GameFly 2009 Year End Sale - Restock!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9358[/IMG-R][preview]GameFly's famous Year End Sale is now running until 1/4/2010. Get free shipping on all used games along with a bunch of great sale prices. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition. Read on for sale items![/preview]

:360: Major League Baseball 2K9 $6.99
:360: NBA 2K9 $7.99
:360: NFS Undercover $7.99
:360: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:360: Wheelman $9.99
:360: Bionic Commando $9.99
:360: Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin $9.99
:360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99
:360: Godfather 2 $9.99
:360: Wanted: Weapons of Fate $9.99
:360: H.A.W.X. $10.99
:360: Street Fighter IV $12.99
:360: Resident Evil 5 $12.99
:360: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $12.99
:360: Midnight Club: Los Angeles $12.99
:360: Ghostbusters $12.99
:360: Battlestations: Pacific $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat vs. DC $14.99
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $14.99
:360: Left 4 Dead $14.99
:360: Fight Night Round 4 $14.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $16.99
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $17.99
:360: Call of Duty: World at War $17.99
:360: Fable 2 $17.99
All Xbox 360 Sale Games

:wii: Excitebots: Trick Racing $12.99
:wii: Sonic and the Black Knight$12.99
:wii: Little King's Story $17.99
:wii: Don King Boxing $6.99
:wii: Prof. Heinz Wolff's Gravity $6.99
:wii: Major League Baseball 2K9 $6.99
:wii: Daisy Fuentes Pilates $7.99
:wii: Deca Sports $7.99
:wii: Neighborhood Games $7.99
:wii: Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball $7.99
:wii: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $7.99
:wii: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $9.99
:wii: The Conduit $9.99
:wii: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:wii: Guitar Hero World Tour $9.99
:wii: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:wii: Carnival Games: Mini-Golf $9.99
:wii: Disney Think Fast $9.99
:wii: Crash: Mind Over Mutant $12.99
:wii: de Blob $12.99
:wii: My Fitness Coach $12.99
:wii: Overlord: Dark Legend $12.99
:wii: House of the Dead: Overkill $14.99
:wii: MadWorld $14.99
:wii: NASCAR Kart Racing $14.99
:wii: Guitar Hero: Metallica $17.99
:wii: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption $17.99
All Wii Sale Games

spacer.gif

:ps3: Bionic Commando $7.99
:ps3: Stormrise $9.99
:ps3: Damnation $9.99
:ps3: Major League Baseball 2K9 $9.99
:ps3: Golden Axe: Beast Rider $9.99
:ps3: NBA 2K9 $9.99
:ps3: NBA Live 09 $9.99
:ps3: Shellshock 2: Blood Trails $9.99
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 $9.99
:ps3: Bond 007: Quantum of Solace $12.99
:ps3: Godfather 2 $12.99
:ps3: WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2009 $12.99
:ps3: MLB '09: The Show $12.99
:ps3: Virtua Tennis 2009 $12.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters $14.99
:ps3: Monsters vs. Aliens $14.99
:ps3: WWE: Legends of Wrestlemania $14.99
:ps3: Far Cry 2 $14.99
:ps3: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $17.99
:ps3: C&C: Red Alert 3 $19.99
:ps3: Dynasty War. Gundam 2 $19.99
:ps3: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince $19.99
All PS3 Sale Games

:ds: Build a Lot $7.99
:ds: Dream Day Wedding $7.99
:ds: Flower, Sun, and Rain $7.99
:ds: Blue Dragon Plus $9.99
:ds: Harvest Moon: Frantic Farming $9.99
:ds: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $9.99
:ds: Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume $12.99
:ds: Rhythm Heaven $12.99
:ds: Naruto Ninja Council 4 $12.99
:ds: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon $14.99
:ds: Ghostbusters $14.99
:ds: Pokemon Ranger: Almia $14.99
:ds: Star Wars Jedi Alliance $14.99
:ds: GTA: Chinatown Wars $17.99
:ds: Gardening Mama $17.99
:ds: Suikoden Tierkreis $17.99
:ds: Legendary Starfy $19.99
All DS Sale Games

:psp: Tenchu: Shadow Assassins $7.99
:psp: Dragon Ball: Evolution $7.99
:psp: DT Carnage $7.99
:psp: MLB '09: The Show $9.99
:psp: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:psp: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $12.99
:psp: The Bigs 2 $12.99
:psp: Patapon $14.99
:psp: Resistance: Retribution $14.99
:psp: Class of Heroes $14.99
:psp: Prinny: Can I Really Be a Hero $14.99
:psp: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $14.99
:psp: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite $17.99
:psp: Phantasy Star Portable $17.99
:psp: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $17.99
:psp: Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce $19.99
All PSP Sale Games

