GameFly 2009 Year End Sale - Restock!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9358[/IMG-R][preview]GameFly's famous Year End Sale is now running until 1/4/2010. Get free shipping on all used games along with a bunch of great sale prices. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition. Read on for sale items![/preview]

:360: Major League Baseball 2K9 $6.99
:360: NBA 2K9 $7.99
:360: NFS Undercover $7.99
:360: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:360: Wheelman $9.99
:360: Bionic Commando $9.99
:360: Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin $9.99
:360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99
:360: Godfather 2 $9.99
:360: Wanted: Weapons of Fate $9.99
:360: H.A.W.X. $10.99
:360: Street Fighter IV $12.99
:360: Resident Evil 5 $12.99
:360: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $12.99
:360: Midnight Club: Los Angeles $12.99
:360: Ghostbusters $12.99
:360: Battlestations: Pacific $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat vs. DC $14.99
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $14.99
:360: Left 4 Dead $14.99
:360: Fight Night Round 4 $14.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $16.99
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $17.99
:360: Call of Duty: World at War $17.99
:360: Fable 2 $17.99
All Xbox 360 Sale Games

:wii: Excitebots: Trick Racing $12.99
:wii: Sonic and the Black Knight$12.99
:wii: Little King's Story $17.99
:wii: Don King Boxing $6.99
:wii: Prof. Heinz Wolff's Gravity $6.99
:wii: Major League Baseball 2K9 $6.99
:wii: Daisy Fuentes Pilates $7.99
:wii: Deca Sports $7.99
:wii: Neighborhood Games $7.99
:wii: Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball $7.99
:wii: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $7.99
:wii: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $9.99
:wii: The Conduit $9.99
:wii: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:wii: Guitar Hero World Tour $9.99
:wii: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:wii: Carnival Games: Mini-Golf $9.99
:wii: Disney Think Fast $9.99
:wii: Crash: Mind Over Mutant $12.99
:wii: de Blob $12.99
:wii: My Fitness Coach $12.99
:wii: Overlord: Dark Legend $12.99
:wii: House of the Dead: Overkill $14.99
:wii: MadWorld $14.99
:wii: NASCAR Kart Racing $14.99
:wii: Guitar Hero: Metallica $17.99
:wii: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption $17.99
All Wii Sale Games

spacer.gif

:ps3: Bionic Commando $7.99
:ps3: Stormrise $9.99
:ps3: Damnation $9.99
:ps3: Major League Baseball 2K9 $9.99
:ps3: Golden Axe: Beast Rider $9.99
:ps3: NBA 2K9 $9.99
:ps3: NBA Live 09 $9.99
:ps3: Shellshock 2: Blood Trails $9.99
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 $9.99
:ps3: Bond 007: Quantum of Solace $12.99
:ps3: Godfather 2 $12.99
:ps3: WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2009 $12.99
:ps3: MLB '09: The Show $12.99
:ps3: Virtua Tennis 2009 $12.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters $14.99
:ps3: Monsters vs. Aliens $14.99
:ps3: WWE: Legends of Wrestlemania $14.99
:ps3: Far Cry 2 $14.99
:ps3: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $17.99
:ps3: C&C: Red Alert 3 $19.99
:ps3: Dynasty War. Gundam 2 $19.99
:ps3: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince $19.99
All PS3 Sale Games

:ds: Build a Lot $7.99
:ds: Dream Day Wedding $7.99
:ds: Flower, Sun, and Rain $7.99
:ds: Blue Dragon Plus $9.99
:ds: Harvest Moon: Frantic Farming $9.99
:ds: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian $9.99
:ds: Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume $12.99
:ds: Rhythm Heaven $12.99
:ds: Naruto Ninja Council 4 $12.99
:ds: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon $14.99
:ds: Ghostbusters $14.99
:ds: Pokemon Ranger: Almia $14.99
:ds: Star Wars Jedi Alliance $14.99
:ds: GTA: Chinatown Wars $17.99
:ds: Gardening Mama $17.99
:ds: Suikoden Tierkreis $17.99
:ds: Legendary Starfy $19.99
All DS Sale Games

:psp: Tenchu: Shadow Assassins $7.99
:psp: Dragon Ball: Evolution $7.99
:psp: DT Carnage $7.99
:psp: MLB '09: The Show $9.99
:psp: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:psp: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $12.99
:psp: The Bigs 2 $12.99
:psp: Patapon $14.99
:psp: Resistance: Retribution $14.99
:psp: Class of Heroes $14.99
:psp: Prinny: Can I Really Be a Hero $14.99
:psp: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $14.99
:psp: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite $17.99
:psp: Phantasy Star Portable $17.99
:psp: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $17.99
:psp: Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce $19.99
All PSP Sale Games

