GameFly 2009 Year End Sale - Restock!

• Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

#511 TheCapedCrusader

TheCapedCrusader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

I'm surprised that Fight Night Round 4 isn't selling, is it that bad?

I think most people wouldn't buy it at 14.99.

32.gif

CLICK THE BATMAN LOGO FOR MY TRADELIST

#512 sherisdoppel

sherisdoppel

The Eye in Shadow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:15 AM

How's spiderman web of shadows?

If you are a fan of Spider-man game series, you will definitely like it since the game focuses on combat. The game gates repetitive, but upgrades keep you from the game being extremely boring. You will see unpolished animation particularly related to physics and web-swinging here and there.
Later in the game, where the city is full of infected people the game doesn't run on 30 fps and a bit choppy but never ruins the fun.

If you are not a Spider-man fan, you will call it an average game or even worse. It is cool to swing around New York city, but there isn't any free-roaming you would expect in Prototype or GTA. There are optional goals you can complete, but it's not fun and frustrating a bit and whether you are done or in progress they are gone when you move on to the next main goal.

Expect 10 hours to complete the achievement of 1000G, but that's only when you use save feature well. Because there are four endings you gotta clear the game at least twice or four times if you don't use save feature.

#513 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:59 AM

I'm surprised that Fight Night Round 4 isn't selling, is it that bad?

It's among the greatest boxing games of all time.

#514 xhonzi

xhonzi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:14 AM

Loved Web of Shadows. Am a Spidey fan.

#515 TheCapedCrusader

TheCapedCrusader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

Left 4 Dead and The Godfather II back in stock. Even though the sale is done, they are at the same price.

32.gif

CLICK THE BATMAN LOGO FOR MY TRADELIST

#516 CaptPete

CaptPete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

Left 4 Dead and The Godfather II back in stock. Even though the sale is done, they are at the same price.

Not anymore!

I noticed a restock myself and had a few games in my cart to order and one by one they increased in price as I went to check out. =(

#517 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

I just snatched up Fight Night Round 4. Great deal for $9. I used a $5 off coupon.
Spider-Man Web of Shadows is fun but has many glaring technical issues that fans will overlook. If you aren't a fan then you most likely won't enjoy the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#518 Fire_Thief

Fire_Thief

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

Got Wolverine in, and as expected, it's scratched to absolute shit.

#519 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

I saw that earlier today. I picked up Godfather 2 PS3 for $8 after my $5 coupon.
To each his own.

#520 1trueshad0w

1trueshad0w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

I got all of my games today, about a week after ordering. They were all brand new -- the security stickers on the side and botton were cut and that's the only part of each game that was touched.

#521 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:01 AM

Sometimes I wonder what some people's definition of "scratched to shit" is. I've been buying from Gamefly for several years and they've all been great, especially compared to Gamestop.

#522 yruluis

yruluis

Группа Чи-Л

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:01 AM

I got all of my games today, about a week after ordering. They were all brand new -- the security stickers on the side and botton were cut and that's the only part of each game that was touched.

i'm pretty sure that all the games from GF come with the security stickers. i just got transformers and it has it as well. Wouldn't make sense for them to take them off.

#523 1trueshad0w

1trueshad0w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

i'm pretty sure that all the games from GF come with the security stickers. i just got transformers and it has it as well. Wouldn't make sense for them to take them off.

Oh, it was my first time dealing with them, and since I usually buy used games from GameStop, having the security sticker on a used game was a first for me.

#524 King Royalty

King Royalty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:13 PM

Ok i bought MK vs DC and it says it was shipped on 12/30/09 and its now 1/07/10 shouldnt i have received my game by now?

#525 ps360gamer

ps360gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

I ordered X-Men Origins: Wolverine from this sale and received my copy in excellent condition. This the second time I ordered from Gamefly and I will be using them for used games over Gamestop from now on.