:ps2: Backyard Baseball '09 $4.99
:ps2: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 $5.99
:ps2: Tomb Raider Underworld $7.99
:ps2: Secret Service $7.99
:ps2: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows $7.99
:ps2: Shaun White Snowboarding $7.99
:ps2: Guitar Hero World Tour $9.99
:ps2: Avatar: Into the Inferno $9.99
:ps2: Bond 007: Quantum of Solace $9.99
:ps2: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:ps2: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness $12.99
:ps2: God of War $14.99
:ps2: MLB '09: The Show $14.99
All PS2 Sale Games

Last edited by a moderator:
Conduit at $10 is somewhat tempting, as the controls are supposed to be awesome.

Really tempted to get Valkyrie Profile (DS) and FF Echoes (Wii). I will admit it was disappointing to scroll through those and see Wolverine on the 360 at $10, then see it on the Wii at $10, and sadly see it on PS3 (only platform I was hoping to see it on) still at $22. X-Men Origins was the only game I was really wanting to grab, but it was the PS3 version so I'm not surprised.

To anyone that doesn't own Little King's Story: get it...now.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Does anyone think Prinny will come with everything that originally came with the game?[/QUOTE]

From the site:

Note: Bonus Disc is included with purchase of this title, but not with rental.

Did it come with anything else?

[quote name='J Bling Blang']Looking to pick up RE5 and Conduit. Anyword on Conduit being good?[/QUOTE]

Well it was billed as being the first good FPS for the Wii, and from what I read it fell short of that. But it's supposed to be a good FPS "for the Wii" (meaning you'll be disappointed if you compare it to offerings on other consoles). That said, at $10 it's worth a shot, I picked it up.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Anyone have anything good to say about H.A.W.X.?[/QUOTE]

I rented this game when it came out and really enjoyed it. It has online co-op and thats how i played it. I did not beat it but played quite a bit. IMHO it's worth $10 and also for anyone on the fence with Ghostbusters i picked this up in the b2g1 with gamestop and its in the running for my game of the year. It's a fantastic game with a great story and spectacular graphics.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Does anyone think Prinny will come with everything that originally came with the game?[/QUOTE]

I dont see why not. I ordered :wii:Phantom Brave from then and it came with the digital media disc and the slip cover.

[quote name='IronSerif']Thanks for the deals...i'm sure my wife won't be so happy lol[/QUOTE]

Same here. Joint checking. I'm making it up to her by buying some earrings for Xmas tonight.

I just can't pass up a solid deal. Star Ocean, Tomb Raider Underworld, Wolverine, Call of Juarez: BiB. About $50 even after tax. Not too shabby. All singleplayer glory--I don't multi very often.

Sucks because I just purchased Ghostbusters on Friday at Target for $15 on clearance. Oh well, it's only a $2 savings at Gamefly and my copy was new.

Too many games. Damn I love/hate this time of year.

Used my $40 promo amazon credit on ghostbusters and transformers back in the black friday week cause I was worried about not using it before it expired, haven't even opened them yet...

Learning some important lessons here at CAG.

In for Star Ocean. Going to be able to build a fort with my backlog pretty soon.

I was hoping for some sweeter PS3 deals, LBP inFamous, Resistance 1 or 2, Lair. I am still bitter I missed the Resistance 2 sale a few weeks ago at Gamefly.

I think they might toss out at least the outer box. I bought FEAR 2 from them and all new copies had a slip cover. They didn't give me that.

I grabbed Riddick and Tomb Raider Underworld for 360. I didnt even look at PS3, Wii, or DS games. My wallet is on life support at this point.

How's the single player campaign on Left 4 Dead?

I don't really get into multiplayer but I do enjoy shooting zombies.

Is this game worth it if you're not going to play online with other folks?

This is a love/hate relationship, especially this time of the year.

In for Red Faction, COJ:BiB, Transformers and a few more. Time to play TAPS for my bank account. At least I'll have plenty to play. :cry:

[quote name='nrfuller']How's the single player campaign on Left 4 Dead?

Is this game worth it if you're not going to play online with other folks?[/QUOTE]

The AIs are dumb and the game is not meant to be played in single player.
It's not even close to fun when you play single player campaign. If you like zombie shooters, get the second one which is superior to the first one and has lots of people playing it.

[quote name='nrfuller']How's the single player campaign on Left 4 Dead?

Is this game worth it if you're not going to play online with other folks?[/QUOTE]
I didnt mind playing single player, the only thing that was bad was trying to play expert with the AI team. They're pretty dumb so it makes it a pain in the ass, other than that I had lots of fun with it single player.