:ps2: Backyard Baseball '09 $4.99
:ps2: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 $5.99
:ps2: Tomb Raider Underworld $7.99
:ps2: Secret Service $7.99
:ps2: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows $7.99
:ps2: Shaun White Snowboarding $7.99
:ps2: Guitar Hero World Tour $9.99
:ps2: Avatar: Into the Inferno $9.99
:ps2: Bond 007: Quantum of Solace $9.99
:ps2: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings $9.99
:ps2: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness $12.99
:ps2: God of War $14.99
:ps2: MLB '09: The Show $14.99
All PS2 Sale Games

Last edited by a moderator:
In for Wolverine on the 360. It is REALLY disappointing to see how few PS3 games were on sale compared the the 360's selection. At the very least you would think that they would have offered the same games for both systems. I would have liked to have picked up Battlefield: Bad Company on the PS3. I'm just not keen on the people that play online on the 360. They usually tend to be be, well, jerks.

Got RE 5 now before they disappeared as I need to rebuy it for cheap for the DLC coming out. Will get Wolverine and Tomb Raider if still available next week.

really wanted to see skate 2 ps3 since only the 360 was on sale earlier.... nothing else here for me.

Buyer beware... I ordered Skate 2 a week ago and got it in the mail.. It was supposed to be a present for my daughter.. At 13.79 how could I pass it up?

I received it in the mail and it has three cracks in the center ring... I emailed gamefly and they said that they will take the game back, and refund my money. No exchanges..

Now it's up to 19.99 plus shipping.. So I'm penalized 10.00 because gamefly sent mea cracked game.. What a bunch of bull.

I'm sure the game will play, but I have a problem putting a game with visible cracks in the hub in a brand new 360....!!!

So buyer beware... They will refund, but will not replace!!

In for Wolverine, Fable 2, and Matt Hazard for the 360! As luck would have it, I already had Wolverine rented from them! Keep it at $8.99, new game shipped out today.

Life is good.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I bit on Red Faction, based solely on the glowing review it was given in one of the old CAGcasts.[/QUOTE]

Red Faction is one of my top ten games from this year...
I paid $34 for it, and it was worth every penny.

[quote name='egorka']Buyer beware... I ordered Skate 2 a week ago and got it in the mail.. It was supposed to be a present for my daughter.. At 13.79 how could I pass it up?

I received it in the mail and it has three cracks in the center ring... I emailed gamefly and they said that they will take the game back, and refund my money. No exchanges..

Now it's up to 19.99 plus shipping.. So I'm penalized 10.00 because gamefly sent mea cracked game.. What a bunch of bull.

I'm sure the game will play, but I have a problem putting a game with visible cracks in the hub in a brand new 360....!!!

So buyer beware... They will refund, but will not replace!![/QUOTE]

Same crap happened to me to with far cry 2. These so called big sells from gamefly are used to get rid of the barely working games they have. Only time ill ever try them again is if the game is a really good deal then id waste my time because i could get lucky.

i might bite on the bio commando for ps3 $7.99 and since its blu ray itsa prob in playable shape since those are fucking hard to scrath prob why gamefly rarely even has deals on ps3 games lol

EDIT dam they sold out!

[quote name='Xenokai']Same crap happened to me to with far cry 2. These so called big sells from gamefly are used to get rid of the barely working games they have. Only time ill ever try them again is if the game is a really good deal then id waste my time because i could get lucky.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you guys just got unlucky. I've purchased close to 10 games from gamefly during the sales, and haven't received any that have any defects greater than some light scratches or the small chips around the outside of the disc. All of them have been 100% playable as well.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Sounds like you guys just got unlucky. I've purchased close to 10 games from gamefly during the sales, and haven't received any that have any defects greater than some light scratches or the small chips around the outside of the disc. All of them have been 100% playable as well.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've been with Gamefly for years now and have purchased several games from them. Never had any issues with any of the titles purchase wise. Rental wise, I've only had two discs broken and one lost in five years.

Pretty good if you ask me.

Like everyone else, I got Star Ocean The Last Hope for $15.75 including tax and free shipping. I've never ordered from them before, but that price is hard to beat.

[quote name='Xenokai']i might bite on the bio commando for ps3 $7.99 and since its blu ray itsa prob in playable shape since those are fucking hard to scrath prob why gamefly rarely even has deals on ps3 games lol

EDIT dam they sold out![/QUOTE]

probably happened as you were typing the first part of your post.

I picked up Ghostbusters, NBA 2K9 and Wolverine for the 360. I also picked up MLB Show 09 for PS3.
Wish I would of got a Bionic Commando for PS3.

Got :360: Transformers 2, Need for Speed Undercover and Legends of Wrestlemania. Not sure when I will actually play them though since my backlog is already huge and I'm getting Darksiders, Bayonetta and Divinity 2 the first week of January...

[quote name='egorka']Buyer beware... I ordered Skate 2 a week ago and got it in the mail.. It was supposed to be a present for my daughter.. At 13.79 how could I pass it up?