#526 Papa Neorev

Papa Neorev

Sounders 'Til I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

all the games i've gotten from gamefly have been in perfect condition......and great pricing also.
Posted Image

#527 IcBluScRn

IcBluScRn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

Sadly i am missing 2 games i ordered back on 12/23, gamefly said it shipped on the 24th and i signed for it. There investigating i have some other things i can prove i never got it well see. I ordered more stuff on the 4th lets see how that goes

#528 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:24 PM

Looks like deal is over.

#529 gshell

gshell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:45 PM

Sometimes I wonder what some people's definition of "scratched to shit" is. I've been buying from Gamefly for several years and they've all been great, especially compared to Gamestop.

agreed.....my only regret is that i haven't purchased more games from them.....great pricing and games are always in immaculate condition.....my most impressive haul to date? i got prinny can i really be the hero for 14.99 with music cd and the actual prinny box in perfect condition....gfly guaranteed the cd but i wasn't expecting the box.....just another reason why i love buying from gfly.

#530 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:50 PM

just got my copy of FNR4 and its in mint condition, i mean the case and disk are so new I doubt it was ever used

#531 The SPism

The SPism

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

they do sales throughout the year right? is the end of the year sale suppose to be their best though? seems like a few of you have had a lot of previous experience ordering from them

#532 csmason1

csmason1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

A lot of people expect used games to look new, i.e. a pristine shining surface staring back at them. Those people are the reason my eBay auctions simply say that the disc looks fine and plays great on my 360/PS3. I never make any representations about scratches or lack thereof.

#533 mossman43

mossman43

Castlevania Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

Hmmm.....My 360 games were scratched to shit, but I am picky about my games. I wish I only bought PS3 games because you can't scratch those. I guess some of us are more anal than others when it comes to scratches.

#534 mphil145

mphil145

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

I ordered X-Men Origins: Wolverine from this sale and received my copy in excellent condition. This the second time I ordered from Gamefly and I will be using them for used games over Gamestop from now on.

My Street Fighter 4 shipped out on Dec29th and I just got it today so yeah it takes awhile

#535 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

Hmmm.....My 360 games were scratched to shit, but I am picky about my games. I wish I only bought PS3 games because you can't scratch those. I guess some of us are more anal than others when it comes to scratches.

Someone on here reported getting an unplayable Killzone 2, so PS3 games are sometimes defective (though they are a better bet than any other console because of how difficult it is to scratch them). You have to expect ex-rentals to be a little beat up considering how many people have tried them. Try installing the game to your 360 and if it comes to 100% then it should play fine, even if it is scratched.

#536 ferris182

ferris182

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

they do sales throughout the year right? is the end of the year sale suppose to be their best though? seems like a few of you have had a lot of previous experience ordering from them

Yes. GF does sell games year round. However, the end of the year sale is always the best sale of the whole year.

#537 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:40 AM

Got my copy of Call of Juarez in perfect condition. It seemed to take longer to receive it this time - I ordered on Dec. 26 and just got it. Oh well, I can't complain for $12.XX shipped.

#538 mikejenks

mikejenks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:42 AM

Sadly i am missing 2 games i ordered back on 12/23, gamefly said it shipped on the 24th and i signed for it. There investigating i have some other things i can prove i never got it well see. I ordered more stuff on the 4th lets see how that goes

Signed for it? I've ordered many games from GF, and they've all come USPS.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#539 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:07 AM

Signed for it? I've ordered many games from GF, and they've all come USPS.

Yeah, I've never gotten anything from GF that didn't come via USPS. Though, the issues they have had with the USPS are well-documented, so perhaps in areas with a high loss or damage rate they ship games, at least ones they have sold, via another service.

#540 greyzieoriental

greyzieoriental

is your Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:14 AM

Got my games from GF, took about 1 full week. It came by FedEx. All cases and manuals are brand new, the games all work with plenty of scratches all over them, nothing deep mostly light scratches from their mailers and usage. I took all the games and traded them in at Gamestop for the $20+edge card deal. Paid $100 for 9 games and received $170 credit and renewed my edge card w/ game informer sub.

The only game I may have wanted to keep was out of stock(MK vs DC).
Darksiders and Bayonetta seem to be the best choices or maybe a new DSi.