).

...if they GAVE us $10 to take it from them, then thats a different story (;

I wonder what time they'd update their site/info??[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I didn't word that correctly, but you all know what I mean:lol:

[quote name='Ranzo']I saw some ok deals nothing amazing like in march.[/QUOTE]

saw? the games arent listed (12 days, what this thread is about)

also i'd take tekken if i had a 2nd controller, already have l4d2 on pc for $33, DA is not my thing... so i would be the person that sale is for

Gamestop.ca doesn't look very promising. I swear I saw Tekken 6 for around $40 today, and I'm almost certain I saw Need For Speed Shift for $45... prices on the site don't match up...

[quote name='kn00tcn']saw? the games arent listed (12 days, what this thread is about)[/QUOTE]
Ranzo is a EB manager. So he's maybe seen the full list already.

[quote name='game_fanatic']An RFDer claiming to work at an EB is saying the first day is Tekken 6 for $34.99 and the second day is Castlevania Judgment for $9.86.[/QUOTE]
Castlevania might be ok if you can use a Kellogg coupon on it. But I'm still not sure if I want it even @ $5...

So call me an idiot, but I thought price changes and that kind of thing didn't happen on Sundays at EB, but the deal is starting on one?

Can't wait to see which games go on sale, now since this semester is over I'll actually have time to go out and buy them! Not gonna touch Castlevania though lol.

Guilty admission: The more people badmouth Castlevania, the more interested I am just to see how bad it actually is (ended up buying Alone in the Dark at $10 for the same reason). It's kind of like a love for terrible B-movies... but applied to games.

Has anyone trashing it actually played, or are you guys just going by popular opinion? If it's entertaining enough to kill 2 hours -- either through gameplay, or laughing at the lack of gameplay -- then I'd consider it worth trying.

[quote name='ejamer']Guilty admission: The more people badmouth Castlevania, the more interested I am just to see how bad it actually is (ended up buying Alone in the Dark at $10 for the same reason). It's kind of like a love for terrible B-movies... but applied to games.

Has anyone trashing it actually played, or are you guys just going by popular opinion? If it's entertaining enough to kill 2 hours -- either through gameplay, or laughing at the lack of gameplay -- then I'd consider it worth trying.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I see where you are coming from. I've never played Castlevania Judgment, I'm just going off of what every other person who has played it has said. I also don't see the point in playing a Castlevania fighter, unless it was done right.

I kind of wanted to play Alone in the dark for the same reason as you, I just wasn't going to pay $40 for it, or even $12 to rent a BB.

Oh, right, of course they would know about the deal ahead of time LOL. *is an idiot*

[quote name='ejamer']
Has anyone trashing it actually played, or are you guys just going by popular opinion? If it's entertaining enough to kill 2 hours -- either through gameplay, or laughing at the lack of gameplay -- then I'd consider it worth trying.[/QUOTE]
Popular opinion generally agrees that the game is bad, but I for one don't even like the normal Castlevania games (They're not bad games, just not for me) so a fighter that's been deemed terrible by many is just something I'm going to stay away from. But I've never played it. Is two hours of laughs really worth $10? If it is for you, then hey, go for it. ;)

[quote name='addone']Can we rely on OP to continuously update first page with breaking news info on t3h dealZ as its available? :)[/QUOTE]

I'll try my best, but I can only guarantee to be useless and unreliable.

[quote name='TripleQ']I'll try my best, but I can only guarantee to be useless and unreliable.[/QUOTE]
That's good enough for me :)

[quote name='Fuzzy']I only support faceless corporations, not independent stores run by real people.[/QUOTE]
Which podcast said that? I listened to it today, ha ha... Was that cagcast?

[quote name='RoganSarine']Which podcast said that? I listened to it today, ha ha... Was that cagcast?[/QUOTE]
No idea since I don't listen to any.

[quote name='TronB']Is two hours of laughs really worth $10? If it is for you, then hey, go for it. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm counting on trade-in value to make this cheaper than renting... and judging from the www.tivs.ca website it might even make the game a free loaner if I drop it off at the right spot.

It's on the front page of gamestop.ca now, the right most button on the main ad. Nice job photoshopping "34" in there, looks real professional.

[quote name='TripleQ']It's on the front page of gamestop.ca now, the right most button on the main ad. Nice job photoshopping "34" in there, looks real professional.[/QUOTE]

Haha...that is soooo bad

[quote name='TripleQ']It's on the front page of gamestop.ca now, the right most button on the main ad. Nice job photoshopping "34" in there, looks real professional.[/QUOTE]
thats not photoshopped that microsoft paint
lol

[quote name='Nukkus']also, castlevania is $19.96 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

So basically they're catching up to bargain bins around the nation. I bought Castlevania for 18.93$ at a walmart months ago.

Totally not worth it, shit game.

[quote name='jeffx']So basically they're catching up to bargain bins around the nation. I bought Castlevania for 18.93$ at a walmart months ago.

Totally not worth it, shit game.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. $20 is too high for a lousy game -- especially when you can get some good titles (like Dawn of Discovery or SNK Arcade Classics) for $20 or less at Walmart.

Wednesday Dec 16 SOCOM Confrontation (game only) PS3 $9.89
Tuesday Dec 15 Terminator Salvation 360/PS3 $9.89

Castlevania is still $9.89 right now.. looks like they have some issues updating both the ads and the online prices.

bread's done
Back