So buyer beware... They will refund, but will not replace!![/QUOTE]

Last year I bought 3 games from them on their last holiday sale. I bought one one week and the other 2 the second week. Not one of them worked. It was really wierd. Same thing as you. They would give me a refund, but they wouldn't send me new games. I decided that I wasn't going to buy anymore games from them, but I really wanted Tiger Woods 09 and their price was really good. It came in perfect condition and worked great. Hopefully Wolverine will come in the same condition.

[quote name='Stingermck']Disappointed COD WAW isnt on sale for PS3[/QUOTE]

PS3 really got the short end of the stick this go around.

[quote name='ferris182']I picked up Ghostbusters, NBA 2K9 and Wolverine for the 360. I also picked up MLB Show 09 for PS3.
Wish I would of got a Bionic Commando for PS3.[/QUOTE]

I saw Bionic Commando go down to $7.99 around 10am and jumped immediately. That price was too hard to pass up.

just got MLB 09 the show great deal hope to see alot more deals.
well i guess i got screwed cause i thought i bought it and nothing showed up as purchased when i went to look at it again and went to try to buy it again and not up for sale anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cycophuk']PS3 really got the short end of the stick this go around.[/QUOTE]
yeah they did..

i wanted exclusives for ps3 or even eternal sonata, nothing.
Even Ghostbuster for ps3 is slightly 3 bucks higher than the 360 brother.
Yeah, 3 bucks! :hot:

Always PS3 people in threads complaining that their games don't get cheap. I don't understand it, either, but you should know by now.

Damn, GOW2 and SO:TLH would be like 2 for $30 virtually, damn good deal, most likely gonna jump on that. Too bad PS3 doesn't have much to offer.

[quote name='Vegan']Always PS3 people in threads complaining that their games don't get cheap. I don't understand it, either, but you should know by now.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice to surprise us with good ps3 sales on occasion :p

Got F.E.A.R. 2 and MC:LA for the 360, and PSP for the PSP (got tired of waiting for it to go up on PSN)

I have a bunch of games from GF, but it was when I used to be a member. I'd rent a game and decide to keep it. That way you at least know what you are getting ahead of time.

People just really treat rental discs terribly. Even worse are DVDs you borrow from the library. I guess if they don't own it, they consider them frisbees or somethign.

Keee-rist...! Not what my wallet or backlog needed but damn it, I bit...:headache:

Picked up Wheelman, Tomb Raider Underground, UFC Undisputed, Red Faction Guerrilla, Ghostbusters, Mortal Kombat Vs. DC & Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Ugh, they were all games I was curious about, they hit the right price points and I had the cash. Damn my cheap ass game shopping addiction! #-o

[quote name='PR Mega X']I bit on Red Faction, based solely on the glowing review it was given in one of the old CAGcasts.[/QUOTE]

I JUST finished it last night after renting it from Gamefly and it's a ton of fun. Definitely had more fun with it than I thought I would! What has been said about its difficulty ramping up is true; about halfway through the game, it shoots up and there's an insane amount of enemies and stuff going on. You won't regret the buy!

I bought five games for $60. (MLB 09 the show, Bound in Blood, Need for Speed, HAWX, and Midnight Club). Puts my backlog to well over 10 games, or about 300 hours.

[quote name='el swordo']thanks op got ghost busters for $13 how bad can it be?[/QUOTE]
Bad?? Its not a bad game at all, IMO its a awesome game and definitely worth $13!

sweet cool i will definitely play it eventually i just couldn't pass on adding it too my collection especially since box and manual are in perfect condition

Compared to the amazing deals I've got for PS3/DS from Amazon and were all NEW, this used deal isn't all too worth it for me. Definitely worth it if you are wanting any of these games.

What happens if we buy a game and it's scratched up but still plays? Can we still return it? I don't want to buy a game that's scratched up and be stuck with it.

just tell them it froze or something and i'm sure they wouldnt even question it.

but it's going to be scratched, i guarantee it.

[quote name='Mizzou75']just tell them it froze or something and i'm sure they wouldnt even question it.

but it's going to be scratched, i guarantee it.[/QUOTE]
yeah me too it will most likely be scratched but the box and manual will be in perfect condition. take it to a video store and they will put it in a machine and remove all scratches for you . they might charge you $2 but sometimes they will do it for free.

[quote name='el swordo']yeah me too it will most likely be scratched but the box and manual will be in perfect condition. take it to a video store and they will put it in a machine and remove all scratches for you . they might charge you $2 but sometimes they will do it for free.[/QUOTE]

That's possible? Never knew that.
Besides, waste of money to me.

Ended up purchasing another copy of Street Fighter IV as well. I brought in my other copy at work today, and gave it to a friend that wanted it really badly (I order something for him on Amazon he was paying me for, so I just slipped SFIV in the bag and told him there was an extra present for him).

Ah, good old Christmas cheer... but now I kind of feel like I should have taken him up on his offer to pay me for SFIV, since I'm out $12.56 now, haha.

bread's done
Back