[quote name='GamingGator']Godfather 2 sold out while I was debating on what else to buy. CRAP!![/QUOTE]

That sucks. It's a very underrated game, easily worth $10. It's also a pretty quick 1000/1000 on 360, you can get all the achievements well before the game becomes boring.

[quote name='bvharris']That sucks. It's a very underrated game, easily worth $10. It's also a pretty quick 1000/1000 on 360, you can get all the achievements well before the game becomes boring.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at the PS3 version. I don't even have a PS3 yet, but will have one soon. I loved the older version on the Wii so I definitely wanted to play the new one. I missed out on getting it on BF at WalMart and now this time. Oh well...

I need to stop myself. I jumped on Prinny as well as the 5 I'd bought earlier, and am now debating Flower, Sun, and Rain. ENOUGH! :D

help i can only get 2, which ones?

X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
Sttreet Fighter IV $12.99
Resident Evil 5 $12.99
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $12.99
Ghostbusters $12.99

If you're debating some of these ... pop over to Newegg, too, to compare prices ... they've got better NEW prices on several, and free shipping as well.

MP3 for Wii a whole 2 dollars less than the sale price for all 3 MP plus steelbook at BB. And it was only $29 at Target recently for all 3. Pretty lame, as is typical for GF lately on sales on multiple titles at once.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']The AIs are dumb and the game is not meant to be played in single player.
It's not even close to fun when you play single player campaign. If you like zombie shooters, get the second one which is superior to the first one and has lots of people playing it.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay, I had a feeling that was gonna be the case, thanks for the info.

I'll put that 14.99 towards a different game I guess.

[quote name='BigTex1979']If you're debating some of these ... pop over to Newegg, too, to compare prices ... they've got better NEW prices on several, and free shipping as well.[/QUOTE]

Shhh. . . this is GF who never sends discs with scratches (although mine are almost always scratched up), and they are used so they must be cheap.

[quote name='rly723']help i can only get 2, which ones?

Street Fighter IV $12.99
Resident Evil 5 $12.99
Ghostbusters $12.99[/QUOTE]

There ya go.

[quote name='dnarwhat']killzone 2 gone : ([/QUOTE]

Yeah I was thinking about getting that too, but I think I will wait until it hits the $20 price point.

Someone needs to tell Gamefly that GH:Aerosmith blows and is by no means worth that much. :lol:

I wanted to bite on Red Faction but the way the games have been coming lately, lightly sanded, I vowed not to spend over $10 on them.

[quote name='turls']Shhh. . . this is GF who never sends discs with scratches (although mine are almost always scratched up), and they are used so they must be cheap.[/QUOTE]

To each his own I guess, but I've never received a game from GF which was more than a little scratched and didn't play perfectly. And for the most part, these are excellent prices.

Resident Evil 5 $12.99

Wolverine is repetitive although it has nice aspects of action games.
You do not get any new powers playing through to the end, that's the only down side.

Ghostbusters is a fun game, but has lots of user-friendly issues. So if you are not a fan of the franchise, I recommend you to spend it somewhere else.

I'd say SF IV and Resident Evil 5, but both versions are getting new versions.
SF IV is getting something called Super SF IV which is likely to get 10 more characters and more contents.
RE 5 is getting something like GOTY edition with all the existing and new DLC's including new campaign.

Bought NBA 2K9 (360), Tenchu (PSP), and Little King's Story (Wii) all for a little over $30, good deals. Some great games on sale in here, but I already own most of em (because of CAG no less)

Got RE5, Red Faction, and Wolverine for the 360 all for $40 shipped. Figure I'd rather get RE5 now and the DLC later than wait to pay more for the Gold Edition.

Resident Evil 5 $12.99

I'd tell you to consider waiting on SFIV, what with the SSFIV version coming out next year. RE5 for sure, though. Wolverine was good, but repetitive. I've heard nothing but good things about Call of Juarez, and that's a great price, so that'd definitely be worth considering.

Resident Evil 5 $12.99

I would pick Call of Juarez and Ghostbusters, both games totally amazed me on how good they were and were surprise and very pleasant gaming experiences, even online multiplayer for both, the other games are equally great, but Wolverine is more rental and one playthrough is enough, Resident Evil is great if you have a coop buddy, otherwise, its not that great and Street Fighter was a disappointment personally (still a great fighter, but could never get into it).

But overall, Ghostbusters is a must have game I believe, its so good, fun and a great movie game which is rare. (but there really no wrong two picks on that group)

bread's done
Back